BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Oh dear. That's a bit embarrassing. Better call Saul BrainChip!

The article states "Tesla's name for its trademark driver-assistance system lacks “common sense,” according to the country’s top transportation regulator."

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 2.17.45.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-name-buttigieg-says?leadSource=uverify wall

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

ndefries

Regular
Soooo. Chat GPT 4 is coming soon. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/14/chat-gpt-4-new-model

one interesting point of the upgrade is...

The function will allow GPT-4 to analyze and respond to images that are submitted alongside prompts and answer questions or perform tasks based on those images. “GPT-4 is not just a language model, it is also a vision model,” Brockman said, “It can flexibly accept inputs that intersperse images and text arbitrarily, kind of like a document.”

Heres hoping the vision transformers in Akida 2 and the comments from Sean are leading to Akida supporting Chat GPT.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Steve10

Regular
Renesas Cortex-M85 in news.

embedded world 2023 daily wrap, day 1: edge AI, boards, and software tools​

March 14, 2023 Nitin Dahad
Our editors talk about the highlights from day 1 of embedded world 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany

Our editors are on the ground at embedded world 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany, reporting on the latest updates at the global platform where the embedded community comes together to discuss all things embedded—including embedded system technologies, distributed intelligence and internet of things.

In today’s wrap up, Nitin Dahad, Anne-Françoise Pelé and Sally Ward-Foxton discuss day 1 of embedded world 2023. Key topics of discussion include edge AI, software tools and voice authentication. Sally talked to companies like Renesas, who showed AI running on the Cortex-M85 for the first time. Anne-Francoise comments on her discussion with the MIPI Alliance on the need to integrate more and more sensors, lidar and fast and more efficient networks.

Nitin talks about his conversations with Qualcomm on their new 5G integrated IoT processors and SOMs (systems on module), as well as some of the trends like edge AI, vision, and robotics. He also references his meetings with Green Hills Software and LDRA on tools and analysis for safety critical and mission critical applications in areas like automotive and aerospace and defense.

Sally also highlights trends in TinyML, especially how companies are striving to squeeze a much as possible from resource-constrained environments. In this respect, Nitin also talks about companies like My Voice AI, a startup that has developed a solution for speaker enrolment and authentication for access control applications. He also talked to RF energy harvesting company Atmosic and how the firm is evolving to target energy harvesting in IoT applications.

Finally, Anne-Francoise talks about the trend that’s seeing companies move from hardware centric to software centric architectures, and her conversation with the Eclipse Foundation, and the call for more open source architectures.

Watch the complete video roundup of day one below.

• Fire
  • Love

Schwale

Regular
Back home on PC.

Much criticism has been levelled at Sean Hehir for not communicating with shareholders over the last several months and to some extent this type of criticism has been made since shortly after he took the reins at Brainchip.

My intention is not to debate the merits of the criticism suffice to say I on two occasions have made clear a concern I had about his communication style, but as I am just an old technophobe without any experience of running, for the sake of this discussion a Silicon Valley type technology start-up that originated from Australia currently listed on the ASX and intending to eventually launch on Nasdaq during a time of global turbulence with the major shareholders and founders looking over my shoulder, so I expressed those concerns directly to the company.

In expressing those concerns it was emphasised that the company was in the process of reinventing its corporate branding as a commercial entity and while it appeared to be taking backward steps these measures were essential if the end goals were to be realised.

I probably do not need to write that Tony Dawe has been under almost constant attack for the best part of six months from shareholders concerned about the direction of the company and that over this time the company has only poorly at one level communicated the importance of what was taking place to set the foundations for success.

These foundations can be summed up from the company's point of view in the one word "ECOSYSTEMS".

So if we look at the avalanche of news over the last couple of weeks, today's promise by Sean Hehir of more to come, and the focus of today's podcast fronted by Sean Hehir being "ECOSYSTEMS" and the qualifications of the guest to speak precisely on this point it is my impression that this podcast was Sean Hehir trying to explain to shareholders why the pain of the last 18 months since his appointment had been necessary.

I posted earlier a quote relating to competitors but the overall paper is about whether the world is ready for neuromorphic computing and in essence it does nothing if not make clear that in the absence of what Sean Hehir and his guest describe as "Ecosystems" an AKIDA technology revolution cannot take place.

Building these "ECOSYSTEMS" is not sexy, it does not bring in immediate income but without technology "ECOSYSTEMS" AKIDA will have no value to anyone.

Sean Hehir used at the AGM last year his three legged chair to describe what he was doing and how without one of the legs a three legged chair cannot stand or be of any use.

"ECOSYSTEMS" were one of the legs of this chair and today was Sean Hehir attempting to explain with the assistance of someone who has done it for Nvidia why taking the time to build "ECOSYSTEMS" to support AKIDA technology just had to be accomplished otherwise failure would be the outcome.

I hope that this podcast has drawn a line in the sand and that going forward we will see a change in the communication that takes place with shareholders and in this regard I am not talking about lots of IP licence agreements being announced what I am talking about is a less introspective style, one where Sean Hehir takes on fully the role of visionary CEO leading from the front confident that all the foundations needed including "ECOSYSTEMS" are firmly in place.

If this all sounds a bit Tesla-ish having a vision that shareholders, customers and "ECOSYSTEM" partners can embrace is in my opinion absolutely essential if Brainchip is to lead the Artificial Intelligence revolution and have the world follow AKIDA technology science fiction forward into the 4th Industrial Revolution.

Well you did ask.😁😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Excellent summation Fact Finder and truly forward looking thoughts generously shared as always. After listening to this podcast i am even more convinced that the path taken will lead us to ultimate success.

There will come a day in 10 to 15 years time the valuation of Brainchip sitting on the NASDAQ exchange with a value equal to if not greater than Nvidia stock price!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

Steve10

Regular
The Arm Cortex-M85 processor Renesas was using at Embedded World for demo is a new Renesas product yet to be released.

The chip was covered with a white sticker with M85.

Should get an announcement when Renesas launch the new chip with Akida IP.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users

Steve10

Regular
The new Renesas chips using ARM Cortex-M85 are most likely in production now pre-launch.

Wonder how many million they will manufacture & when the royalty is paid?

Maybe they have orders already from OEM's.

10M chips x 30c = $3M revenue would be a good start.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Newk R

Regular
Shit, I hope it comes quicker, I won't be around in 15 years time🙂
I'm with you buddy. I'd prefer 15 days. I'm hopeful of making that.🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Shit, I hope it comes quicker, I won't be around in 15 years time🙂
Neither will I but hopefully my family is sitting around saying nice things about me.😂🤣🤡🤣😂

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 44 users

Calsco

Regular
The new Renesas chips using ARM Cortex-M85 are most likely in production now pre-launch.

Wonder how many million they will manufacture & when the royalty is paid?

Maybe they have orders already from OEM's.

10M chips x 30c = $3M revenue would be a good start.
I think this has been discussed before but I could be wrong, the royalties are paid once the chips are manufactured that way we still get paid even if the product doesn’t sell.

• Thinking
  • Fire

mototrans

Regular
Mmm......... interesting mccabe84. common event huh ?
I recently had to replace an aircraft battery (lead acid) and looked hard for a suitable Lithium replacement to help reduce weight (aerobatic aircraft) and improve performance.
After talking/researching the various types of Lithium batteries I decided to stay with a normal lead acid battery as I could not be convinced by salesmen or marketing that a Lithium battery would not suddenly have a "thermal runaway" event while pulling a 5 g maneuver.
One battery salesman even suggested I would be able to use my parachute if such event happened, to which I did not bother trying to explain that the battery is located behind the pilots seat some 8 inchs from the "parachute" . :rolleyes:

Back to a heavy old lead acid battery yet again! Maybe one day...........

Yak52 :cool:
Have a look at Graphene... we use them in RC applications because it tends not to burn whats left following a "undesired aircraft state" landing.. i think the only negative could be potential fluctuating discharge rates which sensitive equipment might not like.. like everything, i think it has the potential to become a game changer with development...

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Don't sweat it Brother.
I just had a quick look back at my records and note that I spent most of 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 underwater ranging from 15 - 63% down.
Wasn't really till mid 2020 that I got to breathe again and have been in positive territory, sometimes spectacularly so, ever since.
And we know those times will come again.
We are on the good ship Brainchip and whilst we are currently in somewhat choppy waters with an annoying headwind and enduring the merciless privations of pirates, we are on a sound vessel with an excellent Skipper and crew, guided by our proven North star, PVDM.
Our turbines are now firing up and at some point soon we will be making solid headway again, leaving the detritus and stench of the malodorous rat people behind, free to devour each other.
We are on our way to the promised land and we who have endured have earned the right to a prosperous future.

Bring it, Brainchip!
Thanks. Yeah I’m not worried. It’s more of a “ohhh efff me…”. Then my rational brain side takes over and I decide to just not look at it for a while ;).

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I think this has been discussed before but I could be wrong, the royalties are paid once the chips are manufactured that way we still get paid even if the product doesn’t sell.
I think that this is one in the same with Renesas. Having their own foundries they operate a just in time model where they only produce a chip in response to an order.

They get an order from Qualcomm for a million MCUs. They produce the MCUs and ship the MCUs to Qualcomm and issue the invoice.

However as Brainchip is the minnow the shark tells it how and where it can swim and as such we can all only guess at what terms of trade Brainchip to get a sale will agree too and what terms of trade Renesas will offer on a take it or leave it basis. Once AKIDA technology is ubiquitous then these sort of issues will be reversed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Know your shorter!
Recent documentary on their behaviour and general repulsiveness.
Apparently once they've had their fill they will just fall off.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Steve10

Regular
ARM chips sold per year in chart.

Looks to have gained traction around 2000 when dial up internet was growing & growth increased when ADSL was launched early 2000's.

Internet has matured. Now it's AI & IoT growth.

1678854368828.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Have a look at Graphene... we use them in RC applications because it tends not to burn whats left following a "undesired aircraft state" landing.. i think the only negative could be potential fluctuating discharge rates which sensitive equipment might not like.. like everything, i think it has the potential to become a game changer with development...
"Graphene" - Have a look at Talga - Silicon/graphene anode in lithium battery.

Reactions: 8 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

rgupta

Regular
49% down in my portfolio…

Time to not look at the account for a while. I have confidence this will go up and beyond my modest expectations. But days like the last few have been interesting for ones conviction. I’m still 100% sure I make money back however. So it’s just a step back. Breath. And move on.
I am not a trading expert. But when you look at the shorter activity there we 5 million shares shorted last week only. So when the shorters are so active the only way to out of that is a big announcement. If we get get one then it is good or you can chalk out a strategy based upon your belief in the technology.
Just a reminder every technology company had gone through these patches. Tesla is the latest example of late. Even companies like apple had gone through same type of a patch and it is not extraordinary.
Dyor

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

VictorG

Seems like Teksun have updated their partner page.

Screenshot_20230315_153430_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 89 users
Top Bottom