BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fenris78

Regular
Morning all, could it be that we are in the new apple phones and this is the start of the explosion of sales and to watch the financials? or is my dream of a lemons not apples?
I'm wondering how the accounting works with IP/partnership sales? Can cashflow hit the quarterly reports and surprise us... or will all sales need to be invoiced as revenue, before we see receipts in the quarterlies. Only asking as there is so much news that could be Akida... but there wasn't much revenue forecast in the previous 4C.

Reactions: 3 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Morning all, could it be that we are in the new apple phones and this is the start of the explosion of sales and to watch the financials? or is my dream of a lemons not apples?

From what I understand Apples likes to keep their ecosystem watertight, they are not ones to post cryptic messages on Linkedin of elsewhere, If they are using Akida especially if it is ground breaking IP that gives them the edge! I assume there is not going to be any annoucements...the only way is to "watch the financials" and maybe assume from there:

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

toasty

Regular
I'm wondering how the accounting works with IP/partnership sales? Can cashflow hit the quarterly reports and surprise us... or will all sales need to be invoiced as revenue, before we see receipts in the quarterlies. Only asking as there is so much news that could be Akida... but there wasn't much revenue forecast in the previous 4C.
Normally, revenue is recognised when its earned, i.e. when a valid invoice to a customer is generated and will appear in the half yearly and annual reports. When sales appear as cash (i.e. in the 4C) is another thing altogether and is determined mainly by the conditions of sale negotiated with the client.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Satchmo25

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Wags

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Fenris78

Regular
Normally, revenue is recognised when its earned, i.e. when a valid invoice to a customer is generated and will appear in the half yearly and annual reports. When sales appear as cash (i.e. in the 4C) is another thing altogether and is determined mainly by the conditions of sale negotiated with the client.
Thanks. So there's hope yet hey, that some of that lumpy cash flow may appear? Will have to "watch the financials."

Shadow59

Regular
  • Fire

davidfitz

Regular
Nice to see the buy side building up, not getting too excited yet but I will take what I can at this point.

Reactions: 13 users

rgupta

Regular
I have a question for everyone?
We holders ( including me ) believe that technology is real and we may be there with every technology company.
But the ground realities are we are one of the most shorted share on asx. And there is no interest from companies like Mercedes, renasas, Ford, megachips, tatas, SoftBank etc. to try to get a strategic position in our company even when prices are dirt cheap( as per us)
We are still selling our shares through LDA and they are the only financial partners to us.
So to me there are reasons to ask
1. Why company is not trying to convince some big players to make some strategic investment in company
2. Why Antonio is telling we share holders that akida 1000 was not robust enough.
Does it mean that technology is still not mature and we have to wait before expecting a quick turn around.
Dyor

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
We holders ( including me ) believe that technology is real and we may be there with every technology company.
But the ground realities are we are one of the most shorted share on asx. And there is no interest from companies like Mercedes, renasas, Ford, megachips, tatas, SoftBank etc. to try to get a strategic position in our company even when prices are dirt cheap( as per us)
We are still selling our shares through LDA and they are the only financial partners to us.
1. Why company is not trying to convince some big players to make some strategic investment in company
2. Why Antonio is telling we share holders that akida 1000 was not robust enough.
Does it mean that technology is still not mature and we have to wait before expecting a quick turn around.
Dyor

Nearly got me brother!

Thats Bait GIF - Thats Bait - Discover & Share GIFs

You Naughty GIF - You Naughty - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Iseki

Regular
Dyor
1. CEO and co-founders do not want strategic investments that would align BRN with just a few players.
2. Akida 1500 is robust but it is too expensive for a doorbell maker, for instance, to go off and manufacturer these chips. Manufacturers think it better to wait until someone (else) comes up with a chip that can do what the Akida1500 can do, that they can try out.

Questions for you, rg,
1. Would you be happy for BRN to raise another $5Mill to produce the Akida1500 at quantity and hand them out like they did with Akida1000.
2. Same question but with Akida2000.

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Then I find this...
Renesas, Cadence and Brainchip. ⚡🤞

I am not sure what LLM tool for up front chip design means. Any more tech savvy holders here have any knowledge of this tech?

View organization page for Cadence Design Systems
Cadence Design Systems
319,134 followers
1d

We're excited to share that we're working with Renesas Electronics to build the world's first LLM tool for up-front chip design, and Forbes has the scoop! Learn how we're creating AI tools to address the most challenging parts of chip design. #AI with Cadence ➡️ https://bit.ly/3EATqKg
Cadence Design Is Working With Renesas To Build The World’s First LLM Tool For Up-Front Chip Design

Cadence Design Is Working With Renesas To Build The World’s First LLM Tool For Up-Front Chip Design

forbes.com

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/updat...organization_guest_main-feed-card_comment-cta

Hi Cartegena,

Just happened to be passing by the Cadence patents in Espacenet, and came across this:

US10558774B1 Electronic library and design generation using image and text processing

1694654893010.png

The present embodiments are generally directed to electronic circuit design and verification and more particularly to techniques for generating electronic design element symbols for electronic circuit design tool libraries and designs in any desired format. In embodiments, such electronic design element symbols can be generated from a datasheet or any other image using image processing, graphical shape and text recognition techniques. Embodiments use step by step processing to extract feature vectors from a symbol/design image, apply text and graphical shapes recognition using models, apply techniques for data association and write the final output for targeted systems. These and other embodiments can feed back the output data for further refinement of the recognition models.

[0002] Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools are computer and software systems that are used to design and verify electronic circuits such as integrated circuits, application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and printed circuit boards (PCBs). Many EDA tools have software libraries from which components can be selected for inclusion in the design, which design can then be saved in one or more computer files. Such EDA tools from different vendors or even the same vendor can have different file formats for their libraries and designs, which formats are often not generically interchangeable. Accordingly, problems can arise during the process for designing an electronic circuit when a component is needed to be accessed either from a library or a design, but the particular EDA tool does not have the component available in the EDA tool's own format or cannot recognize the format in which the component exists in the library or design. A solution to these and other problems is therefore desirable.

In this case, I think LLM means Large Library Model, although the term is used for Large Language Model in ChatGPT.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Axelera use analog:

WO2023117081A1 IN-MEMORY PROCESSING BASED ON MULTIPLE WEIGHT SETS 20211222

1694656593711.png

The invention is notably directed to a method of in-memory processing, the aim of which is to perform matrix-vector calculations. The method relies on a device having a crossbar array structure (15). The latter includes N input lines (152) and M output lines (153), which are interconnected at cross-points defining N × M cells (155), where N ≥ 2 and M ≥ 2. The cells include respective memory systems, each designed to store K weights W i,j,k , where K ≥ 2. Thus, the crossbar array structure includes N × M memory systems, which are capable of storing K sets of N × M weights. In order to perform multiply-accumulate (MAC) operations, the method first enables N × M active weights for the N × M cells by selecting, for each of the memory systems, a weight from its K weights and setting the selected weight as an active weight. Next, signals encoding a vector of N components are applied to the N input lines of the crossbar array structure. This causes the latter to perform MAC operations based on the vector and the N × M active weights. Eventually, output signals obtained in output of the M output lines are read out to obtain corresponding values. This allows distinct sets of weights to be locally enabled at the crossbar array, which makes it possible to locally perform rotations of the weights and accordingly reduce the frequency of data exchanges with a memory unit. This, in turn, reduces idle times of the crossbar array structure. Thus, the proposed approach makes it possible to substantially reduce the frequency of data transfers, which results in speeding up computations. Plus, the weights may possibly be prefetched, while performing MAC operations in accordance with the currently active weights. Of particular advantage is that the prefetching steps are at least partly hidden through pipelining. The invention is further directed to related devices, systems, and computer program products.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers ,

Feeling a little ........

8,900+ Mad Bull Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock |  Charging bull, Bull fighting

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Cartagena

Regular
This past post above from our 1000 eyes poster "HopalongPetroski" is just a timely reminder to all about the current share price trading fluctuations and manipulations of late and noting that BRN will be out of the ASX200 on this coming Monday 18th September 2023.

I hope that the Co announces the release of Akida 2.0 and any IP contracts etc etc soon after this date so as to rid us of shorters and ultimately to return higher financial gains and stability to our S/price.
Very well said. It's just games now but we know what will happen when there's a sudden push up. It can jump by 4 or 5 cents in one day.

I hope they do intraday trading halt, and announce a large contract with a partner or NDA customer with the Gen 2 Akida. Now that would be amazing. We would hit 40 or 50 easily and extinguish the rats.

I assume the shorts should be closed by tomorrow latest and shares returned to the institutions.

Last edited:

Foxdog

Regular
Very well said. It's just games now but we know what will happen when there's a sudden push up. It can jump by 4 or 5 cents in one day. I assume the shorts should be closed by tomorrow latest and shares returned to the institutions, am I correct?
I'd prefer 40 or 50 cents. Maybe one day

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Wags

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Haha
  • Fire