BRN Discussion Ongoing

Rach2512

Regular
Again, just give it a rest. Take a spell or whatever you need to. I’ve met @JoMo68 and she’s fantastic! We’ve all had enough of your constant crap.
RESPECT breeds RESPECT people!
Just put them on ignore, I did that months ago, saves time reading loads of rubbish

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

mrgds

Regular
My personal opinion is the fact that he has said “interesting” year at Brainchip and not touched on many partnerships that has been announced in the last 12 months and hasn’t said anything about akida 2nd generation and not thanking the rest of the Brainchip staff and board tells me he is leaving because of many possibilities but clearly he seems disgruntled and there’s been a relationship breakdown internally.

I’d say he has brought tier one semiconductor companies over and partners/customers and has a very high workload and has asked the Brainchip board for more commission/money and it’s been knocked back due to sean and the current boards plan and he has sought better opportunity/money elsewhere and has obviously done that, which I don’t see an issue with at all because we are all entitled to do that and would all consider that.
I’d say it’s purely a better financial decision for himself as for the reason he is departing, and clearly this would have been in the works for a while.
We have never heard Chris speak at any event, any podcast, so it’s almost like he wasn’t there!

No matter what his decision was, I don’t see it as a negative at all, matter of fact I’m more excited to see who they employ and will take over the role!

Let’s use Nanden as an example, he left a trillion dollar company being Amazon, and a hugely successful product of “Hey-Alexa” and he decided to leave that company and come to Brainchip, not because Amazon was failing, not because hey Alexa was a dud, so it’s not always about money for some, which I think I remember Rob telson saying when he first started that he wanted to work back in the start ups to feel the excitement in a start up environment that goes on in the beginning.
Clearly for Chris stevens it was purely based on money, and we may all be wondering well why did he take the job on in the first place knowing?
Well, good question but clearly it wasn’t for him and has most likely asked for more and it’s been knocked back.

This is why it is important to pay people accordingly in this very global competitive industry we are in and I feel blessed that we do have Rob Nanden Todd Sean Ken Duy-Loan Antonio with their experience.

I say bring on the next worldwide sales boss 😎
Thnx for your reply @chapman89

Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
This popped up from ARM tweet:

bit.ly/3Z8asbO

A rich vein of gold:

https://interactive.arm.com/story/neoverse_the_next_wave/page/3/1

View attachment 44274

Neoverse-E1
https://www.arm.com/products/silicon-ip-cpu/neoverse/neoverse-e1
View attachment 44275

Neoverse E1 is a flexible platform which supports scalability from 25Gbps in 4W CPU power budget to multi-100Gbps systems. Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) enables closely coupled fixed-function hardware offload support with low latency and cache stashing capability.

We have seen the term "closely coupled" used in relation to ARM M85 and Akida.

View attachment 44276

Highly scalable throughput for edge to core data transport Arm Neoverse E1 is ideally suited for data plane compute workloads such as 4G/5G transport, software defined networking, software defined storage, and SD-WAN. This innovative platform features a scalable architecture suitable for 10Gb wireless/wireline devices to high-performance 100G+ Dataplane Processing Unit (DPU).
Flexible architecture enables fixed-function accelerator integration via low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port
High efficiency design supporting 25Gbps+ throughput in less than 4W power budget
Common Armv8.2-A architecture enables integration with Neoverse N1 platform for high-performance, multi-port 100Gbps networking devices

Specifications and Features
Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) supporting two threads concurrently Up to 8 cores (16 threads) per cluster Superscalar, out-of-order pipeline
Configurable private L2 cache
Configurable L3 cache
Low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) for closely coupled accelerator integration
Support cache stashing into L2/L3 cache

Akida is compatible across the range of ARM processors.
This popped up from ARM tweet:

bit.ly/3Z8asbO

A rich vein of gold:

https://interactive.arm.com/story/neoverse_the_next_wave/page/3/1

View attachment 44274

Neoverse-E1
https://www.arm.com/products/silicon-ip-cpu/neoverse/neoverse-e1
View attachment 44275

Neoverse E1 is a flexible platform which supports scalability from 25Gbps in 4W CPU power budget to multi-100Gbps systems. Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) enables closely coupled fixed-function hardware offload support with low latency and cache stashing capability.

We have seen the term "closely coupled" used in relation to ARM M85 and Akida.

View attachment 44276

Highly scalable throughput for edge to core data transport Arm Neoverse E1 is ideally suited for data plane compute workloads such as 4G/5G transport, software defined networking, software defined storage, and SD-WAN. This innovative platform features a scalable architecture suitable for 10Gb wireless/wireline devices to high-performance 100G+ Dataplane Processing Unit (DPU).
Flexible architecture enables fixed-function accelerator integration via low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port
High efficiency design supporting 25Gbps+ throughput in less than 4W power budget
Common Armv8.2-A architecture enables integration with Neoverse N1 platform for high-performance, multi-port 100Gbps networking devices

Specifications and Features
Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) supporting two threads concurrently Up to 8 cores (16 threads) per cluster Superscalar, out-of-order pipeline
Configurable private L2 cache
Configurable L3 cache
Low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) for closely coupled accelerator integration
Support cache stashing into L2/L3 cache

Akida is compatible across the range of ARM processors.
https://www.hpcwire.com/2019/02/20/arm-unveils-neoverse-n1-platform-with-up-to-128-cores/

I think this is a more in depth article on it. Maybe you get some more insight from reading it ? Goes above my head that’s for sure.

Also when googling on it I came across this in the search field, but cant find it when I click on it.
62A8B9E0-02B2-4B1C-8D9B-3E346EE95094.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
https://www.hpcwire.com/2019/02/20/arm-unveils-neoverse-n1-platform-with-up-to-128-cores/

I think this is a more in depth article on it. Maybe you get some more insight from reading it ? Goes above my head that’s for sure.

Also when googling on it I came across this in the search field, but cant find it when I click on it.
View attachment 44337

I used Chat GPT to draw any connections, similarities and overlaps between Akida specs and the N1 / E1 article. This is what it came back with.

There are a few connections, similarities, and overlaps between these two articles:

1. Both articles discuss advancements in processor architectures and designs that are optimized for specific computing tasks. The first article focuses on BrainChip's Akida fabric, which is designed for AI processing, while the second article discusses Arm's Neoverse N1 and E1 platforms, targeting general-purpose cloud computing and edge computing.

2. Both articles highlight the benefits of reducing power consumption and increasing efficiency. The first article mentions that BrainChip's fabric reduces power consumption while increasing throughput, and it incorporates clock gating and dynamic voltage and frequency scaling. Similarly, the second article mentions that Arm's N1 platform delivers a 30% power efficiency improvement over previous generations.

3. Both articles emphasize the scalability of the respective platforms. The first article mentions that the Akida fabric is scalable from 2 nodes for ultra-low power to 256 nodes for complex use cases. Likewise, the second article states that Arm's N1 platform can scale up to 128 cores and the E1 platform delivers scalable throughput from the edge to the core datacenter.

4. Both articles discuss the integration and deployment aspects of the platforms. The first article mentions the robust software and development environment for the Akida fabric, while the second article mentions the availability of the N1 and E1 designs to partners and the expectation for the first silicon to come to market by the end of the year.

Overall, both articles share a focus on advanced processor architectures, power efficiency, scalability, and integration aspects, although they are from different companies and target slightly different computing domains.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Rach2512

Regular
Steven Mark Ryan doing a run down on Tesla's FSD. Lots of talk on neural networks, can you guys/ladies let me know what you think?

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting read here about the water consumption required to run the data centres used for ChatGPT:

"In its latest environmental report, Microsoft disclosed that its global water consumption spiked 34% from 2021 to 2022 (to nearly 1.7 billion gallons, or more than 2,500 Olympic-sized swimming pools), a sharp increase compared to previous years that outside researchers tie to its AI research."

"In a paper due to be published later this year, Ren’s team estimates ChatGPT gulps up 500 milliliters of water (close to what’s in a 16-ounce water bottle) every time you ask it a series of between 5 to 50 prompts or questions. The range varies depending on where its servers are located and the season. The estimate includes indirect water usage that the companies don’t measure — such as to cool power plants that supply the data centers with electricity."

"In July 2022, the month before OpenAI says it completed its training of GPT-4, Microsoft pumped in about 11.5 million gallons of water to its cluster of Iowa data centers, according to the West Des Moines Water Works. That amounted to about 6% of all the water used in the district, which also supplies drinking water to the city’s residents."

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Interesting read here about the water consumption required to run the data centres used for ChatGPT:

"In its latest environmental report, Microsoft disclosed that its global water consumption spiked 34% from 2021 to 2022 (to nearly 1.7 billion gallons, or more than 2,500 Olympic-sized swimming pools), a sharp increase compared to previous years that outside researchers tie to its AI research."

"In a paper due to be published later this year, Ren’s team estimates ChatGPT gulps up 500 milliliters of water (close to what’s in a 16-ounce water bottle) every time you ask it a series of between 5 to 50 prompts or questions. The range varies depending on where its servers are located and the season. The estimate includes indirect water usage that the companies don’t measure — such as to cool power plants that supply the data centers with electricity."

"In July 2022, the month before OpenAI says it completed its training of GPT-4, Microsoft pumped in about 11.5 million gallons of water to its cluster of Iowa data centers, according to the West Des Moines Water Works. That amounted to about 6% of all the water used in the district, which also supplies drinking water to the city’s residents."
Next step is liquid nitrogen

Logical step is Akida

1694376474371.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning back in Australia,

Interesting reading comments on the departure of Chris Stevens, it's all speculative.

No one company revolves around one individual, everyone is replaceable, no matter what we may think about ourselves, choices are made
every single second of a day worldwide, we all move on.

Some may attempt to use his departure as a knife to inflict more shareholder pain, but in reality, we are on schedule, have a very stable workforce
whom all have the same drive and determination to see Brainchip succeed.

Nothing to see here, except an opportunity for some new individual (male or female) to take us forward.

Regards Tech 🙃;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230911_073536_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

JDelekto

Regular
Good morning back in Australia,

Interesting reading comments on the departure of Chris Stevens, it's all speculative.

No one company revolves around one individual, everyone is replaceable, no matter what we may think about ourselves, choices are made
every single second of a day worldwide, we all move on.

Some may attempt to use his departure as a knife to inflict more shareholder pain, but in reality, we are on schedule, have a very stable workforce
whom all have the same drive and determination to see Brainchip succeed.

Nothing to see here, except an opportunity for some new individual (male or female) to take us forward.

Regards Tech 🙃;)
Many years ago, at a company where I once worked, I was involved in a conversation with the CEO about tenure. He believed that engineers should spend no more than three years at a company lest they become stale in their skill set, and it was in their best interest to move on.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that there were no other ulterior motives, like giving developers extra vacation time after several years of service or hiring new talent out of school at a cheaper rate after senior employees leave; however, I like to think that any engineer who enjoys what they do will be following new technologies and changes in their field nonetheless.

It's possible this individual is of that school of thought and maybe feels they need to rejuvenate their sales skills at new companies. There are two key takeaways for me here: 1) I would be more concerned if they lost a key developer who had in-depth engineering knowledge of the IP they are developing, and 2) provided this individual is leaving the company on good terms, they have an opportunity to share their knowledge of BrainChip with their new company, should its application be relevant.

Given that BrainChip has already had customer feedback that has driven the development of Akida 2.0, I would think that any potential IP sales agreements would be made notwithstanding this individual's decision to move on in their career.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
November 16, 2023
About tinyML Asia

chrome_screenshot_11 Sept 2023 8_21_43 am AEST.png

Learning 🪴

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users

Damo4

Regular
Oh no, I missed some weekend TSEx drama!
Napoleon Dynamite - Dang It animated gif

In other news I would have expected the revenue-growth-desperados to be quite pleased about our local revenue growth expert departure.
Also as VP of sales I would have thought a replacement would have been nothing but positive or at least neutral news.

Instead of ranting, I have funnelled my energy in to making shit memes.

_-VbKcsk8O6Swx6luFBw98A4yoo=.gif

c4QkHjSn0b7M0tnJNVtRtCJDiI0=.gif

9NTh41fEtdz_NXaMGCiMRVRgbOo=.gif

jcz8MqW2F7VJm5JjnAE5EypnHmI=.gif

r11Jo7bYKAcHWsdkcAV-iJH6AQ4=.gif

Edit: Slow day at work so have some more

lDvP5G2EU21zlTK9Xi9HScJtKjM=.gif

CzDGctxdApXrmw38nn77L_VKQug=.gif

3Xv5PBjbVpgtNNDhE2DkWYcWLtQ=.gif

p-oGmSgMpMIM6PidAyxKqOH9drQ=.gif

mqy7F6pkpX3AyZxaH0CTxeno2VI=.gif

vQ4NvcgUx5EpWBEupyyf6E82bu4=.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Summit attendees will get to experience firsthand what generative AI will bring to phones, but Qualcomm senior vice president of product management Ziad Asghar described to CNET why users should get excited for on-device AI. For one, having access to a user's data -- driving patterns, restaurant searches, photos and more -- all in one place will make solutions generated by AI in your phone much more customized and helpful than general responses from cloud-based generative AI.

"I think that's going to be the holy grail," Asghar said. "That's the true promise that makes us really excited about where this technology can go."
Screenshot_20230911_101249_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

toasty

Regular
Like to know who the named accounts are :LOL:

Regional Sales Manager​

images

BrainChip
Laguna Hills, CA
Apply

1 day ago

Full-time

At BrainChip, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation and drive, we want to meet you. Due to our growth and need to fulfill demand, BrainChip is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to drive our IP licensing business in specified geographical regions. This individual contributor must be highly motivated and a proven sales executive in the area of IP licensing with a demonstrated experience selling through the semiconductor and systems ecosystem. A principal goal for this position is the selling of enterprise agreements within several named accounts and a broad geography, and in so doing create a means for achievement of the revenue target. This position requires extensive relationship-building activities along with driving engineering and product development to ensure the customer is obtaining the maximum value. To achieve this along with further adoption, the Regional Sales Manager must have strong skills and experiences in the selling of complex solutions in large and complicated customer environments. Responsibilities Drive top-line sales revenue in a named list of accounts, as well as a geographic footprint Drive adoption of enterprise agreements in the targeted named accounts to ensure long term relationships and maximum contract value Collaborate with global team members to foster a strong sense of community and information sharing among named accounts Strong focus on relationship building with executive decision-makers Guide prospects through a methodical sales process to facilitate decisions Ensure customer success Maintain accurate Salesforce information Travel as necessary to client locations (approximately 50% of time traveling) Required Skills & Knowledge Proven track record of exceeding sales revenue targets Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles Proven ability to sell multiyear enterprise licensing agreements Proven track record selling six-or-seven figure deals Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with executive decision-makers Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills Excellent communications and presentations skills 5 Years Experience in Artificial Intelligence, IP Sales, Semiconductor Sales 5 Years Demonstrated Success in Complex Selling Environment 5 Years Enterprise Account Management Experience Education in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, Preferably a Masters.
Sounds to me like CS has been made redundant - a re-evaluation of the sales function perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if the sales function will now report directly to Sean.........after all that was his claim to fame coming in....... FWIW

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

This is old news. Just serving as a reminder...

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 11.06.59 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

krugerrands

Regular
LMAO.. no champ... just NO....

You brought it up... own it.

Maybe follow the comment trail and you will see this was in response to a personal opinion that a female should be hired.
To be more accurate the exact inciting comment was "Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position."

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Maybe follow the comment trail and you will see this was in response to a personal opinion that a female should be hired.
To be more accurate the exact inciting comment was "Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position."
Maybe stay out of it? I wasn't responding to that comment.

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

Stumbled upon this artefact.

Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 11.25.39 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom