1678839752971.png

1678839766505.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

TECH

Regular
Great find @stuart888

So we are partnering Teksun in providing AI for Toshiba, Cisco and Linaro. Very exciting. But just how far have we gone with Teksun? Surely a price sensitive ASX announcement should already out, or at least very soon?

Very interesting, as it's been publicly posted on Teksun's home page.

This statement needs to either be confirmed or denied by Brainchip and have Teksun remove that as non-factual if that proves to be the case.

Brainchip_Logo_Blk_RGB-400x106-1.png

BrainChip is a technology company that develops advanced AI and machine learning solutions for edge devices. Their products and services are designed to enable the deployment of AI and machine learning deployment on edge devices without requiring significant power.

BrainChip's solutions have applications in various industries, including security, surveillance, automotive, and smart homes. The company has partnered with several companies, including Toshiba, Cisco, and Linaro, to integrate its technology into their products.

My opinion only.

Tech :rolleyes:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

MrNick

Regular
Maybe I have selective hearing. Just my thought on the podcast.

"Ecosystem" = Essential in the tech industries

"Believes" = Benefits = Results AKD1000 AKD1500, AKD 2.0.

"Developer's" = Just Edge Impulse alone, 60000 developer's.

"Focus" = Management is focused in growing the business.

"Partners" ARM, Intel, SiFi, MegaChips, Socionext and more!

"AI is the most disruptive technology we are seeing in our lifetime"

"Inferencing" @ low-power at the edge= Akida

"Telchnology for today and tomorrow"

"Transformer" more to come 👏👏👏

"Exciting year"

"Will take time" = Patience will be require.

Learning 🏖
I'm going to add another 'eye' to the 1000........ the 19th Hole! Never was it more evident that the golf course has become the new boardroom.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Yak52

Regular
What is the real evil of short selling. It is the multiplier effect.

In the present case you do not need to own 150 million shares to create 150 million short positions.

To explain:

1. I have 50 million shares and I lend them to you for 6 months.

2. You open your short position by selling 50 million to Institution A off market.

3. Institution A then lends the 50 million to Blind Freddie for 6 months.

4. Blind Freddie opens his 50 million short position off market by selling to Institution B. We now have 100 million short positions open.

5. Institution B then lends 50 million to Jack who opens his short position by selling off market to Institution C. We now have 150 million short positions open.

In theory there can be more short positions open at any one time than there are shares on issue. Now that would create one hell of a short squeeze.

In any event how can fake positions create an equal market for all participants.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Excellent post explaining Short selling ...FF
I see your son has been talking/educating you on this matter (and much more I presume) ;)

I would like to add one other addition which most could understand to this list.

NAKED SHORT SELLING. this has recently gained much attention globally.

It is similar to the above demonstration by FF but with the difference being that any or all of those positions could be done "Naked" ........which means the underlying shares/asset was never held.
ie: CREATING shares to SELL from nothing! the playground of Insto and Market makers.

Also.................apparently a large pecentage of trading is done now .........on the DARK WEB between Market Makers etc ..........BEFORE being committed on the normal ASX trading platform.
a "Special Off Market" within the Market so to speak. This accounts also for price fixing arrangements.

ASX......a level, equal playing field for all ..............(so they say)

Yak52 :cool:

Reactions: 2 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
After Teksun stated on their website that we are working with Toshiba, thought I would do a little digging.

work digging GIF

Toshihide Fujiyoshi is the Project Manage from MegaChips & he reposted the press release - BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in Global Foundries 22nm FD SOI.

But before he joined MegaChips he worked at Toshiba for 17 years & 9 months :unsure:

1678840444856.png

1678840499174.png

1678840510311.png

1678840519198.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Diogenese

Top 20
And since the joint research centre initiative between Cisco and Brainchip Cisco seemed inevitable particularly where intelligent router security was concerned.

Toshiba has occasionally been a dot and at one point in the distant past I think Tech hinted at Toshiba as a possibility.

I personally would be surprised if Teksun used CHATGpt as they would know Brainchip is partnered with ARM, SiFive and Intel and why would you not check the content and it would stick out like the proverbial that they were not included.

I personally have no reason to doubt Teksun.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This had dropped off my LidaR:

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-and...ng-neural-adaptive-processor-snap-technology/

BrainChip signs an agreement with the Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Center to demonstrate BrainChip’s SNAP technology​

Highlights

• BrainChip signs an agreement with the Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Center to demonstrate BrainChip’s SNAP technology;
  • The first demonstration will commence in December of 2016 and showcase traffic monitoring and advanced analysis capabilities;
  • A second demonstration focusing on an in-vehicle camera for hazard detection and road safety is also being developed as part of the agreement

ALISO VIEJO, CA — (Marketwired) — 12/02/16 — BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN), (“BrainChip” or “the Company”), a leading developer of software and hardware accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications, is pleased to announce that it has signed a collaboration agreement with the Cisco Internet of Everything Innovation Center (CIIC) to develop a series of demonstrations utilizing BrainChip’s Spiking Neuron Adaptive Processor (SNAP) technology.

CIIC is an industry and research collaboration center at Curtin University, established by Cisco with foundation partners Curtin University and Woodside Energy Limited. With access to advanced facilities and a global industry network, the CIIC is designed to build and foster innovation in an open environment to solve industry problems.

The first demonstration will showcase traffic monitoring and advanced analysis capabilities that will capitalize on the strength of the SNAP technology.

The SNAP Advantage

BrainChip’s SNAP technology can quickly learn, recognize and track complex objects in real time from multiple sources, such as video camera feeds.

The SNAP technology provides users a significant edge in a wide range of applications. Current traffic management systems must collect and store data, which then needs to be analyzed either manually or using an algorithm. This is a multi-stage process. In contrast, SNAP has the ability to perform the analysis on a single chip or circuit board with little instruction, making a SNAP-based solution significantly cheaper and faster to implement and maintain.

Demonstration One: Traffic Modeling and Advanced Analysis

Using SNAP technology, a computing platform connected to cameras placed at key locations on roads, end users can automatically:

• Identify vehicle types
  • Count and categorize all vehicles
  • Detect pedestrians
  • Automatically produce real time traffic reports
The demonstration will include lab and field trials that will demonstrate the benefits of the BrainChip SNAP technology.

Demonstration Two: In-Vehicle Camera Solution

BrainChip is also developing an in-vehicle platform utilizing the SNAP technology, leveraging Cisco’s products where applicable, to perform three types of information processing:

• Positioning will use GPS information to record the location and speed of vehicles
  • Computer Vision for road sign identification and detection, pedestrian detection, object detection in front of the vehicle and alarm generation to alert the driver
  • Data Analytics to create a driving report that will contain locations traveled, speed of the vehicle and objects detected on the journey.

Back in 2016, they were using BrainChip SNAP. It would be interesting to compare it to its great-great grandchild.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Greetings Earthlings,

Cisco is a no-brainer IMO because we've already worked with Cisco (and NASA and Amason and Lockheed Martin) IN OUTER SPACE in a collaboration that resulted in a new technology, christened, “Callisto" which also incorporated Cisco’s Webex communications.

Thanks to a yet undiclosed technology, otherwise known as AKIDA IMO🥳.

Webex.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 11.34.05 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Wow,

Massive.

Cisco was always a possibility.

Toshiba is plausible.

Linaro looks good too and have a strong ARM connection:

View attachment 32156

Already a great day and still got the podcast to listen to!

😀
Interesting that Linaro refer to standardization and BrainChip have just announced Akida gen 2 has 8-bit compatibility, which all the big boys are talking about, and somewhere there was a reference to Akida gen 2 having 8-bit model libraries/weights and 4-bit activations.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Bravo

Check out this "vineyard pest monitoring" which is a "must-have" for any vineyard to install incase I come visit. But, on a serious note, it says here "using Edge Impulse for machine learning, so it could feasibly include AKIDA IP IMO.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 11.07.0.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Calsco

Regular
I like these two parts in the podcast

- Edge AI is about to explode
- Sean stating to watch this space very soon regarding transformers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

Linaro + Arm + Qualcomm.

Who just said "ecosystems very are important"?🥳

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 11.55.2.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 11.53.0.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 11.54.0.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 11.54.0.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
After Teksun stated on their website that we are working with Toshiba, thought I would do a little digging.

work digging GIF

Toshihide Fujiyoshi is the Project Manage from MegaChips & he reposted the press release - BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in Global Foundries 22nm FD SOI.

But before he joined MegaChips he worked at Toshiba for 17 years & 9 months :unsure:

View attachment 32173

View attachment 32174

View attachment 32175

View attachment 32176

And a few interesting people have liked it the repost to

Principal Software Engineer | MCSD | Azure | .NET | gRPC
Lead investigator - Victorian Government
Senior Partner Manager - Arm
Customer Success Manager - Cloud Architect at IBM
Australian Army at Defence force
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ACoAAAxZ0dQBsW6wvYEzrN0H6ZEXBoZL-o1u-4w

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I watched this and ......

Well, .... for Brainchip stockholders such as myself, the Synaptics interview was unsettling. Starting at the 3 hour 52 minute mark it is remarkably what I imagine a Brainchip interview might sound like. Certainly I must be missing something in my understanding of the 3 year abvantage Brainchip says they have over the competition which I imagine Synaptics would be considered to be. Synaptics sure looks like they are a formibable competetitor.

I would love to see an interview with Anil Mankar commenting on a review of the Synoptics interview minute by minute.

Anyone else care to comment on the Synaptics segment? Regards, dippY
Hi Dippy,

I haven't watched the video, but my records show that, in 2019, Synaptics were using a software NN:

US11076080B2 Under-display image sensor for eye tracking 2019-12-05

1678842129473.png

A method for eye tracking is disclosed. The method may include receiving a first image captured by a first camera based at least in part on reflections of light emitted by a light source. The reflections may be partially occluded by an electronic display disposed in front of the first camera. The method may further include detecting an eye of a user in the partially occluded first image and determining a position or orientation of the eye relative to the electronic display.

[030] ... In some embodiments, a neural network model (e.g., a convolutional neural network (CNN)) or other algorithm may be used to filter out noise or interference, such as a “screen door effect,” from the occlusions by the display pixels and/or display subpixels. The resulting image may be used for eye tracking or other applications.

[0120] For example, the processor 1120 may execute the image filtering SW module 1132 to filter images received via the camera interfaces 1114 and/or 1116 . In executing the image filtering SW module 1132 , the processor 1120 may use the neural network model 1133 or other algorithm to filter, reduce, or eliminate noise (such as a screen door effect) or interference from images received via the camera interfaces 1114 and/or 1116

Is there anything in the video which suggests a hardware digital SNN?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

Like I said, it's a no-brainer.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 12.07.3.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Can we put competitors to bed with the following extract:

“Currently existing neuromorphic architectures include
• IBM TrueNorth,
• Intel Loihi,
• Tianjic,
• SpiNNaker,
• BrainScaleS,
• NeuronFlow,
• DYNAP, and
• Akida.

Some of the above architectures are fully neuromorphic [31,32], while other remain hybrid, meaning that they use asynchronous circuits together with synchronous proces- sors [33,34].

Despite the field being still in its infancy, the first commercial neuromorphic processor was made available worldwide in August 2021. It is Akida from Australian company BrainChip. Unfortunately, these hardware platforms are very expensive at the time of writing and (apart from Akida) not feasibly available.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
We could add Synsense, Hailo and Rain. Maybe Qualcomm?

I think NeuronFlow isn't a company, it's GrAI Matter that makes NeuronFlow.

How many of those sell IP blocks (crucial to IoT and AIoT) that is implementable in other chips?

How many of them do Vision Transformers and TENN?

How many have one shot learning?

I think we will not have much direct competition for some years at least.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

robsmark

Regular
Then they can't comment..
I think that would depend on how the NDA was written. It could be that once the initiator (let’s assume that is the client) has broken the NDA, then it become obsolete.

I’m keen to see the companies response here.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Reduce development time with the following handpicked reference solutions. The low power consumption performance of the RL78 MCU extends battery life and drives various applications using a small amount of energy. For more information on each reference solution, please click the following links.
Reduce Development Time with RL78 Reference Solutions​

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

TECH

Regular
I think that would depend on how the NDA was written. It could be that once the initiator (let’s assume that is the client) has broken the NDA, then it become obsolete.

I’m keen to see the companies response here.

The Director of Global IR would probably be flooded with emails today, not from me though.

I was told that once Mercedes mentioned us at last years CES we could comment, as the NDA had in fact appeared to have been ........
but this comment turned out to be false.

I expect that one line on Teksuns website will be removed, lets see, that way the company aren't required to make any comment
and nor is Teksun.

My view only.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom