BRN Discussion Ongoing

robsmark

Regular
my point is we will get there. what price may i ask is yr sell?? or perhaps its momemtum u want and not so much as a sell price. where is slade with his beers??
I don’t have a sell price to be honest MD, I see huge potential here and don’t want that opportunity pissed away by poor company management. I think this company could be huge if the product is adopted, but despite the tech, that’s not guaranteed, remember Beta Max?

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
I don’t have a sell price to be honest MD, I see huge potential here and don’t want that opportunity pissed away by poor company management. I think this company could be huge if the product is adopted, but despite the tech, that’s not guaranteed, remember Beta Max?

Hi @robsmark have you ever stopped to think they are doing what they are doing so they don't become a Beta Max?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 32 users

JDelekto

Regular

The Sony Betamax vs. JVC VHS is a bit more in-depth than most people realize. While Betamax did have a superior quality image, it was more expensive to produce, and the tapes were limited to an hour of recording time, while VHS tapes allowed up to 2 hours, extending that to 4 and 6 later.

Because VHS tapes could store more content, they were perfect for recording theatrical films instead of home movie creation. I believe they were positioned well to make deals with the production companies to sell their content, and while higher-priced at the time, it was a perfect market for movie rental shops.

Several factors led to Beta's downfall, and they ticked fewer boxes, unlike VHS. BrainChip ticks several boxes, low cost, low power requirements, and on-chip inference.

What it does lack currently, but not for any oversight on its own, are all of the companies that do not yet know they need it. ;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

charles2

Regular
Wozniak pillories Musk for premature claims about capabilities and safety of Tesla's "self-driving" $15000 option.

To me this is Musk's never ending Achilles heel, that plus his unending desire to be in the spotlight.

news.yahoo.com

Apple co-founder Wozniak takes aim at ‘dishonest’ Elon Musk for misleading Tesla buyers: ‘They robbed my family of so much money’

'Woz' bought into Musk's claims of a self-driving vehicle years ago, only to be bitterly disappointed by how little turned out to be true.
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

Reactions: 13 users

MDhere

Regular
The Sony Betamax vs. JVC VHS is a bit more in-depth than most people realize. While Betamax did have a superior quality image, it was more expensive to produce, and the tapes were limited to an hour of recording time, while VHS tapes allowed up to 2 hours, extending that to 4 and 6 later.

Because VHS tapes could store more content, they were perfect for recording theatrical films instead of home movie creation. I believe they were positioned well to make deals with the production companies to sell their content, and while higher-priced at the time, it was a perfect market for movie rental shops.

Several factors led to Beta's downfall, and they ticked fewer boxes, unlike VHS. BrainChip ticks several boxes, low cost, low power requirements, and on-chip inference.

What it does lack currently, but not for any oversight on its own, are all of the companies that do not yet know they need it. ;)
not forgetting patents :)

Last edited:

Getupthere

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

Pmel

Regular
  • Love

Pmel

Regular
  • Love

Pmel

Regular
What do the others think of the above links.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
What do the others think of the above links.

Rallying Japanese Chip Startup Outshines Recent Big Global IPOs

• Yokohama-based Socionext jumped more than 80% since debut
  • Its system-on-chip model is seen as supportive for growth
By
Filipe Pacheco
16 January 2023 at 13:34 GMT+11

A Japanese chip design firm’s share-price has almost doubled since the stock debuted in Tokyo last year, outperforming similarly sized or bigger initial public offerings globally amid bets on its unique business model.

Shares of Socionext Inc. are up about 84% since its listing on Oct. 12 following an IPO that raised a total of 76.8 billion yen ($602 million), Japan’s largest last year. It’s also the best three-month jump for a newcomer in Tokyo that raised that amount or more through a listing in almost past two decades, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

1676069533357.png

The surge came even after the shares sold at the top of a marketed range following an upsized deal. The IPO defied tough sentiment toward new offerings globally amid rising interest rates and faster inflation concerns.

Expected “steady sales growth and profit expansion” due to the company’s “unique solution system-on-chip business model” should support earnings even as market conditions for semiconductors deteriorate, SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. analyst Takeru Hanaya wrote in a note this month, initiating coverage as outperforming.

The Yokohama-based company develops customized systems-on-chips for clients across the consumer, automotive and industrial fields. Enterprise customers increasingly seek application-specific chips and Socionext competes with Taiwan’s Faraday Technology Corp., Alchip Technologies Ltd. and Global Unichip Corp. to fill that demand.

“Chips are a bad place to be for the next several months as everyone is guiding down demand and revenues. SoC designers are probably in something of a sweet spot against the fabs, but they will not be completely immune,” said Travis Lundy, pan-Asia analyst at Quiddity Advisors. It is a “system-on-chip name which has a growth plan. That’s pretty big.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

TopCat

Regular
I need help here with the wording used , “ Exclusive, perpetual global license “ .
Perpetual means ongoing, but what is the exclusive referring to. My take on it is that PainChek will only use nViso for their artificial intelligence but the other way of reading it could be nViso will only provide this certain type of AI to PainChek and not their competitors. Any views?

A50B3675-4529-43B6-A4F7-41EC79F6FB8F.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

RobjHunt

Regular
All good Newk R .... It has been a bit of a 'vent' week!! all back to 'normal' next week .... ;):cool:
Bloody doubt it. There’ll still be the piss and moaners. You know, the ones that are unable to wait for BrainChip’s business model and it’s customers timelines to play out. Well, that’s my opinion anyway 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Anyone else think it likely a re-brand or sharpened corporate profile may also occur in the near future?

Certain elements continue to age well such as the clean fonts etc, others (like the website) may not have the longevity first intended.

Just my thoughts. What do the marketing crew think?

Reactions: 2 users

toasty

Regular
I need help here with the wording used , “ Exclusive, perpetual global license “ .
Perpetual means ongoing, but what is the exclusive referring to. My take on it is that PainChek will only use nViso for their artificial intelligence but the other way of reading it could be nViso will only provide this certain type of AI to PainChek and not their competitors. Any views?

View attachment 29269
Without seeing the license agreement its impossible to say for sure but it reads like they have exclusivity to use the product in the pain assessment field. In other words nViso have agreed not to sell to any other vendor of pain assessment products. Its not that unusual to do these kinds of vertical market exclusivity deals, particularly in the early stages of a tech vendor's lifecycle..........

FWIW

Reactions: 8 users

stuart888

Regular
@Esq.111
Looking forward to your premarket analysis my good sir 👨‍🎓
Some premarket Corn Flakes for you Sir @Rise from the ashes!!

I am focused on really 24/36 months out. Which means BRN has survived the early innings, likely to be a badass by then in AI low power smarts with ML.

All the corporate Vetting/Derisking assessment says, this is very good AI growth stock risk/return/reward.

Get dancing Rise! Yeah, Corn Flakes too! USA is 14 hours ahead, still last night! 🍻🍺🍻🍺

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

MrNick

Regular
Wozniak pillories Musk for premature claims about capabilities and safety of Tesla's "self-driving" $15000 option.

To me this is Musk's never ending Achilles heel, that plus his unending desire to be in the spotlight.

news.yahoo.com

Apple co-founder Wozniak takes aim at ‘dishonest’ Elon Musk for misleading Tesla buyers: ‘They robbed my family of so much money’

'Woz' bought into Musk's claims of a self-driving vehicle years ago, only to be bitterly disappointed by how little turned out to be true.
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com
Musk’s attempt at inventing a car category with his angular child’s drawing will also be blown away by Audi if they have the balls to push ahead. He truly is part visionary part snake oil salesman part utter bozo.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

stuart888

Regular
Mobileye still think in terms of NN software such as CNN, so there is room for improvement.

US2022215226A1 NEURAL NETWORK PROCESSOR

View attachment 28022

View attachment 28023

[0057] The processing unit may include a neural network processor. A neural network processor may be configured to perform neural network operations. The neural network may be of any type (convolutional, non-convolutional, and the like).

[0103] The neural network processor 700 includes kernel memory 710 , a first input data memory 720 , a 3D memory unit 750 , a hardware processing unit 730 , a manipulator 740 , and a controller 770 . The controller 770 is configured to control the neural network processor 700 . Kernel memory 710 is configured to store a group of kernels utilized in neural network processing. The first input data memory 720 is configured to store first layer input data, such as the 2D first input values 401 illustrated above with respect to FIG. 4
Thanks Dio. Just re-read your comments after searching on Mobileye. They sure seem to be on top if it.

The next 24 months is going to be an onslaught of news.

Brainchip appears to be executing, all signals go. Mercedes sure helped, then the list piled up.

Brainchip is an enhancement to Mobileye, a sub layer that they can add on to improve certain aspects.

Still big gains. This stuff is happening. Just passing on the upbeat vibe!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is a good point. How many partners can we engage without attenuating our existing partners?
Another reason for the Akida Uni course ...

• Fire

stuart888

Regular
Valeo Group
Where did we come from and where are we going from this point on? All of our journey: past, present and future, revealed in this one moment. Join us on our Linkedin Live on the 7 March, 3 p.m CET to celebrate a 100 years of Valeo with us.

1676077601778.png

Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom