IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230718_132347_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
Let’s push up the expectations for revenue on this next 4C so we can pretend to be shocked and disappointed by it when it comes out. We can then use the next few months criticising the company and bashing its management.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Iseki

Regular
Let's give MegaChips 8Mill shares to actually produce a chip with Akida 2.
Then let's have a video of Anil opening the box of chips when they arrive and have a guy in a white lab coat testing them, whilst nodding happily.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
Let’s push up the expectations for revenue on this next 4C so we can pretend to be shocked and disappointed by it when it comes out. We can then use the next few months criticising the company and bashing its management.
Groundhogday GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

robsmark

Regular
We can’t go on forever without revenue. With the IP licences getting some age behind them, at some point they need to start yielding fruit, otherwise we have no business.

We can call those wankers, dumpsters, whatever for calling it out, but they aren’t wrong. Sadly, positive scientific papers and non-commercially binding partnerships will not build a company.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Damo4

Regular
We can’t go on forever without revenue. With the IP licences getting some age behind them, at some point they need to start yielding fruit, otherwise we have no business.

We can call those wankers, dumpsters, whatever for calling it out, but they aren’t wrong. Sadly positive scientific papers and non-commercially binding partnerships will not build a company.

I think the point was more we have 0 new licenses (to our knowledge) and neither Renesas or Megachips have announced they are currently selling their products with Akida in it. In fact they may never announce, it may just appear.
With that in mind, unless there is previous cash receipts owing from either license, or dev boards or EAP fee's etc, the receipts are going to be practically $0.
To speculate anything above that is either stupid or deliberately misleading.

Also a lack of sales is already being called out on days ending in a 'y', so the idea of a 4C being the catalyst for further criticism makes no sense either. It would be simply a reminder of what we are already knowing, day after day.

It's not a matter of whether it is good enough that BRN is yet to have cash receipts, my point is simply where in the world would it appear from?

Edit: Accidentally used the word revenue, instead of cash receipts, in one of the sentences.
Fixed now as people really should know the difference between the two, and what a 4C is for.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Bombersfan

Regular
17.7 M OB
(5M) at least going out maybe ($6M)
with say another 40K coming in........ can we round this up to 100K? Anybody see it being $1M?
so $12M ISH closing balance (2 quarters)

View attachment 40237
You seem to have conveniently missed a few details. The 12months spend to Dec 31 last year was $13m, they said the $6m spend last qtr was a lot bigger than normal obviously for costs incurred for 1.5 and gen 2 tape out and prove outs. And also the LDA call wasn’t finished til after March 31 so $12m will be reported this qtr. Closing balance $17.7m last qtr plus $12.2m LDA money is $30m, minus an average quarter spend of say $4m leaves a closing balance of $26m. Give or take. Not as shocking as you are stating. So maybe 6 quarters. Will def need revenue/new licence fees soon but I think people should prepare for next to zero again this 4C.

• Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Iseki

Regular
"We can’t go on forever without revenue."

Yes but, electric cars have been around for a long long time. Then along comes someone to make it work as a desirable thing, and all of a sudden they are hot and they make the money.

We really need a business partnership ( where $ are spent on both sides, ASX announcements are made) to come up with that desirable thing.

ie we may have to give up something to be there enjoying the success they we deserve.

ie swap equity for revenue.

ie give MegaChips 8Mill shares to put akida into nintendo.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Iseki

Regular
I think you'll have to convince Nintendo to put Akida in a console.
And 8 million brn shares is ashtray change to them.
If Akida is the bees knees and suitable for the application I don't see why they wouldn't put it in considering the relationship they have with megachips.
I agree, but times are tight, it's risky etc. So how can we de-risk it enough to make a MegaChips client commit? I think this is our problem in a nutshell. We love that we're bleeding edge but that's a 2 edged sword. Someone needs to take the risk. We need to choose - spend $ and back ourselves or hang tight and wait and hope..

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and by the National Science Foundation (NSF) in the US, the project supposedly has the potential to revolutionise mobile healthcare, telecommunications and robotics.

Neuromorphic technology, we are told in a release from King’s College, can learn and adapt in real-time and is more energy efficient, and apparently this could lead to all sorts of new services and telecoms stuff. Intel Labs, Nvidia (partners not competitors right? 😜), and AccelerComm have been drafted in in order to ‘explore the fundamental principles, algorithms and hardware co-design of neuromorphic communications

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Iseki

Regular
I wish I knew the ins and outs, I honestly just thought if we are superior in every facet they'd be pounding down our door. Maybe they are maybe they aren't. The joys of holding brn....
Maybe more time needed but not that much more I would think.
Agree. Just don't want to die wondering. Hence give someone a sweetener to get something happening. Like 3 years license rebate for the first product on the market. We lose short term revenue but the upside is huge.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

robsmark

Regular
What the f..k are you guys on about ......
Complete bullshit
breaking bad bullshit GIF
Agreed - indicating that we should pay a customer (in shares or otherwise) with publicly funded money, to implement our tech into their device so they can sell it and make bank is absurd, desperate and laughable.

It we’re adopting this model then I’ll personally sign an IP licence and take a few $M sign on bonus 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

We can call those wankers, dumpsters, whatever for calling it out, but they aren’t wrong. Sadly, positive scientific papers and non-commercially binding partnerships will not build a company.
I think Brainchip comes into its own with AI becoming mainstream and cheaper. It’s still in the hype anything goes phase. Then the economics of making it widespread brings Brainchip into its element..

The evidence is overwhelming with all the wannabes and ingenious competition.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
You seem to have conveniently missed a few details. The 12months spend to Dec 31 last year was $13m, they said the $6m spend last qtr was a lot bigger than normal obviously for costs incurred for 1.5 and gen 2 tape out and prove outs. And also the LDA call wasn’t finished til after March 31 so $12m will be reported this qtr. Closing balance $17.7m last qtr plus $12.2m LDA money is $30m, minus an average quarter spend of say $4m leaves a closing balance of $26m. Give or take. Not as shocking as you are stating. So maybe 6 quarters. Will def need revenue/new licence fees soon but I think people should prepare for next to zero again this 4C.
Cheers edited

Reactions: 2 users

rgupta

Regular

I think the point was more we have 0 new licenses (to our knowledge) and neither Renesas or Megachips have announced they are currently selling their products with Akida in it. In fact they may never announce, it may just appear.
With that in mind, unless there is previous cash receipts owing from either license, or dev boards or EAP fee's etc, the receipts are going to be practically $0.
To speculate anything above that is either stupid or deliberately misleading.

Also a lack of sales is already being called out on days ending in a 'y', so the idea of a 4C being the catalyst for further criticism makes no sense either. It would be simply a reminder of what we are already knowing, day after day.

It's not a matter of whether it is good enough that BRN is yet to have cash receipts, my point is simply where in the world would it appear from?

Edit: Accidentally used the word revenue, instead of cash receipts, in one of the sentences.
Fixed now as people really should know the difference between the two, and what a 4C is for.
Before I share my belief let me tell everyone I am a holder.
Ok, my understanding is brainchip should not have launched akida 1000 in a hotch potch reason being there was no development environment, no modules were available but instead it was produced for EAP customers and they were not very interested.
Just think, if we were selling our kits but there was no ideas or support (how you can sell the same).
We sell two licences and it is taking too long to launch a product. I don't know what we're conditions of those licences but the hype created at that time is following us like anything.
I also assume LDN was axed for the same reason.
Going ahead I believe technology is real and revolutionary but if implementation is bad that can ruin any good product. So I assume management had taken note of failures and developing an ecosystem where after market services are available for a marketable product. And that is the only way to sell the product to right consumers. Right now edge impluse had developed some modules for retail customers and other small and big partners are working on the product. So I assume company is learning from mistakes and results will start getting visible by the time we launch akida 1500.
But definately if we cannot sell akida 1500 to retail customers that will be considered a big failure.
So still holding and have a full faith in technology but still believe there are always slips between the cup and lips.
So fingers crossed and hopefully mangement have a fool proof plan to implement things.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
Before I share my belief let me tell everyone I am a holder.
Ok, my understanding is brainchip should not have launched akida 1000 in a hotch potch reason being there was no development environment, no modules were available but instead it was produced for EAP customers and they were not very interested.
Just think, if we were selling our kits but there was no ideas or support (how you can sell the same).
We sell two licences and it is taking too long to launch a product. I don't know what we're conditions of those licences but the hype created at that time is following us like anything.
I also assume LDN was axed for the same reason.
Going ahead I believe technology is real and revolutionary but if implementation is bad that can ruin any good product. So I assume management had taken note of failures and developing an ecosystem where after market services are available for a marketable product. And that is the only way to sell the product to right consumers. Right now edge impluse had developed some modules for retail customers and other small and big partners are working on the product. So I assume company is learning from mistakes and results will start getting visible by the time we launch akida 1500.
But definately if we cannot sell akida 1500 to retail customers that will be considered a big failure.
So still holding and have a full faith in technology but still believe there are always slips between the cup and lips.
So fingers crossed and hopefully mangement have a fool proof plan to implement things.
Very wisdom. Appreciate much. Thank you for your provision.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

LexLuther77

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom