BRN Discussion Ongoing

Surely something has to be released before the AGM , The CEO Said alot at the previous AGM So let's hope so

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I believe money generated for Brainchip from companies using Akida within NASA, the Navy or the Army etc will be pittance , because it’s all about what they can do with Akida and what it may lead too.

Pentagon to spend $874 million on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies next year​

June 4, 2021
The Pentagon's AI efforts now number more than 600, which is up about 50 percent over current-year levels, DOD officials say.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Pentagon to spend $874 million on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies next year​

June 4, 2021
The Pentagon's AI efforts now number more than 600, which is up about 50 percent over current-year levels, DOD officials say.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Easytiger

Regular
I used to love coming onto this forum. WTF happened?
Plenty and nothing - it just depends on which window you are liking through …

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Damo,

Mercedes potentially has more than one use.

For example, there is the well known "Hey Mercedes!", but they will also have in-cabin and driver monitoring which may also include Akida. Mercedes made some noise about designing their own electronics, but they will need to outsource the manufacture of the ICs etc.

Then there are the external sensors, camera, radar, LiDaR, ultrasound. Valeo are supplying SCALA 3 LiDaR which we hope will include Akida, and, of course, Akida can improve all the other sensors. Mercedes also said something about standardizing components.

Thus Meredes may fall into a couple of different classes of user/licencee.

Prophesee is a partner, rather than a customer. Initially, we may have had an EAP type agreement with Prophesee, and our engineers would have been working with them, but it is possible that we will have a Joint Development agreement with them rather than a licence. This may involve profit-sharing rather than licence/royalties revenue.

But Prophesee were well down the road with Synsense:

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/10/15/synsense-prophesee-neuromorphic-processing-and-sensing/

Oct 15, 2021 – SynSense and Prophesee, two leading neuromorphic technology companies, today announced a partnership that will see the two companies leverage their respective expertise in sensing and processing to develop ultra-low-power solutions for implementing intelligence on the edge for event-based vision applications.

The partnership will address the design, development, manufacturing and commercialization of the combined neuromorphic technology, including sensors, processing solutions, software and solutions to enable a broad range of applications
The combined vision processing solution will be co-marketed by both companies and commercialized by SynSense for addressing IoT and Smart Home detection and gesture control applications

Prophesee may well have ongoing contractual commitments with Synsense.

@Diogenese if MB is including Akida in the cabin, I think we can safely assume that MB would have at least these features (see video below) in-cabin, if not in this iteration, it will definitely be in the next. In fact, NVISO recently put out a video showing their tech can even register breathing rate from the video feed, so for example a smart cabin can also alert the driver if they've left a kid or pet (or spouse) in the car.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Well I can see the frustration is here to stay on this forum. I understand that individual timelines vary massively, and some have already been along the ride for many years and are getting burn out. Understandable.

Curious to hear what people's timelines are then. Let's turn the negativity into something somewhat constructive. What's your timeframe and what do Brainchip need to achieve in that time for you to remain on the bus?

Personally, I can see myself giving the Brainchip team eighteen months from here to deliver another SIGNIFICANT licence agreement AND a drastic positive, continuous change in revenue over the coming quarters. Renesas should be selling a chip with Akida in it some time this year. AKD1500 will be available (possibly with AKD2000 on the horizon), so I want to see positive take up by customers currently umming and uhhhing as they seem to want more functionality before commiting. IMO, our valued partnerships should have reaped some benefits in this timeframe or something is seriously awry.

Of course, all IMO and DYOR. Still very confident in the team to deliver, and I've given some leeway for the current headwinds and economic climate.
As I recently explained, my timeline was 2 weeks until we gave a presentation to an engineering conference in the US in 2018, so we are well overdue.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users

equanimous

Might be spending it but the big guns will be getting most with only a very very small amount coming brainchips way if lucky.
assumption

Reactions: 2 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Nice find @wilzy123

Now, Renesas Full Year Financial Presentation

Screenshot_20230210_143146_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning 🏖

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

assumption
Yep, as I really can’t see anywhere that money will be generated in big numbers unless NASA invents something with Akida in it, as they have invented some really cools stuff over the years

Reactions: 1 users
They say incontinence is heiredatory, .......................... its in the jeans
I think you’re taking the piss !!
Fair such of the sausage

• Haha

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I used to love coming onto this forum. WTF happened?
All good Newk R .... It has been a bit of a 'vent' week!! all back to 'normal' next week .... ;):cool:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

equanimous

Yep, as I really can’t see anywhere that money will be generated in big numbers unless NASA invents something with Akida in it, as they have invented some really cools stuff over the years

its possible and likely imo.

examples:

Everyday Stuff Developed by NASA
  • Cell phone camera. You can thank NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for your ability to take selfies with your phone. ...
  • Temper foam. ...
  • Cordless vacuums. ...
  • Infrared ear thermometer. ...
  • Grooved pavement. ...
  • Emergency blanket.

Reactions: 9 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
its possible and likely imo.

examples:

Everyday Stuff Developed by NASA
  • Cell phone camera. You can thank NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for your ability to take selfies with your phone. ...
  • Temper foam. ...
  • Cordless vacuums. ...
  • Infrared ear thermometer. ...
  • Grooved pavement. ...
  • Emergency blanket.
And water filters.

• Haha

equanimous

• Haha

Steve10

Regular
From ARM last quarterly.

Arm made a profit before tax and depreciation of USD $450 million NPAT / $746M revenue = 60.32%.

Four strategic wins​

Arm’s licensing revenue was US$300 million, up 65 percent year-on-year. The company said it had signed strategic long-term agreements with four customers – an automotive OEM, a cloud service provider, a leading microcontroller vendor, and a vendor of semiconductors for consumer electronics.

The company’s royalty revenue was $446 million, up 12 percent year-on-year. Arm-based chips going into servers and automobiles were partly responsible, along with Armv9 architecture processors being adopted in premium smartphones and cloud server applications.

“The world’s data centers, IoT systems, automobiles and next-generation consumer devices all need more and more power efficient computing capabilities, fueling the long-term demand for Arm technology and innovation,” said Rene Haas, CEO of Arm, in a statement.

SoftBank said it was still working towards the staging of an initial public offering of shares in Arm sometime in calendar or fiscal 2023. Such an IPO could value Arm at about US$60 billion and as such is central to refinancing SoftBank which has struggled during the recent downturn.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

Another one with brainchip and it looks like it was tested against loihi

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

MDhere

Regular
Hey MD,

Thats my point though, we aren’t kicking goals. No new contracts have been announced in over a year and we’ve only managed to sign two - it’s pathetic.
my point is we will get there. what price may i ask is yr sell?? or perhaps its momemtum u want and not so much as a sell price. where is slade with his beers??

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
ETH Zurich. I found this interesting

A little bit of brainchip perhaps

• Love
Top Bottom