BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Video posted 4 days ago with Reinhard Keil from Arm. Check out about 36 minute mark where he discusses Arm Cortex M-based MCU's including where he mentions Renesas with M-85 "knocking on the door" as popular parts for the future.

Transforming Embedded Development​

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

mcm

Regular
ROFL I said no more, then just bought another 19k worth. I'll be honest and say, they are not likely to be long term hold more mid term end of year stuff. Well, we'll see :)
I bought more today as well. AKIDA validated by ARM? ... doesn't get much better than that.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Video posted 4 days ago with Reinhard Keil from Arm. Check out about 36 minute mark where he discusses Arm Cortex M-based MCU's including where he mentions Renesas with M-85 "knocking on the door" as popular parts for the future.

Transforming Embedded Development​

Sorry I should have included this as well because it's all interrelated.

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 4.06.16 pm.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Rach2512

Regular

Sorry not sure if already posted, news is spreading about the Tech Talk

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

manny100

Regular
Obviously ARM will not commit to using AKIDA at the 'Tech Talk' but if they say how good it is, compatibility, what they can do with the addition of AKIDA blah, blah the market should be able to read between the lines.
This is a great tool to give the market an 'its getting closer' feel'.
Markets move on expectations - they look forward.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

manny100

Regular
No doubt we will see some quick fire posts during/after the session. Hopefully anyway. On hols in Bali ATM so screen time a little limited.

Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Obviously ARM will not commit to using AKIDA at the 'Tech Talk' but if they say how good it is, compatibility, what they can do with the addition of AKIDA blah, blah the market should be able to read between the lines.
This is a great tool to give the market an 'its getting closer' feel'.
Markets move on expectations - they look forward.
To give a convincing demonstration, they will probably show real life applications, rather than just fps etc., with M85 running some application software.

Perhaps they will give some performance figures for use of Akida 2 with M85 and, say, Prophesee or a LiDaR system running with some navigation software on M85 ... or vibration detection with M85 responding to the Akida classification ... or more exotic applications involving TeNNs/ViT. By moving TeNNs to the Akida software, it may be possible to run much more complex applications on an MCU than was previously possible because such functions take up too much processing power when done in software.

Less than half a sleep to find out ...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Diogenese

Top 20
To give a convincing demonstration, they will probably show real life applications, rather than just fps etc., with M85 running some application software.

Perhaps they will give some performance figures for use of Akida 2 with M85 and, say, Prophesee or a LiDaR system running with some navigation software on M85 ... or vibration detection with M85 responding to the Akida classification ... or more exotic applications involving TeNNs/ViT. By moving TeNNs to the Akida software, it may be possible to run much more complex applications on an MCU than was previously possible because such functions take up too much processing power when done in software.

Less than half a sleep to find out ...

You have successfully registered​

Please check the confirmation email sent to ****
Topic
AI at the Edge: Going Cloudless with Arm and BrainChip
Date & Time
Selected Sessions:
May 10, 2023 01:00
Description
This Tech Talk will highlight the ease of deploying best-in-class power efficient AI combining BrainChip's Akida Neuromorphic AI Accelerator with the Arm Cortex-M family., including the Arm Cortex-M85. The presentation is designed to showcase the disruptive potential of the technology combination, including a look at the 2nd generation of Akida to create compelling, cloudless Edge AI solutions for advanced vision, video object detection and vital signs prediction, that weren’t possible before. This talk is part of the Arm Tech Talk Series: https://www.arm.com/techtalks Arm will process your information in accordance with our Privacy Policy: https://www.arm.com/company/policies/privacy.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

With the Arm talk due out in a few hours I’m expecting a massive amounts of shorts to be taking out for tomorrow’s trade, but I hope I’m

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

You have successfully registered​

Please check the confirmation email sent to ****
Topic
AI at the Edge: Going Cloudless with Arm and BrainChip
Date & Time
Selected Sessions:
May 10, 2023 01:00
Description
This Tech Talk will highlight the ease of deploying best-in-class power efficient AI combining BrainChip's Akida Neuromorphic AI Accelerator with the Arm Cortex-M family., including the Arm Cortex-M85. The presentation is designed to showcase the disruptive potential of the technology combination, including a look at the 2nd generation of Akida to create compelling, cloudless Edge AI solutions for advanced vision, video object detection and vital signs prediction, that weren’t possible before. This talk is part of the Arm Tech Talk Series: https://www.arm.com/techtalks Arm will process your information in accordance with our Privacy Policy: https://www.arm.com/company/policies/privacy.
Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 5.33.36 pm.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Reactions: 2 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
BRN headquarters tomorrow.

Where I Go Music Video GIF by OneRepublic

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Will be interesting to see just what garbology "twatly fools " say about it. Vlad

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
I used to get excited about events such as these…can we all remember the excitement around the big reveal with valeo and it was something like an electric bike???
Agreed it’s awesome that Arm with be showing Akida wares…just pls don’t be too disappointed if 5/8 of F all comes out of it, especially those who want to have a whinge about SP! We haven’t had any price sensitive announcement in relation to this, so I’m not expecting much from the tech event tonight.
In saying that, it’s still bloody exciting and some great exposure for us.
Cheers and Akida ballista

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 43 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hi All,

Enabling Ultra-Low Power Edge Inference and On-Device Learning with Akida​

Date: Tuesday, May 23
Start Time: 4:50 pm
End Time: 5:20 pm

The AIoT industry is expected to reach $1T by 2030—but that will happen only if edge devices rapidly become more intelligent. In this presentation, we’ll show how BrainChip’s Akida IP solution enables improved edge ML accuracy and on-device learning with extreme energy efficiency. Akida is a fully digital, neuromorphic, event-based AI engine that offers unique on-device learning abilities, minimizing the need for cloud retraining. We will demonstrate Akida’s compelling performance and extreme energy efficiency on complex models and explain how Akida executes spatial-temporal convolutions using innovative handling of 3D and 1D data. We’ll also show how Akida supports low-power implementation of vision transformers, and we’ll introduce the Akida developer ecosystem, which enables both AI experts and newcomers to quickly deploy disruptive edge AI applications that weren’t possible before.

Track​

Session Speakers​

• nayampally_brainchip-1.jpeg

Nandan Nayampally

Chief Marketing Officer, BrainChip
    Nandan Nayampally is an entrepreneurial executive with over 25 years of success in building or growing disruptive businesses with industry-wide impact. Nandan is an industry thought leader in the world of AI, most recently at Amazon leading the delivery of Alexa AI tools for Echo, Fire TV and other consumer devices. Prior to that he spent more than 15 years at Arm, including roles as GM developing Arm’s CPU and broader IP portfolio into an industry leader that is built into over 100B chips. He started his career at AMD on their very successful Athlon processor program. He also helped grow product lines in start-up businesses such as Silicon Metrics and Denali Software, which later had successful acquisitions. Nandan has a BTech in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai and an MA in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hi All

I was just checking out the embedded vision summit that BrainChip is speaking at on 23rd May & noticed Jae-sun Seo - Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at Arizona State University is speaking about SNN.

Efficient Neuromorphic Computing with Dynamic Vision Sensor, Spiking Neural Network Accelerator and Hardware-Aware Algorithms - 2023 Embedded Vision Summit

Efficient Neuromorphic Computing with Dynamic Vision Sensor, Spiking Neural Network Accelerator and Hardware-Aware Algorithms​

Date: Tuesday, May 23
Start Time: 12:00 pm
End Time: 12:30 pm

Spiking neural networks (SNNs) mimic biological nervous systems. Using event-driven computation and communication, SNNs achieve very low power consumption. However, two important issues have persisted. First, directly training SNNs has not yielded competitive inference accuracy. Second, non-spike inputs must be converted to spike trains, resulting in long latency. Recently, SNN algorithm accuracy has improved significantly, aided by new training techniques, and commercial event-based dynamic vision sensors (DVSs) have emerged. Integrating a spike-based DVS with an SNN accelerator is a promising approach for end-to-end, event-driven operations. We also need accurate and hardware-aware SNN algorithms that can be directly trained with input spikes from a DVS while reducing storage and compute requirements. In this talk, we’ll introduce the characteristics, opportunities and challenges of SNNs, and present results from projects utilizing neuromorphic algorithms and custom hardware.

Track​

Session Speakers​

• seo-asu.png

Jae-sun Seo

Associate Professor, Arizona State University
    Jae-sun Seo is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at Arizona State University and a Visiting Researcher at Meta Reality Labs. His research interests include efficient ASIC and FPGA hardware design of machine learning algorithms and neuromorphic computing. Before joining ASU, he worked at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center from 2010 to 2013. Dr. Seo was a recipient of the IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (2012), NSF CAREER Award (2017), Intel Outstanding Researcher Award (2021) and IEEE TVLSI Best Paper Award (2022). He has served on the technical program committees for many conferences, including the ISSCC, MLSys, DAC, DATE and ICCAD.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Bombersfan

Regular
I used to get excited about events such as these…can we all remember the excitement around the big reveal with valeo and it was something like an electric bike???
Agreed it’s awesome that Arm with be showing Akida wares…just pls don’t be too disappointed if 5/8 of F all comes out of it, especially those who want to have a whinge about SP! We haven’t had any price sensitive announcement in relation to this, so I’m not expecting much from the tech event tonight.
In saying that, it’s still bloody exciting and some great exposure for us.
Cheers and Akida ballista
Good post, this all has the pre 4c feels about it, when people were talking up all the millions that could be there but we’re never gonna be there then all the toys came out of the cot because they weren’t there. I fell for something similar before the ces this year. All the pre build up was great, I’m sure the demos were great, and was hoping for another “Mercedes moment” but nothing material.
ARM can/will be a game changing partner but it’s a tech talk, there’ll be some nice demos, it’ll be interesting and informative with talk of possibilities and potentials but there’ll be nothing material in this event. Very happy to eat humble pie tomorrow if wrong but I expect no change to current flat sp trend and think some expectations need to be tempered.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom