BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular
Is this him

Count yourself LUCKY @Bravo is not a real cat, as she/he/they would instantly report your post for being life-threatening… 🍗🍖🦴

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Is this him

He comes from Munich!
heartbeat GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Could it be that MH simply didn't have a million dollars to exercise the options at the time?

My understanding is that, leaving before the expiry date, he would have had to exercise them straight away.

Did the conversation go something like..
"Cmon guys, I don't have a mil' on me right now, can we keep the expiry date?"..

Kind of convenient, that now he doesn't even have to come up with that at all..

I seem to remember, there were some particular circumstances, surrounding his departure.
Does anyone remember these?

Maybe @Schnitzel lover remembers reading the particular announcement?

I'm happy to be pulled up on anything I'm saying, in trying to work out the circumstances here..
Couldn’t speculate on his exit. Viana a capable replacement so that’s where I’m personally moving on from it..

The end of 2024 for me will be enough time to judge the company based on tangible commercial traction... That would ensure 4 full years for Renesas to produce a product and 3 for Megachips and their associated sub licensees..

Reactions: 8 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Foxdog

Regular
Winner winner chicken dinner.:cool:

Ok so AKIDA Gen2 is going to be the 'engine room' for revenue here I think. It's been created to address customer requests (I wonder if Merc is one of those?) and it has been recognised as cutting edge by industry participants. Commercial release at y/E 2023 so let's expect revenue to start showing 3rd or 4th quarter 2024 - another year to wait perhaps. Then there's potential small revenue, maybe more, from Gen1 to keep the company ticking over until then.

Everything points towards success here, except for the SP and subsequent paper losses.

My opinion only based entirely on guesswork.

I suppose I should have made it clearer that I was actually joking re my reference to Aikido yesterday - apologies, in case this came across as making fun of Sean Hehir’s slip-up. It was simply the first thing that came to my mind when I read “Akido” in this thread, and it was tempting to relate Sean’s job as CEO to that of a martial artist strategising, with no ill intent.

But jokes aside. Now that I’ve had time to actually listen to the podcast, I fully agree with @alwaysgreen and @Damo4 that Sean most likely contracted “Akida 1.0“ to “Akido” because (true to his job description 😄) he was thinking ahead. I don’t think it has anything to do with his American accent. But to be honest - I couldn’t care less why he mispronounced Akida - haven’t similar slips of the tongue happened to all of us? They certainly have to me. We are all human and make mistakes, especially when we find ourselves in an uncomfortable situation under pressure, which is obviously the case here, with both Tony Dawe and Sean Hehir being very much aware that many a shareholders’ nerves are on edge in the face of the tumbling share price. So just cut him some slack! I reckon in a warmer economic climate, we would have all just laughed it off.

Our CEO may not come across as the most charismatic of speakers (mind you, practically every CEO pales in comparison with the paragon of business leaders, the late Steve Jobs), and two of his answers were obviously prepared in advance and read from a script (starting around 4:42 min & 16:50 min), the latter presumably for legal reasons, but you should not judge a book by its cover alone - remember, he explicitly asked to be judged on results, so let’s all at least wait for the AGM rather than make any prejudgements at this point in time.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the timing of this podcast was deliberate, to prepare the ground for the upcoming AGM and in particular for the vote on Manny Hernandez‘ expired options (any chance he simply couldn’t afford to exercise them at the time?), but I, for my part, nevertheless appreciate the management’s sincere efforts to improve communication with BRN shareholders and address their concerns, given this was not just presented as a one-off pre-AGM Q&A but as the inaugural episode of a series of quarterly podcasts. Well done! And while I wish more details on partners/customers and timelines would have been shared, I recognise the importance of NDAs in this field of disruptive technology and trust the whole team at Brainchip is working hard behind NDA-locked doors. We will only see what is behind when the other contractual partners deem the time has come to unveil their novel products. Or possibly never as in the case of sensitive defense technology or if licensed through others. Come on, everyone: The fundamentals haven’t changed one bit; on the contrary, the company’s future has never looked brighter, IMO, with all that validating by BRN’s ever-expanding ecosystem going on.

So what, if that Ubiquity Starlight Express we have all boarded at different stations along the way has turned out to be a much slower ride than anticipated and is picking up even more delays en route for reasons out of Brainchip‘s control? As long as we stay on (the) track(s) and ultimately reach our destination safely, I don’t mind a longer ride. If you ever happened to travel Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) long-distance, you may have learned the hard way that patience can at times be a very useful travel companion. 😂 And as long as Brainchip’s competitors aren’t building tracks running parallel to ours, they won‘t be able to overtake us, as we continue to lead the way.

For me, the following passages from the podcast stood out:

1. From 6:34 min onwards: “The ability to do certain use cases around healthcare applications and raw audio processing are incredible breakthroughs that no one else in the industry has.“ This reminded me of the PvdM quote in last week’s Forbes article “19 Ways AI May Soon Revolutionize The Healthcare Industry”:
“Beyond the analysis of medical images and statistical data analysis, medicine could benefit from AI at the edge through a device that constantly monitors and analyzes a patient’s vital signs. Artificial intelligence could predict a crisis based on a patient’s breathing rate, electrocardiogram and other vital signs, reporting the patient’s status to the nurse’s station. This can improve patient care and free up human resources.”
Sounds like a very specific product in the making to me…

2. From 8:42 onwards: “Once you are in, you are in - you are not coming out, you are gonna be in there for generations of products…” and then again from 15:30 min onwards: “World class companies are positioning to come out of the downturn strong. And so, world class companies never stop innovation. They are just being cautious, they are planning their way… And when people decide to actually build their chips, we are gonna be the ones they are gonna build on.“
As other posters have remarked before, to me this sounds as if Mercedes was still on board.

While I totally understand other forum members’ frustration with the current share price and genuinely feel sorry for individual shareholders forced to sell at this time due to personal reasons, the downward trend actually feels like a blessing and a second chance to late-to-the-party shareholders like me who chanced upon BRN thanks to the MB announcement and bought their first parcel of shares around the ATH early last year - as you can imagine, in contrast to the early party guests, we‘ve never even seen our BRN position lighting up green so far. True, you will only feel this way about the current dismal share price as long as you continue to believe in having discovered an undervalued gem, have trust in the management and ideally have some dry powder left to accumulate and average down (which I personally have been doing quite a bit over the past couple of months), although in the grand scheme of things, time in the market will indeed be more important than timing the market, when comparing all of us now to future passengers boarding the Brainchip train way up that predicted hockey stick curve.

Making lemonade from the lemons the sellers and shorters continue to throw at us is my best bet. Yesterday proved to be yet another lemonade day, when my buy limit order that didn’t get filled last month was triggered shortly after market opening (thanks to the weaker AUD / EUR rate as compared to a month ago). What a shame, though, today I could have even gotten more shares for the same amount on Tradegate. Sigh. With the persisting economic headwinds, a seemingly irrational market and a little reading between the lines, I am bracing myself for the share price to drop even further south, but I just can’t seem to get the image of a slingshot or a coiled spring out of my head… Unfortunately I don’t have a crystal ball to tell you when it will gain that momentum. But I am confident it is a „when“, not an „if“.
Nice post.. 1. Breaking into Healthcare is like trying to turn the Titanic, it’s not often the best product available that wins out, but the cheapest. That’s where BRN should have a huge advantage.. The other factor is once you get a product in, it’s an exhaustive process for change..

So healthcare could be a real sweet spot for BRN once they break in. The paradox of it though is that it could be the most difficult sector to crack into..

Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Magnus Östberg
Magnus Östberg

Do you remember the amazing #software features of the new #EClass we introduced a month ago? Today we revealed the full E-Class-Experience with our digital world premiere. 🚀

Our business icon combines tradition and modernity – with a ton of software features. It’s not simply a car. It’s a personal space:

➡ It’s loaded with innovative, in-house developed software to create an increasingly intelligent and immersive array of personalisation and interactive experiences that evolve with you.
Artificial Intelligence helps the car learn which systems are used repeatedly by its occupants to make interfacing with your favorite features even easier.
➡Music, games and streaming entertainment can be experienced aurally with Dolby Atmos® spatial audio, haptically with the incredible Burmester 4D sound resonating transducers, and visually via active lighting on the instrument panel.
➡ Our #ActiveAmbientLighting software algorithm analyses the audio signals based on both frequency and direction, then automatically synchronises lighting with the beat in real time with any sound source.
➡ To make everyday tasks easier, we developed new software “Routines” that can adapt environmental conditions to your personal preferences. Routines can be linked to user-defined UI actions or intelligent voice commands that don’t even require the "Hey Mercedes" keyword when alone in the vehicle.
➡ Over-the-air (OTA) updates will enable new features and more advanced functionalities in the future, ensuring that your new E-Class continues to evolve with you.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Cardpro

Regular
More operating convenience is also available with MBUX. With the "Just Talk" function, the intelligent voice control can now be activated without the keyword "Hey Mercedes". When the function is activated, a red microphone symbol appears in the display. This indicates that the vehicle is ready and waiting for commands.

Added day-to-day convenience: the routines
Mercedes-Benz is working on using artificial intelligence (AI) so that the car learns which comfort systems vehicle occupants use repeatedly. Given the same circumstances, the aim is for AI to automate such functions9. The result is personalised automation. Mercedes-Benz uses the term “routine” for this innovation, the development of which is already well advanced.

On the launch of the new E-Class, customers will be able to use templates for standard routines. They also have the option of creating routines themselves. In doing so, the occupants can link several functions and conditions. For example, "Switch on the seat heating and set the ambient lighting to warm orange if the interior temperature is below twelve degrees Celsius".

Hmmmm.....

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
Everything points towards success here, except for the SP and subsequent paper losses.

This is the root of the issue, for many here.
It confirms the opinion of many, that if we were above $2, we'd be feeling pretty chuffed with the progress.

"Commercial release at y/E 2023 so let's expect revenue to start showing 3rd or 4th quarter 2024 - another year to wait perhaps. Then there's potential small revenue, maybe more, from Gen1 to keep the company ticking over until then."

RE v1/2, Renesas and Megachips have both licensed v1 IP - so agreed on the revenue expectations, but probably still more for gen1 for a while.
We can only speculate as to which customers, be it those two or partners such Mercedes, SiFive, NVISO etc that were involved in the development of v2.
We do know for a fact that Megachips helped with v2.

2020 we had IP for sale, and companies such as Renesas took about 2 years to tape out.
Once we start to see revenue coming in from Renesas, if we can work that out, we can get pretty clear typical timelines.
Although is may be quicker unless we get another Covid.

The way I see it is similar to a flagship phone each year from Samsung, Google Apple etc.
Everyone knows a new one is coming (our roadmap), but each year you buy what is currently for sale.
Some people on a budget may even choose to buy older phones that suit their needs/budget better.

Also I think of STM32 MCU's from Arm, and they have various models depending on requirements.
They also have many models within each range to target both budgets and needs.

1682462866814.png

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Foxdog

Regular
More operating convenience is also available with MBUX. With the "Just Talk" function, the intelligent voice control can now be activated without the keyword "Hey Mercedes". When the function is activated, a red microphone symbol appears in the display. This indicates that the vehicle is ready and waiting for commands.

Added day-to-day convenience: the routines
Mercedes-Benz is working on using artificial intelligence (AI) so that the car learns which comfort systems vehicle occupants use repeatedly. Given the same circumstances, the aim is for AI to automate such functions9. The result is personalised automation. Mercedes-Benz uses the term “routine” for this innovation, the development of which is already well advanced.

On the launch of the new E-Class, customers will be able to use templates for standard routines. They also have the option of creating routines themselves. In doing so, the occupants can link several functions and conditions. For example, "Switch on the seat heating and set the ambient lighting to warm orange if the interior temperature is below twelve degrees Celsius".

Hmmmm.....

Man, they really don't won't to mention AKIDA again do they? Super secretive on the tech behind the scenes and relying on the functionality to lure customers, which makes sense from a competitive and also marketing point of view.

Like I've said before we might actually see some revenue from this engagement if AKIDA is in this series of cars. Unless we only receive payment for each unit sold.

Reactions: 1 users

Shadow59

Regular
4C came out on the 26th April last year. So could be today.

Foxdog

Regular
This is the root of the issue, for many here.
It confirms the opinion of many, that if we were above $2, we'd be feeling pretty chuffed with the progress.

"Commercial release at y/E 2023 so let's expect revenue to start showing 3rd or 4th quarter 2024 - another year to wait perhaps. Then there's potential small revenue, maybe more, from Gen1 to keep the company ticking over until then."

RE v1/2, Renesas and Megachips have both licensed v1 IP - so agreed on the revenue expectations, but probably still more for gen1 for a while.
We can only speculate as to which customers, be it those two or partners such Mercedes, SiFive, NVISO etc that were involved in the development of v2.
We do know for a fact that Megachips helped with v2.

2020 we had IP for sale, and companies such as Renesas took about 2 years to tape out.
Once we start to see revenue coming in from Renesas, if we can work that out, we can get pretty clear typical timelines.
Although is may be quicker unless we get another Covid.

The way I see it is similar to a flagship phone each year from Samsung, Google Apple etc.
Everyone knows a new one is coming (our roadmap), but each year you buy what is currently for sale.
Some people on a budget may even choose to buy older phones that suit their needs/budget better.

Also I think of STM32 MCU's from Arm, and they have various models depending on requirements.
They also have many models within each range to target both budgets and needs.

View attachment 35036
Great post Damo, totally agree re: SP and direct correlation with investor moods.

The revenue runway is all speculation but I'm hoping that MB has introduced AKIDA 1000 in the current release with perhaps an upgrade to Gen 2 moving forward. Why would they opt for a completely different operating system now and then change to Gen 2 later?

MB is apparently very secure with respect to the release of information so we will know only when they want us to.

Reactions: 7 users

Damo4

Regular
Great post Damo, totally agree re: SP and direct correlation with investor moods.

The revenue runway is all speculation but I'm hoping that MB has introduced AKIDA 1000 in the current release with perhaps an upgrade to Gen 2 moving forward. Why would they opt for a completely different operating system now and then change to Gen 2 later?

MB is apparently very secure with respect to the release of information so we will know only when they want us to.

Agreed, plus I believe keyword spotting is still extremely powerful/efficient on Gen 1.

Reactions: 4 users

Foxdog

Regular
Agreed, plus I believe keyword spotting is still extremely powerful/efficient on Gen 1.
Yeah the innovations appear to tick a lot of Gen 1 boxes. We just need MB to say to BRN 'OK you can now tell everyone that your product is in our cars'

Que ASX price sensitive announcement 👌

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
I can't believe the responses here to the podcast. I must have been listening to a different one. I think Sean presents really well, his answers to our questions were exactly what I expected to hear. About time the company is starting to acknowledge our concerns. He believes in the technology and the success of the business going forward.

Revenue is always my concern but Sean is not in a position to disclose any current or pending negotiations. I'd be surprised if those attending the AGM don't find him very competent and engaging in person.

Man I'm one of the biggest whingers here and you guys are leaving me in your dust 🤣
Agreed,
And you wonder why FF, F'd off😫
This forum seems to have lost its way.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Kachoo

Regular
Yeah the innovations appear to tick a lot of Gen 1 boxes. We just need MB to say to BRN 'OK you can now tell everyone that your product is in our cars'

Que ASX price sensitive announcement 👌
I don't think this will be announce unless Mercedes would let them. In the end they would just pay the fees and you would see that as income in the C4. I think that Mercedes would keep it quite from this point on.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Reactions: 5 users

JDelekto

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Draed

Regular
I wonder how many people caught the editing faux pas at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully, the execs wanted to include the backlinks, it works for the partnership, and poor Marc just forgot to edit out that conditional reminder. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_073928_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426_073928_Chrome.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom