BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I don't think we are so much employers as silent partners. Our input is in terms of capital (through the shares we bought) and normally the professional managers are the ones that actually manage the company.

Goodness help us if a lot of the shareholders and or commentators on here (including myself) start trying to run the company. There may be times with some companies where shareholders need to interviene. With the talent we have at Brainchip I trust them entirely to steer the ship.

Yeah! I think I'll leave it to the actual management who know what they're doing to carry our company forward. I just feel happy and privileged to be a shareholder.
Deena
The problem with the structure of the stock exchange is that, unless you take part in the IPO or buy options or take up a share offer, the money you spend buying shares does not go to the company. It goes to the shareholder from whom you bought the shares.

So, apart from any share issues, shareholders do not contribute to the company.

I think the system would work better if a (small) percentage of each share transaction went to the company.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Not sure if posted previously but I see a couple of our TCS friends are presenting a Neuromorphic tutorial at the following upcoming conference.

Can presume they are working with various neuromorphic offerings(?) and I found a statement (highlighted / underlined) re real market apps to be interesting :unsure:

2023 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing

Mon Jun 5, PM​

A Tutorial on Bio-Inspired Neuromorphic Computational Paradigms

Presenters
Manan Suri (IIT Delhi), Sounak Dey (Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.), Arun M. George (TCS Research & Innovation)

INTRODUCTION
Embedding intelligence at the edge has become a critical requirement for many industry domains, especially disaster management, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, surveillance, remote sensing etc. Classical Machine learning or Deep learning (ML/DL) based systems, being heavy in terms of required computation and power consumption, are not suitable for Edge devices such as robot, drones, automated cars, satellites, routers, wearables etc. which are mostly battery driven and have very limited compute resource. Inspired from the extreme power efficiency of mammalian brains, an alternative computing paradigm of Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) also known as Neuromorphic Computing (NC), has evolved with a promise to bring in significant power efficiency compared to existing edge-AI solutions. NC follows non-von Neumann architecture where data and memory are collocated like brain neurons and SNNs handle only sparse event-based data (spikes) in asynchronous fashion. Inherently SNNs are very efficient to understand features in temporally varying signals and is found to efficiently classify/process auditory data, gestures/actions from video streams, spot keywords from audio streams, classify & predict time series from different sensors used in IoT, regenerate temporal patterns etc. The community is pursuing multiple sophisticated dedicated Neuromorphic hardware platforms such as: Intel Loihi, IBM TrueNorth, Brainchip Akida, SpiNNaker, DYNAPs to name a few.
Moreover, ultra-advanced and futuristic nanoelectronic devices and materials are being explored to build energy efficient neuromorphic computers. So this domain, as well as this tutorial, lines in the intersection of Computational Neuroscience, Machine Learning and In-memory Neuromorphic Computation techniques.

RATIONALE AND STRUCTURE OF THE TUTORIAL
The ICASSP community is at the forefront of research in the domain of signal processing. Thus it is extremely relevant to conduct a tutorial on advances in the domain of Neuromorphic Computing at the forum. We are proposing two valuable cross vertical elements in this tutorial:

(i) Firstly, the proposed tutorial has been developed keeping both academic and industrial/application interests in mind. The speakers represent leading academic and industry research teams on the subject with several years of theoretical and applied experience on the topic. Over last few years, while solving customer requirements related to edge computing, TCS Research has successfully taken neuromorphic research to real market applications. At the same time, group at IIT-Delhi has contributed significantly towards development of cutting-edge neuromorphic hardware and memory-inspired computing.
(ii) Secondly, the proposed tutorial will not only cover foundational basics (i.e. algorithms, bio-inspiration, mathematics) of the subject, but will also delve in to real hardware-level implementation and actual application use-cases (such as gesture recognition in robotics, time series classification and prediction in IoT, continuous health monitoring, remote sensing via satellite etc.) as pursued in industry so far.

The tutorial is structured to cover all relevant aspects of SNN and NC as detailed below.

1. Biological Background, Software & Simulation of SNNs:
We will start the tutorial by giving a background of modus operandi of biological neurons, their equivalent computational models, spike generation process, synaptic weight updates and learning rules. Next, we will speak in detail about (i) existing software tools and SNN simulators, (ii) how to create a basic SNN, feed data into it and do a simple classification task, (iii) how to tune it towards better performance.
Speaker: Sounak Dey, duration: 50 minutes.

1. Neuromorphic Hardware Basics:
Second part of the tutorial will cover the basics of dedicated hardware approaches for implementing neuromorphic algorithms in real world. Key techniques will be bench-marked for their pros and cons. How specialized neuromorphic hardware can offer performance benefits will be discussed. The session will end with discussion of futuristic nanomaterials proposed for neuromorphic computation.
Speaker: Manan Suri, duration: 50 minutes.

1. Application & Implementation:
Third and final part of the tutorial will provide a detailed landscape of the applications that have been developed and tested so far using SNN and NC, including our own experiences. Aspects such as spike encoding techniques, conversion of ANNs to SNNs, FPGAs will be discussed.
Speaker: Arun George, duration: 50 minutes.

A flexible and interactive model of discussion and Q-A with the audience will be followed throughout the tutorial. Duration:10-30 minutes

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
I see recent article....

Infineon leads new research initiative for supercomputers in AVs​

March 1, 2023

Believe they been working / partnered with SynSense but musing, as we've had dots on Infineon previously, as to whether we get a look in sometime.

Didn't we just employ someone in Germany from memory? Maybe they need knock on Infineons door haha

Excerpt...

Infineon will co-ordinate a new research project in Germany based around the implementation of supercomputers in new, highly automated vehicles.

The project, called Mannheim-CeCaS (CentralCarServer), will ultimately work to develop a corresponding automotive supercomputing platform for these vehicles....

Application-specific hardware accelerators, and an adaptive software platform for autonomous vehicles, will complement these processors. Approaches for convolutional neural networks and event-driven neuromorphic accelerators will also be utilized. The necessary modifications of the on-board power network are to be taken into account, as well as an automotive-capable integrated circuit packaging.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Also just looking at the following report "sample" headlines.

Automotive Smart Cockpit Design Trend Report, 2022: 3D Unreal Engine Presents Lucrative Opportunities for Innovation

They obviously mention the EQXX as an example but I found the wording a bit diff to what I've seen previously.

When the EQXX and neuromorphic (Akida) has been discussed it was always quiet specifically bland on KWS. Nothing more nothing less though obviously KWS is part of HMI.

This from the report sample appears a little more all encompassing but maybe just reading too much into as a generalisation?

For example, in early 2022, Mercedes-Benz unveiled ISION EQXX, a new concept car that displays a new interior cockpit concept.....

As concerns HMI design, the system mounted on the car is structured along neuromorphic principles and adopts an intuitive working method that mimics the workings of the human brain.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Was just in a boring data gathering mood, so just sharing a break down of the changes of the top 20 between the Feb and April (rounded numbers and short notes).

1. Citi up 3 million shares
2. PVDM (founder) - same
3. HSBC 1. Large sell off - 92 - 78 million (14 million)
4. Merril - up 1 million
5. BNP - up 5 million
6. JP Morgan - down 4 million
7. BNP - down 1 million
8. LDA - down 17 million
9. HSBC 2. Same
10. National Nom - same.
11. Paul (retail) - down 1.8 million
12. BNP up 500k
13. Coss - same.
14. Osserian Fam - up 1 million shares (this is interesting).
15. HSBC 3. GONE from the list. How much did they sell? Could up 1 million or over.
16. Lou Di Nardo (former CEO) - same.
17. Jeff (retail) - same.
18. Certane - up 400k
19. Dave (retail) - same.
20. Superhero (new comer).

My little take-aways:
> 3 out of 4 Institutions in the top 5 added to their holdings.
> HSBC 1. had nearly a larger sell off than LDA with 14 million shares down. Together they sold 31 million shares.
> Retail are down overall.
> Out of 14 institutions on the list, 6 added, 3 didn't change their holdings and 5 sold down.
> Total top holdings was 768 million shares in April compared to 792 million in Feb. So overall the top 20 have sold 24 million worth which is less than the LDA and HSBC sell off. Last year in October 777 million was the top 20, and in Jan early last year it was 750 million. Late 2021 was 650 million.
In recent history, this is the first time that the top 20 have not added to their overall amount of shares compared to us lowerlings (apart from Paul, Jeff or Dave if you hang out here).

Anyway, just sharing. Any other insights I might have missed?
Cheers all, to a good week ahead because I am sure we have reached rock bottom (but who really knows eh?)
Great post @GazDix thanks for sharing 👍

Interesting the osserian clan have significantly increased their holding.......

Tick ......tock

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230501_065424_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230501_065147_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
BrainChip Discusses Embracing Disruptive Innovations with Technology Leader Geoffrey Moore on the Latest ‘This is Our Mission’ Podcast

Laguna Hills, Calif. – April 30, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, invites you to a conversation with organizational theorist, best- selling author and management consultant, Geoffrey Moore, on its latest “This is our Mission” podcast. He joins BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir to discuss the challenges facing large organizations when looking to adopt disruptive innovations. The podcast will be available May 2 at 3:00 p.m. PDT on BrainChip’s website and across popular podcast platforms.

Moore is an author, speaker and advisor who splits his time between start-up companies in the Wildcat Venture Partners portfolios and established high-tech enterprises including Salesforce, Microsoft, Autodesk, F5 Networks, Gainsight, Google, and Splunk. Moore’s life’s work has focused on the market dynamics surrounding disruptive innovations. Moore’s books include Crossing the Chasm, Inside the Tornado, the Gorilla Game and Zone to Win. Crossing the Chasm is a technology playbook which focuses on the challenges start-up companies face transitioning from early adoption to mainstream customers. Moore’s latest work, Zone to Win, addresses the challenge enterprises face when embracing disruptive innovations, and the importance of adopting when it is in their best interests to do so.

“One of the best parts about doing the ‘This is Our Mission’ podcasts is the opportunity to meet fascinating people and get their unique insights into innovative technology, and how this is changing the world at large,” said Hehir. “There are few people more fascinating than Geoffrey Moore. His vast knowledge in business-related experience, and his thoughts on the meaning of life, will help enlighten our listeners about how today’s technology advancements are driving rapid proliferation of increasingly intelligent devices and services.”

The “This is Our Mission” podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available here.

Screenshot_20230501_073337_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning 🏖

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
BrainChip diskutiert mit dem Technologieführer Geoffrey Moore im neuesten „This is Our Mission“-Podcast über disruptive Innovationen

Laguna Hills, Kalifornien – 30. April 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), der weltweit erste kommerzielle Hersteller von vollständig digitalem, ereignisbasiertem, neuromorphem KI-IP mit extrem geringem Stromverbrauch, lädt Sie zu einem Gespräch mit dem Organisationstheoretiker, Bestsellerautor und Unternehmensberater Geoffrey Moore in seinem neuesten Podcast „This is our Mission“ ein. Er trifft sich mit Sean Hehir, CEO von BrainChip, um die Herausforderungen zu erörtern, denen sich große Unternehmen gegenübersehen, wenn sie bahnbrechende Innovationen einführen wollen. Der Podcast wird am 2. Mai um 15:00 Uhr PDT auf der Website von BrainChip und auf beliebten Podcast-Plattformen verfügbar sein.

Moore ist Autor, Redner und Berater, der seine Zeit zwischen Start-up-Unternehmen in den Portfolios von Wildcat Venture Partners und etablierten High-Tech-Unternehmen wie Salesforce, Microsoft, Autodesk, F5 Networks, Gainsight, Google und Splunk aufteilt. Moores Lebenswerk konzentrierte sich auf die Marktdynamik rund um disruptive Innovationen. Zu Moores Büchern gehören Crossing the Chasm, Inside the Tornado, The Gorilla Game und Zone to Win. Crossing the Chasm ist ein Technologie-Playbook, das sich auf die Herausforderungen konzentriert, denen sich Start-up-Unternehmen beim Übergang von der frühen Adoption zu Mainstream-Kunden gegenübersehen. Moores jüngste Arbeit, Zone to Win, befasst sich mit der Herausforderung, der Unternehmen gegenüberstehen, wenn sie disruptive Innovationen annehmen, und wie wichtig es ist, sie zu übernehmen, wenn dies in ihrem besten Interesse ist.

„Einer der besten Aspekte bei den ‚This is Our Mission‘-Podcasts ist die Gelegenheit, faszinierende Menschen zu treffen und ihre einzigartigen Einblicke in innovative Technologien zu erhalten und zu erfahren, wie diese die Welt insgesamt verändern“, sagte Hehir. „Es gibt nur wenige faszinierendere Menschen als Geoffrey Moore. Sein umfangreiches Wissen in geschäftsbezogener Erfahrung und seine Gedanken über den Sinn des Lebens werden dazu beitragen, unsere Zuhörer darüber aufzuklären, wie die heutigen technologischen Fortschritte die schnelle Verbreitung immer intelligenterer Geräte und Dienste vorantreiben.“

Der Podcast „This is Our Mission“ bietet Zuhörern, darunter Benutzern, Entwicklern, Analysten, Fach- und Finanzpresse sowie Investoren, Einblicke in die KI-Branche. Vergangene Folgen finden Sie hier.

I was about to post too
Uh Huh Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Tomorrow we have Labor Day here in Germany, so it's a public holiday, I just wanted you to know that our stock exchange is closed, I'm curious what you make of it

curious cat GIF

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Tata consulting is much bigger than I ever thought!!! 😳😳
TCS is enormous
Love the stat that only 5% of revenue actually comes from India!

I agree @Andy38

They’re a sleeping giant. And in reality they’re actually not sleeping but have recognised the value of SNN and working very hard to understand the technology.

If Tata chooses Brainchip to implement in their tech the implications should be enormous,

I am concerned they are trying to build their own version as they’ve been playing with ours for a while now; but I’m hoping our patents and owning the JAST rules prevent that!

Having working silicon and IP for Akida 1000, then AKD1500 and the next 3 x Gen 2 models in production gives us first mover advantage for adoption.

I will be thrilled to read when TATA sign an IP agreement as they will be massive!

Have a read of TATA’s views on SNN.

😀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

Tech Alert: BrainChip Discusses Embracing Disruptive Innovations with Technology Leader Geoffrey Moore on the Latest ‘This is Our Mission’ Podcast​

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Dijon101

Regular

"to train a custom image classification model via transfer learning"

It talks of machine learning for "edge" devices.

Is this the deployment of our technology "under the hood" so to speak, of our technology?

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Zedjack33

Regular

Neuroboxt anyone?​

Spikes, 0’s and 1’s

Neurobotx is retrofuturistic, and so is neuromorphic computing. Also, we are techno-optimistic nostalgics and we like techno. The main advantage of neuromorphic computing stands in it's ANALOG, as opposed to digital nature. That's what generates the huge energy savings and the increase in speed. Computers were meant to be analog and neuromorphic since their very inception. So the retrofuturistic theme of neurobotx is about revisiting the most fundamental principles in computing, and bringing them back into the mainstream again: analog computing, energy efficiency, and going beyond the classical logic of 0s and 1s and get gradients instead, just like neurons when they spike. We are driven and inspired by Isaac Asimov's sci fi novels, flying cars, androids, robots and the 80s techno-optimism​

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom