Iseki

Regular
386 buyers for 11,788,971 units
vs
357 sellers for 23,751,865 units

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I believe the offers for BRN will only come once the big boys start realising near enough isn’t good enough for their in-house tech and that Akida is an integral part of the Edge AI ecosystem.. Supply demand type of squeeze..

Reactions: 6 users
386 buyers for 11,788,971 units
vs
357 sellers for 23,751,865 units
What keeps you invested here and I'm not insinuating that you should sell.
Must be something that keeps you, me others here?
I'm still here for the bin juice burning gifs
Excellent content.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

davidfitz

Regular

2024 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Review​

The E-Class uses A.I. to anticipate your wants and needs​

Lastly, Mercedes’s foray into in-car A.I. sees the E450 trying to detect and fully automate repeated patterns.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

BrainChip Engages VVDN to Deliver Industry’s First Commercial Edge Box Based on Neuromorphic Technology

September 20, 2023 05:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time

LAGUNA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has partnered with VVDN Technologies, a premier electronics engineering and manufacturing company, to deliver the industry’s first Edge box based on neuromorphic technology.

“Edge AI systems specifically architected to meet the performance, power, cooling, portability, and cost requirements are necessary to drive market growth.”

VVDN Technologies is an industry-leading device manufacture and solutions provider that has extensive experience in developing and deploying vision-based solutions for various domains, such as automotive, industrial, security surveillance, enterprise, medical and others. VVDN will complement BrainChip’s AI capability with their domain expertise in hardware design, firmware development, cloud integration and manufacturing for the Edge box product.

“We are excited to bring the benefits of neuromorphic computing to the Edge AI market with VVDN as our lead partner,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute.”

The Edge box is a compact and powerful device that can run various AI applications at the Edge of the network, such as video analytics, face recognition, object detection and more. The Edge box leverages BrainChip’s Akida™ processors, which are designed to mimic the structure and function of the human brain. Akida processors offer high performance, low power consumption and scalability for Edge AI solutions.

“Edge boxes are a rapidly growing segment in AI and are currently based on platforms from major players,” said Bram Geenen Co-founder of Wevolver, providers of one of the most subscribed Edge AI analyst reports. “The cost-effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic processor, coupled with VVDN’s solutions expertise should deliver a boost to the proliferation of customizable and secure AI applications at the Edge.”

“Edge AI is currently dominated by Nvidia and Qualcomm. But these systems are not ideal for the Edge from a power, size, and cost perspective,” said Marc Staimer, President Dragon Slayer Consulting. “Edge AI systems specifically architected to meet the performance, power, cooling, portability, and cost requirements are necessary to drive market growth.”

The Edge box will be available for presale from BrainChip and VVDN later this year.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Contacts
Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Contact:
Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
BrainChip
tdawe@brainchip.com

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD
ASX:BRN
That’s a fkn market sensitive announcement if I’ve ever seen one.. Unless they’re only selling 5 of them for a few grand each. 🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Anyone taken a look at this
One for the dedicated diggers to keep an eye on

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

rgupta

Regular
No IP deal required if they attain IP from the likes of Renesas so watch for the lumpy-ness.
I assume no Ip is required here as it may be a profit sharing formula product.
Dyor

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
An orchestrated wind has been howling through the BRN tree of late, with many a frustrated investor succumbing to this wind and falling like an autumn leaf, or being picket off one by one by unscrupulous players that do this for a living with a smile on there face.
Is this the last of the tree shake? don't know. I am firmly chained to the trunk and my resolve in this great technological marvel has never been stronger, even bought some more this morning.
You got to ask yourself, your selling who's buying?

Here's your trade confirmation
You've bought 50000 units in BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD (BRN) at a price of $00.20 per unit (not including brokerage), on trading account *

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
An orchestrated wind has been howling through the BRN tree of late, with many a frustrated investor succumbing to this wind and falling like an autumn leaf, or being picket off one by one by unscrupulous players that do this for a living with a smile on there face.
Is this the last of the tree shake? don't know. I am firmly chained to the truck and my resolve in this great technological marvel has never been stronger, even bought some more this morning.
You got to ask yourself, your selling who's buying?

Here's your trade confirmation's your trade confirmation
You've bought 50000 units in BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD (BRN) at a price of $00.20 per unit (not including brokerage), on trading account *
We are witnessing one of the greatest investment decisions in history.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

gex

Regular
Alright, who took a knife to my watch list lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Industry’s First Commercial Edge Box Based on Neuromorphic Technology

Based on (buzz words gaining traction) NEUROMORPHIC TECHNOLOGY

EDGE is good too. And FIRST.

And Brainchip.

Soon we can connect the $$$$....and kiss off dots (well not entirely)
So maybe they’re selling it to a few Traffic Control Centres for kids parties..
Wouldn’t mind seeing a contract with the govt..

Reactions: 2 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi Dio

Should your final summary read with two simple words “ operating alone” ie

“Akida operating alone does not do "instructions per cycle".
Akida operating alone does not do lots of MACs.
Akida operating alone does not use Watts.”

I say this because surely a PC containing a SOC being operated would not just use one part alone. All 4 tiles contains cumpute function and would be in operation. Akida could be in there still.

It’s a bit like mixed fruit juice containing apples and oranges. Doesn’t tast like apple. Doesn’t taste like orange. But still contains both 😜
IMO..... Akida is most likely now days to be "Intels Secret Sauce" and subject to a strict NDA

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
What keeps you invested here and I'm not insinuating that you should sell.
Must be something that keeps you, me others here?
I'm still here for the bin juice burning gifs
Excellent content.
Foolhardiness mostly. That, and the gifs.
I'm glad some of us got out in time - FF, uiux, zeebot and others. What fun we had over the years!
But I'm more the bunny in the headlights now, with the odd recollection of inexplicable voting at the AGM's.
Personally I hope Anil takes over. I've pretty much given up on Sean, RobT, and the 100 employees. Move it all to India and start again.
I always loved the idea of what we made, but never thought we had a clue financially.

• Sad
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

charles2

Regular
Hadn't seen this page before on Nviso.

Has it been updated anyone?

View attachment 45117

View attachment 45116
Lots of references to Brainchip here:

NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING INTEROPERABILITY​

ULTRA-LOW LATENCY WITH LOW POWER​

NVISO-Neuro-Model-Throughput.png

NVISO-Neuro-Model-Storage.png

ULTRA-LOW LATENCY (<1MS)​

Total NVISO Neuro Model latency is similar for GPU and BrainChip Akida™ neuromorphic processor (300 MHz), however CPU latency is approximately 2.4x slower. All models on all platforms can achieve <10ms latency and the best model can achieve 0.6ms which is almost 2x times faster than a GPU. On a clock frequency normalization basis, this represents an acceleration of 6x.

HIGH THROUGHPUT (>1000 FPS)​

NVISO Neuro Model performance can be accelerated by an average of 3.67x using BrainChip Akida™ neuromorphic processor at 300MHz over a single core ARM Cortex A57 as found in a NVIDIA Jetson Nano (4GB) running at close to 5x the clock frequency. On a clock frequency normalization basis, this represents an acceleration of 18.1x.

SMALL STORAGE (<1MB)​

NVISO Neuro Models can achieve a model storage size under 1MB targeting ultra-low power MCU system where onboard flash memory is limited. Removing the need for external flash memory saves cost and power. BrainChip Akida™ format uses 4-bit quantisation where ONNX format uses Float32 format.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
I'm glad some of us got out in time - FF, uiux, zeebot and others. What fun we had over the years!
But I'm more the bunny in the headlights now, with the odd recollection of inexplicable voting at the AGM's.
Personally I hope Anil takes over. I've pretty much given up on Sean, RobT, and the 100 employees. Move it all to India and start again.
I always loved the idea of what we made, but never thought we had a clue financially.

giphy.gif

pricey to hang around the for just the gifs.... but thats why im still here.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
May not need any IP deal at all if we actually are supplying that gratis or gratis initially with maybe a milestone trigger that when "X" units sold then VVDN agree to purchase a licence from us or Renesas or whoever to continue the product if uptake is solid.

The other side to look at is that the tapeout Renesas did earlier this year was for a 3rd party and maybe, just maybe, it was for VVDN as as such you could be right re the revenue / royalties would flow through them to us.
If so…. You’d hope that in turn Renesas would be doing a tapeout for a product with commercially significant volume.. Otherwise they’d just order a few thousand chips, no?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Wow. I hadn't even heard of an "Edge box" until this morning. It always has me curious as well when Qualcomm sprukes on device processing. Especially for the next gen Snapdragon. Maybe they have found a way to do it... but is it as good, or as cost effective? Time will tell.
Wonder what an edge box is and where does it go, and how many there are in circulation.. Something like that would be nice to know without having to take a day off to investigate and research on your own..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I had no intention of posting today, even though the thesis I put regarding Nvidia being at risk is now playing out, but you have piqued my curiosity.

What is the source of your information that I have sold out and moved on?

I noticed that Tech said the same thing the other day and I thought it was in jest but apparently not so.

Can you provide a link so I can keep up to date with my share trades as it appears I am a trader and I have a developing short term memory problem and Commsec is clearly an unreliable record of my share holdings?

Kind regards
FF.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 138 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
I had no intention of posting today, even though the thesis I put regarding Nvidia being at risk is now playing out, but you have piqued my curiosity.

What is the source of your information that I have sold out and moved on?

I noticed that Tech said the same thing the other day and I thought it was in jest but apparently not so.

Can you provide a link so I can keep up to date with my share trades as it appears I am a trader and I have a developing short term memory problem and Commsec is clearly an unreliable record of my share holdings?

Kind regards
FF.
Glad to see you still around FF. Trying times again but alot of us have weathered these storms before and probably will again. Time will tell if our patience was the right choice

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Xray1

Regular
Like it but not sure will move the needle too much but...

The key wording for me is that "Brainchip engages VVDN"

Implies to me that maybe we bit the bullet to at least get a working product out there that would prove Akida in the wild and went with VVDN as the most capable with the right sort of mkt product to manufacture.

Could be wrong, but that's how I read the wording.

If so, then may be a reduced downside risk for VVDN as we maybe pay part of the BOM or similar and maybe revenue split slanted more to VVDN favour or entirely (?) especially if there isn't a material ASX Ann advising there is a $ value attached by contract.

Lack of a formal Ann would imply possibly no $ attached as revenue initially. Could be a test the water run and then become more $ formal if successful?

Upside wins are VVDN have the first real commercial / industrial IOT available product with Akida / neuromorphic and for BRN, proves again to be the first with Akida and hopefully generates more interest.

Just my thoughts anyway.
Great Post ..... your worth a whole bunch more of red hearts for this one ....

IMO.. a great pickup on the usage of the word :" ENGAGES ".

I personally think that BRN bit the bullet to seek out VVDN to essentially manufacture a specific AI product with our Akida IP contained therein.

Imo, It is good to see BRN being proactive in coming up with a sales program / outcome rather than waiting for outside orders / uptakes from other customers and EAP's.

This type of scenario would also push along the uptake from our customers / EAP's still sitting on the side lines becoming concerned and aware that BRN just might take this type of selling scenario to another level and other interested parties
(competitors) thus losing their to early market advantages.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom