BRN Discussion Ongoing

Vladsblood

Regular
Hold tight, I believe that things will.....

I will tell you what I believe. As a SH we have the right to start questioning the company and everything they do. It listed to get funds to support their possible venture into the ASX and to change the world. Well good on them for trying.

Not sure who have seen Elon Musk's documentary but he was so close to financial ruin it's not funny. The roadster was pre ordered and was having problems and delays. At the meeting for pre orders people found out they had to pay 20% (?) extra for their cars, there was all hell to pay. His darkest days, but he stood up and flourished.

Brainchip management and some posters here can blame Covid and Ukraine as much as they like. I run a business for International students. Covid killed the business down 97% for 2 years. We are back to 2014-6 levels and doing well. We had to work hard to turn the market around, and we are seeing amazing results for our efforts.

I suppose what I'm saying is I no longer want to here reasons why not, I want to see results. I'm on the edge of a cliff ready to jump ship, turning from a believer into a slight sceptic. We'll see how the company responds to this attack on the SP. Sorry but they SP will do what the SP does, is not looking after SH. That attitude is, I'll get paid no matter what, and I'll get my bonuses, so SP doesn't matter. Well I'll tell you now, it matters to me.

(The difference between being in the green and Red i suppose, I'm sure many are worse off than me, a lot worse).
Seconded from me too! Vlad.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

skutza

Regular
Once upon a time a little boy was born, one a little smarter than the average. Over time this little boy grew up to be a very clever man who worked for some very high tech companies and even delved in inventing new technology. Let’s call this person PVM. Well PVM moved to the land down under and flew under the radar whilst he developed a new invention. He then started a new company on the ASX and being the founder was blessed with a motsa (shit load for our German friends) of shares in the new company. He then got a team around him while he progressed his invention. In the early part of growth out of the few staff one of the key roles recruited was a patent lawyer followed by a second which at one stage represented about 4% of the available staff. Now did the remaining staff all work out, no but when does that happen in real life.
Now as the invention gained the attention of those tech nerds around the world. Yip has that resulted in huge sales no. Are those tech nerds saying anything negative or producing evidence that it doesn’t work- no. Is there lots of buzz around the broader tech concept- yes.

So why tell this story. Well for a govt worker with a high percentage of their life savings invested in a singular share portfolio should I be worried- yes. Am I - no. Why- my job is to observe and analyse everything from body language to oral and written documents. Whilst I may not possess the photographic memory of a more prestigious poster of the past, I tend to focus of the bits that don’t gel.

Now if I was the inventor of something I didn’t believe in or I knew was a bit dodgy I would be over time dropping my substantial holdings to take advantage of what based on my inside knowledge is my good fortune of a high share price and some obviously inexperience company who dropped the company name which saw the SP rise to $2.34.

Secondly if I missed that opportunity to reduce my holdings on that jump, I would be singing the techs praises from the highest mountain with the largest loud hailer possible.

So PVM has sold some shares. Yip true but let’s see why. That’s right he donated some shares to a cause he had personal affinity with and gained nothing from the transfer.

Is PVM panicking and doing everything to raise the SP . No he has continued in the same calm manner since the companies inception. Does this help the share price- no but have the company mislead us or the market or did they call out lumpy sales and the inability to inform the market. Does this calm methodical manner offer me comfort- yes. Does it help my bank balance- no- well not in short term but if it is aligned with a long term well informed and achievable strategic plan then SP growth is not only inevitable it should be sustained.

So whilst I would like a lot more information, messaging and evidence of sales, I would also like world peace, food in every child’s bellies and a roof over every head.

I am comfortable with holding and whilst I have only recently returned to being in the red I spent many more years in the red in the early days and back then I was actually more nervous than today even though my holdings today are substantially more.
While this is a lovely story, I think it was told in 2018, 2019,2020,2021,2022 and now by you in 2023. Who has the ticket to reword this in 2024 if no sales happen?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ndefries

Regular

BrainChip Engages VVDN to Deliver Industry’s First Commercial Edge Box Based on Neuromorphic Technology​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – September 20, 2023BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has partnered with VVDN Technologies, a premier electronics engineering and manufacturing company, to deliver the industry’s first Edge box based on neuromorphic technology.

VVDN Technologies is an industry-leading device manufacture and solutions provider that has extensive experience in developing and deploying vision-based solutions for various domains, such as automotive, industrial, security surveillance, enterprise, medical and others. VVDN will complement BrainChip’s AI capability with their domain expertise in hardware design, firmware development, cloud integration and manufacturing for the Edge box product.

“We are excited to bring the benefits of neuromorphic computing to the Edge AI market with VVDN as our lead partner,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute.”

The Edge box is a compact and powerful device that can run various AI applications at the Edge of the network, such as video analytics, face recognition, object detection and more. The Edge box leverages BrainChip’s Akida ;trade processors, which are designed to mimic the structure and function of the human brain. Akida processors offer high performance, low power consumption and scalability for Edge AI solutions.

“Edge boxes are a rapidly growing segment in AI and are currently based on platforms from major players,” said Bram Geenen Co-founder of Wevolver, providers of one of the most subscribed Edge AI analyst reports. “The cost-effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic processor, coupled with VVDN’s solutions expertise should deliver a boost to the proliferation of customizable and secure AI applications at the Edge.”

“Edge AI is currently dominated by Nvidia and Qualcomm. But these systems are not ideal for the Edge from a power, size, and cost perspective,” said Marc Staimer, President Dragon Slayer Consulting. “Edge AI systems specifically architected to meet the performance, power, cooling, portability, and cost requirements are necessary to drive market growth.”

The Edge box will be available for presale from BrainChip and VVDN later this year.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida ;trade , uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

skutza

Regular
Good luck people, I'm out, Sorry for dropping the price further. I'd rather buy back at a premium when they start ann on the ASX and not linked in or paid ads.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Market has received the news of edge box partnership with both hands 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

skutza

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Dhm

Regular
It seems to me that VVDN has a stake in each camp with Edge Boxes. Isn't Jetson a tad expensive? Or are they targeting different markets.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 9.27.40 am.png

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 9.26.50 am.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 9.27.40 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 9.27.40 am.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Cgc516

Regular
The big buys can tell what is happening behind.
Still tune chippers!

Attachments

• 0AAF0D18-67ED-49B4-B962-5389D4094753.png
    0AAF0D18-67ED-49B4-B962-5389D4094753.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: 3 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Maybe just now it’s immaterial but VVDN are producing a product with Akida inside by the end of this year - so there will have to be a price sensitive announcement around an associated IP deal between now and then. Our first product wow 🤩
No IP deal required if they attain IP from the likes of Renesas so watch for the lumpy-ness.

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Good luck people, I'm out, Sorry for dropping the price further. I'd rather buy back at a premium when they start ann on the ASX and not linked in or paid ads.
Sorry to hear that skutza.... Hope all works out for you .. Hope to see you back!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
TpMIF0uBMMcRp8KObsLWN8j9bR_1Cp92GuRPEZZlUj8CnzyVJgtyAMJsfKmADSOm4qYxmohF4j7twI5bPUh_XlWkzOu4wUz5o36aDThcJNlahETMudOtE0VZ-aJd30k2PHnbeEGdfBHIRqpjN5KIb2LCcSj34Q=s0-d-e1-ft

BrainChip Engages VVDN to Deliver Industry’s First Commercial Edge Box Based on Neuromorphic Technology​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – September 20, 2023BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has partnered with VVDN Technologies, a premier electronics engineering and manufacturing company, to deliver the industry’s first Edge box based on neuromorphic technology.
VVDN Technologies is an industry-leading device manufacture and solutions provider that has extensive experience in developing and deploying vision-based solutions for various domains, such as automotive, industrial, security surveillance, enterprise, medical and others. VVDN will complement BrainChip’s AI capability with their domain expertise in hardware design, firmware development, cloud integration and manufacturing for the Edge box product.
“We are excited to bring the benefits of neuromorphic computing to the Edge AI market with VVDN as our lead partner,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute.”
The Edge box is a compact and powerful device that can run various AI applications at the Edge of the network, such as video analytics, face recognition, object detection and more. The Edge box leverages BrainChip’s Akida ;trade processors, which are designed to mimic the structure and function of the human brain. Akida processors offer high performance, low power consumption and scalability for Edge AI solutions.
“Edge boxes are a rapidly growing segment in AI and are currently based on platforms from major players,” said Bram Geenen Co-founder of Wevolver, providers of one of the most subscribed Edge AI analyst reports. “The cost-effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic processor, coupled with VVDN’s solutions expertise should deliver a boost to the proliferation of customizable and secure AI applications at the Edge.”
“Edge AI is currently dominated by Nvidia and Qualcomm. But these systems are not ideal for the Edge from a power, size, and cost perspective,” said Marc Staimer, President Dragon Slayer Consulting. “Edge AI systems specifically architected to meet the performance, power, cooling, portability, and cost requirements are necessary to drive market growth.”
The Edge box will be available for presale from BrainChip and VVDN later this year.
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida ;trade , uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.
Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

###

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424
Investor Contact:
Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
Brain chip
tdawe@brainchip.com

The post BrainChip Engages VVDN to Deliver Industry’s First Commercial Edge Box Based on Neuromorphic Technologyappeared first on BrainChip.
Read On BrainChip.com
Website
Twitter
YouTube
LinkedIn
Copyright © 2023 BrainChip, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
k2xpCoCgv8cPmTlFHm0AcNmO2s2_TvMitvVi6rhFdUjsBYzvxMNeZkA4Krl2_xKUHuWKyD34uD1m4BulItQ19DrmMYtTnNa2HoIpuWsAvX8dwO7YoFGzVBDIuTnalaiv41NeT05pA3aQvuD3T3KSnWzMc2gUySqA0PHxXolSIA=s0-d-e1-ft

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
No IP deal required if they attain IP from the likes of Renesas so watch for the lumpy-ness.

Given the size/specs of other Edge Box models they have, my guess is boards/chips sold to VVDN. **Edit: meant chips not kits
No IP taken at this stage by the sounds of it.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS​

FeaturesDescription
Module
  • Xavier NX (8GB / 16GB production version)
AI Performance
  • 21 TOPS
GPU
  • NVIDIA Volta architecture with 384 NVIDIA CUDA® cores and 48 Tensor cores
CPU
  • 6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARM®v8.2 64-bit CPU 6 MB L2 + 4 MB L3
DL Accelerator
  • 2x NVDLA Engines
Vision Accelerator
  • 7-Way VLIW Vision Processor
Camera
  • 2x2 Lane MIPI CSI-2 DPHY
  • 1x4 Lane MIPI CSI-2 DPHY
USB
  • 4x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0 Micro-B
Network Connectivity
  • 1x M.2 Key E for WIFI/BT (WIFI/BT Module included)
  • 1x Gigabit Ethernet
Storage
  • 16 GB eMMC 5.1
  • 1x M.2 Key M for NVMe
  • NVMe500 GB SSD
  • Micro SD (optional)
Video Encode
  • 2x 4K @ 30 | 6x 1080p @ 60 | 14x 1080p @ 30 (H.265/H.264)
Video Decode
  • 2x 4K @ 60 | 4x 4K @ 30 | 12x 1080p @ 60 | 32x 1080p @ 30 (H.265) 2x 4K @ 30 | 6x 1080p @ 60 | 16x 1080p @ 30 (H.264)
Display
  • 1x HDMI 2.0
  • 1x Display port
Power Supply
  • 12V/5A
Enclosure
  • Sheet Metal Case
Mechanical
  • 136mm X 97mm X 52mm
Other Interfaces
  • I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, CAN

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

ndefries

Regular

This is the competition. Good to see a product coming out soon to compete with this.

still curious how qualcomm have on-device processing

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
May not need any IP deal at all if we actually are supplying that gratis or gratis initially with maybe a milestone trigger that when "X" units sold then VVDN agree to purchase a licence from us or Renesas or whoever to continue the product if uptake is solid.

The other side to look at is that the tapeout Renesas did earlier this year was for a 3rd party and maybe, just maybe, it was for VVDN as as such you could be right re the revenue / royalties would flow through them to us.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Fenris78

Regular
Because of two reasons,
1) We already know about this partnership with VVDN.
2) Not announced on ASX, so we are told by BRN, usually that means it is immaterial.

Regarding, the edge box, it is great that it is available for pre-sale, but I will keep an eye on the actual revenue figures to see how many are being sold.
VVDN has operating revenue of 500 crore INR ( approx 100 million AUD) I need to see the size of the piece of pie this edge box can get.

I agree with the things your saying. BRN should be marketing the hell out of this news via the ASX. However, it's more validation that the tech is real/I'm not a BRN cultist... and VVDN will help sow the Akida seeds and spread more tentacles out throughout various industries. More exposure, more validation which gives me some peace of mind after the recent battering. I also LOVE the confidence taking a swipe at competitiors (i.e Nvidia and Qualcomm) on a cost base.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Good luck to you too Skutza.
Never an easy or lightly taken decision I'm sure.
And a call we have all had to make at some time in our investing career.
In the light of known knowns and in the hope of unknown knowns 🤣 and this ridiculous undervaluation of the share price I am still working sums and financial alchemy to see what other potential gems I can juggle or part with entire, in order too boost my holding further.
They say "don't fall in love with a stock"..................too late I cry. 🤣
When we eventually rise from these depths and breathe again the fresh green air, we happy few will drink a toast to those we lost along the way.
Bring It, BrainChip! 🤣
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Fenris78

Regular
Well just maybe VVDN thinks the Brainchip box is better.

And who better to compare boxes and spread the word than a box expert, like vVDn
Better and cheaper!

• Love
  • Wow

Shadow59

Regular
It will be interesting to see the make up of the box. Which version of Akida would it be set up with?

Reactions: 8 users

Fenris78

Regular

This is the competition. Good to see a product coming out soon to compete with this.

still curious how qualcomm have on-device processing
Wow. I hadn't even heard of an "Edge box" until this morning. It always has me curious as well when Qualcomm sprukes on device processing. Especially for the next gen Snapdragon. Maybe they have found a way to do it... but is it as good, or as cost effective? Time will tell.

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom