BRN Discussion Ongoing

Reactions: 7 users
This is just my opinion (which is usually pretty rainbows and unicorns and everyone should get along and hug it out).

This is a highly emotional time for everyone (or many, I should not generalise). From where I stand with an avg of 0.91, this current price sucks and the revenue from recent 4C does not help. My emotional reaction was one of "wtf" and many other unhelpful things.... My analytical side as a Project Manger (yes this does co-exists, next to uncicorns and utopian fantasies of everyone getting along) says nothing really changed.

However, attacking one another and name calling does not help in any way shape or form! It just brings this great community down and devalues the many hours and days that the top minds in here contribute with their knowledge and insights. Yes I, fully get not everyone will get along, but there is a difference between disagreeing and actively going out of your way to insult one another. I for one, don't like that part of this forum (or social media in general).

I also agree 40k is laughable and I would love to see a clearer path or strategy from management. But, I know that the team assembled at BRN are some of the brightest, many of whom have left big companies and been added to our ranks despite a sinking SP and very little revenue. Clearly they have seen behind the curtain and know what is comming. Just like Mercedes, Renesas, Tata, Megachips, ARM, Intel etc, those individuals would have done their due diligence and would likley not be associated with something that wont work or get off the ground and be succesful.

These are stressfull times, so first of all look after yourself!

And that folks, is it, happy Monday ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

Foxdog

Regular
Yeah you really shouldn't be posting BRN share price on BRN discussion thread.

Confused Gary Coleman GIF
Fair enough but that wasn't really my point anyway.

Diogenese

Top 20
I agree @Andy38

They’re a sleeping giant. And in reality they’re actually not sleeping but have recognised the value of SNN and working very hard to understand the technology.

If Tata chooses Brainchip to implement in their tech the implications should be enormous,

I am concerned they are trying to build their own version as they’ve been playing with ours for a while now; but I’m hoping our patents and owning the JAST rules prevent that!

Having working silicon and IP for Akida 1000, then AKD1500 and the next 3 x Gen 2 models in production gives us first mover advantage for adoption.

I will be thrilled to read when TATA sign an IP agreement as they will be massive!

Have a read of TATA’s views on SNN.

😀
Some of our patents are not filed in India, but, as someone pointed out, only 5% of Tata's income is derived from the Indian market.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Neuroboxt anyone?​

Spikes, 0’s and 1’s

Neurobotx is retrofuturistic, and so is neuromorphic computing. Also, we are techno-optimistic nostalgics and we like techno. The main advantage of neuromorphic computing stands in it's ANALOG, as opposed to digital nature. That's what generates the huge energy savings and the increase in speed. Computers were meant to be analog and neuromorphic since their very inception. So the retrofuturistic theme of neurobotx is about revisiting the most fundamental principles in computing, and bringing them back into the mainstream again: analog computing, energy efficiency, and going beyond the classical logic of 0s and 1s and get gradients instead, just like neurons when they spike. We are driven and inspired by Isaac Asimov's sci fi novels, flying cars, androids, robots and the 80s techno-optimism​

Theory is interesting, but I understand that analog doesn't scale as well as digital, so you can't go to very advanced process nodes with analog.

Further I imagine that it's harder to reproduce the exact states of an analog neural net?

----
Addition
Analog will probably be harder to integrate with other IP like the ARM M85, which is one of Brainchips core stenghts in a market with a diversity of edge solutions.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Hmmmm I'm here because I like to keep myself informed and like to see a little humor when I get up in the morning, I have no idea who you all already know from Hotcapper or something. It's a pity again, it's 2 a.m. for me and I'm going to sleep now. Who should I ignore and who says what here!!! Hello what happened to our forum? And if you are reading to the end now, please tell me a sensible page where I can follow the Australian course. Thank you!

Germany Yes GIF by PEEKASSO

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
My understanding from a email reply Tony Dawe sent to me nearly two weeks is he stated the following

All our directors will be in attendance at the AGM. Also attending will be CEO Sean Hehir, CFO Ken Scarince and myself

Based on current BRN directors as per BRN website then Peter should be there plus others as per attached
I hear on good authority that you maybe attending the meeting

Reactions: 1 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Was just in a boring data gathering mood, so just sharing a break down of the changes of the top 20 between the Feb and April (rounded numbers and short notes).

1. Citi up 3 million shares
2. PVDM (founder) - same
3. HSBC 1. Large sell off - 92 - 78 million (14 million)
4. Merril - up 1 million
5. BNP - up 5 million
6. JP Morgan - down 4 million
7. BNP - down 1 million
8. LDA - down 17 million
9. HSBC 2. Same
10. National Nom - same.
11. Paul (retail) - down 1.8 million
12. BNP up 500k
13. Coss - same.
14. Osserian Fam - up 1 million shares (this is interesting).
15. HSBC 3. GONE from the list. How much did they sell? Could up 1 million or over.
16. Lou Di Nardo (former CEO) - same.
17. Jeff (retail) - same.
18. Certane - up 400k
19. Dave (retail) - same.
20. Superhero (new comer).

My little take-aways:
> 3 out of 4 Institutions in the top 5 added to their holdings.
> HSBC 1. had nearly a larger sell off than LDA with 14 million shares down. Together they sold 31 million shares.
> Retail are down overall.
> Out of 14 institutions on the list, 6 added, 3 didn't change their holdings and 5 sold down.
> Total top holdings was 768 million shares in April compared to 792 million in Feb. So overall the top 20 have sold 24 million worth which is less than the LDA and HSBC sell off. Last year in October 777 million was the top 20, and in Jan early last year it was 750 million. Late 2021 was 650 million.
In recent history, this is the first time that the top 20 have not added to their overall amount of shares compared to us lowerlings (apart from Paul, Jeff or Dave if you hang out here).

Anyway, just sharing. Any other insights I might have missed?
Cheers all, to a good week ahead because I am sure we have reached rock bottom (but who really knows eh?)
Great run down @GazDix ...... Thanks for your efforts .... 👏👏

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Looks like the institution’s are still buying?

Attachments

• IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

TECH

Regular
Standby, things are certainly going to get interesting over the next 12 months, I find it rather intriguing all this recent chatter
again about takeovers, so speculative, but I know nothing.

This link may get some of you off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: enjoy....best wishes...Tech :sneaky:

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users
  • Fire
  • Thinking

SERA2g

Founding Member
As expected my response to you has been moderated. The original post was ambiguous, however I graciously admitted my error. Funny how you and the protected 20 or so who support you are able to get away with accusing other posters here but you instantly moderate those who have an opposing view. All I can now say is SP = 40.5c pathetic.
I didn’t see your first response, nor did I report it.

Report my post I’m sure it’ll be taken down, if not I guess you’re the only one that has an issue with it.

🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Foxdog

Regular
I didn’t see your first response, nor did I report it.

Report my post I’m sure it’ll be taken down, if not I guess you’re the only one that has an issue with it.

🤷🏼‍♂️
Nah, all good mate. Even if I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'll report your posts. I actually like to see different views here, find it educational, which I guess is what this little community is all about. I know we all want the same result in the end 👍

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

rgupta

Regular
I agree @Andy38

They’re a sleeping giant. And in reality they’re actually not sleeping but have recognised the value of SNN and working very hard to understand the technology.

If Tata chooses Brainchip to implement in their tech the implications should be enormous,

I am concerned they are trying to build their own version as they’ve been playing with ours for a while now; but I’m hoping our patents and owning the JAST rules prevent that!

Having working silicon and IP for Akida 1000, then AKD1500 and the next 3 x Gen 2 models in production gives us first mover advantage for adoption.

I will be thrilled to read when TATA sign an IP agreement as they will be massive!

Have a read of TATA’s views on SNN.

😀
As far as understands TCS is a software company which get best out of a hardware. They are more like edge impulse while edge impluse works model building TCS implement hardware installations for big companies.
Akida is a hardware and to make it operational and getting more out of akida, we need software and that is where TCS is master.
Tata's is a big group but I don't think they want to make their own hardware right now.
DYOR

Reactions: 3 users

suss

Regular
As far as understands TCS is a software company which get best out of a hardware. They are more like edge impulse while edge impluse works model building TCS implement hardware installations for big companies.
Akida is a hardware and to make it operational and getting more out of akida, we need software and that is where TCS is master.
Tata's is a big group but I don't think they want to make their own hardware right now.
DYOR
Yep, TCS is similar to accenture

Reactions: 3 users
DYOR

I hope you’re right @rgupta

Tata is described as an Indian multinational conglomerate with products and services in over 150 countries. With Operations in 100 countries.

Revenue $128B USD So they would be well resourced.

935,000 employees!
Just as I believe we have staff in France to work with Valeo I am hoping our Indian base is to work with Tata.

The information about Gen 2 is it was created in consultation with potential customers/EAP’s therefore it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to think that once it’s released after testing might reveal those customers as they come onboard!

😀

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

rgupta

Regular
Tatas have a lot of businesses. A few companies include TCS, Tata motors, Tata steel, Tata chemicals, titan, Tata hydro, air India, Indian hotels, tata hydro, and a lot more.
TCS is the biggest Tata company (market cap). TCS is attached to brainchip from the day when brainchip 1st demonstrated hand gestures by akida. Which means Tatas know brainchip much more earlier than anyone else. Whether they have an NDA with brn will only be known in future.
Planning a neurophonic chip hardware looks a bit distant to me but anything is possible in this world.
Dyor

• Fire

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
This two articles have lead me to think
Tata group will make their own chips in the near distance future.

Learning 🏖

Reactions: 9 users

Xray1

Regular
I hope you’re right @rgupta

Tata is described as an Indian multinational conglomerate with products and services in over 150 countries. With Operations in 100 countries.

Revenue $128B USD So they would be well resourced.

935,000 employees!
Just as I believe we have staff in France to work with Valeo I am hoping our Indian base is to work with Tata.

The information about Gen 2 is it was created in consultation with potential customers/EAP’s therefore it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to think that once it’s released after testing might reveal those customers as they come onboard!

😀
I am concerned that Tata maybe just using us to advance their own technological agenda.

I note that they continue to mention others in this space so as to keep imo all other parties technology at bay:
" The community is pursuing multiple sophisticated dedicated Neuromorphic hardware platforms such as: Intel Loihi, IBM TrueNorth, Brainchip Akida, SpiNNaker, DYNAPs to name a few."
I do not recall them ever saying or brandishing specifically that Brainchip is the best Neuromorphic technology currently commercially available ... like always DYOR

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom