BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Remember who is BRN employers…….that’s us the shareholders.
I don't want to start any friction here, but please correct me if I've got this all wrong, so you go buy a couple of shares in a public listed company from your "super hero" account and you're now the company employers?

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Getupthere

Regular
I don't want to start any friction here, but please correct me if I've got this all wrong, so you go buy a couple of shares in a public listed company from your "super hero" account and you're now the company employers?
Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t employers decide whether or not an employee gets a bonus?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

Technically it is correct.

Shareholders own the company. The company should always be working in the shareholders best interests.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

Shareholders own the company. The company should always be working in the shareholders best interests.
Not to mention Superhero doesn't offer individual HIN via CHESS.
It was a snarky comment but not a clever one, since superhero hold the shares under their own HIN, so share holders who hold shares via Superhero, technically don't hold much. All's good until broker goes down, then without own HIN it could be a long road before getting those shares back and becoming company employers 😁 again.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Nice to see this guy retweet the Edge Impulse chat.

Screenshot_2023-04-30-17-58-41-59_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-30-17-59-10-62_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Deena

Regular
Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t employers decide whether or not an employee gets a bonus?
I don't think we are so much employers as silent partners. Our input is in terms of capital (through the shares we bought) and normally the professional managers are the ones that actually manage the company.

Goodness help us if a lot of the shareholders and or commentators on here (including myself) start trying to run the company. There may be times with some companies where shareholders need to interviene. With the talent we have at Brainchip I trust them entirely to steer the ship.

Yeah! I think I'll leave it to the actual management who know what they're doing to carry our company forward. I just feel happy and privileged to be a shareholder.
Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Kachoo

Regular

Yes every person that owns shares is a part owner of the company.

Peter and Anil own 15 or so percent of BRN. their vote on who gets bonuses will have more weight then yours or mine. But we do have a voice.

If you want a louder voice in the workings of the company you know what you need to do.

If you have a small parcel then your voice will be smaller but you can make it heard better by doing what you need to do to get a bigger voice.

So I'm not saying I agree with all the resolutions but I know if the board members and institution holders are happy this will pass. Pretty simple way to make your voice heard is buy buying more volume to your voice

If you buy enough shares in the company you could even make all the directors and management wear you favorite footy team jersey lol.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Mt09

Regular
Reactions: 9 users

GazDix

Regular
Was just in a boring data gathering mood, so just sharing a break down of the changes of the top 20 between the Feb and April (rounded numbers and short notes).

1. Citi up 3 million shares
2. PVDM (founder) - same
3. HSBC 1. Large sell off - 92 - 78 million (14 million)
4. Merril - up 1 million
5. BNP - up 5 million
6. JP Morgan - down 4 million
7. BNP - down 1 million
8. LDA - down 17 million
9. HSBC 2. Same
10. National Nom - same.
11. Paul (retail) - down 1.8 million
12. BNP up 500k
13. Coss - same.
14. Osserian Fam - up 1 million shares (this is interesting).
15. HSBC 3. GONE from the list. How much did they sell? Could up 1 million or over.
16. Lou Di Nardo (former CEO) - same.
17. Jeff (retail) - same.
18. Certane - up 400k
19. Dave (retail) - same.
20. Superhero (new comer).

My little take-aways:
> 3 out of 4 Institutions in the top 5 added to their holdings.
> HSBC 1. had nearly a larger sell off than LDA with 14 million shares down. Together they sold 31 million shares.
> Retail are down overall.
> Out of 14 institutions on the list, 6 added, 3 didn't change their holdings and 5 sold down.
> Total top holdings was 768 million shares in April compared to 792 million in Feb. So overall the top 20 have sold 24 million worth which is less than the LDA and HSBC sell off. Last year in October 777 million was the top 20, and in Jan early last year it was 750 million. Late 2021 was 650 million.
In recent history, this is the first time that the top 20 have not added to their overall amount of shares compared to us lowerlings (apart from Paul, Jeff or Dave if you hang out here).

Anyway, just sharing. Any other insights I might have missed?
Cheers all, to a good week ahead because I am sure we have reached rock bottom (but who really knows eh?)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 70 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

Hit the nail on the head there mate, the company is in my opinion, working in the best interest of its shareholders, but thanks for waying in and enlightening me @alwaysgreen, appreciate your unbiased commentary, if you and your buddy's think that the company is at anyway untoward, then go and start a dialog with Asic.

The actions of some here of late is reminiscent of a child in the school yard not getting their own way and having a hissy.

Sad Baby GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Director of content marketing edge impulse, I’d probably share stuff if I was being payed to do it. Just used his own account this time.

View attachment 35371
Yeah agreed re being paid to.

Way I think though, is doesn't have to use own account but bonus he has with exposure to followers from his TV hosting roles who may not even know of Edge Impulse let alone BRN.

Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Was just in a boring data gathering mood, so just sharing a break down of the changes of the top 20 between the Feb and April (rounded numbers and short notes).

1. Citi up 3 million shares
2. PVDM (founder) - same
3. HSBC 1. Large sell off - 92 - 78 million (14 million)
4. Merril - up 1 million
5. BNP - up 5 million
6. JP Morgan - down 4 million
7. BNP - down 1 million
8. LDA - down 17 million
9. HSBC 2. Same
10. National Nom - same.
11. Paul (retail) - down 1.8 million
12. BNP up 500k
13. Coss - same.
14. Osserian Fam - up 1 million shares (this is interesting).
15. HSBC 3. GONE from the list. How much did they sell? Could up 1 million or over.
16. Lou Di Nardo (former CEO) - same.
17. Jeff (retail) - same.
18. Certane - up 400k
19. Dave (retail) - same.
20. Superhero (new comer).

My little take-aways:
> 3 out of 4 Institutions in the top 5 added to their holdings.
> HSBC 1. had nearly a larger sell off than LDA with 14 million shares down. Together they sold 31 million shares.
> Retail are down overall.
> Out of 14 institutions on the list, 6 added, 3 didn't change their holdings and 5 sold down.
> Total top holdings was 768 million shares in April compared to 792 million in Feb. So overall the top 20 have sold 24 million worth which is less than the LDA and HSBC sell off. Last year in October 777 million was the top 20, and in Jan early last year it was 750 million. Late 2021 was 650 million.
In recent history, this is the first time that the top 20 have not added to their overall amount of shares compared to us lowerlings (apart from Paul, Jeff or Dave if you hang out here).

Anyway, just sharing. Any other insights I might have missed?
Cheers all, to a good week ahead because I am sure we have reached rock bottom (but who really knows eh?)
Great job @GazDix , I really appreciate your hard work.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hit the nail on the head there mate, the company is in my opinion, working in the best interest of its shareholders, but thanks for waying in and enlightening me @alwaysgreen, appreciate your unbiased commentary, if you and your buddy's think that the company is at anyway untoward, then go and start a dialog with Asic.

The actions of some here of late is reminiscent of a child in the school yard not getting their own way and having a hissy.

Sad Baby GIF
Huh? I never said they weren't. I just clarified your question.

As shareholders, yes we own the company.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Tata consulting is much bigger than I ever thought!!! 😳😳
TCS is enormous
Love the stat that only 5% of revenue actually comes from India!

• Fire

marsch85

Regular
Good afternoon,

The points you have raised I believe are fair.

" This copy and paste mentality is an insult to all BRN holders and needs to be corrected when the next 4C is released."

Yes, it does reflect a touch of laziness or arrogance, but I think in acknowledging your observation, I would like to say that
the companies position remains that very goal, as in, more of the same, the status quo hasn't changed.

I won't be attending this AGM in person, if Anil was attending I would have made a special effort, if Duy Loan Le attends make
sure you talk with her and welcome her to our company from a shareholders perspective.

The question I'd like to pose today is this, the bonuses that have been issued throughout the year or quarter, what milestone/s
were triggered to release these to the staff.

I have a pretty good idea and they aren't attached to any income (revenue) bearing performance to date, but more, what's been
created that holds the key to future revenue streams that we will all enjoy, the engineering staff, the research staff have all been
expanded upon, the work ethic is unrelenting, having a small team in comparison to other companies within this tech space, what
the Brainchip team has achieved to date, advancing our technical position in such a short timeframe is worth the rewards in my
opinion.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong here, but I don't recall the company issuing any facts as to what the confidential milestone/s the
staff concerned had to achieve, but clearly they have, I totally trust Peter and his judgement, if he believes that the bonuses were/are
warranted, well then, I sleep easy in knowing that to be a fair and reasonable decision that he and the Board have made.

My opinions only, yes that's correct, mine, I own the lot.

Tech (Perth) :)
As far as I understand the only condition for the “performance right” shares to be awarded to management is time. They vest every year over the course of multiple years. The name is quite misleading, but this type of share compensation is quite common in the tech sector to reduce cash burn and align executive incentives with shareholder interest.

Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Edge-Computing explained!

• Fire

Getupthere

Regular
I don't think we are so much employers as silent partners. Our input is in terms of capital (through the shares we bought) and normally the professional managers are the ones that actually manage the company.

Goodness help us if a lot of the shareholders and or commentators on here (including myself) start trying to run the company. There may be times with some companies where shareholders need to interviene. With the talent we have at Brainchip I trust them entirely to steer the ship.

Yeah! I think I'll leave it to the actual management who know what they're doing to carry our company forward. I just feel happy and privileged to be a shareholder.
Deena
Yes I agree let manager’s manage the company.

Every year we shareholder have the right to vote for or against regarding bonuses…..we need to make a decision if we believe our management team have met shareholders expectations…..
our expectations are based on the information that we have been provided.

The lack of information the past 12 months regarding progress towards new IP deals has been disappointing.

IP deals In my view is the only thing that matters for my vote at this time.

I’m not worried at this stage about the revenue or SP in the 30’s 40’s……that will sort itself out over time.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Attention all students! 📢 I'm excited to announce that BrainChip is launching a Summer Internship Program and I'm looking to hire talented interns for various projects. If you're interested in gaining valuable work experience in the exciting field of AI and programming, then this is the opportunity for you.

We have a number of projects available, some of which require AI expertise and others require strong programming skills in C++. If you're passionate about machine learning, computer vision, and neural networks, we have a project for you. If you're an expert in C++ and enjoy working on software development projects, we have projects for you too.

This is a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals in the field and learn from them, while also contributing to real-world projects that are making a difference. If you're interested, please reach out to me at nkotecha@brainchip.com with your resume and a brief introduction of yourself.

#hiring #internship #summerinternship #ai #softwaredevelopment #edgeai

• Fire
  • Wow

rgupta

Regular
Yes I agree let manager’s manage the company.

Every year we shareholder have the right to vote for or against regarding bonuses…..we need to make a decision if we believe our management team have met shareholders expectations…..
our expectations are based on the information that we have been provided.

The lack of information the past 12 months regarding progress towards new IP deals has been disappointing.

IP deals In my view is the only thing that matters for my vote at this time.

I’m not worried at this stage about the revenue or SP in the 30’s 40’s……that will sort itself out over time.
So anyone wants to raise question on someone's incentives ?
To me Sean deserves it, tech team led by PVDM and Anil deserve it, then there are in legal and administration. So everyone is important part of a good team. To me everyone deserves the incentives.
What I want company should be more transparent in their target process and should start providing us future looking statements than just copy and paste old statemen

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom