BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deena

Regular
Spot the odd one out!
  • Is Brainchip meeting development timelines with the development of it’s technology?
  • Does the technology work in terms of efficiency, speed and fit for purpose?
  • Are any really big companies singing the praises of Akida and our IP?
  • Are any big foundries lining up production of chips including Brainchip’s technology?
  • Is the company pulling out all stops to present our products at relevant field events?
  • Is our technology well protected by patents?
  • Do we have any serious competition?
  • Do we have the talented staff to continue development and sales?
  • Is Brainchip’s long-term success assured (in your opinion and based on the evidence available)?
  • Is the share price booming to reflect the answers to the above?
Did you spot the outlier?

Now a few bonus questions. These ones might be a bit harder.
  • Can the company control what the share price is doing?
  • When will the company start to earn some serious income?
  • When will the next partnership or customer be announced?
Remember, wealth flows to the patient.
Deena

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

Newk R

Regular
Great post Tech - helps calm the nerves, including mine.

I think the big issue is not the paltry revenue but the creeping doubt that this company may not succeed and we will all lose our investment (not just paper losses but actual losses). Evidence presented by the company to confirm that there is market traction is needed - preferably sooner rather than later.
Spot on. But not "preferably" sooner, just plain old SOONER.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
D

Deleted member 118

Spot the odd one out!
  • Is Brainchip meeting development timelines with the development of it’s technology?
  • Are any big foundries lining up production of chips including Brainchip’s technology?
  • Is the company pulling out all stops to present our products at relevant field events?
  • Is Brainchip’s long-term success assured (in your opinion and based on the evidence available)?

Deena
I topped up today and I’m the most impatient person in this world, so that says it all.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Cardpro

Regular
Spot the odd one out!

Deena
It's odd that no one is putting money on where their mouth is... sure some of the above might be true, but Akida SoC was available for a while, yet we had a full quarter with cash inflow of 40k...

With all these new hires and expanding teams, we are seeing reduction in revenue but no explannation was given at all by the management... IMO

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Spot the odd one out!

Deena
1682655311540.png

6/13 maybe a few ???? could be pushed to a tick, but not definitively. So scrape in a pass mark. End of 2024 need to see multiple new license deals and at least some royalty revenue in Half Yearly's announced in Feb March 2025 or its a firm (n)(n)(n)(n) for good IMO

• Love

Iseki

Regular
A question for the AGM (barring any intervening godsend ):

The business of licensing IP is very hard to get started. The initial costs to the customer are substantial (licence fees, chip design, chip manufacture), even prohibitive for many. An earlier business strategy had been to sell the SoC for a modest price to ensure rapid disbursement of Akida in the market.

In order to improve the chances of early revenue, would the company revisit the SoC sale model, and also consider monetizing the Akida simulation software and model libraries?
? Didn't they awnser this already? They don't want to produce an SoC which contains Akida2, plus a CPU from Arm or SiFive, but will just produce an MCU containing Akida2 that you can control with other CPU's on the device.
It's a middle ground approach between producing the entire Akida1000, and licensing the IP and you build your own chip. Or do I have this wrong?

View attachment 35242
6/13 maybe a few ???? could be pushed to a tick, but not definitively. So scrape in a pass mark. End of 2024 need to see multiple new license deals and at least some royalty revenue in Half Yearly's announced in Feb March 2025 or its a firm (n)(n)(n)(n) for good IMO
Based on the evidence available the share price is booming IMO.
Who knows when these foundries will be lining up the production of chips? I would say Foundry singular if you call Renesas that.
Our tech is protected by patents to a point, but there are still many to be approved.
There is always competition, no matter what the company tells you. If there were no competition the market would be fully aware of this and value it significantly higher in a multi-trillion $ disruptive sector.
The company is doing its best clearly and will be judged as time goes on as it has been over the past 18 months, and prior.
Good luck to all. It is no laughing matter when people are losing millions of dollars on an investment..

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

hotty4040

Regular
Well I took advantage of it and brought some more
Where did you brought them to. I think you mean bought, i.e. purchased some more. IMO....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Labsy

Regular
Maybe your anticipating having some good news coming in before the upcoming AGM
No, not really... just anticipating the anticipation of revenue before Xmas, hence the anticipation that this could be the bottom and anticipating a slow steady increase to 65cents before next 4c....:p

• Thinking
D

Deleted member 118

Where did you brought them to. I think you mean bought, i.e. purchased some more. IMO....

That’s how us lunderers spell it lol

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Damo4

Regular
I can't see this mentioned yet but I fully understand the despair those feel towards the cash receipts part of the 4C.
I think the highlighted bits have now only just become "available" to the market, as they were not part of any ASX ANN's.
I think once the panic subsides, people will realise what's in front of them.

1682657645768.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

jk6199

Regular
Global head winds and companies being careful with expenditure.

Would it be good will by the company to delay the 8 million share plan & the commission of shares to them? Would they be able to have a special meeting at a later date when more is known for shareholders?

ATM, shareholders are trying to make a very important decision for the company and staff's renumeration with not much information on what targets have been met? I fully back the hard work of Brainchip, but with these global headwinds, does BRN have to be careful with their expenditure? I can see other peoples' frustrations coming through, some on here that have been staunch supporters of the company.

I for one, hope that BRN have wound back on the morning tea chocolate biscuits to a plain brand type to help out. I'm already in the dog house, already eating bake beans, but if this keeps up, I won't be able to afford the toast I'm putting them on :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

skutza

Regular
All I know is that people sold 16 million shares today so far and someone else bought them after open. The saying for every seller there is a buyer will always be true. We can say what we like as this is a forum, so I'm going to offend a few people here, hopefully dredbot doesn't grab me.

I believe some holders here don't understand how to invest or how to run a successful business. I believe that some here know how to see a stock go up, get interested and then complain when the SP goes down. I believe that some are trading this on a daily basis and are using this forum and more so, HCRAPPER to do their work.

I did the silly thing to give the HCRAPPER people their moment in the sun and had a peek. Words like, this is going to sink, Billion $ company $40k revenue? Nobody is buying this crap etc etc etc.

Did we see any announcements about revenue? Well, were is the surprise then? It really is that simple. No Ann about money, but we expect $$? The "people" pray daily that this will happen. But sitting at 40c still, everyone was telling us it was going to get smashed back to the teens?

Ok hang on, I wish i had a pony, I wish i had a pony....... nope, looks like I'm going to have to buy one! Willing it is great, but rarely does it get to reality. We currently have 2 companies that have a licence. One has said they are releasing a chip in 2nd half of 2023. Does that mean we get revenue in Jan-Apr 2023? They grabbed the deal in 23/12/20 The other, grabbed it on 21/11/21. Does that mean we get revenue and royalties straight away?

So let me get this right, 2 licences, one in late 2020 going to release in late 23. The other late 2021 and hasn't announced any product to date? But we are expecting the management to deliver massive revenue and royalties? err....ok right......

On the flipside of this, does Sean have a lot to answer for? Yes. Here's some PR advice for our CEO. As a young lad, I worked in FNQ as a Concierge at one of the biggest hotel chains. To all the porters and Guest relations I said, when someone asks for a taxi ask the company how long it will be and then add some time. If they say 5 minutes, make it 10, if they say 10, tell them 15. Why, because when that taxi comes in 5 minutes, it's now 5 minutes early, the guest is happy. When it comes 5 minutes late, well in the guests eyes, it was right on time and if it comes 5 min late, then that is acceptable in the guests eyes. Same with SH. If they (SH) are expecting revenue before the next AGM and it doesn't come, then expect a riot! Sean said watch the revenue and judge me at the next AGM. well Sir, you have to be careful what you say. This forum is very good evidence of that. You put something out there, then you'd better back it up. We have watched the Revenue, and many here and elsewhere will judge you. Good luck Mr Sean at the AGM, bring a helmet and put up a wire mesh fence!

(For those playing at home, caught some nice whiting this morning).

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

GDJR69

Regular
The 4C was not unexpected in my opinion.

There is plenty of reason to believe that there are customers and revenue in the pipeline but it turns out the pipeline is a little longer than we first thought. To me, with all we know about the technology, it is inconceivable that it won't sell sometime to someone and once it does I expect it will gain traction, especially given how versatile it is. I think one of the problems and sources of frustration here was the CEO's representation at the last AGM that he expected revenue by the end of 2022. People expected that and were disappointed. Had he not said that I'm not sure people would be quite so frustrated. But just because the revenue didn't materialise then doesn't mean it isn't coming.

On the issue of Mr Hernandez's share issue I don't believe we have been provided enough information about that. Who assumed the risk that the options would expire? Was there an agreement that was the company's risk? We aren't told that. But if there was no such agreement surely it was Mr Hernandez's risk. Furthermore, if there was a good reason to restore him to his pre-expiry position surely the remedy would be issuing him similar options, not shares. A risk of suing? Who knows what that risk might be but you don't deal with that risk by immediately paying out 100% of what that person is claiming and in fact he is getting more than that because he's getting shares not options. Also not sure how issuing shares to a departed director helps the company.

It's totally different with performance shares for existing board members and employees and I won't enter into the debate here about whether they should be given performance shares at the moment but we do need to attract and retain talent so making it worth coming to BRN and staying at BRN is important.

For what it's worth, they are my thoughts at the moment.

• Fire
Reactions: 34 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
40c......

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

mrgds

Regular
40c......
Yep, feelin sorry for anyone who sold way down at .35 this morning,
Theres now over 16mil on the buy side above .35
To me it shows just how much interest there is in BRN nowadays.

AKIDO :rolleyes: BALLISTO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dijon101

Regular
We're going green

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom