BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Dies könnte mein letzter Post sein, bevor ich für ein bisschen in die ungezogene Ecke geschickt werde, weil ich ungefähr 5 Dreadbotts hintereinander bekommen habe. Hoffentlich bleibt es nur eine vorübergehende Sperre.

Wie auch immer, es ist ein großartiges Ökosystem, das wir aufbauen, ein bisschen wie eine „funkige Stadt“ von Kooperationspartnern wie Arm, Si-Five, MegaChips usw.

Zweifellos wird dieser Beitrag auch gemeldet, weil er vom Thema abweicht oder profan ist oder so. Macht nichts, es ist ein grooviger Song!💋

♥️ An alle

It's a pity, I've been with you in this forum for well over a year now and WHY? Because all the other forums annoyed me!

I love speculating here and reading different ways of thinking from different users, thinking about it myself and looking for it! I also love the humor in this forum!

What I like most here is that I'm among complete Brainchip fans and I think that was the basic idea with you founders!

a) I decided to buy my BRN shares myself
b) nobody here has made me buy or sell more (I also decided that on my own)
c) the company did not force me to buy shares, either.

I made that decision on my own! Here, in this forum, it's nice to read how many others there are who are just as enthusiastic!

There really are enough other forums for doubters.
I don't want all the positive writers and wild speculators to leave this forum just because there are more and more doubters floating around!

Yes, the stock is very low, BUT you have to endure something like that! If not, you should stay away from stocks!

@ Bravo I stand by you, if it should be, I'll go with you in the corner. Common sorrow half a sorrow!

NO, that's no fun!
1681919797233.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
BrainChip
BrainChip 9.170 Follower:innen
1 Std. •
The Edge ML Series is coming to Chicago on April 25th! BrainChip will have the keynote. Mark your calendars and request your invite now on the Edge Impulse website - Register here: https://lnkd.in/gMVnDpqc #ML #AI #neuromorphic #edgeai

Rob Telson 41 Min. Looking forward to the event next week!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Tezza

Regular
Has there been any indication of when the 4c will be out? I find it difficult to vote for performance bonuses before seeing the 4c.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
It's a pity, I've been with you in this forum for well over a year now and WHY? Because all the other forums annoyed me!

I love speculating here and reading different ways of thinking from different users, thinking about it myself and looking for it! I also love the humor in this forum!

What I like most here is that I'm among complete Brainchip fans and I think that was the basic idea with you founders!

a) I decided to buy my BRN shares myself
b) nobody here has made me buy or sell more (I also decided that on my own)
c) the company did not force me to buy shares, either.

I made that decision on my own! Here, in this forum, it's nice to read how many others there are who are just as enthusiastic!

There really are enough other forums for doubters.
I don't want all the positive writers and wild speculators to leave this forum just because there are more and more doubters floating around!

Yes, the stock is very low, BUT you have to endure something like that! If not, you should stay away from stocks!

@ Bravo I stand by you, if it should be, I'll go with you in the corner. Common sorrow half a sorrow!

NO, that's no fun!
View attachment 34671
It's good that you feel that way but you shouldn't diminish how others feel. Everyone is different.

The main complaints by some of the disappointed posters are valid:

- management promising explosive sales - yet to deliver
- management promising revenue growth exceeding sales by end of 2022 - failed to deliver.

I don't agree with the complaint about lack of communication with the markets. NDAs are important. The partnerships and ecosystem building are important to our future and are great progress. Hopefully the explosion in sales is coming soon and a tonne of price sensitive announcements are on their way.

Either way, in my opinion if someone complains, let them get it off their chest, ignore it and move on. If you respond with belittling comments, it is going to escalate.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Has there been any indication of when the 4c will be out? I find it difficult to vote for performance bonuses before seeing the 4c.
Hi Tezza... 4C will be announced Thurs/Fri next week 27th/28th is my thinking.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Deena

Regular
It's good that you feel that way but you shouldn't diminish how others feel. Everyone is different.

- management promising revenue growth exceeding sales by end of 2022 - failed to deliver.

I don't agree with the complaint about lack of communication with the markets. NDAs are important. The partnerships and ecosystem building are important to our future and are great progress. Hopefully the explosion in sales is coming soon and a tonne of price sensitive announcements are on their way.

Either way, in my opinion if someone complains, let them get it off their chest, ignore it and move on. If you respond with belittling comments, it is going to escalate.
Alwaysgreen, I appreciate that some posters (including myself) are disappointed with lack of evidence of explosive sales yet, but I urge you to be cautious in the way that you stretch the terminology on what is said and by implication, who is responsible.

For instance, when did management PROMISE explosive sales? Or when did they PROMISE revenue growth exceeding sales by the end of 2022. Especially considering that our management does not even sell the finished product and are not responsible for these sales. Predicted would even be too strong a word. Perhaps the correct terminology would be expected.

The fact that this growth has not been quite as fast as we all expected is not a reflection on our management as they do not control this, but on other factors that has been beyond any of our control. These have also been mentioned by management as headwinds (that they have listed) since announcing expectations. We should NOT crucify our management for trying to make some assessment and conveying this to us, of when we can expect products to hit the market that will result in additional revenue. Management should be encouraged to give us some guidance of what they expect despite this being out of their actual control. I commend them for attempting to do this.

The things that our management can control however, I believe they are continuing to deliver in spades. The technology is continuing to advance pretty much on schedule; they are building the ecosystems and partnerships to develop and distribute products containing our technology; necessary staff appointments are being made to advance the things that our company CAN control. For that our management should be congratulated.

In conclusion, I believe our management is delivering in spades. If anything someone needs to put a firecracker under the arses of some of our customers to get these advanced products into the marketplace sooner. DYOR
Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 88 users

Dhm

Regular
Still think it's too early for big numbers. End of the year I think before we will see anything from the Renesas tape out. Remember the timeline involved in taping out, testing, going to commercial production, testing again with Akida 1000. Like to be wrong but don't want to expect too much and play into the Shorters' hands as so many have done in the past year.
Regards
Violin1
This has been discussed a lot before, but my hopes are that MegaChips and Renesas don’t have to get an announcement out if they are embedding Akida 1.0 in their chips. Please correct me if I’m wrong but the latest Renesas announcement in Dec 2022 was for 2.0. Same applies for MegaChips, it’s possible that they have Akida 1.0 in their clients products. I’m probably wrong but it puts a degree of hope in my day.

If I’m wrong I’ll join @Bravo in the naughty corner. If I’m right…..

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
the 4c is due by the close of the last trading day in the month following the quarter. Without fail BRN have made their 4c disclosures on the last possible day.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Brainchip will have the keynote at EdgeML in Chicago:

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

manny100

Regular

Watching and listening to the 2 most recent Investor presentations in April'23 Sean makes no claims of when revenue will occur, explosive sales or when we can expect breakdown.
He does however say the market for Edge AI will increase significantly with a slide to show figures. It's obvious the market will explode looking at the figures.
So it's easy to assume our sales will explode. I do but there is a chance they may not.
He says that the Renasas chip will be ready for release in the coming months. It's easy for holders to assume these will sell like hotcakes. While I hope this is the case, they may not sell.
Sean also says that Gen2 is on track for Q3 release or maybe a little earlier. Once again it's easy to assume sales will be almost immediate. May not be the case.
Both Sean and Tony in relation to competition analysis say if you want an edge device that is commercially available now it has to be BRN. That is true but we assume there is a demand for Edge devices.
In response to questions Sean says due to lumpy revenue receipts early on revenue predictions can not be made or breakeven times be given.
Sean does say that in the 'out years' forecasts should be able to be made as I presume then sales will be stable.
In relation to margin Sean gives the example of ARM who has margins in the 90%'s. He says of course they have the volumes. He also makes a brief comment on IP margins being close to 100%.
So it's easy to assume we will make those sorts of margins.
I think we will once we get volumes. Of course I am assuming we will get volumes and fairly quickly. We may not.
All in all it looks like we are on to something that could be a winner but until the money is in your pocket it's not yours.
Sean also says that current AI is not sustainable due to huge power usage, insufficient space in the cloud and latency problems.
That in itself is a material reason for a shift to the Edge.
I refer only to recent presentations.
Not sure what was said earlier.
I am excited by the prospects and I assume all of the above will fall into place in due course and that we will make loads.
At the same time it's possible I may be wrong. So I have diversified just in case.
Yes I have a fair bit invested in BRN like many others.
Patience required.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users
Watching and listening to the 2 most recent Investor presentations in April'23 Sean makes no claims of when revenue will occur, explosive sales or when we can expect breakdown.
He does however say the market for Edge AI will increase significantly with a slide to show figures. It's obvious the market will explode looking at the figures.
So it's easy to assume our sales will explode. I do but there is a chance they may not.
He says that the Renasas chip will be ready for release in the coming months. It's easy for holders to assume these will sell like hotcakes. While I hope this is the case, they may not sell.
Sean also says that Gen2 is on track for Q3 release or maybe a little earlier. Once again it's easy to assume sales will be almost immediate. May not be the case.
Both Sean and Tony in relation to competition analysis say if you want an edge device that is commercially available now it has to be BRN. That is true but we assume there is a demand for Edge devices.
In response to questions Sean says due to lumpy revenue receipts early on revenue predictions can not be made or breakeven times be given.
Sean does say that in the 'out years' forecasts should be able to be made as I presume then sales will be stable.
In relation to margin Sean gives the example of ARM who has margins in the 90%'s. He says of course they have the volumes. He also makes a brief comment on IP margins being close to 100%.
So it's easy to assume we will make those sorts of margins.
I think we will once we get volumes. Of course I am assuming we will get volumes and fairly quickly. We may not.
All in all it looks like we are on to something that could be a winner but until the money is in your pocket it's not yours.
Sean also says that current AI is not sustainable due to huge power usage, insufficient space in the cloud and latency problems.
That in itself is a material reason for a shift to the Edge.
I refer only to recent presentations.
Not sure what was said earlier.
I am excited by the prospects and I assume all of the above will fall into place in due course and that we will make loads.
At the same time it's possible I may be wrong. So I have diversified just in case.
Yes I have a fair bit invested in BRN like many others.
Patience required.
Maybe it's time for us to stop digesting the world for the stubbornly negative people and just put them on ignore. They thrive on responses they can be negative towards.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I think you are barking up the wrong tree Newk. You see management don't control the share price. The questions you should be asking are; Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again.

There is an old saying: Energy flows where attention goes. If you focus on all the negatives, then that will grow in importance to you. That circle gets bigger. If you focus on the progress that is being made with customers and partners you would be very encouraged. All be it that the company is bound by NDAs which are important to our customers and partners as well as ourselves.

As for someone's suggestion that the company should ditch all NDAs. Yeah, right. If you want to lose 90% of our customers who insist on the NDAs in order to maintain secrecy and stay ahead of their competition. How stupid a suggestion is that? Clearly from someone with no business acumen at all. I'm sure glad they are not running our business.

It is about time some posters got real instead of making ridiculous suggestions to feed into their negative sentiments. (Or is there some other underlying motive?)

Another interesting point; I remember some years ago my brother's broker said "Don't invest in Brainchip because they are not big enough and companies like Intel have deep pockets and will simply poach all the best talent from the company by offering them more money." (Or words to that effect.) How do you think we'd go if we weren't offering performance rights to our top personnel? Do you get the picture? By the way, I don't think share price is one of those performance indicators.

In summary:
1. This company is in sound hands with many of the top personnel and best brains in the industry.
2. Almost weekly new partnerships and customers are popping up. Well done and thank you to all the great researchers here who give their time so freely to keep us ahead of other less informed investors. In fact far better than many of the so called analysts who only seem to analyse their own navels ... and don't do that very well.
3. Our list of partners, customers, and developers continues to expand along with new industries that we are evolving to.
4. Performance goals are outstanding as we churn out the Akida 1000; 1500; 2000 ... with many more on the drawing board and in development. These are all technical masterpieces.
5. We are well cashed up to continue the development until revenue exceeds expenditure.
6. Our ground-breaking technology is protected by a growing list of patents and copyright registrations.
7. More staff are constantly being recruited to meet the growing customer demand (while other big tech firms are laying off thousands of personnel). That gives me lots of confidence
8. And for those shareholders who don't seem to be getting enough feedback from management I have a few suggestions for you:
a. Get off your arse and look at the company web site. Just about everything you want to know (that the company is allowed to tell you) is there.
b. If there is something specific you need to know then ring or send an email to our investor relations person Tony. It's not that hard you know.
c. Stop whingeing here over and over, and crapping all over our wonderful research exchange.
9. We KNOW what's coming and we know it takes time for the commercial products to hit the streets so remember, patience is a virtue. (Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!) LOL

And on a final note. I will be attending the AGM in Sydney where I hope to meet a lot of other LT shareholders. Stay positive everyone. You will live longer, and be happier.
Cheers
Deena
A great post @Deena. Thank you 🙏

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Violin1

Regular

Hi AG - not sure “promised” is quite right. I think it fair to ask what’s changed and what progress made at the AGM but, in fairness, no guarantees were made.

I’m still looking forward to the revenue eventually though!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Alwaysgreen, I appreciate that some posters (including myself) are disappointed with lack of evidence of explosive sales yet, but I urge you to be cautious in the way that you stretch the terminology on what is said and by implication, who is responsible.

For instance, when did management PROMISE explosive sales? Or when did they PROMISE revenue growth exceeding sales by the end of 2022. Especially considering that our management is does not even sell the finished product and are not responsible for these sales. Predicted would even be too strong a word. Perhaps the correct terminology would be expected.

The fact that this growth has not been quite as fast as we all expected is not a reflection on our management as they do not control this, but on other factors that has been beyond any of our control. These have also been mentioned by management as headwinds (that they have listed) since announcing expectations. We should NOT crucify our management for trying to make some assessment and conveying this to us, of when we can expect products to hit the market that will result in additional revenue. Management should be encouraged to give us some guidance of what they expect despite this being out of their actual control. I commend them for attempting to do this.

The things that our management can control however, I believe they are continuing to deliver in spades. The technology is continuing to advance pretty much on schedule; they are building the ecosystems and partnerships to develop and distribute products containing our technology; necessary staff appointments are being made to advance the things that our company CAN control. For that our management should be congratulated.

In conclusion, I believe our management is delivering in spades. If anything someone needs to put a firecracker under the arses of some of our customers to get these advanced products into the marketplace sooner. DYOR
Deena
Well said and put together 👏

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Xray1

Regular

For instance, when did management PROMISE explosive sales? Or when did they PROMISE revenue growth exceeding sales by the end of 2022. Especially considering that our management does not even sell the finished product and are not responsible for these sales. Predicted would even be too strong a word. Perhaps the correct terminology would be expected.

Deena
I think I just found " Deena " as my new replacement for "FF"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

TECH

Regular
Well said and put together 👏

Good morning, I totally agree with Deena's excellently worded, well balanced post.

Maybe we should consider starting a long term holders forum, membership requirement minimum of 5 years, balanced opinions, or facts that can be 100% backed up, Not promoting a fanboy club, rather one that encourages, mature, educated, well-researched open discussion.

Markets worldwide are volatile on a day to day basis, if you truly believe in what you have invested in, as I do, well time will take care of everything and ultimately smooth things over the journey, I feel the frustration of many, but personally my review date still sits very comfortably in my mind.

Whether we are 3 years or 5 years ahead of the mob, being out in front means we are the ones clearing the path for the rest, we are the ones
whom are feeling the most headwinds, "perceived resistance" to change.

As I thought, AKD 1500 is/will be released to our integrators, Renesas products in a few months, AKD 2000 in late summer early fall, meaning,
August/September 2023.

AKD 3000 being developed as we speak, things are moving but because everyone of us is different, as in, time lines, expectations, money pressures, anxiety, life pressures in general, we cope in different ways, I understand all that, but ultimately you make that decision, and it all comes back to that magic word:

CHOICE

Tech from sunny Perth :cool:(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

Cardpro

Regular
It has been discussed that Valeo and Brainchip are in partnership so potentially, they don't need to sign an IP agreement but once sales commence, we should just see revenue flowing through.

I hope this is the case.
Although I hope I am wrong, I don't think that will be the case... they will need to agree on the licensing fee before revenue flows in I think... (unless somehow it flows through MegaChips or Renesas)...

Reactions: 1 users
This may be my last post before being consigned to the naughty corner for a wee bit because I got about 5 dreadbotts in a row. Hopefully it’ll only be a temporary ban.

Anyways, it’s a great ecosystem we’re building, a bit like a “funky town“ of collaborative partners like Arm, Si-Five, MegaChips,etc.

No doubt this post will be reported too, for being off topic or profane or something. Never mind, it’s a groovy song! 💋

♥️ To All

You contribute so much good stuff that a little funky stuff will be looked upon as a misprint

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

GStocks123

Regular
Although I hope I am wrong, I don't think that will be the case... they will need to agree on the licensing fee before revenue flows in I think... (unless somehow it flows through MegaChips or Renesas)...
Yes they will, as Tony previously stated.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom