BRN Discussion Ongoing

Good luck people, I'm out, Sorry for dropping the price further. I'd rather buy back at a premium when they start ann on the ASX and not linked in or paid ads.
Didn't you just top up more the otherday?
Or am I mistaken?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

JDelekto

Regular
goodbye NVIDIA jetson hello brainchip akida

View attachment 45078 View attachment 45087
I think that Akida would not need the integrated heatsink and cooling fins. Nor would it need the fan bolted onto the inside.

I would picture it thinner, sleeker, sexier, and easier to conceal.

I would love to have one of the Akida versions with one of the open-source home automation projects.

I think recognizing the specific individuals in a room would provide some exciting customization scenarios.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

skutza

Regular
Or am I mistaken?
Yes, and now they all sold at a loss. I still hold in my super, I've transferred funds from here to another piece of crap. But at least they ann to the market. I am happy to buy back over 30c if needed. Why watch money go down the drain. Been doing that for 12 months. Sometimes you just gotta draw a line. But be thankful, I usually sell at the bottom so you should all be good from here on.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

davidfitz

Regular
WARNING - Do not look at the sell side!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

JDelekto

Regular
What's everyone's thoughts on competing against existing edge AI boxes from them?
Wasn't there previous comments that the existing technology like these boxes are good enough? So why would industries suddenly switch to Akida?
Healthy competition is good.

While I have not seen any comparisons between the Qualcomm and Akida solutions, there have already been comparisons between Nvidia's Jetson Nano platform and Akida.

Given what I've seen, Akida will provide a more performant solution that uses less power and is likely at a lower price point. I think it will definitely turn some heads.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Fenris78

Regular
It seems to me that VVDN has a stake in each camp with Edge Boxes. Isn't Jetson a tad expensive? Or are they targeting different markets. View attachment 45095

View attachment 45096
Bloody Edge boxes everywhere! I thought we were first ???
1695257207270.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Yes, and now they all sold at a loss. I still hold in my super, I've transferred funds from here to another piece of crap. But at least they ann to the market. I am happy to buy back over 30c if needed. Why watch money go down the drain. Been doing that for 12 months. Sometimes you just gotta draw a line. But be thankful, I usually sell at the bottom so you should all be good from here on.
Well good luck mate on your future investments.
And nice you still have some in super.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

skutza

Regular
Or am I mistaken?
Also my theory in this is, maybe there will be some good news in the near future. The shorters seem to be in a real panic at the moment to get this down as quickly as possible. No longer is it a slow painful death its cuts with a 1000 lashes for the 1000 eyes!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Also my theory in this is, maybe there will be some good news in the near future. The shorters seem to be in a real panic at the moment to get this down as quickly as possible. No longer is it a slow painful death its cuts with a 1000 lashes for the 1000 eyes!
Even though I've been a bit frustrated with the price action lately and cracks appearing in my peanut.
I'm going to take advantage of this blood bath and bathe in some cheap shares.
All the best mate hope you recoup your losses in a flash.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Fenris78

Regular
Try googling "neuromorphic"
Might give you a bit of info into what Akida actually is
When I first bought brainchip a few years ago... I had to do exactly that to find out "what's a neuromorphic chip anyway." It's all hot news now... but new products like Intel's Meteor Lake seem to use the terms NPU/AI accelerator interchangeably. I wasn't after the snide remarks... I was simply stating that I wasn't aware Edge AI boxes were a thing until today. Qualcomm and Nvidia have jumped in first, I'm banking on Akida being better... but even so.. it's pretty stiff competition against the tech giants. "Neuromorphic" or not... their competing products.. to date at least.. have proven good enough.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Deena

Regular
How and why do you have the faith in the management when we have almost no new source of revenue for multiple years and our main tech still not being implemented in any marketed product.

Day by day, I am losing faith both in the product & management.

I even question the company's definition of "partnership" or being "in a relationship/EAP."

To date, none of these partnerships/EAPs have yielded any tangible results or committed a substantial financial investment to back their words. Ford, Mercedes, Valeo... it's been years without any concrete contracts materializing.

For one of the recently announced partnership with ANT81, when someone from this forum has reached out to them asking about Akida Gen 2, they said they gotta test out the first gen first (or something along this line)... like.. at what stage do they start relationship as "partnership"? Another one was with Vorago where someone from fb group reached out to their employees and they said they didnt proceed due to lack of funding (or something along this line)..

Even before Akida, we've been speculating potential links with many majorcompanies like Amazon, Google, Samsung, SK, Qualcomm, etc., but none has been confirmed to use our tech in their products at all...

Although we have joined ecosystems of ARM, SiFive, Intel Foundary, etc. There are other big players and multiple start up companies in their long list of partners...

I truely hope that one day, I'll hear from everyone here, "I told you it would come back, we were right!"... Despite the doubts some may have about my constant complaining (and multiple accusations of having some sort of an agenda), I am committed to hold forever... I plan to observe how this situation unfolds, whether it leads to a complete loss or an early retirement opportunity.
Oh ye of little faith! Let's take a deeper look at what you are saying Cardpro.

"... we have almost no new source of revenue for multiple years ..."
I believe this statement is blatantly wrong. The company has been regularly informing us to new and existing relationships that will provide new sources of revenue. What you mean is, that you expect revenue to occur immediately when an announcement is made. Unfortunately that is not how a product like ours works. You should be aware that there is a lead in time for our technology to go into retail products of about 4 years. We have little control over this time frame, or when the products are released. If you want instant revenue, you have invested in the wrong company.

“… our main tech is still not being implemented in an marketed product.” Once again see above plus you do not know this. There could be products being marketed with our technology in it right now. What you mean is that you have not seen any substantial revenue yet. There will always be a time lag. Get used to it.

“I even question the company’s definition of "partnership" or being "in a relationship/EAP."
What is the company’s definition of these terms? What do you think would be a better definition?

“To date, none of these partnerships/EAPs have yielded any tangible results or committed a substantial financial investment to back their words.”
I’m sorry? Why would you think this? I would suggest that your statement is substantially wrong. I would be almost certain that many large corporations have been making substantial investments in developing and implementing our technology into their future products and have been reporting tangible improvements in the performance of their products as a result. What evidence do you have to support your unbelievable contrary view?

“… it's been years without any concrete contracts materialising.”
Once again Cardpro, why would you make this statement? How do you know this? You are well aware that virtually all our partners and customers are subject to NDAs (non-disclosure agreements). These are in place for very good commercial reasons. So what you really mean is that you have not seen these contacts. Well really! That IS the point of an NDA.

You have pointed out what you believe to be some weak or early relationships with some companies. Well yes. There will always be a range of relationships between different partners and customers. But I’m sure that equally there are also numerous very strong relationships that are proceeding with enthusiasm and conviction. We have certainly seen evidence of this, or are you only picking out examples that support your negative narrative?

You have mentioned about speculation regarding relationships with some major corporations … that have not been confirmed to use our tech in their products. Well really. That is SPECULATION so why would you think that they would be confirming that they use our tech in their products? What you need to focus on is the 41 companies or organisations that Brainchip have confirmed they are working with (see @FactFinder list). Why would you be concerned with speculation?

I do not understand you Cardpro. You have stated that you are “committed to hold forever”. If you have so many (unfounded) doubts. Why would you not just sell out and move on?
Cheers, Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Well I got in for another 10k at 20.5. Larry is done for now..........I think

0d503412ab74b745499d3dd96d941fa5.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The VVDn Edge Box is great news.

I wonder how it differs from the Raspberry Pi/PCIe?

I suppose it will include some BRN model libraries, and/or be able to download them.

It should also include some cybersecurity.

This is an example of available edge boxes:

EPC-R7000
NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Edge AI Inference System​

https://www.advantech.com/en/produc...7000/mod_8cc2f7ef-3a11-42b2-be86-cb176516b339
  • NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 Dual-Core NVIDIA Denver2 + Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
  • NVIDAI® Pascal™ 256 CUDA cores GPU
  • 8GB LPDDR4 and 32GB eMMC NAND Flash onboard
  • 1Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 PoE port (IEEE 802.3af)
  • TensorRT/cuDNN, VisionWorks/OpenCV AI framework support
  • 4K H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
  • -20 ~ 60 °C operating temperature/ 19V DC Power supply
EPC-R7000 is an ARM based Edge AI Inference Box Computer powered by NVIDIA® JETSON™ TX2Dual-Core NVIDIA Denver2 + Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 processor and NVIDAI Pascal™ 256 CUDA cores GPU which provides high performance computing, supports TensorRT, cuDNN, VisionWorks framework for AI application.

• Rockchip ARM Cortex A17 RK3288 Quad Core, up to 1.6GHz

It uses up to 12 Watts.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Because of two reasons,
1) We already know about this partnership with VVDN.
2) Not announced on ASX, so we are told by BRN, usually that means it is immaterial.

Regarding, the edge box, it is great that it is available for pre-sale, but I will keep an eye on the actual revenue figures to see how many are being sold.
VVDN has operating revenue of 500 crore INR ( approx 100 million AUD) I need to see the size of the piece of pie this edge box can get.

You've changed man
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22 users

Iseki

Regular
Wow, 75% up on our record low (if that was 3 cents). Outstanding!

REALLY Cardpro ... who cares. What is important is our future. And that is assured. It just requires a little patience ... and not sensationalised negativity.

The share price will go up, and the share price will go down. That is a certainty. But do you have faith in the company and everything they claim ... or do you think that they and all the other companies are just making it up. I know what I believe.
Cheers, Deena
Our belief is not enough. We need the belief of a client. Enough to sign a DEAL.

Reactions: 10 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Hey mate can you list a few of your reasons why you have kept topping lately.
Just to add a bit of positivity to the forum🙏
1. Nothing has changed fundamentally.
2. I believe it is just funds exiting after our ASX200 departure.
3. Nothing has changed fundamentally

Happy as Larry (haven't changed)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom