BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I'm not counting on the talk to affect the share price....it would be nice of course. However it may lead to some heretofore reluctant companies to openly commit to Akida/Arm.

ARM full stamp of approval must carry enormous weight in the decision/design process.
The SiFive/BrainChip partnership was announced a year ago, so maybe this will start an ARMs race - My BrainChip boost is bigger than yours.

Flex Logix = 20x power use cf Akida ...

The InferX IP was originally born when customers asked for a version of Flex Logix’s eFPGA optimized for DSP and AI—both workloads require a lot of MAC operations. Flex Logix co-founder Cheng Wang realized something different was required to compete with GPUs, and hatched a plan to aggregate MACs into tensor processors, Tate said. The result is a 64-MAC tensor processor that is more specialized than an FPGA, but with reconfigurable FPGA interconnect, so the compute is hard-wired, but maintains reconfigurability.
In terms of scalability, there is no upper limit to the number of tiles for AI, Tate added (DSP is limited by performance of the data converters used). However, most customer applications will fit into 8 tiles, which in TSMC 16 nm is 44 mm2 and draws about 8 W

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Akida, Alida, Aikido... Hey I'm all for inclusivity in employment, but perhaps the PR person with dyslexia in charge of press releases, reviewing partner announcements, checking CEO speeches and financial releases needs to be redeployed to another role? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular
Hi All,

Looking forward to hearing of more positive interactions between us and our partners late tonight (Perth time).

I personally don't believe this will be a platform to make joint announcements from, as in, an IP Licensing agreement, or
the imminent chip release, but would be very happy to be wrong.

It's the who's who, whose chosen to listen to this podcast, as that could well sway those individual companies to take the plunge
on a young company making waves, who wouldn't want to be linked to a World Leading Tech Company, with Aussie heritage :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Purely my own opinion, enjoy the tech talk.

Morning Tech :coffee:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Sweet!

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 12.12.49 pm.png

How Mercedes-Benz India is leveraging AI to make better luxury electric and connected cars​

In Mercedes cars, features such as ‘Hey Mercedes’ (voice assist), Active Break Assistance, gesture controls, etc. use AI to drive intelligent conversations with its customers, to remotely inspect/ diagnose their cars, hiring employees and more.​

Prerna Lidhoo

Prerna Lidhoo
  • Updated May 08, 2023, 3:33 PM IST
Mercedes-Benz and Google recently announced a long-term strategic partnership to accelerate auto innovation

Mercedes-Benz and Google recently announced a long-term strategic partnership to accelerate auto innovation
Mercedes-Benz India has the largest car park of ‘connected luxury cars’ with over 79,000 connected vehicles on the road, according to company data. It has not only recognised the future potential of artificial intelligence (AI) in the automotive industry but also started using AI-based technology in its cars as well as in production and enterprise operations. “Today, AI is like what super computers were in the1980s and 90s which makes them rare and famous. The future will be very dynamic as every smart phone becoming a supercomputer. To operationalise AI, there is a lot to be achieved by new generation workforce to make it verifiable in legal aspects,” Santosh Iyer, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said.
In the future, he added, AI will open doors of opportunities for data analysts and engineers who can channelize it to obtain maximum benefit for the business.

In Mercedes cars, features such as ‘Hey Mercedes’ (voice assist), Active Break Assistance, gesture controls, etc. use AI to drive intelligent conversations with its customers, to remotely inspect/ diagnose their cars, hiring employees and more.
“We have integrated AI in production, where we have a combination of smart manufacturing processes, connected systems and human skills. With data-driven decision-making, we aim to achieve higher efficiencies in production & supply chains. Recently, we have introduced AI in customer service where customers can consent to opt for ‘Telediagnosis’ on their Mercedes Me application. Once activated, it enables our service team to monitor the car’s condition perform a quick remote diagnosis to save valuable time for customers,” he added.

Get exclusive access to BT Multiverse.​

The automaker's luxury EV, the EQS 580, he adds, features the MBUX Hyperscreen which comes with 800 personalization options.
“Over 20 further functions, from active massage programme to birthday reminder, all are aided automatically through AI. There are multiple used cases that I can refer here, where AI kicks in with the touch of a button or a simple voice command,” he said.
The chassis of the EQS can be lifted to provide more ground clearance. “MBUX remembers the GPS position at which the user made use of the "Vehicle Lift-Up" function. If the vehicle approaches the GPS position again, MBUX independently proposes to lift the EQS,” he said.
According to Iyer, with autonomous driving advancing fast and connected car ecosystem becoming an accepted norm, future cars will become self-sufficient entities and a true human-like companion to users. Globally, Mercedes-Benz is the architect of its proprietary operating system Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS).

“MB.OS is a new purpose-built chip-to-cloud architecture that will be central to every future product, delivering exceptional software capabilities and delighting customers with its ease of use,” he said.
Mercedes-Benz and Google recently announced a long-term strategic partnership to accelerate auto innovation and create the industry’s next-generation digital luxury car experience.
“These new strategic collaborations will provide Mercedes-Benz customers embedded access to Google features and maps; further partnerships with key tech players in hardware and software will ensure and efficient development and rapid scaling,” he said.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All,

Looking forward to hearing of more positive interactions between us and our partners late tonight (Perth time).

I personally don't believe this will be a platform to make joint announcements from, as in, an IP Licensing agreement, or
the imminent chip release, but would be very happy to be wrong.

It's the who's who, whose chosen to listen to this podcast, as that could well sway those individual companies to take the plunge
on a young company making waves, who wouldn't want to be linked to a World Leading Tech Company, with Aussie heritage :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Purely my own opinion, enjoy the tech talk.

Morning Tech :coffee:
Hi Tech,

As you say it's probably too much to hope for that ARM will announce that all future ARM chips will include an Akida accelerator.

The purpose of the ARM talk seems to be to promote the compatibility of ARM chips and Akida.

But the recent announcement that ARM is going to produce a "more advanced processor not seen before" demonstrator chip. " ... this chip is expected to only be used to showcase what is possible..."
would be an opportunity almost too good to miss in showcasing ARM at its best.

https://au.pcmag.com/processors/99768/arm-to-manufacture-its-own-prototype-chips

ARM's in-house AI functions (Helium, Ethos) are already known, so, unless they have been upgraded, they don't seem to be candidates for the "more advanced" processor.

But ARM arm-in-arm with Akida akimbo - that's more advanced.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 80 users

jk6199

Regular
I have false hope of some type of announcement that actually gets released on the ASX and is price sensitive.

I have also had false hope of winning lotto for a long time too :(

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

ndefries

Regular
I think that ARM may be looking to partner up with chip maker. This will give them bigger profits. There could be some collaboration with a few companies that will develop new products to compete with the bigger player. IMO

Everything I read on Arm points to Softbank wanting to take a bigger peice of the pie. Why would they do an IPO what would 10 billion be used for? Something is in the works thats my suspicion.

BRN may be part of the puzzle why build a product similar to competitors if you can make a new product that blows those out of the water then investment is warranted.

Just my thought on ARM and were BRN technology can work. A company can change direction and all the x arm folk likely still have yarns with their mates at corporate. IMO
Softbank have over a 100B in debt. The money is definitely going to help with their interest bill i would say!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

GazDix

Regular
Just a comment on our team.

Remember since about a year ago (wow, it is hard to track time here at times!) Rob Telson has narrowed his sales role at the company to focus on only current relationships and partners and Chris Stevens is pursuing new signatures and partnerships.

Rob Telson also worked at ARM for many years and helped sell IP and chips before there.

Surely seeing he worked there before he knows how to dance with them to get the right deals? The only way I can't see this happening is that ARM are salty that he left ARM for Brainchip. But this is surely a long shot.

I am sure there is something big coming out soon, but the question is, what does it look like? But I don't have high hopes either.
It will fizzle out to nothing I am sure (jinxing myself too).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Quiltman

Regular
Just a comment on our team.

Remember since about a year ago (wow, it is hard to track time here at times!) Rob Telson has narrowed his sales role at the company to focus on only current relationships and partners and Chris Stevens is pursuing new signatures and partnerships.

Rob Telson also worked at ARM for many years and helped sell IP and chips before there.

Surely seeing he worked there before he knows how to dance with them to get the right deals? The only way I can't see this happening is that ARM are salty that he left ARM for Brainchip. But this is surely a long shot.

I am sure there is something big coming out soon, but the question is, what does it look like? But I don't have high hopes either.
It will fizzle out to nothing I am sure (jinxing myself too).

And don't forget the background of our chair .... talk about ex-ARM heavyweights.

1683600708112.png

1683600677722.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Kachoo

Regular
Softbank have over a 100B in debt. The money is definitely going to help with their interest bill i would say!
Agreed they do have debt and it needs to be paid.

I think there could be a huge potential to be first to market.

BRN real problem is not the product it's they are just too small to get the product pushed past the big guys to the consumers. Well lets say the big guys are not in a rush to deliver major improvements in chips just yet.

If BRN partnered with a company tgat had the finanacle resources then the adoption of Akida could be sped up.

If Arm can show some exciting product development comming to market and show future dollars why would you not do that when you listing an IPO you will get more value per share.

All just my opinion really.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Kachoo

Regular
20 million for arm to do something with Akida is peanuts for them. That's 66% of BRN bank role.

Reactions: 6 users

TECH

Regular
Hi Tech,

As you say it's probably too much to hope for that ARM will announce that all future ARM chips will include an Akida accelerator.

The purpose of the ARM talk seems to be to promote the compatibility of ARM chips and Akida.

But the recent announcement that ARM is going to produce a "more advanced processor not seen before" demonstrator chip. " ... this chip is expected to only be used to showcase what is possible..."

https://au.pcmag.com/processors/99768/arm-to-manufacture-its-own-prototype-chips

ARM's in-house AI functions (Helium, Ethos) are already known, so, unless they have been upgraded, they don't seem to be candidates for the "more advanced" processor.

But ARM arm-in-arm with Akida - that's more advanced.

Is there such a thing as "more vertical than vertical" ? cos that's where I believe we are heading (y)

We are getting ever so close to the mid-year point, could that be described as an inflection point where we are allowed to start
dancing on the table tops !

Sorry, my mind is wondering today :cool:

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Tech,

But ARM arm-in-arm with Akida - that's more advanced.

Hi Dodgy-Knees, I like it very much! I think we'll start with M and then we'll move into the A and R based MCU's shortly after IMO.

I find the word "combined platform" worth emphasising here as it relates to the Arm Cortex M family.🥳
Arm M pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 12.49.42 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 1.12.24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 1.48.44 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 1.14.37 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Hi Tech,

But ARM arm-in-arm akimbo with Akida - that's more advanced.

Agreed, though it might also be Arm flexing (pardon the pun) their latest processor / core iteration, but one can only hope. However, the wording in Arm's Tech Talk with Akida is (purposefully?) ambiguous, though I am inclined to believe that NN will just be demonstrating how easy it will be to use Arm's processors with Akida, not anything more.

P.S. "Akimbo" does sound like a good next misspelling candidate, I'd much prefer that to "Alida".

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Agreed, though it might also be Arm flexing (pardon the pun) their latest processor / core iteration, but one can only hope. However, the wording in Arm's Tech Talk with Akida is (purposefully?) ambiguous, though I am inclined to believe that NN will just be demonstrating how easy it will be to use Arm's processors with Akida, not anything more.

P.S. "Akimbo" does sound like a good next misspelling candidate, I'd much prefer that to "Alida".
Maybe Armkida

SC

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is the Sony 3D optical chip patent:

WO2022044553A1 SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE 20200831

1683605550133.png

Provided is a semiconductor device in which a plurality of semiconductor chips 160, 140, 130) are stacked, the semiconductor device having enhanced functionality while reducing manufacturing cost. The semiconductor chips include a light-receiving chip (130), a redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip (160), an intermediate semiconductor chip (140), a through-electrode (171), and redistribution wiring (141). The light-receiving chip receives incoming light. A wiring layer is formed on a predetermined wiring surface of the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. One of a pair of joint surfaces of the intermediate semiconductor chip is joined to the light-receiving chip, and the other is joined to the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. The through-electrode extends through a semiconductor substrate of the intermediate semiconductor chip. The redistribution wiring is wired on a wiring surface and connects the through-electrode and the wiring layer. ... The intermediate semiconductor chip 140 is provided with, for example, a memory for holding image data and a signal processing circuit for processing the image data.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

skutza

Regular
ROFL I said no more, then just bought another 19k worth. I'll be honest and say, they are not likely to be long term hold more mid term end of year stuff. Well, we'll see :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom