BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shadow59

Regular
Interesting games on the ASX being played with BRN. SP being held in a vice. Buy and sell walls in place. Churning…allowing shorters to exit out here.

I like it that a bit of a double bottom has been achieved here at around 28 cents. Would be nice to see the move back up now….if not I will just keep buying the cheap shares.
Wish I could too! Unfortunately too many other things happening in my life at the moment. The share price going up a lot would help out for me!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

jtardif999

Regular
Nvidia is slowing everyones progress:

TECHNOLOGY

September 11, 2023 8:41 PM UTC

Focus: Nvidia's dominance in AI chips deters funding for startups

Nvidia's (NVDA.O) supremacy in building computer chips for artificial intelligence has chilled venture funding for would-be rivals, investors said, with the number of U.S. deals this quarter falling 80% from a year ago.

The Santa Clara, California company dominates the market for chips that work with massive amounts of language data. Generative AI models get incrementally smarter through exposure to more data, a process called training.

As Nvidia has grown stronger in this area, the harder it has become for companies attempting to build competing chips. Seeing these startups as a riskier bet, venture financiers are newly unwilling to provide big cash infusions. Advancing a chip design to a working prototype can cost more than $500 million, so the pullback has quickly threatened the startups' prospects.

"Nvidia’s continued dominance has put a really fine point on how hard it is to break into this market," said Greg Reichow, a partner at Eclipse Ventures. "This has resulted in a pullback in investment into these companies, or at least into many of them."

U.S. chip startups have raised $881.4 million through the end of August, according to PitchBook data. That compares to $1.79 billion for the first three quarters of 2022. The number of deals has dropped from 23 to four through the end of August.

Nvidia declined to comment.

AI chip startup Mythic, which has raised about $160 million in total, ran out of cash last year and was nearly forced to halt operations, technology website The Register reported. But it managed to bring in a relatively modest $13 million investment several months later in March.

Nvidia has "indirectly" contributed to overall AI chip fundraising woes, because investors want "Home run only type investments with a huge investment, huge return," Mythic CEO Dave Rick said.

Difficult economic conditions have added to the downturn in the cyclical semiconductor industry, Rick said.

A secretive startup called Rivos, which is working on chip designs for data servers has had trouble raising funding recently, said two sources familiar with the company's situation.

A Rivos spokesperson said Nvidia's market dominance hasn't hindered its fundraising efforts and its hardware and software "continues to excite our investors."

Rivos is embroiled in litigation with Apple (AAPL.O), which has accused Rivos of stealing intellectual property, and this has compounded the fundraising challenge.

DEMANDING INVESTORS

Chip startups looking to raise cash are facing tougher demands from investors. They require companies to have a product that is within months of launch or already generating sales, sources said.

About two years ago, new investments in chip startups were often $200 million or $300 million. That has fallen to about $100 million, according to PitchBook analyst Brendan Burke.

At least two AI chip startups have overcome investor reluctance by trumpeting potential customers or their relationships with well-known executives.

To raise $100 million in August, Tenstorrent boasted about CEO Jim Keller, a near legendary chip architect who has designed chips for Apple, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD.O) and Tesla (TSLA.O).

D-Matrix, which has projected revenue of less than $10 million this year, raised $110 million last week, bolstered by financial backing from Microsoft and a commitment by the Windows maker to test d-Matrix's new AI chip after it launches next year.

While these chip makers in Nvidia's shadow struggle, startups in AI software and related technologies do not face the same constraints. They brought in about $24 billion in funding this year through August, according to PitchBook data.

Despite Nvidia's dominance in AI computing, the company does not have an unassailable lock on the sector. AMD plans to launch this year a chip that will compete with Nvidia's, and Intel (INTC.O) leapfrogged development by gaining a rival product in an acquisition. Sources see these as having long-term potential to become alternatives to Nvidia's chip.

There are also adjacent applications that could provide openings for competitors. For example, chips that perform data-intensive computing for prediction algorithms are an emerging niche. Nvidia does not dominate this area and it's ripe for investment.

Reporting by Max A. Cherney in San Francisco; editing by Kenneth Li, Cynthia Osterman and Christian Schmollinger

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Interesting games on the ASX being played with BRN. SP being held in a vice. Buy and sell walls in place. Churning…allowing shorters to exit out here.

I like it that a bit of a double bottom has been achieved here at around 28 cents. Would be nice to see the move back up now….if not I will just keep buying the cheap shares.
What about this triple witching through until the 21 September.?

Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Frank Zapper ,

Quadruple Witching Day.

Occurs 4 times per year, 3rd Friday in Dec., Mar., June., Sep.

So The next reballence will occur 15th Sep , sometime.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Afternoon Frank Zapper ,

Quadruple Witching Day.

Occurs 4 times per year, 3rd Friday in Dec., Mar., June., Sep.

So The next reballence will occur 15th Sep , sometime.

Regards,
Esq.
Usually after ASX market close isn't it Esky?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon HopalongPetrovski ,

Yep ,

* Trading volumes tend to rise on these days & is typically heaviest during the last hour of trading as traders adjust their portfolios.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Thankyou for your knowledge. My comment was based on the American graphs . The Australian witching may be more relevant to us . Just doing my calculations on when to purchase some more . It has been a falling knife experience for me from day one .

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Colorado23

Regular

Never been more confident with our investment. Really impressed with Sean and his ability to understand and endorse our company in such a professional way in under 18 months,

Two areas that im particularly interested in are lidar (from experience current offerings massively impact production in operational environments)
and the other one is patient monitoring. Having many family members and friends working within healthcare, I constantly hear high numbers of health care staff getting burnt out, ridiculously high expectations in terms of patient to nurse/doctor ratios. An example of where I feel we could make a big impact is captured in the below excerpt from as early as 2021. Im sure one of the many amazing contributors has touched on this before.
Our times edging closer, pardon the pun. Good luck to all.

Management at the Edge of Situation Awareness During Patient Telemonitoring​

Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNAI,volume 12414)

Abstract​

The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has brought unexpected new scenarios in patient-care journeys and has accelerated this innovative process in the healthcare sector, demonstrating the importance of a systemic rethinking of remote care, mostly when patients are discharged from the hospital and continue their therapies at home in autonomy. The possibility to remotely monitor patients at home by means of smart sensors and medical devices has a dramatic impact on the quality of health services. Situation awareness plays an essential role in the decision-making process about the users, patients in this case, and their behaviors. Leveraging an Edge Computing framework, with embedded Artificial Intelligence capabilities to process near real-time data gathered from connected smart devices, would provide automatic decision support, thus improving the physicians’ course of action. In this paper we introduce, within an Edge AI framework, a dedicated module, called Clinical Pathway Adherence Checker (CPAC), which identifies the discrepancies between the modeled clinical pathway and the observed one by means of process mining techniques, and hence detecting early clinical deterioration of patient conditions. Also, further analyses are conducted in the anomaly detection at the Edge that may occur during the health data transmission process.

• Love
Reactions: 30 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thankyou for your knowledge. My comment was based on the American graphs . The Australian witching may be more relevant to us . Just doing my calculations on when to purchase some more . It has been a falling knife experience for me from day one .
"It has been a falling knife experience for me from day one"...............That sucks, but glad to see you doing your own research.

Since I've been in its gone from the .30's down to the .04's, touched .97, back to .37, EQXX'd up to $2.34 and then slid/manipulated down to the .28 odd we see today. 🤣
At the very least, I'm not bored! 🤣
I have been waiting with pent up anticipation for the Company making news to land for 8 years, (sowhatwouldIknow), but I've never be so convinced that its coming imminently than I am now.
When???? I'm currently measuring my string in lengths of 1 month, 3 months, 12 months and 24 months.
I no longer advise friends and relatives to buy, cause 'what would I know' and obviously I'm not good with timing.
But a wise old bloke I know once told me that "It's time in the market, not timing, that counts"
Obviously, I think you're on a good thing, and as the ad says. "Stick to it."
Good luck to us all.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
Bring It BrainChip!
485ce31a-4883-4761-8fdd-6c6be7c005f7.Jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

Getupthere

Regular
The stacking is a classic. 😂

They are trying to get the sellers to come to them.

Don’t fall for it.

1694497254075.png

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Optimizing the Future of Automotive for AI

Screenshot_20230912_150817_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire

Pmel

Regular
"It has been a falling knife experience for me from day one"...............That sucks, but glad to see you doing your own research.

Since I've been in its gone from the .30's down to the .04's, touched .97, back to .37, EQXX'd up to $2.34 and then slid/manipulated down to the .28 odd we see today. 🤣
I have been waiting with pent up anticipation for the Company making news to land for 8 years, (sowhatwouldIknow), but I've never be so convinced that its coming imminently than I am now.
When???? I'm currently measuring my string in lengths of 1 month, 3 months, 12 months and 24 months.
I no longer advise friends and relatives to buy, cause 'what would I know' and obviously I'm not good with timing.
But a wise old bloke I know once told me that "It's time in the market, not timing, that counts"
Good luck to us all.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
Bring It BrainChip!
View attachment 44449
Very painful to see . Every time i thought it lowest , i bought more and it sinks futher. I have a lot now but the value currently has been halved.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

The Pope

Regular
Marquee. I would have thought Ford would have been named. Have I missed something?
I don’t think you have missed something but if FF is 100% correct (as previously mentioned a while back) Ford is a EAP so if they have left the EAP then it was my understanding from a previous FF post that it should be announced on ASX.
Maybe BRN presentation accidentally left off Ford. 🤪

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Very painful to see . Every time i thought it lowest , i bought more and it sinks futher. I have a lot now but the value currently has been halved.
It's only painful if you have, or have had to, crystallise a loss.
My point is that the share price has fluctuated wildly over time, and given we are a fundamentally sound company with good prospects going forward I see no reason that we will not continue to do so.
And the next major fluctuation (according to my flux capacitor) should be UP! 🤣
BTW... that doesn't mean we may not fart around a little going down and up and down and up some more til that happens.......🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Baisyet

Regular

Good luck to us all.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
Bring It BrainChip!
View attachment 44449
I have been experiencing same many told me to sell or why didn't sell then :p and contrast to that still buy anticipating day will come. Lets hope it will come.
In other note just stumbled upon random youtube video out of my interest in Home theater and Audiophile .
I see brainchip logo on his or search bar or Fav, thisisvery very highend setup but good to see brainchip in this household. Hope I can have set up like that . Our day will come right.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I have been experiencing same many told me to sell or why didn't sell then :p and contrast to that still buy anticipating day will come. Lets hope it will come.
In other note just stumbled upon random youtube video out of my interest in Home theater and Audiophile .
I see brainchip logo on his or search bar or Fav, thisisvery very highend setup but good to see brainchip in this household. Hope I can have set up like that . Our day will come right.

Yes Brother, be ready with your plan, cause it's a cumin' 🤣 roun' the mountain, when she comes!.....🤣

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

CHIPS

Regular
In the interview Sean mentions that they are seeing significantly more interest and progressed talks regarding 2.0, I hope we can take this to mean that there is a possibility of getting at least 2 or more licences sold. Hopefully in quick succession after the release date so the share price can bounce.
He actually said "exceptionally high" interest (if I am not mistaken) and he said it twice in the Oppenheimer presentation. :love:

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hahaha could be a big d*ck power move... Intel who?

Nice try to come to Sean’s defence, but I doubt it… 😊

In fact, I’d bet that quite a few posters here on TSE wouldn’t have been aware of the correct pronunciation of Loihi either, but then again they are not CEOs speaking in public, surrounded by neuromorphic lingo day in, day out.

Anyway, overall I thought that Sean fared really well in that presentation, just like in the May interview with Noah, the ASX Investor (who is a genius!) - worlds apart from the insecure impression he had left on me during this year’s AGM, when an eloquent Antonio Viana had to come to his rescue more than once, if I remember correctly.

Also, I just wanted to give a shout-out to whoever is designing those presentation slides that look really professional! 👍🏻

While I am not sure whether the last slide’s kite was intentionally created to look like a diamond, it definitely does to me, reminding us shareholders of the gem this company is, albeit many - some knowing better and with ulterior motives - want us to believe it is merely fool’s gold we’ve been accumulating.

C3E95B05-AFE6-43BA-801A-35701A36AC07.jpeg

I am most likely reading far too much into it (especially since this was a presentation for potential investors, not shareholders) but one could even interpret it as an hommage to the many diamond hands among us… 💎 🙌
Admittedly, now I really start to sound like a QAnon conspiracy believer dissecting so-called breadcrumbs. 🤣

I know they say you should never fall in love with a stock, but some stocks just seem to be irresistible… 😍

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

CHIPS

Regular

Same situation with me. It is sad, but it is what it is. It will get better soon hopefully and then we will be happy to have so many stocks.

• Haha
Top Bottom