BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi Fmf,

Both these are analog/memristor. The theoretical advantages are swamped by practical deficiencies.
No disputing.

However, in the commercial and corporate world those with deep pockets, deep relationships, vested interests etc have still successfully achieved market penetration with products that do enough to fill a mkt.

Whilst holders and no doubt those in the tech world understand our advantages, the average consumer on the street doesn't generally need to know or care about the inner workings of their product they bought...just that it works well relevant to the cost and does what it says on the box.

Is kinda looking at Akida 1.0 as an example.

Cutting edge, is evolving as we are seeing, can be proven to be better, more efficient etc than the current tech however, the resident encumbents were "good enough" for the time being.

I get it that 1.0 essentially ended up more a POC, reference etc and we continue to build on that.

I like the old analogy....build a better mousetrap etc and I fully expect our time will come once a consumer, enterprise product breaks cover but was just highlighting the pack is hunting one way or another.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

CHIPS

Regular
Just imagine what S/P loss values that Peter and the other Top 20 s/holders would be experiencing ......?????

Some people here keep complaining that the top management has not made any insider purchases so far, but more importantly, they also did not make any insider sales (not that I know of at least), which is also important to see.

Reactions: 12 users

Draed

Regular
Haha I think TD is a Simpson's fan re: "and the domestication of dogs, continued unabated"....
Corresponded with TD in the last 48hrs regarding the departure of CS.
Not going to give any information here as their really wasn"t anything worthwhile sharing.

BUT ........... TDs parting email words were, ............... "The work of engaging with customers of the iminent release of Akida 2.0
will continue uninterupted"

Hang in there "Chippers".............. using the word iminent indicates we"re pretty damn close.

AKI-IMINENT BALLI-IMINENTSTA

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi @cosors, I just finished reading some of your mate's (Amit Mate) Linkedin posts . 😛

I gotta admitt, nothing helps to buoy my mood more than pondering over the reasons why QMAC would swap from using Qualcomm'a Edge AI platform to using BrainChip's cutting-edge neuromorphic Akida platform instead to power their QSRBot 247.

However, my euphoria has now given way to certain feelings of perplexity at why so many people from Qualcomm liked Amit's post about QMAC and BrainChip's partnership. I think it's very, very nice and noble of them of them considering we are kind of in competition with Qualcomm, aren't we?

View attachment 44501

View attachment 44493

View attachment 44494

These are all the Qualcomm employees that "like" the post on our partnership with QMAC.

View attachment 44495
View attachment 44496
View attachment 44497

View attachment 44498

View attachment 44499
View attachment 44500
Thank you Cosors and Bravo. This is quite extraordinary and the biggest indicator yet that Brainchip and Qualcomm are working together. If you haven’t read yet I recommend that you read it slowly, consider it carefully, and then draw your own conclusions.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

CHIPS

Regular
Very new.

Can't wait.

Learning 🪴

I love the idea of Agriculture. A huge market also.
1694589420122.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Cardpro

Regular
Yeah even South Korea, Lou said about 5 years ago, words to the effect “we’re getting a lot of interest from a company in South Korea - they have been testing Akida even more extensively than we have!”
Yet nothing came to a fruition...? :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
I watched the ASX Investor interview (from 3 months ago) last night for the first time. After the last AGM I had just let BRN simmer for a while as could see it was a put it in the draw for a while longer while we wait for v2.0 .....though I am accumulating cheaper shares here also.

From watching both recent interviews from Sean - here are my honest takeaways with my focus on revenue as that is what will sustain a healthy share price.

Larger revenues starting will not be in next 12 months but also wont be in 5 years. Large royalty revenue will be in between those timeframes. I assume once v2.0 Akida products are actually in products and selling - which he hints at 18 month to 2 year development cycle is typical.

My thoughts - If any other EAP's choose to break cover and announce the use of Akida in their product for release in the near future then of course we will have pops in the share price but they can come back down just like after MB news. If any of these news items from partners can be revenue quantifiable then the SP could have sustained rises - as the share market is always forward looking and forward pricing in. However it sounds like next 12 months will still be tough on the revenue as Sean is not giving a lot away on any v1.0 products being huge and sustaining. Maybe some licence sales but that won't be enough for a sustained SP.

I assume then the SP is going to move up and down in the next 1.5 years. From the 1.5 year point we may then start seeing bulk royalty revenue starting from products using v2.0 platform products.

It is interesting from the ASX Investor interview that Sean is adamant about pushing hard forward in sales but also development. It is great to keep that tech lead and is needed to stay very first mover - but Sales and Dev means continued bulk money to be spent in the next 1.5 years per quarter - I am keen to know his thoughts on how he is going to solve the funding over this period before bulk revenue potentially kicking in. I don't care too much for licences being sold as that is just a one of 1mil here and there, that is not going to sustain anything long term for the company. Quarter on Quarter sustained and balanced royalty revenue is needed to sustain a healthy share price, or at least sustained constant dollar attached deals announced.

Sean is obviously tactically still keeping his cards very close to his chest, a bit too much, but I get it, he does not want to over promise and be burnt on that. NDA's are still prominent in the landscape - bleeding edge tech does warrant the NDA's - annoying but true. We can't do much about it, I do like how the ASX Investor tried to extract the info out of him in many different ways around revenue and commerical players lol.

At this point you either believe in the Brainchip tech and partners involved to date and hope for the bulk revenue is there in 1.5 to 2 years. They may well get some starting IP revenue in the next 12 months but I assume it will be smallish - below 10mil for the year which really only sustains the current market cap. The bigger goals are 20mil+ for the year and growing that massively, that bulk is products from Akida v2.0 and beyond it seems. I was hoping on MB bulk royaly revenue starting in commerical vehicles this FY with their new models - but from Sean's language it does not seem to be the case - I could be wrong and Sean really under selling the revenue coming.

I am hoping on another larger player breaking cover again soonish though to say they are using Brainchips Akida platform v1 or v2 in a an actual commercial saleable product for the future. That would and can be valued somewhat by the financial analysts for the future revenue based on past products that company has sold. Lets see if it's possible.

The prospects for Brainchip are exciting - just a lot more patience required for the

Makeme 2020

Regular
I watched the ASX Investor interview (from 3 months ago) last night for the first time. After the last AGM I had just let BRN simmer for a while as could see it was a put it in the draw for a while longer while we wait for v2.0 .....though I am accumulating cheaper shares here also.

From watching both recent interviews from Sean - here are my honest takeaways with my focus on revenue as that is what will sustain a healthy share price.

Larger revenues starting will not be in next 12 months but also wont be in 5 years. Large royalty revenue will be in between those timeframes. I assume once v2.0 Akida products are actually in products and selling - which he hints at 18 month to 2 year development cycle is typical.

My thoughts - If any other EAP's choose to break cover and announce the use of Akida in their product for release in the near future then of course we will have pops in the share price but they can come back down just like after MB news. If any of these news items from partners can be revenue quantifiable then the SP could have sustained rises - as the share market is always forward looking and forward pricing in. However it sounds like next 12 months will still be tough on the revenue as Sean is not giving a lot away on any v1.0 products being huge and sustaining. Maybe some licence sales but that won't be enough for a sustained SP.

I assume then the SP is going to move up and down in the next 1.5 years. From the 1.5 year point we may then start seeing bulk royalty revenue starting from products using v2.0 platform products.

It is interesting from the ASX Investor interview that Sean is adamant about pushing hard forward in sales but also development. It is great to keep that tech lead and is needed to stay very first mover - but Sales and Dev means continued bulk money to be spent in the next 1.5 years per quarter - I am keen to know his thoughts on how he is going to solve the funding over this period before bulk revenue potentially kicking in. I don't care too much for licences being sold as that is just a one of 1mil here and there, that is not going to sustain anything long term for the company. Quarter on Quarter sustained and balanced royalty revenue is needed to sustain a healthy share price, or at least sustained constant dollar attached deals announced.

Sean is obviously tactically still keeping his cards very close to his chest, a bit too much, but I get it, he does not want to over promise and be burnt on that. NDA's are still prominent in the landscape - bleeding edge tech does warrant the NDA's - annoying but true. We can't do much about it, I do like how the ASX Investor tried to extract the info out of him in many different ways around revenue and commerical players lol.

At this point you either believe in the Brainchip tech and partners involved to date and hope for the bulk revenue is there in 1.5 to 2 years. They may well get some starting IP revenue in the next 12 months but I assume it will be smallish - below 10mil for the year which really only sustains the current market cap. The bigger goals are 20mil+ for the year and growing that massively, that bulk is products from Akida v2.0 and beyond it seems. I was hoping on MB bulk royaly revenue starting in commerical vehicles this FY with their new models - but from Sean's language it does not seem to be the case - I could be wrong and Sean really under selling the revenue coming.

I am hoping on another larger player breaking cover again soonish though to say they are using Brainchips Akida platform v1 or v2 in a an actual commercial saleable product for the future. That would and can be valued somewhat by the financial analysts for the future revenue based on past products that company has sold. Lets see if it's possible.

The prospects for Brainchip are exciting - just a lot more patience required for the big sustained revenue.
It's always another year, 2023 , now it's another 12 months or 24 months, can't wait for 2030

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Got to be AKIDA, right. This is one of the magic 41 'confirmed' associations. How could it possibly be anyone else, they're all more than three years behind....revenue in the next 4c will confirm, yes?
Now you're getting it

double-chin-fat.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi @cosors, I just finished reading some of your mate's (Amit Mate) Linkedin posts . 😛

I gotta admitt, nothing helps to buoy my mood more than pondering over the reasons why QMAC would swap from using Qualcomm'a Edge AI platform to using BrainChip's cutting-edge neuromorphic Akida platform instead to power their QSRBot 247.

However, my euphoria has now given way to certain feelings of perplexity at why so many people from Qualcomm liked Amit's post about QMAC and BrainChip's partnership. I think it's very, very nice and noble of them of them considering we are kind of in competition with Qualcomm, aren't we?

View attachment 44501

View attachment 44493

View attachment 44494

These are all the Qualcomm employees that "like" the post on our partnership with QMAC.

View attachment 44495
View attachment 44496
View attachment 44497

View attachment 44498

View attachment 44499
View attachment 44500
Even though Qualcomm weren't mentioned anywhere whatsoever in the most recent Brainchip presentation of competitors offerings.............. 😉

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

DK6161

Regular
Got to be AKIDA, right. This is one of the magic 41 'confirmed' associations. How could it possibly be anyone else, they're all more than three years behind....revenue in the next 4c will confirm, yes?
Yeah but there is no like from Rob. So not us

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Hi Fastback,

12 months+ for significant sustainable revenue?

I'm betting we see revenue in less than 12 months from one or more of the following:

A. Reneas had a processor taped out several months ago - even if they were to postpone for Akida 2, this will not be tested from the ground up, more as an upgrade.

B. Megachips is also moving towards production.

C. Merc 2024 model due out any day - with Akida in-cabin?

D. Valeo Scala 3 - with Akida?

E. Socionext synquacer?

Then there are these additional near term possibilities.

F. Lassen Peak hand-held radar (maybe with a chip from Megachips/Renesas) -

G. TATA/Elxsi- we've been working with TATA for a long time.

H. Prophesee

... and a few longer shots:

H. nViso

I. Edge Impulse

I think that a steady trickle of revenue from proven commercial applications will burst the SP floodgates.

And interspersed among the revenue will be big lumps of licence fees at an increasing rate.

And the icing on the cake is TeNNs.
Hi @Diogenese

I am very supportive of Brainchip.

I certainly hope there is big revenue coming in the next 12 months. I am sure there will be some, but constant/sustained QoQ and sizeable could be still a challenge. 5mil+ quarter on quarter is what is needed to get us moving back up in a decent way, and revenue seen to be growing.

I am only going by what by what Sean indicated in the interview and also looking at the past two quarter revenue intake. Also with new v2.0 Just being launched it is going take time for dev on these three newest products.

Momentum is definitely building there is no doubt and anything can happen in the end.

I am still hoping for some big news every week that is for sure!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Yeah but there is no like from Rob. So not us

What a great post

simple-jack-laughing-fqjoxusdtckj8rvd.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Diogenese

I am very supportive of Brainchip.

I certainly hope there is big revenue coming in the next 12 months. I am sure there will be some, but constant/sustained QoQ and sizeable could be still a challenge. 5mil+ quarter on quarter is what is need to get us moving back up in a decent way, and revenue seen to be growing.

I am only going by what by what Sean indicated in the interview and also looking at the past two quarter revenue intake. Also with new v2.0 Just being launched it is going take time for dev on these three newest products.

Momentum is definitely building there is no doubt and anything can happen in the end.

I am still hoping for some big news every week that is for sure!
Brainchip is like a doomsday cult where the end of days keeps getting deferred, only it's a boomsday cult.

I keep drinking the koolade.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Slade

Top 20
Back at the end of 2019 in an interview with EE Times Europe in which he makes reference to AI companies including BrainChip, Pierre Cambou, principal analyst for imaging at Yole, said about neuromophic hardware:

“While no significant business is expected before 2024, the scale of the opportunity could be significant for decades after that.”

I think Pierre could be on the money with his prediction.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

stockduck

Regular

View attachment 44501

View attachment 44493

View attachment 44494

View attachment 44495
View attachment 44496
View attachment 44497

View attachment 44498

View attachment 44499
View attachment 44500
Well,...that would make me crazy:LOL:,....for me like the sharemarket from BRN yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users

charles2

Regular
For all shareholders/potential shareholders a pertinent question is are we at the bottom. Now I've been wrong on multiple occasions (what's new??) so today I'll just share an observation....also pointing out and emphasizing that the tail rarely wags the dog. (the caveat).

On the NASDAQ (tail) all of yesterday there existed a bid for 100k shares at 18 cents that was not hit. Today the bid of 100k shares is at 18.1 cents..still no action.

So what you may ask. Well nobody yet has decided to throw in the towel (or short) at this embarrassing god-awful price into a bid of significant size (for NASDAQ).

Seller exhaustion marks bottoms.

As much as I revile hope.......we can.

EDIT: As i write this some entity disposed of 10k shares at 18.1 cents. Guess we didn't hope with enough intensity.

EDIT 2: Seems that I jinxed it big time. My future must be in Tarot cards or Voodoo. Palms? Finger in the dyke?

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Satchmo25

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom