BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
I can wait and 2025 was always my goal! We'll see how far we've got then. So until then, I'm leaning back.
Oh My Gosh Hello GIF by kate spade new york
I don't mind 2025 goal but I need to see them hitting milestones, the ones that can actually be reflected on the quarterly / annual report... aka money... money never lies... but so far nothing...all these hypes with no money makes me get worried... but given our potential is sooooo high I will continue to wait........ time will tellllll

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Wonder if Redpoint AI could use some Akida lovin' like BRE and Intellisense.

Seem to like SNN as well. :)

About us​

Have a hard data problem? Redpoint Engineering's experts specialize in the math and science that underlies AI/ML, so we can help you make use of even the toughest data sets, verify the output of your algorithms, and unlock the power of ML. Specializing in AI/ML for GEOINT, MASINT, SIGINT, industrial, and physiological movement data. Redpoint AI is proudly a service-disabled veteran owned small business.

Website http://redpoint-ai.com

Industries
Defense and Space Manufacturing

Spiking Neural Networks in ISR: Advantages and Applications​

AdobeStock_269651045-af452c16-640w.jpeg

Why SNNs are a Game Changer for Real-Time Processing of Noisy Data​

Machine learning algorithms are becoming increasingly popular in various fields, including intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR). Among these algorithms, spiking neural networks (SNNs) have unique properties that make them particularly well-suited for certain applications.

Let's take a closer look at what sets SNNs apart from other types of machine learning algorithms.

• One of the key advantages of SNNs is their efficiency. SNNs are designed to be highly efficient in terms of memory and computation, which is essential for real-time applications that require speed and accuracy. Unlike other machine learning algorithms that require a separate training phase followed by a separate inference phase, SNNs can perform both tasks simultaneously, making them more efficient.
  • Another advantage of SNNs is their robustness. SNNs can handle noisy, incomplete, or ambiguous data, which is common in ISR applications. For example, SNNs can process input from sensors that may have missing data or be affected by environmental factors such as weather or lighting conditions.
  • But perhaps the most significant advantage of SNNs is their biological plausibility. SNNs are inspired by the structure and function of the brain, which makes them more biologically realistic than other types of machine learning algorithms. This is particularly important for applications that involve cognitive tasks, such as object recognition and decision-making.
Of course, SNNs are not without their limitations. They require specialized knowledge and expertise to develop and optimize, and they may not always be the best choice for every application. However, for certain applications, particularly those involving real-time processing of noisy data, SNNs offer unique benefits that cannot be found in other types of machine learning algorithms.

The field of machine learning is constantly evolving, and there are many different types of algorithms available to researchers and practitioners. While SNNs may not be the right choice for every application, they offer unique advantages that make them well-suited for certain tasks, particularly those in the field of ISR. With continued research and development, it's likely that SNNs will continue to play an increasingly important role in the world of machine learning and beyond.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Maybe there were companies that found loopholes or entries for short periods of time, however, there's no value in a Nasdaq Index listing until the company fundamentals are stronger and more sustained.

If you think the ASX shorts are impinging on the BRN share price, with the same current fundamentals, the US market would absolutely slaughter the BRN share price based on the evidence and predominance of shorting there.
"loopholes"

A listing won't happen unless the listing requirements are met...

I never said now was a good time to list on the Nasdaq. I actually agree with you.

All I was trying to say is you're incorrect in assuming Brainchip doesn't meet the listing requirements, because it likely does.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
"loopholes"

A listing won't happen unless the listing requirements are met...

I never said now was a good time to list on the Nasdaq. I actually agree with you.

All I was trying to say is you're incorrect in assuming Brainchip doesn't meet the listing requirements, because it likely does.
It's likely inevitable they'll get onto the Nasdaq. Good presentation anyway, they've got good cattle running the company, so that's what matters most.

• Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
You guys in Australia need to know, we really, really have huge problems with our democracy! We take in all sorts of refugees, we want to stop climate change, we want to save animals from extinction AND Russia wants to take over Ukraine (the breadbasket of Europe). Then there are heat pumps, solar and wind power. Animals, i.e. protection of species! All of this is really a reason why some people don't invest in stocks at the moment!
If BRN really explodes, I'll come to you in Australia!

Just wanted to tell you why the stock markets in Europe and America are not reacting as we would like!
Sorry Taylor Swift GIF

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

The E6-A series is meant for digital control applications such as steering, S7-A for the now-named “safety islands” that can act as a fail-safe for critical applications. And in the farthest reaches of machine learning, there is the X280-A. This chip manages data from image sensors and also applies machine learning that can also work with autonomous driving.

Renesas has been closely collaborating with SiFive to bring the strong benefits of RISC-V to many of their products,” said Takeshi Kataoka, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Automotive Solution Business Unit at Renesas. “RISC-V continues to gain momentum around the world, and we plan to leverage SiFive’s portfolio of automotive RISC-V products in our future automotive SoC solutions to meet the exacting demands of these global customers.”

For more information on the new line of IPs for MCUs and MPUs see the SiFive automotive product page on the website here.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
On darker days I think excatly that... We have the best product, that I am convinced about. But then we also had Betamax vs VHS. Betamax was definitly the better product. And yet...
I don't think the betamax analogy applies. Betamax was a consumer product where technical capability is not the foremost consideration. Licensing IP for SNNs is a different kettle of fish where technical capabilities are paramount. SNN IP customers are not going to buy a product because it does not clash with the aspidistra.

The questions @SERA2g posted a page back show that the questioners were familiar with NNs but, unless they were Dorothy Dixers) did not know the details of Akida. For instance, one questioner asked about quantization and sparsity. On quantization, Akida started with (and still has) 1-bit weights and activations and this has now been expanded to 8-bit. Akida takes sparsity to a whole new level with N-of-M coding. But because this question was rolled in with several other questions, Nandan did not address it. There was one slide which showed that a comparison system achieved 92% accuracy (I think it was to do with de-noising, but don't quote me), and Akida with TeNN achieved 97% with significantly lower resources.

1683683428996.png

I was hoping for more such comparisons in the talk, particularly highlighting the capabilities of ARM M85 combined with Akida 2.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

manny100

Regular
Good morning all,

I thought that the tech talk was excellent, Nandan speaks very clearly and deliberately in an attempt to get his message out as
clear as possible, and that's part of his job in Marketing, communication is key, shutting down misconceptions and/or misunderstandings
that could throw a potential client off in engaging with us in the first place and unintentionally telling his network of friends, hence spreading
misinformation about our Akida suite of products.

A number of posters on this forum have once again packaged this webinar up into the "nothing new to see" category, lets be clear here,
this webinar was targeted at developers, companies in or looking at getting into the AI product development space, not Australian Mum
Dad investors wanting to hear that revenue is flowing in and we've just signed Samsung so the share price will burst through the $2.00
mark again in 5 trading days !

Our exposure has never been this engaging before, all the different departments within the Brainchip organization are working hard, all
with the same team goal, to spread the message, to deliver brilliance to current and future clients, to make the ease to market as uncomplicated as possible.

Some companies have already met us at the intersection, others may be 3/6/9/12 months away from that same point on the road, but once our
paths intersect, well, "once you're in, you're in for generations".

Rob spoke great as well..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards....Tech :geek:
Agree, Nandan speaks very well, slowly, deliberately with authority and a reasuring tone.
For those who grew up watching 'Get Smart' think of Simon the likeable.
Nandan oozes trust.
Confirmed by email that Marketing has been cranked up. We all knew that anyway.
The product is ready (and improveable) just a matter now of getting customers on on board as well as investors.
You can see Sean's plan unfolding.
Line of sight to revenue.
Product ready to go See 2023 achivements.
Now marketing the crap out of it.
We will see further 'unfolding of the plan' as we get closer to out goals.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Shorters are likely the same in all western markets. Having a platform to inform tech investors that a company is a publicly listed company on the most liquid and widely recognized exchange is a plus. A big plus! That means NYSE or NASDAQ. Especially for tech companies. That is where the action is.

All the investor meetings, or even tech meetings like today's with ARM flop for likely investors when they find out the main exchange is in Australia. Really not many are going to jump through the hoops to set up an account and invest there. Yes I know that there are other exchanges where shares can be purchased but these are so illiquid that they dampen even the most fervent investor.

With me being an exception. Ugh.

What do you think ....when a company with a potent product that has world wide appeal....what percentage of them think list ASX first or even second I'll round it off....almost none. NONE.
Well put charles2, With the ASX being less than 2 percent of world markets we really do need "ASAP" to be on the premiere of Tech...NASDAQ.
IMO we will be at the top of Nasdaq's favorites list soon after our full listing!! Our rightful place too I might add. Cheers charles2 and Brainchip Crew. Vlad.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

manny100

Regular
I don't think the betamax analogy applies. Betamax was a consumer product where technical capability is not the foremost consideration. Licensing IP for SNNs is a different kettle of fish where technical capabilities are paramount. SNN IP customers are not going to buy a product because it does not clash with the aspidistra.

The questions @SERA2g posted a page back show that the questioners were familiar with NNs but, unless they were Dorothy Dixers) did not know the details of Akida. For instance, one questioner asked about quantization and sparsity. On quantization, Akida started with (and still has) 1-bit weights and activations and this has now been expanded to 8-bit. Akida takes sparsity to a whole new level with N-of-M coding. But because this question was rolled in with several other questions, Nandan did not address it. There was one slide which showed that a comparison system achieved 92% accuracy (I think it was to do with de-noising, but don't quote me), and Akida with TeNN achieved 97% with significantly lower resources.

View attachment 36144

I was hoping for more such comparisons in the talk, particularly highlighting the capabilities of ARM M85 combined with Akida 2.
Yep, Betamax only serves as a caution to get the target market and marketing right.
So far BRN seem to have that worked out.
Sean says that the BOD was presented with a plan which was approved.

Reactions: 8 users

View attachment 36144

No. I get most of this. And I also saw the accuracy vs power consumption as a positive. Yes different target market etc etc... Maybe betamax was a poor example, but the point I tried to make is still remains, in that the best product does not always win.

manny100

Regular
No. I get most of this. And I also saw the accuracy vs power consumption as a positive. Yes different target market etc etc... Maybe betamax was a poor example, but the point I tried to make is still remains, in that the best product does not always win.
I think you are right in that once you have the product its a lesson in identifying the target market and having a great marketing plan.
The Betamax lesson would have been discussed internally at BRN for sure.
It would be used as a case study in loads of businesses.
One big advantage we have is unlike Betamax had VHS as an inferior competitor and lost out. ATM there is no competitor anywhere near as close to BRN.
To disrupt and be accepted you need a materially better product which is what BRN has.

Reactions: 12 users
I think you are right in that once you have the product its a lesson in identifying the target market and having a great marketing plan.
The Betamax lesson would have been discussed internally at BRN for sure.
It would be used as a case study in loads of businesses.
One big advantage we have is unlike Betamax had VHS as an inferior competitor and lost out. ATM there is no competitor anywhere near as close to BRN.
To disrupt and be accepted you need a materially better product which is what BRN has.
Very true! And Betamax is not the only business that failed despite being better, so I am have no doubt the clever heads we have at BRN know this better than anyone.

I am also still very much convinced about our product and keep adding more stock when I can. But like many have said here, it would be great to see some traction, or at the very least a more realistic time frame. 2022 came and went and it seems so might 2023. Maybe AGM will yield some big champangne popping moments... And yes yes yes SP is not an indicator of success at this point in our journey.

Either way lets hope we soon see what we all know can be true..... Akida Everywhere... on the bus, the rocket, the moon and my pocket (new phone anyone?).

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
Good morning all,

I thought that the tech talk was excellent, Nandan speaks very clearly and deliberately in an attempt to get his message out as
clear as possible, and that's part of his job in Marketing, communication is key, shutting down misconceptions and/or misunderstandings
that could throw a potential client off in engaging with us in the first place and unintentionally telling his network of friends, hence spreading
misinformation about our Akida suite of products.

A number of posters on this forum have once again packaged this webinar up into the "nothing new to see" category, lets be clear here,
this webinar was targeted at developers, companies in or looking at getting into the AI product development space, not Australian Mum
Dad investors wanting to hear that revenue is flowing in and we've just signed Samsung so the share price will burst through the $2.00
mark again in 5 trading days !

Our exposure has never been this engaging before, all the different departments within the Brainchip organization are working hard, all
with the same team goal, to spread the message, to deliver brilliance to current and future clients, to make the ease to market as uncomplicated as possible.

Some companies have already met us at the intersection, others may be 3/6/9/12 months away from that same point on the road, but once our
paths intersect, well, "once you're in, you're in for generations".

Rob spoke great as well..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards....Tech :geek:
Well said Tech. I couldn’t agree more.

Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Here is my little pick up on the Arm Tech Talk.

Early @ the 7.20 mark.

"The company like Veleo and Mercedes-Benz’s that have demonstrated Brainchip's technology on their concepts" Nandan.

Now, we know about Mercedes-Benz’s in the EQXX.

This is my first time hearing Veleo "have demonstrated Brainchip's technology on the concepts."

Or because I am new to Brainchip's. Since early 2021?

Learning 🏖

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Quiltman

Regular
Quite aside from anything else, interesting thoughts from Stanley Druckenmiller in the AFR today.

Stanley ran money for George Soros for a decade and is said to have made more than a 30 per cent gross return for 30 years until he closed his firm Duquesne Capital to outside capital in 2010, had plenty of gold at the Sohn conference in New York on Tuesday night.

Happily, Druckenmiller said the hard landing will throw up interesting investment ideas for the patient with artificial intelligence chief among them.

“You’re going to have unbelievable opportunities in the next couple of years. There’s a lot of dispersion within industries, and just make sure to preserve your capital until they present themselves,” he says.

His family office is long on Microsoft and AI chipmaker Nvidia, which Druckenmiller suggests looks all but recession-proof given its leverage to the AI revolution.

“I actually think there is a very, very real possibility it could be every bit as impactful as the internet.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

MrRomper

Regular
Very true! And Betamax is not the only business that failed despite being better, so I am have no doubt the clever heads we have at BRN know this better than anyone.

I am also still very much convinced about our product and keep adding more stock when I can. But like many have said here, it would be great to see some traction, or at the very least a more realistic time frame. 2022 came and went and it seems so might 2023. Maybe AGM will yield some big champangne popping moments... And yes yes yes SP is not an indicator of success at this point in our journey.

Either way lets hope we soon see what we all know can be true..... Akida Everywhere... on the bus, the rocket, the moon and my pocket (new phone anyone?).
FL. Just following on from your comments in relation to Betamax. We as Brainchip have competition and it was highlighted by our Chairman at last years AGM. See below.
1683694364112.png

I also included the second paragraph as it is very important about listening to our 'Partners and industry'! This is seen in the improvements or additions to AKD1000.

Onwards and upwards.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
FL. Just following on from your comments in relation to Betamax. We as Brainchip have competition and it was highlighted by our Chairman at last years AGM. See below.
View attachment 36162
I also included the second paragraph as it is very important about listening to our 'Partners and industry'! This is seen in the improvements or additions to AKD1000.

Onwards and upwards.
Thanks El Romps!

Hopefully this is us with ARM/Intel Foundry/Megachips/Renesas and co...

1683695646758.png

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

manny100

Regular

I am backing in 2024 for meaningful revenue. But as we get closer a 'whiff' of success will fuel market expectations sometime this year should flow through to the SP.

BaconLover

Founding Member
refugees, we want to stop climate change, we want to save animals from extinction AND Russia wants to take over Ukraine (the breadbasket of Europe). Then there are heat pumps, solar and wind power. Animals, i.e. protection of species! All of this is really a reason why some people don't invest in stocks at the moment!

With due respect Sirod69, No.
These aren't the reasons people aren't investing money in stocks.

Increasing debts.
Interest rate hikes.
Inflation rate rises.
Increasing Property rates and rent rates.
Pressure on common man and woman to sustain livelihood while the beaurocrats and politicians divide and rule the unaware public.

There are many other reasons but climate change isn't why people aren't spending money on stocks.
- Animal extinction isn't why people aren't spending money on stocks.
- Russian "invasion" isn't why people aren't investing in stocks. (USA has been conquering and destroying/bombing nations for decades, stock markets have done fine).
- Climate change isn't a reason for investors to stay away, climate has been changing on earth for billions of years, no one can stop it.

BRN share performance has got nothing to do with these, I know these reasons will be shown to justify the poor performance, but many companies have done fairly well over the last couple of years, so let's not make excuses here.

My opinion only and apologies if it's different to yours.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom