BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Seeing and getting the chance to chat with the management up close and personal at the AGM certainly has helped put some iron in my spine.
I was heartily impressed with the calibre of the people I met there, especially Peter, Sean, Antonio and Ken.
It wasn't just their professionalism but they really seemed like genuine people who are at least as excited as me by the Company and the opportunity and I really liked that it wasn't just all about the money.
They know that's important to us, and to them too, but it's also about doing good in the world.
I admire that, and I also think they are doing their best to get it all happening as quickly as possible and are probably as frustrated as anyone by all the imposed secrecy.
I've also experienced building a business from scratch and just how hard certain parts of the growing process can be when you just seem to keep pouring blood, sweat and tears in, year after year, and yet only seem to be getting incremental results.
It's a long hard slog until you make it, and not all do.
It's also easy to snipe from the sidelines, but I hardly think it helpful.
Perhaps you should address your concerns to the Company rather than here.
We are hardly likely to grab pitchfork and torch and demand heads on pikes.
If you don't get an answer that satisfies you then feel free to divest and put your support somewhere else.
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

GazDix

Regular
RE: All the discussion about announcements and why we are not posting them clearly on the ASX.

I have alluded to it before, but I am convinced the reason why we are not doing it is strategic. Why? To have the greatest short burn since Gamestop? Haha, I don't know.
Tony Dawe's explanation that they are taking a careful approach is just an excuse for something. What that is? I don't know. All I know is that by including the tape-out in the quarterly rather than a seperate announcement which was precedent before and certainly not threatening to any ASX rules as it had done before. The 'ramping' threat by the ASX I bet is standard and other companies brush it off and carry on. I don't mind us taking a conservative approach, but it could bite us on the bum as well. A price sensitive ANN is 'a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price'. One of the exceptions of not releasing an ANN is 'if the information is a trade secret'. Would that apply? I don't know.

I really think this is strategic. Because if it isn't, I know Hehir said 'let the SP do what it does' or along those lines, in fact not informing shareholders under the ASX rules in time and if it will have a material effect on price can also land us in trouble. To be clear, I am just mumbling about the future if we are not focussed on this and not referring to the tape out of 1500 mentioned in the quarterly (which was included in a PS document so falls under those rules).

Scepticism is my downfall and also my strength at the same time, but I wonder if this is all a ruse to exhaust us retail holders and our directors have some smooch on the side waiting to come in, and when they do come in then the company gets special deals that will reward the long-term and loyal shareholders. I don't know. Or was it a stern warning from the ASX after the MB announcement on Twitter? I feel there is something missing and it is not just about us being conservative.
I think FF had an idea too and decided to leave the forum.

If I was a shorter and I knew Brainchip would hardly not announce any PS ANNs on the ASX, yes, why not?
All is good. I do believe, just late night mumbles. Nothing else. But we can't always have rose-tinted glasses on. Investing is sort of like marriage. Goes through ups and downs.
Cheers to a fair share price in the next few months.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

Going back to China, found this article extremely informative

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
If I was unhappy with management I would SELL

If I was unhappy with the SP I would SELL

If I was unhappy with the company direction I would SELL

If I was in anyway uncomfortable with my investment I would SELL......move on and not bother commenting about a company I did not own shares in anymore
l46C7ln35YvPxatqw.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Violin1

Regular
RE: All the discussion about announcements and why we are not posting them clearly on the ASX.

I have alluded to it before, but I am convinced the reason why we are not doing it is strategic. Why? To have the greatest short burn since Gamestop? Haha, I don't know.
Tony Dawe's explanation that they are taking a careful approach is just an excuse for something. What that is? I don't know. All I know is that by including the tape-out in the quarterly rather than a seperate announcement which was precedent before and certainly not threatening to any ASX rules as it had done before. The 'ramping' threat by the ASX I bet is standard and other companies brush it off and carry on. I don't mind us taking a conservative approach, but it could bite us on the bum as well. A price sensitive ANN is 'a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price'. One of the exceptions of not releasing an ANN is 'if the information is a trade secret'. Would that apply? I don't know.

I really think this is strategic. Because if it isn't, I know Hehir said 'let the SP do what it does' or along those lines, in fact not informing shareholders under the ASX rules in time and if it will have a material effect on price can also land us in trouble. To be clear, I am just mumbling about the future if we are not focussed on this and not referring to the tape out of 1500 mentioned in the quarterly (which was included in a PS document so falls under those rules).

Scepticism is my downfall and also my strength at the same time, but I wonder if this is all a ruse to exhaust us retail holders and our directors have some smooch on the side waiting to come in, and when they do come in then the company gets special deals that will reward the long-term and loyal shareholders. I don't know. Or was it a stern warning from the ASX after the MB announcement on Twitter? I feel there is something missing and it is not just about us being conservative.

If I was a shorter and I knew Brainchip would hardly not announce any PS ANNs on the ASX, yes, why not?
All is good. I do believe, just late night mumbles. Nothing else. But we can't always have rose-tinted glasses on. Investing is sort of like marriage. Goes through ups and downs.
I'm not engaging too much on the grumbles here as the company's position has been made clear and no need to keep going in circles but I will caution against besmirching the character of our Directors and management about "smooch on the side". They are not that sort of people and to say so moves into legal action territory. Grumpiness if you need to but not that sort of slander please.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Quatrojos

Regular

There's an English proverb:

There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.

Heaps of Co's release price-non-sensitive stuff. Updating the market about partnerships (Intel, man, Intel) would've surely lifted the SP and maximised the impact of the cap-call.

This is a slip.

Our lips will meet with the cup at some stage.

The technology is our steady hand...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
🤔🤔🤔 A couple of coincidences lately . I think I'd prefer your style of Carnevale than the pooncy stuff we got going on here. Yes my little rascal/diavolo he's doing very well.
Lots of behavioral changes though which leave me confused 😂
I realise it's been another year and I celebrated my TSE anniversary yesterday! Well, I only just noticed it yet and I'm making up for it today 🍾 Cheers! And thanks to (nearly.) everyone here 🤗❤️ And many many thanks to @zeeb0t ❗

But now to the far off-topic and only for intercultural understanding.
Carnival is an integral part of the city culture here. It is taken very very seriously. People celebrate here from the 11.11.2022 to Ash Wednesday on 22.02.2023. Of course, only those who are really serious about this special culture celebrate the whole time. Mostly these are the traditional corps with their numerous members. They are almost politically organised, of course only as a parody. The Prince, the Peasant and the Maiden together form the Cologne Triumvirate and are the official regents (rulers) over the foolish people (folk, nation).
The hotspot from Thursday next week on is the so-called "Weiberfastnacht" (Women's Carnival, Chicks ?), where the women/chicks take over the city for this one day, take the keys away from the mayor of this town hall and cut off the men's ties. Then it continues over the days until Monday with the big carnival parade. This year, after the pandemic and beginning war last year there may or certainly will be far more than a million fools again. All this serves to slip into a different role, to overcome ones ego, to no longer take oneself so seriously as well as the authorities. Some, of course, do not manage to overcome their ego, honour and self-respect, but they are welcome too. It is open to all who do not harm their community.
Then follows a truly remarkable and sympathetic cultural idiosyncrasy. When people party so much and get very drunk, but even if they don't, a lot of things naturally happen that shouldn't happen and it's not about kissing each other, which is normal here during these days. So there are a lot of little sins that the sober person might regret. For this reason dolls are set up in the neighbourhoods, neighbourhoods are very important here, on the night to Ash Wednesday. This dolls are the so-called Nubbel. This Nubbel is then held responsible for all the sins and missteps committed during the carnival season. He is accused of being to blame for everything. He has to take on this role. Then he is burnt with all the sins and missteps of the community and the carnival season is finally over. Then begins fasting, sweating out the intoxication/drunkeness. Normal life returns with a clean slate. And the wait begins for the next 11.11. to start all over again.
Believe me, in my city carnival is not just a big fun or party. It's a statement and a way of life.
all IMHO
And this year we celebrate the 200th anniversary!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Pepsin

Regular

watch from 15.30 sec mark

I´m very satisfied with the answer around 33:30 where he is asked about neuromorphic hardware. And at the same time I wonder why he dosn´t mention that there already is hardware on the market - Akida. I guess he must have heard about Brainchip?

Reactions: 4 users

GStocks123

Regular
Dr. Umut Demirezen discussing Loihi & Akida from 16:00- Anyone able to interpret lol

50E4C154-FAC3-4309-B222-AF65B12A138F.jpeg

• Love

GStocks123

Regular
  • Love

GStocks123

Regular
Nice to confirm we’re on Huawei’s radar 😀

Reactions: 3 users

GazDix

Regular
I'm not engaging too much on the grumbles here as the company's position has been made clear and no need to keep going in circles but I will caution against besmirching the character of our Directors and management about "smooch on the side". They are not that sort of people and to say so moves into legal action territory. Grumpiness if you need to but not that sort of slander please.
Fair call. I worded it poorly. Smooch was used to be vague and not about money but about other stakeholders wanting shares. I experienced this before with other companies and don't accuse Brainchip of it at all. I should've made that clear too.

Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thankyou for replying Diogenese . I differ in my thinking re leading a horse to water in that I firmly believe in the bricking of the camel 🐪 once it has started to drink .one can expect to get at least another 3 days in the desert if that is practiced . I’ll take onboard everything you have said and see if I can justifiably reset some of my thinking . Thankyou once again .
Would that work on Gelsinger?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
This tune suits a few

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

FJ-215

Regular
Would that work on Gelsinger?
According to Mike Davies, Loihi 2 was the first chip produced on the Intel 4 process (pre production trial)

And then Intel signed us up to their IFS ecosystem alliance.

Maybe Pat realised the cards he was holding weren't that great ;)

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Would this not be a price sensitive ASX announcement

Hi @Easytiger,

We’ve been over this before, many times. They can’t attach a $$$$ amount to it yet. Plus it hasn’t finished the trials yet to even get into mass production phase.

At the moment it is just a potential customer trying to build a product. When the product becomes real and a contract is signed with a tangible order/amount then I would suggest it could/should be announced if it’s not a trade secret (which I would think it could be).

If Brainchip makes an announcement at this stage and the product fails testing, for whatever reason then how will that look to shareholders/investors. It could also be seen as ramping, e.g. promoting a fake medical device such as Theranos; do we really want to go there? What would the SP be like then?

Plus, it’s not Brainchip‘s place to make an announcement anyway if it’s a trade secret. Hence Antonio’s line at the AGM last year. “The share price will do as the share price does.” The SP will be determined by customers and revenue, not fluff announcements.

I am hopeful there are many many companies in the pipeline such as Know Labs. It is also what makes this investment so exciting that at some time in the future the products/sales/royalties will begin. Which is why our CEO stated “Watch the financials.” He is well aware that using Akida will be a competitive advantage in new products which never existed before therefore they will be trade secrets and not disclosed.

The fact there have been no leaks and the companies such as Intel and AI LABS comes out of the blue is a testament to Brainchip professionalism and would enhance their standing within their customer base and potential customers!

If I was running a company such as Know Labs, trying to be first to market with a new medical device I would not be telling anyone about it until It was proven successful in trials, approved by the TGA and I could announce it hitting the market during a product launch. That would ensure my first mover advantage and ensure I got a return on my investment. At that time I still might not want to let the public/competitor know how my device works, e.g. Akida inside; so they can’t replicate similar and compete for my revenue. I’m sure Know Labs wants to be as profitable as possible.

If it wasn’t hinted at during the Edge Impulse presentation we would be none the wiser at this time.

I want Know Labs to be very successful in which case we will be successful. Plus how good will it feel to be in a potentially live saving medical device which makes sick peoples lives easier!

:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Reactions: 3 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hi @Easytiger,

We’ve been over this before, many times. They can’t attach a $$$$ amount to it yet. Plus it hasn’t finished the trials yet to even get into mass production phase.

At the moment it is just a potential customer trying to build a product. When the product becomes real and a contract is signed with a tangible order/amount then I would suggest it could/should be announced if it’s not a trade secret (which I would think it could be).

If Brainchip makes an announcement at this stage and the product fails testing, for whatever reason then how will that look to shareholders/investors. It could also be seen as ramping, e.g. promoting a fake medical device such as Theranos; do we really want to go there? What would the SP be like then?

Plus, it’s not Brainchip‘s place to make an announcement anyway if it’s a trade secret. Hence Antonio’s line at the AGM last year. “The share price will do as the share price does.” The SP will be determined by customers and revenue, not fluff announcements.

I am hopeful there are many many companies in the pipeline such as Know Labs. It is also what makes this investment so exciting that at some time in the future the products/sales/royalties will begin. Which is why our CEO stated “Watch the financials.” He is well aware that using Akida will be a competitive advantage in new products which never existed before therefore they will be trade secrets and not disclosed.

The fact there have been no leaks and the companies such as Intel and AI LABS comes out of the blue is a testament to Brainchip professionalism and would enhance their standing within their customer base and potential customers!

If I was running a company such as Know Labs, trying to be first to market with a new medical device I would not be telling anyone about it until It was proven successful in trials, approved by the TGA and I could announce it hitting the market during a product launch. That would ensure my first mover advantage and ensure I got a return on my investment. At that time I still might not want to let the public/competitor know how my device works, e.g. Akida inside; so they can’t replicate similar and compete for my revenue. I’m sure Know Labs wants to be as profitable as possible.

If it wasn’t hinted at during the Edge Impulse presentation we would be none the wiser at this time.

I want Know Labs to be very successful in which case we will be successful. Plus how good will it feel to be in a potentially live saving medical device which makes sick peoples lives easier!

:)
The problem with being told to watch the financials, is that if the financials aren't strong, the shorters will have a field day. And that's exactly what has happened.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Smarty13

Emerged
I’m in the real universe mate.

The 4c was pathetic and told us nothing.

I’m not talking about management replying to a few people via private emails, I’m talking about proper market updates.

- EAP?
- Announcement for Tape Out
- Announcement for Intel partnership
- Status of current customers
- Proper roadmap

If you can’t see that these things are required then you are dilutional.

A like company which is years behind us is about to overtake us in value. Let that sink in.
I was a shareholder of a company called CYP it has ground breaking technology that can grow stem cells from a single source with consistent results truely amazing for what it can bring to the world, it’s done nothing 1.2 cents to $1.90 to .35 cents nothing ! I’m sharing this for one reason brainchip is the same kinda startup, the biggest thing BRN has done that CYP didn’t do is board members ! Build a team that has success built into them.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Xray1

Regular
The problem with being told to watch the financials, is that if the financials aren't strong, the shorters will have a field day. And that's exactly what has happened.
BUT .... this recent 4C showed a 1,000% revenue increase from the previous 4C ............. isn't that figure good enough for us any more ?? !!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom