BRN Discussion Ongoing

Probs posted previously as it is a July article and we have somewhat contracted since then but it is more about the value of Patent grants.

Hopefully we see some more sooner than later :)

BrainChip’s Rise: Harnessing Intellectual Property for Skyrocketing Valuations​

95a255da4a050aa4a67098715881bade

Published On - July 24, 2023
Seth Cronin
computer-chip-scaled.jpg

In the frenetic world of the stock market, investors and businesses are increasingly finding value not just in the tangible, but also in the intangible. BrainChip Holdings Ltd (BRN.AX), an Australian AI chipmaker, serves as a testament to the significant influence of intellectual property (IP) on the market.

After receiving a US patent grant for one of its revolutionary neuromorphic processors, BrainChip experienced a surge in shares by nearly 11%. This boon brought the company to its highest level since mid-June, outperforming all others on the ASX 200 benchmark index.
What does this phenomenon signify? It underscores the immense value of patents in demonstrating a company’s innovative potential and capacity for disruption. BrainChip’s 17 issued patents and about 30 pending applications worldwide present a compelling signal to investors of the company’s dedication to pioneering technology and promising prospects in the fiercely competitive AI industry.

This is not an isolated incident where patents have catalyzed investment. Recall the late 90s technology boom when Microsoft’s stock price skyrocketed 900% due significantly to their rapidly expanding patent portfolio. It propelled them to a leadership position in tech innovation. Similarly, in the early 2010s, ‘smartphone patent wars’ between giants like Apple and Samsung highlighted the crucial role of IP rights. These instances validate that a robust patent portfolio can be a substantial factor in determining a company’s valuation.

What should companies eyeing an IPO draw from this? The worth of your patents could be equally, if not more, important than the value of your physical assets. Developing an IP portfolio sends a robust signal to the market about your company’s innovative potential, leading to an enhanced stock price and company valuation.

For businesses eager to accelerate the patent application process, the USPTO’s Track One program is a viable option. This program fast-tracks the examination process for non-provisional utility or plant patent applications, enabling faster patent grants.

The secret is out. A strong IP portfolio is indispensable in influencing business valuations. Companies preparing for an IPO should prioritize their patent applications and make use of the Track One filing when possible. As BrainChip and other successful tech innovators have proven, the rewards can be considerable, marked by substantial capital influx from public and private investment rounds.

So it’s time to shift gears, where intellectual property becomes the driving force of business growth. Secure your patents, build your portfolio, and showcase your innovations to the world. In this marketplace of ideas, those with patents pave the way to the future.

These guys are:

ipCapital Group (ipCG) is an intellectual property (IP) and innovation consulting firm, serving clients since 1998.

ipCG has delivered over 800 successful innovation and IP engagements, including to over 10% of the Fortune 500, in a wide range of industries. Our interdisciplinary team of consultants and advisors are focused on maximizing clients’ financial results. We combine our world-class human capital with our proprietary tools and methodologies around innovation, invention, and IP.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

keyeat

Regular
anyone have any idea why we down 5% today ?

Sliding Banged Up GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jla

Regular
Reactions: 11 users

robsmark

Regular
Incredibly frustrated with our SP. Realistically when (and that’s not a given) are we going to see a turning of the tides? Looking at this company rationally it has all the makings of something special, I just cannot understand how we haven’t progressed on a commercial scale… Are we early? Is the product looking for a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist? Is big tech worried about or size/value? What is it? We’ve become a toy mouse for the feral cats on the ASX and they’re fully in control now. Every milestone (I’ve been in this for over 4 years continually so there’s been a lot of them) I think to myself ‘Ahh here we go’, and then we take a dive further the following weeks. I feel like it’s hopeless today and I’m struggling with it - apologies for the rant, I’ve had a fucked week/month/year and this shit isn’t helping ☹️

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 57 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular

Yes........
The price per share has dropped from 37.5 cents to 35.5 cents which equals a 5% drop..........
Hopefully that answers your question

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Incredibly frustrated with our SP. Realistically when (and that’s not a given) are we going to see a turning of the tides? Looking at this company rationally it has all the makings of something special, I just cannot understand how we haven’t progressed on a commercial scale… Are we early? Is the product looking for a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist? Is big tech worried about or size/value? What is it? We’ve become a toy mouse for the feral cats on the ASX and they’re fully in control now. Every milestone (I’ve been in this for over 4 years continually so there’s been a lot of them) I think to myself ‘Ahh here we go’, and then we take a dive further the following weeks. I feel like it’s hopeless today and I’m struggling with it - apologies for the rant, I’ve had a fucked week/month/year and this shit isn’t helping ☹️
I hope you'll be better soon. Just like you, I'm extremely frustrated with the progress on the commercial side.
Even though our company is nothing but a cue ball for shorters for quite some time now, we can be certain that times will be better.
Realistically speaking, does the second generation have the potential for some new license agreements. I wouldn't be surprised if the second gen will path the way for success. Maybe it'll even catch some shorters off guard.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Xhosa12345

Regular

Feeling ya Robs.

Shorters still about 7.5%

Annual reports due out in the next week or so, im looking forward to reverse engineering the report compared to the December report, and compared to the last 4C to see what the TRUE sales were for the quarter (vs just cash received from previous debtors)

ill post as soon it comes out (my interpretation anyway)

Definitely a lot of mentions and commentary on it being 2025 for traction vs what was originally Xmas 2022 / early this year- so with a market cap about $650M i can understand why the needle is not moving.

Was hoping shareman not posting on HC anymore was going to be indication the SP should start moving forward, but not the case.... lol

Wishing everyone a good day otherwise!

Go MATILDAS!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

keyeat

Regular
Yes........
The price per share has dropped from 37.5 cents to 35.5 cents which equals a 5% drop..........
Hopefully that answers your question
no it doesn't answer the question ... but thanks for taking the time to reply , very helpful

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Patience will be rewarded @robsmark. I'm going to save a spot for you at the $2 hot tub party! Remember, 💯 percent no 🩲 allowed!

fluffy-puppy-hang-in-there-champ-y3c6u82yn0x1vlf5.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

You fishing for material for your next fool article?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hang in there Bud.
The way my balls are itchin' and the increasing amount of press and positive reinforcement of neuromorphic/edge processing/eco system building stuff that's now coming out weekly and often daily.....................it's gotta be close now.
We are all "hanging on" to some extent, knowing in our bones or in our water that big share price moving announcements are in the pipeline.
For now, we just have to do as Sgt Barnes tells us and, 'take the pain'.
We're all short now, but the countdown has already started somewhere, and soon we'll all be on that big plane bound for juicy steaks and GOGO girls. (or whatever floats your boat, that money can buy) 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Hang in there Bud.
The way my balls are itchin' and the increasing amount of press and positive reinforcement of neuromorphic/edge processing/eco system building stuff that's now coming out weekly and often daily.....................it's gotta be close now.
We are all "hanging on" to some extent, knowing in our bones or in our water that big share price moving announcements are in the pipeline.
For now, we just have to do as Sgt Barnes tells us and, 'take the pain'.
We're all short now, but the countdown has already started somewhere, and soon we'll all be on that big plane bound for juicy steaks and GOGO girls. (or whatever floats your boat, that money can buy) 🤣

Ya know you can get a cream for that itch hey :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Cgc516

Regular
When ever we see the single digit or double digits settlements showing a lot , I know the SP is gonna be F***ed.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular
Availability:

Engaging with lead adopters now.
General availability in Q3’2023

The above statement was made some time ago, so early/lead adopters have had plenty of time to test, visualize, plan if and how
our brilliant, world leading technology can fit into their current or future product/s roadmap.

I'm like many on this site, we announced back in around February 2022 that we had changed direction and were and still are first
and foremost an IP company, I personally wish to see 2/3 IP License Agreements signed off on before Xmas of this year, is that
being too greedy ? I don't believe so.

I do know that MetaTF 2.0 is being worked on in Toulouse by our excellent software team, who may possibly get forgotten during
the year, but they do an incredible job and play an important role in helping us achieve our commercial ambitions, sadly we never
seem to hear about the guys in India, who are as equally important.

Stay positive, if you truly believe in our company, staff and technology, well then, you're on a winner, 2025 onwards, then make your
judgement call.

Not advice, just the views of a true believer.

Tech :geek:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi Rob, big part of the reason is Liquidity atm. High interest rates are sucking money out of retail and until the Fed starts to pivot, or we make big strides then we will continue to stay flat.

Its not good when you have headlines like this

1692168041875.png

Money flowing back to cash but fund managers have to show strong portfolio reports so will have to go back to equity eventually. VC's are struggling alot and new ventures are put on hold. BRN are in a good position with cash, just need to weather this financial crisis.

1692167967209.png

In Australia we are fortunate that we are not in situation like 3rd or 2nd world countries where they are experiencing inflation above 100%.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Foxdog

Regular
Mate, a lot of us are feeling your frustration. The official release of Gen2 is just around the corner. I'm not expecting immediate IP announcements coinciding with the release but they will come imo. I think most of our future clients were willing to wait for Gen2 and will 'settle' for that rather than wait for Gen3.
We are the only commercial neuromorphic IP available and Gen2 will propel us further ahead of our competition.
Neuromorphic tech is all the buzz atm with so many AI articles mentioning how revolutionary it is. BRN, by all accounts, is the only company who have solved the puzzle and is continuing to do so in better and better ways.

The current SP does not account for the release of Gen2. IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Availability:

Engaging with lead adopters now.
General availability in Q3’2023

The above statement was made some time ago, so early/lead adopters have had plenty of time to test, visualize, plan if and how
our brilliant, world leading technology can fit into their current or future product/s roadmap.

I'm like many on this site, we announced back in around February 2022 that we had changed direction and were and still are first
and foremost an IP company, I personally wish to see 2/3 IP License Agreements signed off on before Xmas of this year, is that
being too greedy ? I don't believe so.

I do know that MetaTF 2.0 is being worked on in Toulouse by our excellent software team, who may possibly get forgotten during
the year, but they do an incredible job and play an important role in helping us achieve our commercial ambitions, sadly we never
seem to hear about the guys in India, who are as equally important.

Stay positive, if you truly believe in our company, staff and technology, well then, you're on a winner, 2025 onwards, then make your
judgement call.

Not advice, just the views of a true believer.

Tech :geek:
If we get 3 to 4 IP Deals this company won't look back

Top Bottom