BRN Discussion Ongoing

TECH

Regular
Eight days ago Teksun was named as a "new partner", to write what was on their "own" home website wasn't a mistake as such, they heard that from someone within the know, to suggest that Teksun just pulled those company names out of thin air is ridiculous, things can get lost in translation believe it or not (Mr Ripley) and that NDA could have been interpreted as "Normal Disclosure Allowed"

But for the sake of not causing any waves, I believe that those 3 named companies are in the same ballpark, lets play ball AKIDA :ROFLMAO::geek:(y)

My own opinion, right or wrong, who really cares, Brainchip's got champion written all over it! ;)

Tech (Perth) x

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Paraphrase "Where an NDA exists, we can neither confirm nor deny ..."
not that anyone noticed any waddling or quacking going on.
To late I reckon on this one, the ducks have knocked down the temporary pen and are making a run for it.
ducks lots GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Take this with a grain of salt. However, its still a nice feeling reading it. Taken From FB.
Screenshot_20230315_174040_Chrome.jpg

Learning 🏖

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 2799

No
Tony has replied to an email of mine enquiring about the Teksun situation.

"Hi ____

Thanks for your email.

The previous statement on Teksun’s website was not posted with BrainChip’s permission, knowledge or approval. It has now been removed from their website.

The statement that is now on the Teksun website is approved by BrainChip.

I appreciate you’re seeking clarity over potential commercial arrangements that relate to the previous unapproved statement, but that statement was not made by BrainChip.

The only statement that has any validity is the one on Teksun’s website now, because it has BrainChip’s approval.

As you know, when BrainChip wants to announce a new commercial partnership, that is not deemed to be “material and/ or price sensitive”, we do so through a media release and post it on our website.

If we want to announce a material and/or price sensitive matter, then we do so via the ASX company announcement platform, as required by the ASX Listing Rules and our Continuous Disclosure Obligations.

In this case, we have done neither.

Regards"

Very fast response and Tony kept it very professional and tight lipped as expected. I've got my own interpretation of what this means but wouldn't want to influence others. Everyone can form their own opinions as to what this means.
Holy cow! This is some serious shtshow from TekSun. Braini keep repeating that they didn't approve it, but now they just released the approved version? What the actual fck?😂 I can't even... It's just my opinion, but it sounds like they really screwed up big time… let’s see what comes next…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Well that's a combination capable of burning up the world's annual electricity supply in a weekend.
Haha 😂 that’s funny. Looks like they need Akida2 to the rescue lol cheers. Vlad

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Ok those people who are targeting me, you've won. I'm deleting my account.

• Sad
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Steve10

Regular
Toshiba also mentions with growth of IoT the cloud will not cope. Edge computing is required. I think article is from 2017.

1678863830377.png

Real-time processing of site data is one of the key issues involved in implementing digital transformation. It is an extremely difficult challenge to collect all diverse IoT (Internet of Things) data, which is generated at an extremely high, millisecond rate, in a data center, store it in databases, and use time-series variations to catch even the tiniest irregular values. From the perspective of heavy network load with these explosive data, as well, data processing which relies on cloud computing presents a major hurdle to realizing digital transformation. What is needed is a high-speed, efficient data processing platform which minimizes the amount of data communications between worksites and the cloud, while performing immediate on-site processing at the same time. Let's look at SmartEDA, the embodiment of the edge computing positioned as one of the core technologies in SPINEX.

A core technology of SPINEX that supports cooperation between clouds and edges​

Cloud services are used in a variety of business and daily life situations. Big data collected via the IoT system is effectively analyzed using AI (Artificial Intelligence), providing users high levels of convenience and new experiences. In the past, in order to perform these processes rapidly while responding to environmental and social changes, all data has been gathered in the cloud.

However, the more service becomes sophisticated, the wider and greater varieties and volume of IoT data becomes, such as sensor data, images, audio, and video. At the same time, the scope of acquired data is also expanding; from factory, building, and field equipment and devices to social infrastructure information, such as power usage conditions and transportation information, and information regarding people's behaviors, situations, and emotions. As the amount of cloud data expands, purely cloud-based service provision will reach at its limits. Cloud alone will not be able to handle these explosive data.

This is why Toshiba has been at the forefront of “edge computing.” By providing devices and gateways with intelligence, processing can be performed in the worksite, closer to end users. Clouds and edges (sites) are linked and optimization is achieved while performing autonomous, distributed processing. This makes it possible to perform high-speed processing of IoT data using appropriate devices and at appropriate locations, while minimizing communications delays and the loads placed on clouds. Performing on-site processing of data requiring real-time processing and cloud processing of data which is accumulated before processing helps produce more effective data utilization methods and create innovative services. It is believed that the use of edge computing along with cloud computing keeps growing, and 40% of the data now kept on clouds will be migrated to edges by 2020. In the future, edge computing will be expected to make major contributions to automated driving systems and drone-based monitoring systems.

Advanced intelligence and flexible rules​

Edge computing is one of the core technologies in Toshiba's SPINEX IoT architecture. Large amounts of data, arranged in chronological order, undergo efficient collaborative distributed processing at the site and in the cloud. Because of the rapid reaction speeds of sites and the advanced analysis in the cloud, edge computing is ideal solution for realizing digital transformation.

Toshiba's SmartEDA is a data collection and event processing platform for building using edge computing technology. It is composed of SmartEDA Agents, which autonomously process data in devices and gateways, and SmartEDA Servers, which collect data from clouds, factories, facilities, and the like, and perform device management. Intelligent devices and servers communicate with each other, performing different roles, to reduce the volume of communications between sites and clouds while performing immediate processing of site data (Fig. 1).

1678864000472.png

One of SmartEDA Agent's major features is its edge intelligence. It possesses various algorithms and determination functions to rapidly detect irregularities in data which arrives every matter of milliseconds, and to issue alerts and perform automatic processing. For example, it performs 3 sigma analysis, using sensor values for a specified time interval as an analysis population and identifying not only deviating values but also gradual changes and degradation trends. Log pattern detection finds out specified patterns in log data. An IF-THEN rule engine issues notifications and performs automatic processing based on edge data values and combinations of values.

Event information detected on the edge is stored in the cloud and is available for analysis. With machine learning, event acquiring accuracy, such as abnormalities, is expected to increase. On the other hand, on the cloud side, multiple events are combined and used in compound data processing. This makes it possible to detect chain reactions and errors caused by interference, as well as signs of these phenomena occurring in the imminent future, and implement proactive control and preventative maintenance.

Another of SmartEDA's features is its convenience. It allows detected events and processing rules obtained via big data analysis in the cloud to configure in-site agents. It does not merely send information to site devices, but is capable of configuring and changing rules tailored to site device configurations. It can manage configuration information, such as what gateway devices are connected to what machine tools, as well as the version numbers of the software in the machine tools, helping to tailor rules to specific devices. Because of this function, edge computing is suitable not only for periodic use in mass production manufacturing lines, but also in small lot, high variety production in which products, components, and materials change dynamically.

Wide-ranging potential of SmartEDA, from maintenance efficiency improvement to use together with location information​

SmartEDA not only monitors and detects irregularities in factory device, but also possesses innovative functions for supporting field IoT solutions. In conventional device and equipment maintenance, when outage notifications are received it is common to not know which components need to be replaced until on-site examination completed. The components are then ordered and engineer visited again for its replacement.

SmartEDA's remote access function makes remote maintenance easy, reducing costs and maintenance times. Site gateway devices are logged into via the cloud and device conditions and logs can be checked remotely. This makes it possible to determine components replacement timing in advance.

SmartEDA also provides functions for simply and efficiently organizing and managing applications customers use for individual operations and issues, such as information display functions linked with wide area maps, facility floor maps, and store floor maps.

SmartEDA has potential for use in a wide range of scenarios thanks to its real-time data processing capabilities rooted in edge intelligence and its ability to provide advanced manageability and convenience in mobile form.

Agents can be installed in smartphones and used in place of gateway devices to combine information obtained from sensors with smartphone GPS (Global Positioning System) positioning information and send it to the cloud.

For example, in the distribution field, truck locations, cargo conditions such as temperatures and cargo volumes, and the like can be tracked and used to optimize truck allocation and reduce delivery risks. SmartEDA has been used in pilot tests to assess cooling conditions and shock information for fresh vegetable delivery trucks, analyze and optimize delivery, and identify delivery container locations. By being combined with IF-THEN rule engines, it can automatically perform required processing when necessary, based on sensor conditions and the locations of smartphone users by processing and notification settings configured in advance.

Work is underway for vehicle-mounted gateways, for use in vehicle IoTs using SmartEDA.

We are also considering integration SmartEDA with LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) wireless technology, which is capable of transferring data several kilometers. LPWA enables to acquire information from sensors distributed over a wide area while using extremely little power. IoT use case will be expanding tremendously by LPWA. This will further expand the usage scope of SmartEDA, which performs initial data processing, irregularity detection, and decision-making in site devices and gateway devices.

By realizing digital transformation with edge computing, nothing would make us happier than if SmartEDA were to help to creating richer industries and society.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

M_C

Founding Member
I have said it many times when this place is used for its proper purpose to share thoughts (not anxieties) and research this is as close to insider trading as you will get without breaking the law. Many thanks @stuart888 . You see Americans are nice people too.😂🤣😂

However lets look at what Teksun replaced Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro with:

"BrainChip is a technology company making AI everywhere easier to deploy and scale. It’s neuromorphic processor called, Akida™, is pure digital and is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning and high-speed inference in a wide variety of use cases, making it cost effective and simple to implement. Designed for sustainable AI, Akida™, performs complex functions at the device level, delivering a real-time, instant response.

BrainChip's solutions have applications in various industries, including automotive, smart homes, security and surveillance. The company has partnered with industry leaders such as Arm, Mercedes Benz, and Renesas driving intelligence into next generation device
s."

So,

I knew
Brainchip had partnered with ARM its on their website.

I DID NOT know that Brainchip had partnered with Renesas to drive intelligence into next generation devices what was announced on the ASX was that Renesas had purchased two nodes of AKIDA IP and more recently that Renesas had taped out its own chip which it would be bringing to market later in 2023. Even Chippy said in his magazine interview that they had purchased what they needed from Brainchip fullstop. No ongoing partnership was implied in any way shape or form.

I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT KNOW THAT MERCEDES BENZ HAD PARTNERED WITH BRAINCHIP TO DRIVE INTELLIGENCE INTO NEXT GENERATION DEVICES because all I was told by Brainchip was they could not talk about Mercedes Benz other than to say they continued to work with Mercedes Benz and Mercedes Benz had said they were working with artificial intelligence experts Brainchip. Just because you are working with someone it does not mean it is a partnership nor does it signal anything about your future intentions. Brainchip has on its website that they are trusted by Mercedes Benz. I am trust my brother-in-law but I am not in partnership. This is a significant statement of intent.

Given this is a revised statement I think it is reasonable to conclude that both Teksun and Brainchip have agreed on this wording. Indeed Tony Dawe has said Brainchip has approved this new wording. As such I am just as excited if not more so by what it now publicly reveals. The significance in my opinion dictates the conclusion that Teksun had leverage and wanted something of equal or greater significance to replace Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro with for the purpose of driving their customers interest in a Teksun Brainchip product offerings. In other words if you don't want us to use Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro what can we use?

I hope that our German investor friends take comfort from the fact that this partnership between Mercedes Benz and Brainchip to drive intelligence into next generation devices has now been publicly confirmed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
** - removes mercedes from website....🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Yak52

Regular
Have a look at Graphene... we use them in RC applications because it tends not to burn whats left following a "undesired aircraft state" landing.. i think the only negative could be potential fluctuating discharge rates which sensitive equipment might not like.. like everything, i think it has the potential to become a game changer with development...

err....ok . Will this Graphine battery start a 6cyl 280 HP aircraft engine? And run radios & transponder also?

Yak52

Reactions: 1 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Sent an email to Tony, asking if the Company can comment 👍
I've received an email from Tony Dawe, who had checked with Rob Telson (italics are Tony and Teksun).

"Teksun have just updated their website.

BrainChip has approved this statement."

Teksun

"The company has partnered with industry leaders such as Arm, Mercedes Benz, and Renesas driving intelligence into next generation devices."

The "juicy" bits are gone and no further discussion will be entered into 😛
So it is now just conjecture and speculation.

Maybe a hint of what is to come?..

Thanks for the replies Tony 👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Steve10

Regular

View attachment 32228

I reckon Akida IP is in STM32. They are on my target list. Same market as Renesas.

Anil wouldn't like them if they were BRN competitors. So must be NDA partners.

A set of tools to enable Edge AI
on STM32 MCU, MPU and smart sensors​

Embedded AI can improve many solutions in a simple, fast, and cost-effective way.
Predictive maintenance, IoT products, smart buildings, asset tracking, people counting and more.
Learn how these applications can become smarter by making data meaningful with machine learning!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users
I reckon Akida IP is in STM32. They are on my target list. Same market as Renesas.

Anil wouldn't like them if they were BRN competitors. So must be NDA partners.

A set of tools to enable Edge AI​

on STM32 MCU, MPU and smart sensors​

Embedded AI can improve many solutions in a simple, fast, and cost-effective way.
Predictive maintenance, IoT products, smart buildings, asset tracking, people counting and more.
Learn how these applications can become smarter by making data meaningful with machine learning!

Not necessarily Anil Mankar has friends through out the industry. He also knows the uniqueness of his AKIDA technology solution so his likes can be seen as good luck when it does not work I am always at the end of the phone.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Steve10

Regular
A peek at some of STMicroelectronics' customers & applications.
Not necessarily Anil Mankar has friends through out the industry. He also knows the uniqueness of his AKIDA technology solution so his likes can be seen as good luck when it does not work I am always at the end of the phone.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The STM site is loaded with applications all mentioned by BRN. If not now then definitely in future.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
A peek at some of STMicroelectronics' customers & applications.

The STM site is loaded with applications all mentioned by BRN. If not now then definitely in future.
I am not saying you are definitely wrong but Anil Mankar likes are problematic because he is so well known in the industry and respected. He is just a genuine nice person so his likes and interest in others is not always about Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
D

Deleted member 118

Seems I should check my emails more often 🙄..

The 1000 eyes, don't miss a beat.. Or should that be blink?..

55DBFE88-BAD9-4DAF-B0AB-E08C1B422870.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom