BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

So all hype and nothing more than usual? Just woke up and haven't watched presentation yet. But based on comments here, seems not much news or rocket fuel was provided.

Guess the moon and retirement have to wait another week ;)
I’m thinking about ordering my coffin just in case

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I think we have all been patient, some more than other (I have only been here for roughly 3 years, so a week really compared to some)...

Will definitely watch the presentation.
It was very clear and precise as to what the potential and scale of possibility is.. Most shareholders are just wondering how long the lag will be to commercial success and if indeed BRN does become the first mover.. We wait..

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Our Edge Impulse friends are spreading their wings....

Larry

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
It was very clear and precise as to what the potential and scale of possibility is.. Most shareholders are just wondering how long the lag will be to commercial success and if indeed BRN does become the first mover.. We wait..
But last year was this year is our year :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

rgupta

Regular
A few takeaways from the presentations
1.Arm is a firm believer of our technology that is why they let us use their platform.
2. Brianchip was presenting on arm platform that means they were not meant to provide more details than they agree with arm. e.g there was no emphasis on power savings even when it is one of our sale pitch.
3. I take it as best thing to market yourself than anything more than that and that is why Nandan as CMO was in charge from brn prospective.
4. There was a lot of hype created which was unreasonable. Especially when you look at the previous such talks it was easy to understand what can be expected and same was there.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
D

Deleted member 118

A few takeaways from the presentations
1.Arm is a firm believer of our technology that is why they let us use their platform.
2. Brianchip was presenting on arm platform that means they were not meant to provide more details than they agree with arm. e.g there was no emphasis on power savings even when it is one of our sale pitch.
3. I take it as best thing to market yourself than anything more than that and that is why Nandan as CMO was in charge from brn prospective.
4. There was a lot of hype created which was unreasonable. Especially when you look at the previous such talks it was easy to understand what can be expected and same was there.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
That will come when BRN meet the requirements of a Nasdaq listing:

- can have no single nett loss in the prior three years..

If BRN meets that criteria with 100 staff, it’s revenues will have to be in the tens of millions minimum to achieve that.. Therefore you can shelve that idea based on a 4C with $40k for the qtr and a loss of $22million last year..
This is not correct at all.

MYQ (now AHI) dual listed a large loss making company with, at the time, I would hazard a guess had 10 employees.

I remember reading about how they did it and it made sense at the time but I can't seem to find the information right now. I'll try again later.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

IMG_9182.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

charles2

Regular
Published by Nate Nead at January 3, 2022

The NASDAQ is the second-largest stock exchange by market cap in the world. As an American exchange, it has listed over 3,100 companies with average daily share trading volume at over two billion. NASDAQ has handled more IPOs than any other exchange. Since 2000, NASDAQ boasts over 1,000 Initial Public Offerings. What follows is a brief description of what NASDAQ is and what it takes to be listed on that exchange.
Contents [hide]

What is the NASDAQ acronym?​

It’s an acronym for National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations.

What are the rules to be listed on NASDAQ?​

To be listed on the NASDAQ exchange and reporting system, the following requirements:
  • Shareholders Equity of at least $2,000,000
  • At least 100,000 shares of public float
  • A minimum of 300+ shareholders
  • Total assets of $4,000,000
  • At least two market makers
  • $3 minimum bid price of the company stock
  • Public float market value of $1,000,000

Very easy for Brainchip to list on NASDAQ. Need to comply with corporate governance requirements, minimum share price (reverse split) etc but that would be a no brainer for >$500m USD market cap.

Consider all the Biotech companies that raise money in the market with no prospects for revenue for years.

Brainchip needs visibility and a platform to to demonstrate their wares. Obviously ARM, EdgeAI etc help in the tech world but for investors in Europe and the US......a 40 cent stock on the ASX ensures invisibility.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users
This is not correct at all.

MYQ (now AHI) dual listed a large loss making company with, at the time, I would hazard a guess had 10 employees.

I remember reading about how they did it and it made sense at the time but I can't seem to find the information right now. I'll try again later.
Maybe there were companies that found loopholes or entries for short periods of time, however, there's no value in a Nasdaq Index listing until the company fundamentals are stronger and more sustained.

If you think the ASX shorts are impinging on the BRN share price, with the same current fundamentals, the US market would absolutely slaughter the BRN share price based on the evidence and predominance of shorting there.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
I would say if the customer has to identify all the IP providers in a product and pay them separately, it will be a nightmare. Most likely customer pays ARM and ARM pays all the IP providers for the product and the ip providers will pay any ip providers they used themselves.
My take is that Akida is likely to be similar to a "dealer fitted option" when you buy a car. If the dealer's customer decides they want that particular extra then its included by the dealer (ARM) and the supplier (BRN) gets paid. No need for a license agreement per se just a royalty stream flowing from the end customer to the dealer (ARM) and then on to the supplier (BRN).

However, I could be completely wrong so make sure you DYOR.

Reactions: 8 users

charles2

Regular
Maybe there were companies that found loopholes or entries for short periods of time, however, there's no value in a Nasdaq Index listing until the company fundamentals are stronger and more sustained.

If you think the ASX shorts are impinging on the BRN share price, with the same current fundamentals, the US market would absolutely slaughter the BRN share price based on the evidence and predominance of shorting there.
Shorters are likely the same in all western markets. Having a platform to inform tech investors that a company is a publicly listed company on the most liquid and widely recognized exchange is a plus. A big plus! That means NYSE or NASDAQ. Especially for tech companies. That is where the action is.

All the investor meetings, or even tech meetings like today's with ARM flop for likely investors when they find out the main exchange is in Australia. Really not many are going to jump through the hoops to set up an account and invest there. Yes I know that there are other exchanges where shares can be purchased but these are so illiquid that they dampen even the most fervent investor.

With me being an exception. Ugh.

What do you think ....when a company with a potent product that has world wide appeal....what percentage of them think list ASX first or even second I'll round it off....almost none. NONE.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Keeping an eye on Morse Micro!

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home​

• By Michael De Nil
  • May 05, 2023
From those early, high-pitched days of dial up, to the impending arrival of Wi-Fi 7, connectivity is changing… particularly in the Wi-Fi department.
Since its debut in 1997, the IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi standard has steadily improved to deliver higher bandwidth, maximum throughput and more frequency bands. As a result, Wi-Fi is one of many wireless protocols used extensively across the globe, embraced by consumers and enterprises alike. It has become a key standard for driving innovation, business, education and healthcare and is the foundation for countless IoT applications including smart homes, wearables, smart factories, building automation, smart city infrastructure and more.

With such wide adoption comes a new and unique set of challenges including demand for ultra-low power, long-reach, and secure connections for IoT applications. The Wi-Fi Alliance’s introduction of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED HaLow product certification program in 2021, was a major inflection point for IoT ecosystems, providing a new protocol alternative for smart home devices.
Wi-Fi HaLow a Game Changer for the Smart Home
Wi-Fi HaLow is a game changer for IoT applications that require a combination of long reach, low power, high data rates, high network capacity, and advanced security. This next-generation Wi-Fi protocol is poised to expand IoT connectivity options for consumers looking to manage their IoT devices and smart home networks. Wi-Fi HaLow will prove similarly beneficial to service providers. Here are several trends we can expect to see soon.
Wi-Fi 7 mesh access points with Wi-Fi HaLow. Wi-Fi provides reliable connectivity for devices near the router, even for bandwidth-hungry use cases like video conferencing, gaming, and virtual reality. One challenge, particularly for larger homes is full-property coverage.
Today’s best Wi-Fi 6E mesh access points struggle to reach locations outside of the home such as front gates, secondary dwellings, and outdoor video cameras. In these scenarios, Wi-Fi HaLow can be used as a longer-range backup link to extend the range of mesh access points.
Many mesh routers shipping today are reconfigured multiple times a day, and many use the same radio link for data communication and configuration. A key benefit of using a separate radio, such as Wi-Fi HaLow, is it can simplify configuration and improve network reliability.
Wireless access points can extend a network’s wireless coverage and increase the number of users that can connect to the internet. Adding Wi-Fi HaLow to access points will open possibilities to connect hundreds and even thousands of Wi-Fi HaLow-enabled IoT devices and create networks that can connect to anything across long distances.
As the market for low-power, long-reach IoT devices continues to expand, the demand for Wi-Fi HaLow-enabled access points will grow with it. As a result, we can expect leading service providers to begin adding Wi-Fi HaLow radios to their hub and access point products targeting home consumers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
And another one...

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home

Page 2 of 2

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home​

• May 05, 2023
Wi-Fi HaLow IP cameras. The smart home security market is booming. One study projects 120 million home cameras will be purchased in 2023 alone. Another survey found that a majority of home camera owners check footage via smartphone daily. There is a growing demand for wireless home security cameras, and consumers require these systems to be dependable and easy to install.
Most purchasers expect wireless cameras to work out-of-the-box, but the layout of every home is different, which can cause set-up challenges. Rather than relying on wired power supplies or larger batteries, consumers may opt for the convenience, efficiency, and affordability of a longer-range wireless network, such as Wi-Fi HaLow.

Wi-Fi HaLow’s sub-GHz frequency and narrower channels allow reliable wireless connections up to 10 times farther than conventional Wi-Fi, at the same transmitter power levels. Wi-Fi HaLow-based cameras continue to send video at longer distances while traditional Wi-Fi cameras often lose their connections. For these reasons, Wi-Fi HaLow cameras provide a good fit for home security systems that require a combination of longer reach and low-power wireless connectivity.
Long-range access with Wi-Fi networks. Imagine paying a major service provider for internet access and then discovering that your monthly subscription also gives you free Wi-Fi access to any other subscriber’s router in the neighborhood.
You could use Wi-Fi to stream music on your phone during a morning jog, or any number of other use cases. Amazon Sidewalk does just that with a shared network that helps connected devices work better at home and beyond your front door. Sidewalk can unlock device benefits, support other Sidewalk devices in your neighborhood, and find pets or lost items.
It creates a low-bandwidth network with Sidewalk Bridge devices to share a small part of your internet, which is pooled together with neighboring connections to provide these services to you and your community. When more neighbors take part, the Sidewalk network becomes stronger.
The problem with Sidewalk? Nationwide coverage is limited, as is the Wi-Fi range of individual routers. So, the connection would be spotty at best. Users would practically have to stand outside someone’s front door with a laptop to do anything useful. But with Wi-Fi HaLow added to the network, a service provider could potentially offer customers longer-range Wi-Fi coverage as much as a kilometer away from a home router – across whole neighborhoods or cities. That’s an attractive capability for both service providers and their end customers.
The Future of Connectivity
Todays and tomorrow’s vast connectivity options and smart home possibilities are endless. We’ll see smart, connected devices we trust physically interacting with our digital world, enriching our lives, and freeing everyone to focus on what matters most. This vision marks the beginning of a new era of Wi-Fi connectivity for the IoT that promises to be more transformative than any that came before it.
  • About the Author
Michael De Nil is the CEO and Co-Founder of Morse Micro.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning all,

I thought that the tech talk was excellent, Nandan speaks very clearly and deliberately in an attempt to get his message out as
clear as possible, and that's part of his job in Marketing, communication is key, shutting down misconceptions and/or misunderstandings
that could throw a potential client off in engaging with us in the first place and unintentionally telling his network of friends, hence spreading
misinformation about our Akida suite of products.

A number of posters on this forum have once again packaged this webinar up into the "nothing new to see" category, lets be clear here,
this webinar was targeted at developers, companies in or looking at getting into the AI product development space, not Australian Mum
Dad investors wanting to hear that revenue is flowing in and we've just signed Samsung so the share price will burst through the $2.00
mark again in 5 trading days !

Our exposure has never been this engaging before, all the different departments within the Brainchip organization are working hard, all
with the same team goal, to spread the message, to deliver brilliance to current and future clients, to make the ease to market as uncomplicated as possible.

Some companies have already met us at the intersection, others may be 3/6/9/12 months away from that same point on the road, but once our
paths intersect, well, "once you're in, you're in for generations".

Rob spoke great as well..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards....Tech :geek:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Great presentation by the team and good response to Q&A, it was recorded so will be available later to review.

I don't know why I was thinking we would get to see a live demo of a product incorporating ARM Cortex and Akida.
A static presentation was once again showing us what we already know, AKIDA is agnostic, it touches on all sensory faculties and is more efficient on many fronts than other related processes.

My two favourite slides

View attachment 36116
View attachment 36117

I still don't understand how the $ come when one company goes through this process and decides to volume produce a product incorporating an ARM cortex M85 WITH akida IP
Will ARM pay the IP License on the customers behalf or will the company pay ARM and BRN directly for each part of the product?

Not sure this will support the SP tomorrow. Although I'm very surprised after 40k in the last report we held up so well :)
Yes - I was also hoping for a bit more on the capabilities of Akida and M85.

As for $, the likely arrangement is that the customer will license the ARM IP and the Akida IP separately, although the companies may work out a system for collecting the money - joint bank account?

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Shorters are likely the same in all western markets. Having a platform to inform tech investors that a company is a publicly listed company on the most liquid and widely recognized exchange is a plus. A big plus! That means NYSE or NASDAQ. Especially for tech companies. That is where the action is.

All the investor meetings, or even tech meetings like today's with ARM flop for likely investors when they find out the main exchange is in Australia. Really not many are going to jump through the hoops to set up an account and invest there. Yes I know that there are other exchanges where shares can be purchased but these are so illiquid that they dampen even the most fervent investor.

With me being an exception. Ugh.

What do you think ....when a company with a potent product that has world wide appeal....what percentage of them think list ASX first or even second I'll round it off....almost none. NONE.
Your point is a good one as was Sera. I just think that there is awareness now in the industry about Akida and Brainchip where it matters through its ecosystems.

The value for its shareholders will come through its earnings and growth as a company, but they're not there yet, and I see a Nasdaq listing in the short term to get more eyes and investors now as putting the cart before the horse.

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom