BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular
Good Morning Chippers,

Listening to the radio last night and heard about this....

Australian Goverment purchases controlling stake in radar company , CEA , for $500,000,000.00.

Naturaly no direct mention of us , but considering some of our engagements .......

If someone could post connection to below article for others , appreciated.

The Guardian.
Australian Military.
Title: Goverment to buy Canberra based radar company for nearly $500 million.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
What do you make of of the consortium’s claim that their 3D neuromorphic vision chip will have more than an edge over Akida once it will be ready to hit the market?

It's genuinely 100% meaningless until it is compared against other products using the same benchmarking frameworks and use case scenarios.

Reactions: 9 users

Foxdog

Regular
Has anyone else stumbled upon this 3 year EU-funded research project called Nimble AI, kick-started in November 2022, that “aims to unlock the potential of neuromorphic vision?“ Couldn’t find anything here on TSE with the help of the search function except a reference to US-based company Nimble Robotics, but they seem totally unrelated.

The 19 project partners include imec in Leuven (Belgium) as well as Paris-based GrAI Matter Labs, highly likely Brainchip’s most serious competitor, according to other posters.

An article about Nimble AI’s ambitious project was published today:

What do you make of of the consortium’s claim that their 3D neuromorphic vision chip will have more than an edge over Akida once it will be ready to hit the market? 🤔

NimbleAI: Ultra-Energy Efficient and Secure Neuromorphic Sensing and Processing at the Endpoint​

“Today only very light AI processing tasks are executed in ubiquitous IoT endpoint devices, where sensor data are generated and access to energy is usually constrained. However, this approach is not scalable and results in high penalties in terms of security, privacy, cost, energy consumption, and latency as data need to travel from endpoint devices to remote processing systems such as data centres. Inefficiencies are especially evident in energy consumption.
To keep up pace with the exponentially growing amount of data (e.g. video) and allow more advanced, accurate, safe and timely interactions with the surrounding environment, next-generation endpoint devices will need to run AI algorithms (e.g. computer vision) and other compute intense tasks with very low latency (i.e. units of ms or less) and energy envelops (i.e. tens of mW or less).
NimbleAI will harness the latest advances in microelectronics and integrated circuit technology to create an integral neuromorphic sensing-processing solution to efficiently run accurate and diverse computer vision algorithms in resource- and area-constrained chips destined to endpoint devices. Biology will be a major source of inspiration in NimbleAI, especially with a focus to reproduce adaptivity and experience-induced plasticity that allow biological structures to continuously become more efficient in processing dynamic visual stimuli.
NimbleAI is expected to allow significant improvements compared to state-of-the-art (e.g. commercially available neuromorphic chips), and at least 100x improvement in energy efficiency and 50x shorter latency compared to state-of-the-practice (e.g. CPU/GPU/NPU/TPUs processing frame-based video). NimbleAI will also take a holistic approach for ensuring safety and security at different architecture levels, including silicon level.”

What I find a little odd, though, is that this claim re expected superiority over “state-of-the-art (e.g. commercially available neuromorphic chips)“ doesn’t get any mention on the official Nimble AI website (https://www.nimbleai.eu/), in contrast to the expectation of “at least 100x improvement in energy efficiency and 50x shorter latency compared to state-of-the-practice (e.g. CPU/GPU/NPU/TPUs Processing Frame-based Video).”
I think by the time they commercialize this (in 2.5 years at the earliest?) then we will have released more advanced versions of AKIDA. Also interesting that our supposed main competitor requires the help of a consortium to try and stay in touch. This for me confirms one thing - we are a minimum of 3 years ahead of the competition. Like Sean said once a customer chooses our tech they'll be with us for decades. That's why nailing down IP contracts is getting more and more urgent.

Reactions: 7 users

Labsy

Regular
"Critical sovereign capabililty"... wow.. imagine how advanced this tech must be. Tried and tested... demonstrated.... and now pencil pushes fall off their chairs and say "shit! We need to control this tech wtf is this???!!! Jeezuz... quickly buy a controlling stake...bloody science fiction, what powers this??? ".... ;)

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Are we due the final payment from megachips on this quarterly?

Foxdog

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 1 users

Foxdog

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Oh, not on ASX yet

@Rocket577

Im Ready Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.

Attachments

• 3D6DDB16-8BEA-4F67-8DDD-8350D30C6AE6.jpeg
    3D6DDB16-8BEA-4F67-8DDD-8350D30C6AE6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

Shadow59

Regular
Must be by now
There will be a lot of 4C's being loaded today. It takes time to process that many. It would certainly be nice to see it before the open

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha

JDelekto

Regular
It's genuinely 100% meaningless until it is compared against other products using the same benchmarking frameworks and use case scenarios.
I hope someone comes up with standard benchmarks that could be applied to these AI accelerators and neuromorphic processors. Similar to the software used for CPU or GPU benchmarking, like Sysmark or 3DMark, in both contrived and real-world use cases.

While we've already seen NVISO post some numbers for their specific API use cases in behavioral analysis, I'd like to see Akida, both 1.0 and 2.0 processors creating training data sets from sensor input.

While I imagine most users will focus on the chip's inferencing abilities, I would love to see how a small cluster of Akida processors would perform instead of using expensive GPUs in the cloud to create the models themselves.

• Fire

skutza

Regular
Ok 4c is now officially out 🤞

Just saw it, not 🤞 its a big fat 👎

Edit number 3, could've been worse, could've been 40k less?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Cardpro

Regular
Ok 4c is now officially out 🤞

Just saw it, not 🤞 its a big fat 👎
Meh, knew it was gonna be nothing... but wow 40k? Lower than my income lol