BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Oh yes, this gives us a very nice plug. ❤️❤️
The following is the paragraph that precedes @Diogenese earlier post.

Event-based Processing & Learning: BrainChip’s Neuromorphic AI Solution
BrainChip is one of the pioneers of bringing neuromorphic computing to the edge. While traditional neuromorphic approaches have used analog designs to mimic the neuron and synapse, BrainChip has taken a novel approach on three counts.

Firstly, their design is a fully digital design that is portable and reliable.

Secondly, not only do they support spiking neural nets, but they have applied event-based execution to traditional convolutional networks, thereby rendering neuromorphic computing mainstream today. This allows current CNN/RNN models to run much more efficiently and drives far more capable performance on extremely low-footprint, low-power devices at the sensor.

Thirdly, delivering on-device learning allows for personalization, customization, and other learning untethered from the cloud.

Brainchip’s Akida neural processor is offered as IP and is configurable from energy-harvesting applications at the sensor edge to high-performance yet power-efficient solutions at the network edge. It is sensor-agnostic and has been demonstrated on a variety of sensors.

As a self-managed neural processor that executes most networks completely in hardware without CPU intervention, it addresses key congestion and system bandwidth challenges in embedded SoCs while delivering highly efficient performance. With support for INT8 down to INT1 and skip connections, it handles most complex networks today, along with spiking neural nets.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Boab

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Boab

OTC.png

Xe.com.png

Woo Hoo 40c here we come🤞🤞

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Unlocking the potential of ML and IoT

Over time, it is expected that all IoT devices will run some sort of ML on the device. This is the reason Arm enables a wide range of ML devices – ranging from silicon deployed to run tiny sensors with Cortex-M CPUs, Cortex-M CPUs paired with custom ML accelerators, Cortex-A CPUs, Cortex-A CPUs paired with custom ML accelerators including GPUs with more and more devices coming in the future.

The integration of ML into the IoT is revolutionizing industries and livelihoods.
Screenshot_20230816_071054_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Somewhat silly post to follow...please indulge me.

Rome, NY is upstate about halfway between where I was born and where I graduated from medical school (50 years ago...ugh!). Before this article today there was little else to recommend it. (I am making use of poster's license to overlook the beautiful Finger Lakes and Cornell and Colgate and Hamilton College and Lake Skaneateles, etc. ).

From the above paragraphs one might conclude that I have had little to add to the Brainchip discussion of late. Sorry, sad but true.

Not quite nothing though....As I am now within $350 USD of accumulating 1,050,000 shares.

Akida 2... I implore you..... please let me live long enough to break even and visit the Finger Lakes one more time.

Actually I'd rather visit Fogo Island. To dream.
What is your buy price?

Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Email Banner
Hi,

I'd like to invite you to our upcoming webinar next Wednesday (Aug 23) in partnership with Modzy, titled "Seamless Edge Intelligence: Scaling Applications at the Edge". The future of AI lies at the edge, and our webinar aims to provide you with the essential knowledge and best practices to build edge AI applications for scale.
Date: August 23rd, 2023​
Time: 9 AM PDT​
Duration: 1 Hour​
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:​
  • A better approach for deploying ML models on fleets of edge devices.
  • Managing models across a fleet of edge devices and handling complex data connections.
  • The pitfalls of an infrastructure-centric architecture approach to deployment.
  • And more!
WEBINAR SPEAKERS:​
SETH
BRAD
Seth Clark
Founder & Head of Product
Modzy​
Brad Munday
Head of ML Engineering
Modzy​
I look forward to seeing you there!

Best,
Ed

Ed Nelson
Portfolio Director
AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit

Not interested this year? Click here.

Hi all.
Sorry if already posted and I have missed it but this Modzy group is a new name to me.
Don't know if they are serious competition or quite what they do but it seems they are playing in our bailiwick anyways.
Anyone had a look at them yet?

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Modzy is apparently a software company in Virginia USA, so probably no threat.
More and more talk about Edge intelligence cropping up.
Starting to become quite a theme.
Oh well, more water being prepared for us to make a big splash in. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
morning fellow brners
ok I have a theory (one of many mind you) right,
With Arms ipo when that lifts off all the major players will buy a piece of the pie. Now, brn is in that pie so heres my theory... Nvidia wanted to buy arm but couldn't, sooo Nvidia like the others buys shares in Arm (with brn in their), SOFTBANK who ultimately owns Arm will offer to buy Brn at say no less then $6 or give shareholders or option to convert their shares into Arm shares and hey presto Brn is sold and joins the Arm forces becoming one big major ip ecosystem!
Now if my theory is correct who would sell at
(A) $6 and who would
(B) convert to arm shares (or their may also be a combo
(C) $4 and arm shares)
hmmmm my answer if this theory was correct i would unfortunately fold at $6 and watch arm double :( or we hit double digits and fly along side of Arm helping each others success as seperate necessary ip working together.

just a theory.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Cgc516

Regular
morning fellow brners
With Arms ipo when that lifts off all the major players will buy a piece of the pie. Now, brn is in that pie so heres my theory... Nvidia wanted to buy arm but couldn't, sooo Nvidia like the others buys shares in Arm (with brn in their), SOFTBANK who ultimately owns Arm will offer to buy Brn at say no less then $6 or give shareholders or option to convert their shares into Arm shares and hey presto Brn is sold and joins the Arm forces becoming one big major ip ecosystem!
(A) $6 and who would
(C) $4 and arm shares)
hmmmm my answer if this theory was correct i would unfortunately fold at $6 and watch arm double :( or we hit double digits and fly along side of Arm helping each others success as seperate necessary ip working together.

just a theory.
Hi MD, I like your quote. could you also explain why we BRNERS get benefits from ARM IPO. There are plenty arm partners , we they get the same?

Reactions: 3 users
morning fellow brners
(A) $6 and who would
(C) $4 and arm shares)

just a theory.
Hi @MDhere

I have time on my side and am more than willing to wait for this edge AI Industrial Revolution to kick in. It’s only just starting and I anticipate a strong growth trajectory for the next ten years.

If even half our known ecosystem partners starts producing revenue in the next 2-3 years $8 will be cheap.

I suspect within 6 months anyone who has bought in prior to now will be in the green. It’s much easier and less stressful to hold green than red.

I expect for example that when Renesas starts producing revenue for us that alone will be sufficient to become a going concern. No more revenue raising required! I think we still have to finish our current contract this year unfortunately :(

MB (and Valeo) will start adding cream on top!

There is so much in the pipeline I won’t be selling a Jatz cracker until July 25. Even then it’ll be too soon to maximise profits as I think we have a long growth trajectory however I want to live a little too!

I feel for those that are on a tighter timeframe or have other budgeting considerations but I’m seeing this through.

Good luck to everyone else.

:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

TopCat

Regular
Morning all, has anyone ever come across Bascom Hunter before? A supplier to the U.S department of defence

BH Tech supplies the defense market with class-leading advanced electronics for applications in artificial intelligence (AI), signal intelligence, resilient communications, and signal processing. We provide highly customized solutions expertly designed for the challenges facing our warfighters. Product lines within BH Tech include RF Systems, RF Components, Neuromorphic Processors and Photonics. BH Tech delivers next-generation capabilities to our customers by leveraging our expertise in semiconductor technologies, RF circuits, integrated photonics, software, digital electronics and neural networks.

IMG_3299.jpeg
IMG_3298.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning TopCat,

Yep, Quadrojos posted something on them on 27.3.2022.

I cannot recall what it was but it warranted a place amoungst my notes.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230816_104621.jpg
    20230816_104621.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 95
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

TopCat

Regular
Good Morning TopCat,

Sorry I'm not much help.

Regards,
Esq.
You have the best note keeping system. Love it

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Good Morning TopCat,

Sorry I'm not much help.

Regards,
Esq.
You'd think they'd come up with an app to do that!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Labsy

Regular
Bought more today.... just saying. 🤪🍻

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

keyeat

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

Dot, Dot.
From the Forbes article 6th March 2023 talking about Akida 2nd Generation
Conclusions
While BrainChip has been vocal in the past about the partnerships it has forged, such as with MegaChips and Renesas, commercial growth has been slower, possibly a function of the IP model taking longer to ramp. With the inclusion of 8-bit operations, the Vision Transformer, temporal convolutions (TENN models), and the ability to run models like ResNet-50 completely on the Akida Neural processor with minimal CPU dependencies, we believe the company is laying the foundation to turn the corner and land some bigger design wins. A key factor may be the software, which is currently TensorFlow based but will soon support PyTorch as well, an essential addition given the current development landscape.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom