BRN Discussion Ongoing

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I have a question for everyone?
We holders ( including me ) believe that technology is real and we may be there with every technology company.
But the ground realities are we are one of the most shorted share on asx. And there is no interest from companies like Mercedes, renasas, Ford, megachips, tatas, SoftBank etc. to try to get a strategic position in our company even when prices are dirt cheap( as per us)
We are still selling our shares through LDA and they are the only financial partners to us.
So to me there are reasons to ask
1. Why company is not trying to convince some big players to make some strategic investment in company
2. Why Antonio is telling we share holders that akida 1000 was not robust enough.
Does it mean that technology is still not mature and we have to wait before expecting a quick turn around.
Dyor
Screenshot_20230913-221427_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Damo4

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users
Hi,

First time poster.

Spotted an interesting patent issued last month, from a Japanese chip design company https://maviss-design.com (webpage we need the translate function).

1694659607619.png

1694659314981.png

1694659372763.png

Claim they are IP License partners with Renesas.
1694659528665.png

1694659635225.png

Connecting the dots that may not exist and this might not become a significant source of revenue anytime soon. However, it's intriguing that they may have acquired the IP in November 2021 (at earliest) and have a product close to on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

rgupta

Regular
1. CEO and co-founders do not want strategic investments that would align BRN with just a few players.
2. Akida 1500 is robust but it is too expensive for a doorbell maker, for instance, to go off and manufacturer these chips. Manufacturers think it better to wait until someone (else) comes up with a chip that can do what the Akida1500 can do, that they can try out.

Questions for you, rg,
1. Would you be happy for BRN to raise another $5Mill to produce the Akida1500 at quantity and hand them out like they did with Akida1000.
2. Same question but with Akida2000.
Before giving answer to your question let me say founder and CEO also have responsibility about saving share holders wealth. And second part I believe it is very difficult for small players to look through those opaque walls.
So to me either management provide us with definitive road map, or try to induce market interest by getting a strategic partner. But the way things are going only, looks like management is helpless and do not want to take risks to safeguard holders. Just saying sp will bounce automatically or product was not robust enough is not a right solution. I am holding coz I feel may be management will prove me wrong otherwise it could be a difficult situation for someone like me with limited resources.
Now on to your question, no I donot want management to raise money for akida 1500 until they have some pre orders.
Dyor

Reactions: 8 users

HarryCool1

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
Before giving answer to your question let me say founder and CEO also have responsibility about saving share holders wealth. And second part I believe it is very difficult for small players to look through those opaque walls.
So to me either management provide us with definitive road map, or try to induce market interest by getting a strategic partner. But the way things are going only, looks like management is helpless and do not want to take risks to safeguard holders. Just saying sp will bounce automatically or product was not robust enough is not a right solution. I am holding coz I feel may be management will prove me wrong otherwise it could be a difficult situation for someone like me with limited resources.
Now on to your question, no I donot want management to raise money for akida 1500 until they have some pre orders.
Dyor
I agree with you, however BRN is not unique. SiFive recently rejected an investment from Intel, but Syntiant did let Intel and Renesas buy in.
I personally would love it if MegaChips bought 5% of BRN, if it gets us moving.
Re Akida 1500 - I don't think management are even looking for pre-orders. They're just saying: Here is how you could design a chip with akida ip and get it built, once you have licensed the IP. So the question is really: is IP licensing the way to go when you're just a start-up?

Reactions: 3 users

Nothing to see here. They invite anyone to these summits. (Pessimist)
They're all using AKIDA. (Optimist)
How great it is to be recognised with these types of worldwide names. (Realist)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

rgupta

Regular
I agree with you, however BRN is not unique. SiFive recently rejected an investment from Intel, but Syntiant did let Intel and Renesas buy in.
I personally would love it if MegaChips bought 5% of BRN, if it gets us moving.
Re Akida 1500 - I don't think management are even looking for pre-orders. They're just saying: Here is how you could design a chip with akida ip and get it built, once you have licensed the IP. So the question is really: is IP licensing the way to go when you're just a start-up?
Atleast sifive got an offer to reject but we are not getting an offer either. I am a holder for around 4 years now. And I bought almost on every price even at $2.2
And 8 cents. I never thought even in my dreams the sp could go upto 2.35 that quick but again back at 27 cents is out of question. To me 50 cents should had been the bottom maximum. And I was greatful to shorters that they provided an opportunity to recover.
But the last interview of Antonio was quite devastating and it only proves that shorter are right and holders are idiots. Akida 1000 was not robust enough????
I am not saying it was not not but to admit it in quarterly investor update is shameful. They only come out with that when they get strike and they start feeling they are in trouble now.
So that is why whenever someone come to pump the share I always ask them to be careful and look what the company is saying.
Yes I love to be wrong here but reality is it will take some time to bounce from here ( if we could)
Dyor

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Damo4

Regular
Atleast sifive got an offer to reject but we are not getting an offer either. I am a holder for around 4 years now. And I bought almost on every price even at $2.2
Now 8 cents. I never thought even in my dreams the sp could go upto 2.35 that quick but again back at 27 cents is out of question. To me 50 cents should had been the bottom maximum. And I was greatful to shorters that they provided an opportunity to recover.
But the last interview of Antonio was quite devastating and it only proves that shorter are right and holders are idiots. Akida 1000 was not robust enough????
I am not saying it was not not but to admit it in quarterly investor update is shameful. They only come out with that when they get strike and they start feeling they are in trouble now.
So that is why whenever someone come to pump the share I always ask them to be careful and look what the company is saying.
Yes I love to be wrong here but reality is it will take some time to bounce from here ( if we could)
Dyor
Please No More GIFs | Tenor

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230914_150811_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230914_150827_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

TopCat

Regular
I haven’t got a subscription to read the article, but I like the headline.

Arm's chip architecture is anticipated to maintain its lead in the automotive IC market over the next 10 years, industry sources believe.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Cartagena

Regular
I have to mention it and not every post is all peaches and cream. i'm sure many agree that today's SP action is crazy and manipulated, I have noticed back and forth buying and selling of 28.5 and this isn't really fair these entities get away with it 🤬

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230914_153533_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Haven't listened yet, but based on the statement below.........should be good!

Screenshot_20230914_153729_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

manny100

Regular
Hi All
There has been some doubt cast over the question of whether Ford is still engaged with Brainchip. There has also been doubt cast over whether a company that makes an announcement via the ASX which is classified as price sensitive requires a further ASX price sensitive announcement if there is a material change to the circumstances set out in the original announcement.

Dealing with the second of these two points I would simply say go and take independent legal advice if you cannot read the legislation yourself and understand what it requires of a company. This proposition is so trite and normally so well understood that perhaps even a Google search will give you the answer. Perhaps you could even ask the ASX if this is the law they may respond to you.

For newer holders in 2020 Brainchip in ASX price sensitive announcement announced an EAP engagement with a major automotive manufacturer. This announcement did not include the automotive manufacturers name.

Shortly after this announcement the ASX sent a please explain letter to Brainchip requiring additional details of the agreement and the name of the automotive manufacturer. Brainchip made another announcement on the ASX wherein it answered this letter and disclosed that the major automotive manufacturer was FORD.

Since that time Brainchip has not spoken further about FORD.

Does the failure to speak about FORD again mean that FORD walked away immediately after the second announcement by Brainchip? Well if you want to go back and read all the posts here and at HC you will find that another poster claimed some long time ago that he communicated with Tony Dawe and Tony Dawe stated to him that if the previously published relationship with FORD changed then Brainchip would be required to make an announcement. I have not gone searching for this communication but the poster if they still read these threads might step forward.

However what I will do is bring forward my earlier post and point you to the first named company on the list confirmed by Tony Dawe only a few months ago. Now if you believe Brainchip is a complete fraud and lies constantly this will not assist you but if you are a real share holder and hold this view you are well advised to make a copy of the following to put in your evidence folder for when the fraud you believe Brainchip to be is made known you can use it as part of your class action case against the company and its Directors and employees.

One thing it is true that Fact Finder made a prediction of $2.75 at the beginning of a year before the war in Ukraine broke out and Covid 19 sent the World to hell in a handbasket. It is also true that Fact Finder after making this prediction when others were saying $10 and $20 over the same time frame was criticised for being so conservative in only predicting $2.75. It is also true that after the extent of what the Ukraine Russia war and Covid 19 meant for the World Fact Finder was offered a chance to change his prediction at a time when a competition to see who could predict the year end price was in full swing and Fact Finder declined noting that since the prediction the war and Covid 19 had changed things considerably. I note that Fact Finder has been attacked on HC by such luminaries as the Dope, Sharemonger and Doltie over his prediction. So be it.

If you are so trusting as to read one 12 month out prediction and then see the World being pushed to the brink of war and a pandemic occurring and boarders closed and international flights halted and not have the presence of mind to seek further advice and do your own research then I apologise if my prediction has caused you pain.

I would say this however to take Fact Finder's prediction as gospel you must have read all of his other posts and if you did and built up such a deep respect for his opinion you would also have read that he said time and time again do not believe anything he or anyone else said on an anonymous forum until you have done your own research. Do not accept his or anyone else's interpretation of what has been written or spoken until you have read or listened yourself as you may not agree. In the face of all that if I were Fact Finder I would not actually apologise if you based your investment decision on this prediction.

Now to assist the poster who wondered why Sean Hehir did not mention India despite the huge importance of Brainchip's engagement with TATA a company which Fact Finder has been calling as a partner since the day after 14 December, 2019. The reason is that Sean Hehir was talking about his achievements in expanding Brainchip outside of the USA. The Brainchip software design centre in India was the work of the former CEO Mr. Dinardo as was the initial engagement with TATA Consulting Services the research arm of TATA Group.

The recent announcement of the product relationship with TATA Elxsi has grown out of this initial engagement. While Fact Finder does not need to point it out the TATA relationship has been brewing since 2019 and the TATA Consulting Services research into the technology has proven out AKIDA in multiple peer reviewed papers and led to TATA Elxsi joining with Brainchip to deliver product to market and to a representative of TATA Elxsi of some seniority calling out Nvidia Jetson on social media as being an over priced non competitor to Brainchip's AKIDA technology.

Dot joining is all well and good but in Fact Finder's opinion there are so many known facts to occupy ones attention dots are not really necessary anymore.

I will now leave it here. As I say point 1. might help some:

"I have over many weeks been engaged in the process of putting together a list of Brainchip engagements based upon my own criteria that the company concerned has:
  • been announced on the ASX by Brainchip, and/or
  • been announced by use of a Press Release from Brainchip, and/or
  • been acknowledged by an employee or Board member of Brainchip orally in a presentation that forms some type of permanent public record and/or
  • been acknowledged by the company concerned in again some type of permanent public record and this has been adopted by Brainchip in a written communication or other permanent public record, and/or
  • been formerly included on the Brainchip website
Why did I adopt this approach? For one very simple reason. I did not want a situation where my list contained a company which might be the subject of absolute secrecy. To maintain this secrecy Brainchip’s likely response would have been to ignore my request completely.

So reproduced below is my request and the two replies I received from Mr. Tony Dawe Director Global Investor Relations at Brainchip.

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

The following is a list of entities which Brainchip has by various means communicated they have had some form of engagement.

As we are about to enter the new financial year with a recession being predicted, an extremely low share price and claims in the media that Brainchip has lost out to Nvidia in the race to the Edge would you please confirm if any of these relationships should no longer be considered as a focus of interest for shareholders:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

5. TATA Consulting Services

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

19. BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

23. INFORMATION SYSTEM LABORATORIES

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

35. University of Oklahoma

36. Arizona State University

37. Carnegie Mellon University

38. Rochester Institute of Technology

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

Thank you for your email.

I have referred your email to my colleagues in the US to ensure when I responded to you I did so with accurate information.

I have not yet received a reply from Ken Scarince as he was away on his annual vacation last week.

When I have his reply, I will respond directly to your email.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743

The final response received
(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

To the best of my knowledge, BrainChip continues to have relationships with all the companies mentioned on your list.

As I have previously stated, BrainChip does not comment on the nature of these relationships nor do we provide status reports.

Regards

Tony Dawe Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743”

As my request predated the reveal of IniVation as a partner by Nadan Nayampally Chief Marketing Officer and the latest press release regarding GMAC Intelligence it already is out of date such is the speed of progress being made by Brainchip. I do however believe that the very recent nature of the announcements should not require any further confirmation and I would therefore confidently add:

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

The bottom line for any genuine shareholder in Brainchip is that speculation as to which companies Brainchip is engaged with should not include these 41. named entities as they are
We know the Edge is approaching. We (BRN) have no control over when demand comes in and how fast it will grow.
BRN can and is preparing to be in the best possible position to make the most of it when it arrives - that is what BRN can control.
I am completely comfortable with my investment in this stock and continue to accumulate - sold a few on the bump ups though.
Sean said recently the Patents are cornerstone of BRN value. How true.
When the Edge arrives to the mainstream and grows the BRN patent portfolio alone will be worth big $$$$.
Even if one of the 'big firms' come up with their own version of AKIDA another laggard 'big firm' will buy us out for our patents at a huge premium to play catch up.
Of course we would much prefer in 10 years to see as Sean said 2 or 3 main players with BRN one of them as an Industry leader.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Don't hurt me, but I reckon Ritik might just be looking forward to buying some new Airpods lol

Dont Hurt Me GIFs | Tenor
supernatural-sam.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom