BRN Discussion Ongoing

Terroni2105

Founding Member

Mobileye Launches the First Camera-Only Intelligent Speed Assist to Meet New EU Standards​

TECHNOLOGYNEWS
By Business Wire On Jul 20, 2023

Mobileye has introduced the world’s first vision-only Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) solution for automakers, following testing and certification across Europe. The camera-only solution, launching in production vehicles this year, helps global automakers meet new European Union (EU) General Safety Regulation (GSR) standards requiring automatic sensing of speed limits in all new vehicle models, without the need to rely on third-party map and GPS data.
AiThority Interview Insights: How to Get Started with Prompt Engineering in Generative AI Projects

The new software, designed for Mobileye’s EyeQ platform, has been certified for use in all 27 EU countries as well as Israel, Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey. The EyeQ4 and EyeQ6-based ISA system allows OEMs whose vehicles already integrate these chips to meet the new standards merely by updating the EyeQ’s existing software, without any new hardware requirements.
The Mobileye ISA system is expected to be integrated by a major global auto group into two vehicle brands for models going on sale in Europe later this year, with three other global automakers following close behind in 2024 and beyond.
“This is a major accomplishment for Mobileye, because we’ve proven to the industry not only that achieving GSR-compatible vision-only ISA is possible, but also that it performs better than traditional map-based solutions,” said Dr. Gaby Hayon, Executive Vice President of Research and Development at Mobileye.
The certified solution, resulting from more than two years of work building on Mobileye’s two decades of experience in computer vision and machine learning, is the industry’s first of its kind. Current alternatives rely on a combination of cameras and low-resolution maps to meet the EU standards, a solution that typically brings higher cost with complexity and integration efforts, while providing less reliable performance.
Do we have a link / dot to Mobileye? I can’t remember

Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
How nice is it to read intelligence post to close out Friday.

And these intelligence post had once again confirmed, the importance of Akida 1000.

And thanks to the commercial release of Akida 1000, where Brainchip's ecosystem has grown to 41 partnerships. Without the released of Akida 1000, Brainchip would just be a research company.

I do understand there are only two IP licenses. However, I believe partnerships will be more fruitful in the future than IP sales. Its take 2-5 years for fruit tree to bear fruits, And when one tree starting bear fruits, the other will follow suit. (Just my 2 cent)

Learning 🌱🌴🍎🍇🥑
With all these partnerships is BRN taking a leaf out of Don Juans book?

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230721_205728_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
With all these partnerships is BRN taking a leaf out of Don Juans book?
I am a believer of;

"the more the merrier" philosophy.

As long as, it's beneficial AI for both partners. 😆

Learning 🏖

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Rach2512

Regular

From the website

Automotive, Intel, News, July 2020

Mobileye, an Intel company, and Ford Motor Company are collaborating on cutting-edge driver-assistance systems across Ford’s global product lineup.

From May 2020

After the introduction of AKD1000, BrainChip has recently signed two agreements, post which the Company noted a significant improvement in its share price in the past couple of weeks. BRN shares, which settled at A$0.058 on 22 May 2020 reached A$0.120 on 9 June 2020, representing a growth of ~106.9%.

Agreement with Ford Motor Company for the Evaluation of AkidaTM Neural Processor

On 24 May 2020, the Company signed a joint agreement with Detroit-based Company for evaluation of the Akida neural network System-on-Chip for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems & Autonomous Vehicle applications.
The evaluation agreement was binding on execution which was signed into with Ford Motor Company and is not the subject of a fixed term. The deal is based upon a partnership to assess Akida as it relates to the automotive industry & payments under the agreement proposed to cover related expenses and received periodically during the evaluation process.

Plus as confirmed today by FactFinder, (great to hear from you FF) we are still dealing with Ford and Intel. Does this kind of make a dot?

Happy Friday all ❤

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I understand why you would prefer not to mention them, but the reality is that their lies are read by more people than the TSEx readership.

It would be interesting to plot the coincidence of MF hit pieces against BrainChip good news.
361249595_10230878086758426_5498187781818958627_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

macro

Do we have a link / dot to Mobileye? I can’t remember
I was listening to an interview with Emad Mostaque and he uses Perplexity rather than ChatGPT or Bing because it gives you sources. So I tried it.

Is Brainchip linked to Mobileye?

Answer

There is no evidence that BrainChip is linked to Mobileye. BrainChip is a semiconductor company that produces ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP 2 4

They have recently signed two contracts with Valeo Corporation 1

On the other hand, Mobileye is a company that produces automotive sensor products 3 5

They are known for their EyeQ series of SoCs, which are used in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) 5 6

While both companies operate in the field of AI and semiconductors, there is no indication that they have any direct business relationship or partnership.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi JD
Your post brought me here much sooner than I anticipated but so be it. The following I believe destroys any ill-conceived notion that those you are addressing might attempt to promulgate that AKD1000 was a failure. If it was a failure then Brainchip would not exist as it is built from the same neural fabric which is the underpinnings of all AKIDA technology.
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23
I perhaps jumped the gun on one part of my criticisms having received an email this morning advertising the podcast.
As a result of the answer Sean gave regarding the AKIDA 2nd Gen the manipulators have been out in force relying upon his answer to claim AKD1000 has been a dud.
I am not concerned about this but perhaps this is something to keep in mind for further presentations.
After all AKD1000 achieved the only IP sales in the history of Brainchip to Renesas and MegaChips not to mention the EAP customer engagements.
One clarification I have is around the neural fabric used in AKD1000, AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen.
My understanding was/is that the neural fabric was/is the same across all three. Is this correct?
If so then essentially the only difference is the additions to or the takeaways from, such as removing the CPU from AKD1500?

Also I have assumed that this being the case it is open to potential customers to purchase more or less nodes of AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen as Renesas did of AKD1000?
Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

Tony Dawe <tdawe@brainchip.com>​

Wed, Apr 26, 12:58 PM
to me
Hi .....,

I referred your question on technology to Peter van der Made.

Peter has replied below.

“The neural fabric is the same across all three chips, with minor modifications to allow for new functions. The AI market is a fast moving field, with new network technologies that appear every few months. We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

We took away the CPU from the AKD1500 to provide clients with a neuromorphic processor that is smaller and has a lower power consumption. This was the result of customer interactions because MCUs have their own CPU. The onboard CPU in AKD1000 makes sense for a stand-alone chip. Our IP is integrated within an MCU, so they do not need the CPU.

The AKD1000 is not superseded and remains part of our offering as a single-chip solution.”

I hope Peter’s response addresses your question.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
Thanks Fact Finder, for your sharing of such substantially significant and substantiated responses received back from the Co and Tony Dawe.

In regards to Peter's actual response especially imo: I think, that this has a very deep and meaningful connection with Vorago and the US DoD (DARPA) noting that: https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-and-vorago-technologies-agree-to-collaborate-through-the-akida-early-access-program-2/

Bernd Lienhard, VORAGO CEO added, “We are thrilled and honored to partner with BrainChip to harness the radiation hardening capabilities of our patented HARDSIL® technology for the Phase I program with NASA. Our ongoing mission of creating components with increased availability and unmatched solutions in aerospace and defense applications paired with the Akida neuromorphic processor will create unprecedented standards moving forward in the industry.”

If memory serves me right, I think they went from Phase I to Phase 3 within a very short period of time ..then absolute silence..... IMO, I personally believe that there is so much happening with Vorago and DARPA under NDA's and potential National Security reasons both in the US and here in Australia ........... I think that this collaboration connection especially will result in unprecedented revenue streams and just may most likely out-do all our other partnership's. ...... time will tell.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

charles2

Regular

Hi JD
Your post brought me here much sooner than I anticipated but so be it. The following I believe destroys any ill-conceived notion that those you are addressing might attempt to promulgate that AKD1000 was a failure. If it was a failure then Brainchip would not exist as it is built from the same neural fabric which is the underpinnings of all AKIDA technology.
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23
I perhaps jumped the gun on one part of my criticisms having received an email this morning advertising the podcast.
As a result of the answer Sean gave regarding the AKIDA 2nd Gen the manipulators have been out in force relying upon his answer to claim AKD1000 has been a dud.
I am not concerned about this but perhaps this is something to keep in mind for further presentations.
After all AKD1000 achieved the only IP sales in the history of Brainchip to Renesas and MegaChips not to mention the EAP customer engagements.
One clarification I have is around the neural fabric used in AKD1000, AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen.
My understanding was/is that the neural fabric was/is the same across all three. Is this correct?
If so then essentially the only difference is the additions to or the takeaways from, such as removing the CPU from AKD1500?

Also I have assumed that this being the case it is open to potential customers to purchase more or less nodes of AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen as Renesas did of AKD1000?
Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

Tony Dawe <tdawe@brainchip.com>​

Wed, Apr 26, 12:58 PM
to me
Hi .....,

I referred your question on technology to Peter van der Made.

Peter has replied below.

“The neural fabric is the same across all three chips, with minor modifications to allow for new functions. The AI market is a fast moving field, with new network technologies that appear every few months. We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

We took away the CPU from the AKD1500 to provide clients with a neuromorphic processor that is smaller and has a lower power consumption. This was the result of customer interactions because MCUs have their own CPU. The onboard CPU in AKD1000 makes sense for a stand-alone chip. Our IP is integrated within an MCU, so they do not need the CPU.

The AKD1000 is not superseded and remains part of our offering as a single-chip solution.”

I hope Peter’s response addresses your question.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

Ice hockey star Wayne Gretzky famously said, “I skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

Ice hockey star Wayne Gretzky famously said, “I skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been.
just wait til you see BrainChip's hockey stick!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 73 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230722_083841_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_083841_LinkedIn.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 935
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

rgupta

Regular
I was listening to an interview with Emad Mostaque and he uses Perplexity rather than ChatGPT or Bing because it gives you sources. So I tried it.

Is Brainchip linked to Mobileye?

Answer

There is no evidence that BrainChip is linked to Mobileye. BrainChip is a semiconductor company that produces ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP 2 4

They have recently signed two contracts with Valeo Corporation 1

On the other hand, Mobileye is a company that produces automotive sensor products 3 5

They are known for their EyeQ series of SoCs, which are used in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) 5 6

While both companies operate in the field of AI and semiconductors, there is no indication that they have any direct business relationship or partnership.

To my understanding mobile eye is an Intel company. If that helps you.

Taproot

Regular
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom