BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fenris78

Regular
The VVDn Edge Box is great news.

I wonder how it differs from the Raspberry Pi/PCIe?

I suppose it will include some BRN model libraries, and/or be able to download them.

It should also include some cybersecurity.

This is an example of available edge boxes:

EPC-R7000​

NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Edge AI Inference System​

https://www.advantech.com/en/produc...7000/mod_8cc2f7ef-3a11-42b2-be86-cb176516b339
  • NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 Dual-Core NVIDIA Denver2 + Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
  • NVIDAI® Pascal™ 256 CUDA cores GPU
  • 8GB LPDDR4 and 32GB eMMC NAND Flash onboard
  • 1Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 PoE port (IEEE 802.3af)
  • TensorRT/cuDNN, VisionWorks/OpenCV AI framework support
  • 4K H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
  • -20 ~ 60 °C operating temperature/ 19V DC Power supply
EPC-R7000 is an ARM based Edge AI Inference Box Computer powered by NVIDIA® JETSON™ TX2Dual-Core NVIDIA Denver2 + Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 processor and NVIDAI Pascal™ 256 CUDA cores GPU which provides high performance computing, supports TensorRT, cuDNN, VisionWorks framework for AI application.

• Rockchip ARM Cortex A17 RK3288 Quad Core, up to 1.6GHz

It uses up to 12 Watts.
I wondered the same thing... is this a Rasberry Pi on steroids? Will be interesting to see VVDN's input on the new product.

Reactions: 7 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hey mate can you list a few of your reasons why you have kept topping lately.
Just to add a bit of positivity to the forum🙏
Morning Rise ,

My last top up was at $0.38 ,

reason being.......

The Carrera Marble surface of the helipad needs re doing..... think i shall go with Mutton Fat Jade, although vastly dearer the wear properties are superior.

😁.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

FJ-215

Regular
It will be interesting to see the make up of the box. Which version of Akida would it be set up with?
G'day @Shadow59'

Total guess here but would think the Akida 1500.

Looking at the examples of VVDN's existing products, there is a lot of compute power there already, no need for Akida to come with a CPU. As Megachips was involved with the AKD 1500, this might explain why there is no mention of a license fee.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Cyw

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Iseki

Regular
That's my issue with the forum and the reason all of my friends left months ago already.
As soon as someone does not agree, logical thinking just stops, and you get called a lier, downramper, stupid, thrown gifs at you ladididi dadidi.
A product, the only one you have, 3 years into commercialization that doesn't sell and even gets called not robust enough by its own company is a failure. End and over.

I can name you an example for a lie regarding this topic.
When the technology was ready for licensing, they said that revenue growth would outgrow expenses. They said that there will be a lot of ip licensing going forward, or other phrases liked it'd become the defacto standard.
Regarding the second gen, there was only an outdated timeline available.
I don't recall when it was, but I think it was some months maybe even only some weeks before the last AGM someone dropped that the "AKD1000 never intended to be a revenue stream"
Now that's a lie with consequences that we can all witness right now.
Can't wait for people making excuses like "he was only talking about physical chips and not IP" or whatever people will come up with.
Good you're still here.
Yes the management has changed some timelines, but mostly because I think they are being honest.
I think they have always said that everything depends on signed contracts and revenue.
The chips were always there to prove the point that the IP works so go make your own chip.
They have acknowledged that this has been a step too hard for most manufacturers. Certainly it looks like a mistake to rely on just Renesas and MegaChips. In any other industry you wouldn't charge these companies, rather you would share profit with them if the on-sold Akida. So it looks like our sales team have been over-confident. Mostly to get traction you need to give away free samples, free introductory offers etc.
To be frank, buying a $40,000 NVDIA chip is cheaper than spending $4000000 designing a chip with Akida inside.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
Morning Rise ,

My last top up was at $0.38 ,

reason being.......

The Carrera Marble surface of the helipad needs re doing..... think i shall go with Mutton Fat Jade, although vastly dearer the wear properties are superior.

😁.

Regards,
Esq.
Definitely install a smart doorbell on that helipad to keep the riff-raff away.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
So we have six trading days till AKD 2.0 twitter announcement.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Hi jtardif999,

I've been down the Meteor Lake rabbit hole and the news is not good if the press speculation is correct.

Inside Meteor Lake: Intel’s radical new Core chip is optimized for the future (msn.com)

The NPU is one part of that. Intel’s NPU includes a pair of neural compute engines, each with two VLIW Shade DSPs inside, with inference engines capable of up to eight instructions per cycle. Even for consumers used to parsing the number of cores per chip, base clocks, and turbo clocks, this won’t make a lot of sense. What Intel is trying to convey is that AI requires a ton of multiply-accumulate (MAC) instructions per cycle, and that those engines can perform 2,048 MAC calculations each.
Intel’s secret sauce, though, isn’t just the AI NPU, but how the CPU, GPU, and NPU can all help assist each other. Take the following example. Running 20 iterations of Stable Diffusion, Intel tried various combinations: performing all of the calculations on the CPU, all on the GPU, all on the NPU, and a combination of all three. Performing them all on the NPU took 20.7 seconds and 10 total watts, the most efficient use. But performing them all on the GPU and NPU finished the task in 11.3 seconds, consuming 30W.

Akida does not do "instructions per cycle".
Akida does not do lots of MACs.
Akida does not use Watts.
Fair enough - sounds like a pretty average result though with that power consumption - Intel are not really positioning themselves for the true small device or sensor edge then - just a PC edge. We move on....

Akida for the true edge, small cost, small power, small sensors and devices...and in the billions of small edge devices.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
You've changed man
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

So has the SP :cry:
We are back at the IPO price :sick:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Deena

Regular
Our belief is not enough. We need the belief of a client. Enough to sign a DEAL.
Hey Iseki. You have suggested in your post that no client has signed a deal. Why do you say that? How do you know that? Or do you mean that you just haven't seen substantial revenue yet? Arrr! A deal that results in substantial revenue showing in our 4C! Have patience Iseki.
Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

DK6161

Regular
Those that bought more a few days ago, are you still topping up? Asking for my wife... and our marriage.
Anyone know any cheap divorce lawyers. Thanks

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Me now after looking at my BRN holdings :confused:

will-work.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Just picked up 30k more shares at .20 hopefully this is near the bottom. Me thinks thing will start to rise Friday afternoon going into next week before the release of 2.0.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
Hi Dio

Should your final summary read with two simple words “ operating alone” ie

“Akida operating alone does not do "instructions per cycle".
Akida operating alone does not do lots of MACs.
Akida operating alone does not use Watts.”

I say this because surely a PC containing a SOC being operated would not just use one part alone. All 4 tiles contains cumpute function and would be in operation. Akida could be in there still.

It’s a bit like mixed fruit juice containing apples and oranges. Doesn’t tast like apple. Doesn’t taste like orange. But still contains both 😜
I was thinking this myself - Intel may have to make Akida "compatible/integrated" with their old tech..."make it dumber" - so in the end the measures are in old tech! I guess we will wait and see.

Reactions: 3 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
25 + Millions short positions was closed on the 15th. So who brought the rest of the volume on last friday?

Screenshot_20230921_103949_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_115252_Chrome.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Iseki

Regular
Hey Iseki. You have suggested in your post that no client has signed a deal. Why do you say that? How do you know that? Or do you mean that you just haven't seen substantial revenue yet? Arrr! A deal that results in substantial revenue showing in our 4C! Have patience Iseki.
Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!
Don't take this the wrong way, but if BRN or it's licensees has a signed deal, and they are refusing to let the cat out of the bag for long term marketing reasons whilst the SP drops 90% they will have done the wrong thing by the retail investors. Insiders would have been in the know so could hold their stock, but outsiders left out to dry, and this hasn't been BRN's form to date. ie if there are NDA's then BRN should ask to be released from them.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

toasty

Regular
I wondered the same thing... is this a Rasberry Pi on steroids? Will be interesting to see VVDN's input on the new product.
VVDN is a very large and successful company. I doubt they would be making a neuromorphic edge box available if they hadn't already made sure there was a market for them to sell into.

Just my opinion

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

GDJR69

Regular
Don't take this the wrong way, but if BRN or it's licensees has a signed deal, and they are refusing to let the cat out of the bag for long term marketing reasons whilst the SP drops 90% they will have done the wrong thing by the retail investors. Insiders would have been in the know so could hold their stock, but outsiders left out to dry, and this hasn't been BRN's form to date. ie if there are NDA's then BRN should ask to be released from them.
That would be a serious breach of the ASX's continuous disclosure rules. I doubt that is the case - the company is very sensitive about the ASX Listing Rules.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom