BRN Discussion Ongoing

I don’t think you have missed something but if FF is 100% correct (as previously mentioned a while back) Ford is a EAP so if they have left the EAP then it was my understanding from a previous FF post that it should be announced on ASX.
Maybe BRN presentation accidentally left off Ford. 🤪

Reactions: 2 users

Labsy

Regular
As a shareholder, I wouldn't want BrainChip to be acquired by another company, including Intel. I'm not sure how it works for other foreign markets, but here in the U.S., there are a couple of options.

Provided the shareholders voted to approve it and regulators allowed the deal to go through, shareholders could have their stocks replaced with cash from a buyout, and that's it. Optionally, they could have their shares of stock exchanged for shares in the new company, and most likely not a one-to-one ratio.

Intel's stock is currently 38.01 USD (59.55 AUD), yes, tempting, but NVIDIA's is sitting at 455.72 USD (713.96 AUD). I strongly suspect any buyout would not be close to what BrainChip's value would be worth ten years from now.

Given the patents, technology, and lead time, BrainChip has a good chance of doing very well on its own, and I believe it could potentially be worth more than Intel's stock currently sits. Let's also consider the number of outstanding shares BrainChip has, ~1.78 billion. In 2020, NVIDIA attempted (unsuccessfully) to acquire Arm for USD 40 billion. I don't think that BrainChip is well-known enough to command that type of offer, but if all of BrainChip's shares were to cash out at USD 10 billion, that would be roughly 8.80 AUD a share.

Disclaimer: I am not in the financial business. I may be oversimplifying my example. From what I provided, I think BrainChip has the potential to be much more than 8.80 AUD per share ten years from now. Let's also not discount the tax headache this would bring from any shares not held in a retirement account that isn't subject to income taxes.

I imagine that some people might be tempted to cash out at a significant amount above their current investment, and some may have personal situations in which having those funds would be needed. 8.80 certainly looks a lot better than 0.30 right now.

This is not financial advice, and these views are my personal opinion. I would not want to see BrainChip sell to another company.
Very well put... I strongly agree. 👍

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

FJ-215

Regular
Hi Fran,

Think we are mostly on the same page but think long term investors and Lou DiNardo would disagree with last sentence. Korea would maybe be the only new player for me. All the rest were done on LDN's watch.
Hmmm.

Thinking SK was mentioned by LDN in a big, big way.

Please correct if i ftu!!!

• Love

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I understand that investors want to hear from the CEO from time to time but Sean should concentrate on his strengths and leave these presentations to Nandan.

Nandan comes a cross as extremely confident and charismatic and this is probably assisted by his experience and education in both marketing and computer science.

Please don't take it the wrong way as I am a massive fan of Sean's and the direction he is steering our company but individuals should know their strengths and weaknesses and play to them.
I agree Ian. I love listening to Nandan speak. eloquent, knowledgeable and engaging.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hmmm.

Thinking SK was mentioned by LDN in a big, big way.

Please correct if i ftu!!!
There was a fair amount of speculation around Samsung back in Lou's time as I recall.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi Fran,

Think we are mostly on the same page but think long term investors and Lou DiNardo would disagree with last sentence. Korea would maybe be the only new player for me. All the rest were done on LDN's watch.
You’re right, that statement is indeed odd. I didn’t really think about it, I was just focussed on “Korea” getting mentioned…

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think you have missed something but if FF is 100% correct (as previously mentioned a while back) Ford is a EAP so if they have left the EAP then it was my understanding from a previous FF post that it should be announced on ASX.
Or. Maybe @F at
or. Maybe @Fact Finder is just full of piss & wind and the ASX announcement about Ford doesn’t need to be redacted if it was never a material engagement. But Fact Finder should know. He is/was the Brainchip guru.
Before all the FF followers jump down my throat. BRN SP is .28 c and FF2022 price predictions was $2.75. Hmmm.and happy for him to make a guest appearance to put me in my place. After all. I am not the messiah. I am just a naughty boy. 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
There's that awesome word again - Erekutoronikusu. It can't just be a coincidence, things are just going to keep on going up from here :)

1694516745827.png

• Love
  • Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Or. Maybe @F at

or. Maybe @Fact Finder is just full of piss & wind and the ASX announcement about Ford doesn’t need to be redacted if it was never a material engagement. But Fact Finder should know. He is/was the Brainchip guru.
Before all the FF followers jump down my throat. BRN SP is .28 c and FF2022 price predictions was $2.75. Hmmm.and happy for him to make a guest appearance to put me in my place. After all. I am not the messiah. I am just a naughty boy. 😂

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GazDix

Regular
Oh, I totally agree. As I’ve said before, Sean obviously pales in comparison to charismatic CEOs such as the late Steve Jobs or NVIDIA’s Jensen Huang when presenting - as I see it, he is not a natural born orator, but was most likely appointed CEO of Brainchip mainly thanks to his presumably excellent network of connections within Silicon Valley and his previous achievements. So my judgement of him “faring really well” was not meant to be absolute, but rather relative, compared to previous public appearances I watched online.
I personally much prefer Nandan Nayampally’s presenting style, who always comes across as extremely knowledgeable, is quietly oozing confidence without having to resort to superlatives and is excellent in presenting without a script.

One more thing that I noticed during the Oppenheimer presentation - Sean specifically listed Korea as one of the regions Brainchip is engaged in:

“When I joined, we were only focussed in the US, we now have sales footprint in Japan, Korea, Israel, Europe…” (from 37:43 min)
I noticed this as well and was going to comment about it but was confused about him mentioning Japan as well.
Obviously there was already some kind of engagement with Japan with the Renesas and Megachips signings before he joined.

Unless they were the US branches. I found that comment disingenuous to be honest especially since much of the development team are based in Europe (France) and the Valeo deal was without him. So scrapping Europe and Japan, Israel? But we were also in discussions with NaNose in early 21 which are based in Israel. So Korea? Yep, maybe. Sidenote, what about India? I didn't like that comment from Sean. Strategically I know he is making a difference, but don't start telling porky pies to falsely boost your impact mate.

Apart from that, it was a very good presentation though. Also taking in mind it was for new investors and not current ones.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Good article comparing ARM and Nvidia in regards to being involved with AI:

"Arm's future in AI
Arm's AI future is unlikely to come from the huge amounts of chips required to train big data models.

Instead, it's more likely to be a major player in AI on the "edge." This phrase refers to AI processes carried out on a device, such as a smartphone, rather than in the cloud, like ChatGPT.

For this to happen, devices will require low-power but high-performance chips able to carry out the computing required for AI applications. Arm is designing the architecture for these chips.

"If you're doing AI on a smartphone or car you're not going to have that same level of compute power, so you need to optimize the model to run locally," Peter Richardson, research director at Counterpoint Research, told CNBC.

"Those processors will almost certainly be Arm-based"

"Arm is unlikely to see the benefit from AI filter through to its revenue for at least three-to-five years, Richard Windsor, founder of Radio Free Mobile, told CNBC.

What SoftBank has been required to do is to sell Arm as an AI company like Nvidia," Windsor said.

"Now, in the long term absolutely, I'm a big proponent on running AI on end-devices, it makes an awful lot of economic sense for the provider of the service, and also much more in general in terms of the quality of the service, privacy and security and so on and so forth. But those revenues are not accruing to Arm right now."

News is getting out there that running AI on end-devices is the more logical way to go. Imagine the number of investors and businesses reading this article from CNBC.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

The Pope

Regular
Or. Maybe @F at

Well FF hasn’t been on TSE since 240pm Sunday so as Hoppa suggests via the video that you (or maybe he is offering to give you) need a good spanking. Maybe after FF reads you post he may offer the same. Lol

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

manny100

Regular
Great re-fresher.
Lots of info we already know, but I find myself forgetting some of the nuggets in this presentation.
A well-spoken Sean as usual too - his element is obviously with time to prepare.
Great presentation. According to BRN it was conducted on 8th August this year.

manny100

Regular
What I also liked is that Sean is not shying away from the partnership with Mercedes and that is right up front still.

Also the representative of Mercedes commenting on Brainchip progress recently on Linked In gives me some decent hope of larger revenue in the not too distant future from Mercedes. We need this to avoid any cap raising at these levels.
Yep,it will not be long before all cars are computers on wheels...... and we know who will be making $$ out of that.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
View attachment 44429 View attachment 44430 View attachment 44431

Your post reminded me about Mitsubishi’s new ute. Anyone have any details about this?
“Driver Monitoring System uses a steering column mounted camera to monitor the driver's face and detect driver drowsiness or distraction. An alert is displayed via the instrument cluster meter display when such events are detected.”

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/coming-soon/new-gen-triton.html

Attachments

• 45DA5A7A-9136-4BF5-8FF0-44EFF300ADFE.png
    45DA5A7A-9136-4BF5-8FF0-44EFF300ADFE.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: 5 users

Doz

Regular
Oh, I totally agree. As I’ve said before, Sean obviously pales in comparison to charismatic CEOs such as the late Steve Jobs or NVIDIA’s Jensen Huang when presenting - as I see it, he is not a natural born orator, but was most likely appointed CEO of Brainchip mainly thanks to his presumably excellent network of connections within Silicon Valley and his previous achievements. So my judgement of him “faring really well” was not meant to be absolute, but rather relative, compared to previous public appearances I watched online.
I personally much prefer Nandan Nayampally’s presenting style, who always comes across as extremely knowledgeable, is quietly oozing confidence without having to resort to superlatives and is excellent in presenting without a script.

One more thing that I noticed during the Oppenheimer presentation - Sean specifically listed Korea as one of the regions Brainchip is engaged in:

“When I joined, we were only focussed in the US, we now have sales footprint in Japan, Korea, Israel, Europe…” (from 37:43 min)

“When I joined, we were only focussed in the US, we now have sales footprint in Japan, Korea, Israel, Europe…” (from 37:43 min) “

Hi Fran , maybe Sean is informing us that we now have Brainchip employees in these locations to help drive adoption .

All in my opinion .

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Labsy

Regular
"World class companies are vertically oriented"
"People want customised silicon"
Words from the last presentation @23min...

Sounds to me like "Tesla is vertically oriented"
"Elon wants customised silicon".....
Nice to imagine....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

AI model speeds up high-resolution computer vision​

The system could improve image quality in video streaming or help autonomous vehicles identify road hazards in real-time.

• Love

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Hi Fran,

Korea
Sapeon Korea Inc (SK Telecom)
CEO talking about "SNN" "Neuromorphic"

CEO Ryu suggested SNN and convolutional neural network (CNN) technologies as neuromorphic technologies that will significantly improve memory operation processing performance. SNN is a technology that creates spikes, which resembles electrical signals, and transmits the signals to the opposite side. This reduces power consumption compared to existing neuromorphic technologies. SNN performs information processing when a signal is expressed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom