BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks tls,

I was hoping there might be some clues to secret projects.

1. Denoising acoustics/acoustic filters - could be hearing aids/ultrasonic parking?

2. Body pose, gesture model library - nViso, Masons, etc.

3. LiDaR

4. Software inferencing - MediaPipe is new " https://mediapipe.dev/ "

1682593043662.png

5. NN estimator/calculator - weighted & prioritized multi-variables - create model and compute power, area, size, compute, model size, performance

6. Predictive maintenance models with Edge Impulse

7. Tweaking models -

MediaPipe is a bit like nViso, but with a lot more facial data points.

The estimator/calculator is new to me.

Re 7, I think this could produce a new income stream, licensing model libraries adapted for Akida.

Other than that I think we've seen it before.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Frangipani

Regular
I’m not a fan of MB release advert for their new car. It’s a bit messy for me; but each to their own.

My attention was drawn to the conversation early on where they very briefly mention facial recognition to set up your driving profile. (At about 6.28 to go on the video).

Given Akida can do that well, on low power, 1 shot learning etc, and MB have already stated they are working with Brainchip; hopefully that is one of the new systems we are being used for along with sensors.

View attachment 35122

:)

What I find especially intriguing is the anti-distraction system using a tracking camera and an “advanced filtering system” to create a “visual shield” as described here for example:

“Mercedes has installed multiple safeguards to make sure E-Class drivers won’t be distracted by the passenger’s screen. The touch function of the screen is only activated if the sensors in the passenger seat detect an occupant; otherwise, it acts as a screensaver. Dual light control technology acts as a “visual shield,” making the passenger screen invisible to the driver, depending on what sort of content is being shown. That selfie camera tracks the driver’s eye movements, taking into account how often and for how long the driver looks over toward the passenger screen. The car can also automatically dim the passenger screen to make it less distracting to the driver while still being visible to the passenger.”

While a lot of people these days are enthusiastic about smart(er) cars boasting giant screens and ultra-modern entertainment systems, to me, advertised features such as an integrated TikTok app are mere gimmicks to appeal to a target audience that for the most part is much too young to drive, let alone afford such a car, and I am extremely worried about a further increase in driver-distracted accidents that have surged ever since smartphones became our constant companions and people started texting while driving. So I applaud carmakers’ efforts to try and come up with solutions for real life problems such as this innovation, although in the case of anti-distraction systems, it is of course the carmakers themselves aggravating the underlying problem by creating even more distraction in the first place.

On a side note, I wonder whether that passenger seat sensor can be tricked into falsely “believing” the seat is occupied when a heavy object is placed onto the seat, as there is apparently no AI camera involved detecting and confirming it is a human passenger?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

TECH

Regular
To think that we are only dealing with Mercedes Benz, would be a grave mistake.

Our technology has a great reach, no one company will have exclusive use of our IP, that point is beyond obvious.

No automobile manufacturer wishes to be left in Mercedes rearview mirror, this market is a lot bigger than just Mercedes Benz.

Expand your research horizons, we are/have been engaging with automobile manufacturers, yes plural, if Mercedes is having trouble
spitting out the words Akida or Brainchip, some other company will...this space is very active and fast moving.

My opinion only, yes that's right, my opinion only, thank you.

Tech ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What I find especially intriguing is the anti-distraction system using a tracking camera and an “advanced filtering system” to create a “visual shield” as described here for example:

“Mercedes has installed multiple safeguards to make sure E-Class drivers won’t be distracted by the passenger’s screen. The touch function of the screen is only activated if the sensors in the passenger seat detect an occupant; otherwise, it acts as a screensaver. Dual light control technology acts as a “visual shield,” making the passenger screen invisible to the driver, depending on what sort of content is being shown. That selfie camera tracks the driver’s eye movements, taking into account how often and for how long the driver looks over toward the passenger screen. The car can also automatically dim the passenger screen to make it less distracting to the driver while still being visible to the passenger.”

While a lot of people these days are enthusiastic about smart(er) cars boasting giant screens and ultra-modern entertainment systems, to me, advertised features such as an integrated TikTok app are mere gimmicks to appeal to a target audience that for the most part is much too young to drive, let alone afford such a car, and I am extremely worried about a further increase in driver-distracted accidents that have surged ever since smartphones became our constant companions and people started texting while driving. So I applaud carmakers’ efforts to try and come up with solutions for real life problems such as this innovation, although in the case of anti-distraction systems, it is of course the carmakers themselves aggravating the underlying problem by creating even more distraction in the first place.

On a side note, I wonder whether that passenger seat sensor can be tricked into falsely “believing” the seat is occupied when a heavy object is placed onto the seat, as there is apparently no AI camera involved detecting and confirming it is a human passenger?
Placing a heavy object on your nubuck seats !!??

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular

Touché! 🤣

As you can easily tell, I am not driving a luxury car myself.
Well, not yet, anyway. Check again with me, once the BRN share price will have lifted off exponentially due to those explosive sales we are all dreaming of…

Last edited:
  • Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Reactions: 2 users
I've noticed a lot of noise lately around Manny Hernandez's share granting. On the face of it it looks like he previously had to pay something for them, but now he's getting them for free. I'm not a legal expert so I see two options here:
1. Talk to the company about the concerns and relay the findings
2. Get a legal experts opinion on the matter

I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here but only half a year ago a lawyer provided their view of this exact situation. They then spoke to management to verify anything they were unsure about and relayed the findings. Here are the relevant posts (I've posted a copy of the second one below, which summarises the findings):

Post 32807:

Post 32842:

I think it's great when people are voicing valid concerns. However, please be aware that if you're not prepared to do any follow ups or a little bit of digging you may just be feeding the negative sentiment of the forum unnecessarily.
Thanks for reminding us and sharing FFs discussions with the company and findings on this matter @IndepthDiver much appreciated

Reactions: 7 users

The Pope

Regular
Fucken hell, never thought we’d see the 30’

Our technology has a great reach, no one company will have exclusive use of our IP, that point is beyond obvious.

No automobile manufacturer wishes to be left in Mercedes rearview mirror, this market is a lot bigger than just Mercedes Benz.

Expand your research horizons, we are/have been engaging with automobile manufacturers, yes plural, if Mercedes is having trouble
spitting out the words Akida or Brainchip, some other company will...this space is very active and fast moving.

Tech ;)
Hi tech

Hope Perth is treating you well and you are enjoying your golf and travels.

You have mentioned in a number of previous posts that you have caught up with staff (not mentioning names) whether in the Perth office or elsewhere. I appreciate you like to be proactive and have a strong interest in meeting up with BRN staff when they are free.
Based on the above and how you are framing this post (in parts being very definitive with your wording) may be perceived like you know more than the general retail investor. Your comments may be taken very differently by others and not look like a opinion.

Yes it may be my opinion only. Thankyou

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Adam82

Who is Markus May? please.
Profile is from Germany but don’t think there is any significants to it as appears to just be a follow of BRN or share holder asking a question of the post?

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I do place a heavy weight on my car seat, but it is widely distributed and well padded.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

It seems the Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) is so shockingly underequipped these days that they are now even resorting to confiscating the letter Y in the word “Germany“ from random websites for reuse on their vehicles’ licence plates… 😱
They were allotted that leftover letter back in 1955, as no German city or county starts with Y (except a Black Forest village named Yach, which is way too small, though, to have its own licence plate letter combination) and the obvious BW was already taken by the “Bundes-Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsverwaltung“.
(I kid you not! This tongue twister and spelling monster terrifying learners of German translates as “Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration“, in the unlikely case you wanted to know.)

View attachment 35068

Specially for you, @Bravo, here is a picture of a feline Bundeswehr pet called Puma, which means “cougar” in English (and has no negative double entendre in German).
Yup, that’s exactly why the sportswear company of the same name has one of those mountain lions as their logo. And lest anyone should accuse me of camouflaged advertising, I’ll also quickly mention its biggest domestic rival, Adidas, which - believe it or not - is headquartered in the same Bavarian town named Herzogenaurach (near Nürnberg/Nuremberg actually)! The reason being, the companies’ founders were brothers - their lifelong feud is quite an interesting story that has also been made into a movie.

Little did the Dassler brothers know that one day their businesses would be eclipsed by an American company named after the Greek goddess Nike, the personification of victory. Doesn’t that strikingly resemble the story of two American tech giant rivals that each had developed a neuromorphic research chip, until a third company with a Greek chip name comes seemingly out of nowhere, joins the race with a commercial (!) chip in hand as their baton, swooshes past them, takes the lead and succeeds in maintaining it?! Awesome story, I hear you say? Well, let‘s better not take this analogy too far, though, as it doesn‘t bode well for Brainchip once we’ll find out that in Greek mythology the goddess Nike was a frequent attendant (or sometimes even considered just an attribute) of … Athena! 😂
To calm our nerves, I’d suggest a rooting-for-the-underdog story of disruptive innovation instead: the biblical tale of David and Goliath, in which coincidentally a humble slingshot plays an important role…

That was the most informative and wide ranging response @Frangipani. I was so not expecting that. Ten out of ten from me!🏅

But I don’t think BrainChip can blame a spelling mistake on the confiscation of the letter “y” from the German Armed Forces, although I imagine someone in the proof-reading department wishes this could be the case. :LOL:

• Haha

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Who is Markus May? please.
He's a human like you and me, apparently just another human interested in neuromorphic chips. So not more important, like you and me!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

What I don’t understand is why Mercedes wants you to be able to take selfies when you‘re in the car. I mean, this is what I look like when I’m driving and I don’t really want to inflict that upon anyone else.

1682597695441.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

dippY22

Regular

Tech ;)
Who are you Tech, and why aren't you more forthcoming? You show up from time to time and leave good vibrations, but your ambiguity and "opinions only" spiel has me, for one, vexed and befuddled.

You have dropped hints that you are connected to those in the high places and I wonder why you are not more communicative or able to call a shovel a shovel, when I know you know ?

"Expand YOUR research horizons..... ???? C'mon, Tech,.........just spill what you know and then couch it with "...my opinion only".

Or do you fear you will be cutoff from the grapevine for leaking blatent beans?

If you are the C suite whisperer can you speak more clearly to us?

Having a low tolerance for ambiguity and not savy enough to expand my research horizons, I remain sincerely yours, .....dippY

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular
That was the most informative and wide ranging response @Frangipani. I was so not expecting that. Ten out of ten from me!🏅

But I don’t think BrainChip can blame a spelling mistake on the confiscation of the letter “y” from the German Armed Forces, although I imagine someone in the proof-reading department wishes this could be the case. :LOL:

Are ou reall sa ing ou think this is merel a conspirac theor ? 🤔

eah, I suppose as an empathetic shareholder, I reall just wanted to shield the compan from blame, as the are alread dealing with man sill complaints these da s.

But since the are said to be reading this forum secretl , we might get a correction of that t po soon an wa .

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom