BRN Discussion Ongoing

Steve10

Regular
Have been reviewing the MCU market & Renesas is mentioned in all reports. It's another huge market within the AI market.

The global microcontroller market size was USD 30.63 billion in 2021. The market is projected to reach USD 51.13 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 7.6%.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/microcontroller-market-106430

Was looking to identify Renesas' competitors in the reports as potential BRN customers.

The following companies appear in the reports:

Fujitsu

Cypress Semiconductor/ Infineon

NXP Semiconductor

Microchip

STMicroelectronics

Texas Instruments

Toshiba

Broadcom

Holtek Semiconductor

Silicon Labs

Intel

ON Semiconductor

Zilog Inc

So the above companies will have to embed Akida or a competitor's neuromorphic IP into their MCU's for AI applications to remain competitive. Otherwise, they will be left behind & Renesas will be number one in MCU's for AI market.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Lex555

Regular
The Robotics RB2 platform that was just released smells like a duck, ‘on device AI …. Classification.’

Does it quack?

A037AADA-2E73-4B1C-9617-C99F8F322D58.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Looks like Microsoft has a done deal with OpenA1 for its future developments going forward.
Big write up on RTnews about this. Vlad

Reactions: 4 users

VictorG

I don't remember seeing this, its one week old so possibly posted before.

Thanks to Phil Dworsky Global Head of Strategic Alliances from SiFive, for contributing to our 2nd generation Akida launch!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

mcm

Regular
Seems like Teksun have updated their partner page.

View attachment 32212
Must have gotten someone out of bed to quickly change it given the time difference! Be interesting to see if Tony replies to those who emailed him re the earlier version in which Toshiba, Cisco and Lenaro were mentioned as BRN's partners.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Dhm

Regular
So has TD responded to any queries about Teksun? Obviously a mistake by them. Hopefully won’t interfere with the rollout of kickass tech by us!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Seems like Teksun have updated their partner page.

View attachment 32212

1678859907291.png

Each to their own as to what value they put on that information.

I wouldn’t say it’s 100% factual given there is no announcement and it has now been changed on Teksun’s website but looks like another great find to the 1000 eyes; Well done @stuart888

What a great sharing community!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 49 users
I am not a trading expert. But when you look at the shorter activity there we 5 million shares shorted last week only. So when the shorters are so active the only way to out of that is a big announcement. If we get get one then it is good or you can chalk out a strategy based upon your belief in the technology.
Just a reminder every technology company had gone through these patches. Tesla is the latest example of late. Even companies like apple had gone through same type of a patch and it is not extraordinary.
Dyor
Thanks. And yes, whilst I used more swear words than normal. I’m fully aware that this will turn around. Have done lots of research and also read lots of links from the good people here. A great majority who are waaaay more clever than me. What I see is a slow burn. We’d all love it to be a powder keg and I was of the believe that it would be that a year ago… now I believe we are infiltrating anything and everything and eventually we pop up everywhere. (All at once…. Sorry had to. Love that movie 😂🤣). Jokes aside. We will see revenue and it will grow, probably more than I dare to dream. Until then shorters play their game, mickle pickle releases daily uninformed rants and the heart will go WTF, whilst the brain says “chill man!”

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

VictorG

Must have gotten someone out of bed to quickly change it given the time difference! Be interesting to see if Tony replies to those who emailed him re the earlier version in which Toshiba, Cisco and Lenaro were mentioned as BRN's partners.
It would have to be very uncomfortable for BRN if they are partners but under strict NDA's.
Deny today, admit tomorrow! 😵‍💫

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I wonder if chatGPT wrote that? Surely Teksun wouldn’t have been so careless and irresponsible in naming names on behalf of Brainchip.

We did have a podcast with the founder of Linaro back in early 2022 from memory.
Possibly some sort of typo/confusion
Linaro = Lou dinardo 🥸😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mugen74

Regular
schults-knows-nothing.gif

I wonder if TD likes strudel? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The Robotics RB2 platform that was just released smells like a duck, ‘on device AI …. Classification.’

Does it quack?

View attachment 32213

To quote Ella: "I don't care how it walks or quacks - I want gustatory proof."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Looks like Microsoft has a done deal with OpenA1 for its future developments going forward.
Big write up on RTnews about this. Vlad
Well that's a combination capable of burning up the world's annual electricity supply in a weekend.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Doz

Regular
1678861117851.png

1678861153660.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Well luckily the rest of the world was asleep when it was published.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Tony has replied to an email of mine enquiring about the Teksun situation.

"Hi ____

Thanks for your email.

The previous statement on Teksun’s website was not posted with BrainChip’s permission, knowledge or approval. It has now been removed from their website.

The statement that is now on the Teksun website is approved by BrainChip.

I appreciate you’re seeking clarity over potential commercial arrangements that relate to the previous unapproved statement, but that statement was not made by BrainChip.

The only statement that has any validity is the one on Teksun’s website now, because it has BrainChip’s approval.

As you know, when BrainChip wants to announce a new commercial partnership, that is not deemed to be “material and/ or price sensitive”, we do so through a media release and post it on our website.

If we want to announce a material and/or price sensitive matter, then we do so via the ASX company announcement platform, as required by the ASX Listing Rules and our Continuous Disclosure Obligations.

In this case, we have done neither.

Regards"

Very fast response and Tony kept it very professional and tight lipped as expected. I've got my own interpretation of what this means but wouldn't want to influence others. Everyone can form their own opinions as to what this means.
Paraphrase "Where an NDA exists, we can neither confirm nor deny ..."
not that anyone noticed any waddling or quacking going on.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
I have said it many times when this place is used for its proper purpose to share thoughts (not anxieties) and research this is as close to insider trading as you will get without breaking the law. Many thanks @stuart888 . You see Americans are nice people too.😂🤣😂

However lets look at what Teksun replaced Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro with:

"BrainChip is a technology company making AI everywhere easier to deploy and scale. It’s neuromorphic processor called, Akida™, is pure digital and is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning and high-speed inference in a wide variety of use cases, making it cost effective and simple to implement. Designed for sustainable AI, Akida™, performs complex functions at the device level, delivering a real-time, instant response.

BrainChip's solutions have applications in various industries, including automotive, smart homes, security and surveillance. The company has partnered with industry leaders such as Arm, Mercedes Benz, and Renesas driving intelligence into next generation device
s."

So,

I knew
Brainchip had partnered with ARM its on their website.

I DID NOT know that Brainchip had partnered with Renesas to drive intelligence into next generation devices what was announced on the ASX was that Renesas had purchased two nodes of AKIDA IP and more recently that Renesas had taped out its own chip which it would be bringing to market later in 2023. Even Chippy said in his magazine interview that they had purchased what they needed from Brainchip fullstop. No ongoing partnership was implied in any way shape or form.

I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT KNOW THAT MERCEDES BENZ HAD PARTNERED WITH BRAINCHIP TO DRIVE INTELLIGENCE INTO NEXT GENERATION DEVICES because all I was told by Brainchip was they could not talk about Mercedes Benz other than to say they continued to work with Mercedes Benz and Mercedes Benz had said they were working with artificial intelligence experts Brainchip. Just because you are working with someone it does not mean it is a partnership nor does it signal anything about your future intentions. Brainchip has on its website that they are trusted by Mercedes Benz. I am trust my brother-in-law but I am not in partnership. This is a significant statement of intent.

Given this is a revised statement I think it is reasonable to conclude that both Teksun and Brainchip have agreed on this wording. Indeed Tony Dawe has said Brainchip has approved this new wording. As such I am just as excited if not more so by what it now publicly reveals. The significance in my opinion dictates the conclusion that Teksun had leverage and wanted something of equal or greater significance to replace Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro with for the purpose of driving their customers interest in a Teksun Brainchip product offerings. In other words if you don't want us to use Cisco, Toshiba and Lenaro what can we use?

I hope that our German investor friends take comfort from the fact that this partnership between Mercedes Benz and Brainchip to drive intelligence into next generation devices has now been publicly confirmed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 106 users
Top Bottom