BRN Discussion Ongoing

White Horse

Regular

Best post for ages.....by faršŸ‘Œ
Judging by your post, and others on the last few pages, there are clearly a lot of people on this forum that are financially and emotionally out of their depth. And there are others feeding the frenzy to which you are so susceptible.

For those that have a soft underbelly I suggest that you gird your loins, by going to back to look at posts that spell out the positives, instead of letting your minds be fed with garbage that festers and grinds your resolve into an unrecognizable cesspit of despair.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
This is how i learnt technical analysis
Screenshot_20230131-221902_Brave.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28 users

Kachoo

Regular
Iā€™m waiting for the pitch fork crew on my below comment ( as per RFTA comment today on reserving comment if not positive)

The $1.1m revenue could be from Megachips. A sale made almost 1.5 years ago now.
Unless BRN management can come out and prove me wrong then who knows. Just my thoughts but itā€™s my understanding there was revenue still to be released from megachips.
Ok, if Iā€™m wrong get Tony Dawe to prove it in a email back to TSE and post it here. This may ease any thoughts from some on TSE with where the $1.1m came from.
You will know your awnser in a way.

The half year receivables not yet received from customers was 2.5 million.

If we received 1.1 million this quarter like you say from Mega Chips then year end should show 1.4 million receivables.

If this number is higher then it could be someone else's money that was received or some one else is to yet pay.

We should have a clear picture some time near the end of February.

I know understand what the CEO said by watch the financles I'm a slow learner.

IMO

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Judging by your post, and others on the last few pages, there are clearly a lot of people on this forum that are financially and emotionally out of their depth. And there are others feeding the frenzy to which you are so susceptible.

For those that have a soft underbelly I suggest that you gird your loins, by going to back to look at posts that spell out the positives, instead of letting your minds be fed with garbage that festers and grinds your resolve into an unrecognizable cesspit of despair.

And to help you out feel free to peruse this article from Accenture. A Fortune 500 company who service many other Fortune 500 companies and discuss the future of neuromorphic AI.

I canā€™t see any reason a company of this quality would go on a Brainchip Podcast if they thought our technology was not a success!

1675164382484.png

Enjoy

:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

cosors

šŸ‘€
Question:
I can't find them in the lists of either 2023 or 2022. Behind which name is this state fund hidden or is it this nominee thing (e.g. NATIONAL NOMINEES LIMITED "The Company serves customers in Australia")?

The largest fund in the world, the Norwegian Oljefondets of Norges Bank, helds/hold 0.58% of Brainchip.

GOVERNMENT PENSION FUND GLOBAL HOLDINGS OF EQUITIES AT 31 DECEMBER 2022
BRN.png

https://www.nbim.no/no/oljefondet/investeringene/#/

brn22.png

Top 20 Holdings BrainChip Holdings Ltd 27-10-2022

brn23.png

Top 20 Holdings BrainChip Holdings Ltd 27-01-2023

____
They own 1.3% of the listed companies in the world.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

FJ-215

Regular
Question:
I can't find them in the lists of either 2023 or 2022. Behind which name is this state fund hidden or is it this nominee thing (e.g. NATIONAL NOMINEES LIMITED)?

The largest fund in the world, the Norwegian Oljefondets of Norges Bank, helds/hold 0.58% of Brainchip.

GOVERNMENT PENSION FUND GLOBAL HOLDINGS OF EQUITIES AT 31 DECEMBER 2022
View attachment 28371
https://www.nbim.no/no/oljefondet/investeringene/#/

View attachment 28374
Top 20 Holdings BrainChip Holdings Ltd 27-10-2022

View attachment 28375
Top 20 Holdings BrainChip Holdings Ltd 27-01-2023
Would they be invested through one of the nominees such as Citicorp?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

FJ-215

Regular
Would they be invested through one of the nominees such as Citicorp?
I know the are not Merrill Lynch, that is Anil.

Reactions: 2 users

JDelekto

Regular
The words possible, could, capable, useful, advantageously and sweet spot get used all too often and can mean Jack if no one signs on the dotted line. You can increase your sales staff all you like. If they donā€™t want it after a year or two or three in some cases then they just donā€™t want it. All the dots in the world can be joined but if no money flows then it just ainā€™t so.
We have a chip that is so called science fiction to some yet no money changes hands. No IP deals knocking down doors. Hey Hey has told us twice now the strategy is to convert these NDA customers to paying customers. If Akida is so damn good at everything, why is it so hard to get a signature on a piece of paper?
Taping out a chip is no big deal according to our own management (sic).
Until there is significant revenue, Iā€™ll be sceptical of dots joined.

I'm not yet willing to think that people "don't want" BrainChip's technology. It could very well be that they're not prepared for it and are being cautious before they take a technological leap. Akida's appeal to Prophesee is advantageous because they have a compatible product. Prophesee's cameras are event-based, and Akida's Spiking Neural Network is a natural fit.

Prophesee has found real-world use cases where an event-based vision sensor has distinct advantages over processing standard digital images. Other event-based sensors (including those which can sense sounds and smells) may uncover further advantages in their particular domain.

It could be that potential customers are not working with these types of sensors and need to find cases where they offer a competitive advantage or perhaps they are slower to adopt these technologies. Even in the world of software (with which I am familiar), adopting a new technology takes time, or in some cases, a change of management. It may also be new startups that want to be on the cutting edge and give existing giants in the field a run for their money.

According to the quarterly report, BrianChip still has 12-quarters (4 years) of cash runway left. They're still hiring, they're still making contacts and partnerships, even if they're not signing new IP deals right now. I believe that it is still way too early to say that nobody wants this technology. The first cell phone was demonstrated in 1973, but it wasn't until the late 90s and early 2000s before they were married to computers (aka "Pocket PCs") and became prolific in mainstream society.

On a side note, here is an excellent article on Event-Based Sensing and its potential applications.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Evening Chippers,

Have not read the last few hours of conversation.... today .

Another day in the wilderness....

The 4C was on par with my expectations , yet nothing to to rejoice over.

Like a few here I am a little bewildered at the mere mention ( in the 4C of our AKIDA 1500 getting the equivalent of a foot note comment.

How can TAPING OUT another, more advanced AKIDA chip (( man power involved , time & $ invested ) , yes Shareholder time and company money invested) not be worthy of a Standalone ASX Announcement????.... to be honest I waited a day , thought it over & still cannot come to a logical reason why the company chose otherwise.

Would have to say I'm disappointed on that judgement call.

It's one thing to engaged 110% behind the scenes achieving and kicking goals, Congratulations, but for Christ sake a little thought to Shareholders and their physical capital, floating down , investments would go a long way .

Absolutely nothing to do with putting fluff on the ASX, this was a MAJOR MILESTONE together with a SERIOUS FOUNDRY.

I seriously hope thay engage..
Shareholder Intelligence Services, LLC - ( Shareintel.)
151 Rowayton Avenue Roway,
CT 06853,
info@shareintel.com
To keep track of who is doing what with our issued stock.

Personaly getting the feelin our Chief & Board are 110% focused on our physical endevours & neglecting the fact this is actually a publicly listed company on three separate countries exchanges.

Most people expect milestones for the companys thay invest into on an exchange to be informed via the exchange .

And yes it was announced on the cover to the 4C , albeit in a very lacklustre fashion.

HUGE MILESTONE ----> SHOUT it out separately on the exchange.

I'm a relatively substantial holder & managements disclosures are starting to wear thin.

Looking foward to the pissle whipping from all and sundry, though I will not reply.

Still holding firm & it's not through the announcements from management to the ASX.

On a lighter note...

- Gioli & Assia - #Diesis Live @ Vulcano, Aeolian Islands ( Handpan Set)
38:21

- and yes , CRANK it -

Regards,
Esq.
Well said Esq.
Something I believe would be discussed and questioned at the AGM.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

robsmark

Regular
What does it kinda say to you? To me it says those people donā€™t really know what theyā€™re doing, and are constantly looking for reassurance. Itā€™s usually the same handful of people. Some legends here have posted so much reassuring stuff yet itā€™s still not enough for some.
Just because ā€œsome legendsā€ have posted ā€œreassuring stuffā€œ that others find comforting, does not necessarily mean it will come true. Nobody on here is a prophet, and nobody who is respectfully posting about their concerns should be shot down in flames or mocked with memes - itā€™s childish lowers this forums credibility.

Investors and traders alike, can only act on the information at hand, and right now that information isnā€™t strong enough to prevent this abysmally poor SP performance. This is why we are being shorted, and this is why shareholders have concerns. Itā€™s justified.

Fact - management are being too coy with announcements. Tony and I have spoke face to face about this, and the company has obvious concerns about ramping, but I believe they are now over correcting. The tape out should have been announced, as should the Intel arrangement. They didnā€™t need to be marked as price sensitive. Other companies are releasing similar announcements without issue, and the company has an obligation for continual disclosure - not by socials, but by the proper platform.

Fact - there has been less commercial adoption than we all expected. Megachips was over two years ago and Renesas was over a year. Two licences in two years is piss poor. Revenue is too low, and somebody needs to be accountable for this.

Fact - the company isnā€™t releasing enough information to the shareholders about things that matter. What happened to the EAP? How many are still included in the programme? In fact, is the programme still running? Not everyone has the time to spend all day talking to a bunch of anonymous people on a forum to gain insight, nor should they have to. The company needs to do better here.

The dilution needs to stop and I donā€™t want to see anymore performance gratuities or options exercised until the shareholders are rewarded with a stronger SP, or a solid update with fact based optimism of a brighter future. It seems all the Brainchip staff doing well whilst the shareholders are getting F in the A. If staff truely are performing, then theyā€™ll be willing to hang around to be rewarded by revenue. This is how most other companies pay bonuses.

Echos of baseless optimism on here are getting old. The company needs to start performing financially - itā€™s not a not for profit, itā€™s a public company with marketable product. Shareholders need and deserve a proper update on what is actually going on, so we can make informed decisions. Seans statement in the 4c was a cop out.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

JDelekto

Regular
I can't find the megachips US website, the one where it highlights the Brainchip partnership. It seems to me that www.megachips.com has been offline now for at least a few days. It could be in the process of getting revamped and might be one to keep an eye on. Megachip.com defaults to the Japanese Megachips website, at least it does for me.

The link you posted comes up just fine for me (I'm here in the US). The MegaChips LSI USA LinkedIn page has a link that goes to the same URL, however, it does redirect to the Japanese Web site, but with the localization set to "English".

It's not uncommon for foreign companies to host one localized version of the Web site for the purposes of consistency and continuity. If the site doesn't come up for you, you might want to try pinging it, as it may not be resolving the "www.megachips.com" to its IP address, or perhaps your browser is not redirecting to the Japanese site.

Reactions: 4 users

Foxdog

Regular

Are you for real? You choose to have a crack at me for agreeing with someone else's post but you've not said anything to them about the original post šŸ˜‚ That's just weird.

Reactions: 7 users
An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know

Skip to main content (Press Enter).

U.S. Air Force Logo Kirtland Air Force Base

Command Interview: AF Chief Scientist Dr. Victoria Coleman​

• Published Jan. 26, 2023
  • By AIRMAN Staff
  • Airman Magazine
Pentagon, Va. --

THE FOLLOWING IS THE EDITED TRANSCRIPT OF AN AIRMAN MAGAZINE INTERVIEW WITH CHIEF SCIENTIST OF THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE DR. VICTORIA COLEMAN AT THE PENTAGON, ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA.​

Air Force Chief Scientist

PHOTO DETAILS / DOWNLOAD HI-RES
Coleman serves as the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Secretary of the Air Force, Air Force Chief of Staff, and Chief of Space Operations. She provides assessments on a wide range of scientific and technical issues affecting the departmentā€™s mission. In this role, she identifies and analyzes technical issues, bringing them to the attention of department leaders. She interacts with other principals, operational commanders, combatant commands, acquisition, and science and technology communities to address cross-organizational issues and provide solutions. Dr. Coleman also interacts with other services and the Office of the Secretary of Defense on issues affecting the Department of the Air Forceā€™s technical enterprise. She serves on the Executive Committee of the Air Force Scientific Advisory Board and is the Principal Science and Technology Representative of the Air Force to the civilian scientific and engineering community and to the public at large.

During the interview Dr. Coleman discusses the need to reestablish sustainable and trusted microelectronics development, manufacturing, testing and supply chain based in the U.S., the benefits of more focused and frequent testing of systems and the power of diversity in Science and Technology success.

Others are things, like neuromorphic architectures, where you move away from the traditional model of designing microprocessors. They are actually beginning to emulate how human neurons work. In some cases, the results that we get are phenomenal.
I'll give you a very concrete example. In the Air Force, we like to be able to match assets. Weapons that we have are matched with targets that we need to get after. So, you would want to make sure that you send the most appropriate weapon to the most appropriate target.
There are many, many combinations of doing this. For example, if I have 10 by 10, 10 assets and 10 targets, there are 25 billion combinations to finding the right match. A human being cannot do this. A computer maybe could do it. Classical computers can do 20 by 20, but they max out a 20 by 20.
A neuromorphic architecture can do 20 by 20 in about two milliseconds. So the capability that you get from the ability to build neuromorphic architectures completely changes the game.

Then there are also material advances. Using photonics, for example, for switching, you generate a lot less heat than if you switch voltages.
Quantum computing is another area where a lot of a lot of work has been done. We are seeing some applications already, like quantum navigation, for example, becoming really fundamental. Quantum navigation means that I can navigate without the benefit of GPS, which would be an incredible capability to have.
But you can go even further than that. One of the areas that I have been interested in for a very long time is what I call molecular computation, where you can actually take DNA structures and use DNA as a computational medium. DNA is a particularly good substance for computing.
Honestly, the only constraint that we have is putting enough money into the various research groups that can pursue these things.
Something that I care deeply about is our ability to prove out those innovations.
So we talked about CHIPS, but I want to put in a plug for one particular component of the CHIPS Act, actually the only component that we will be executing here in the DoD, which is the Micro Electronics Commons.
This is something that I've been working on for some time, certainly way before I went to DARPA. One of the things that has happened to us, in this desire to let the market forces rule, is that in order for us to prove out an innovation in microelectronics at the system level, we have to go overseas. We can't do it here at home.
So I talked just now about neuromorphic architectures. The NSF (National Science Foundation), through one of their expedition programs, has spent well over a $100 million on one specific project at Stanford University on neuromorphic architectures. Great work. Phenomenal. Smart, brilliant people.
In the university lab, maybe you can build three or 10, maybe 100 instances of a new device like that. In order for me to show the computational advantages that I just talked about, pairing targets to assets, I need to build millions. If I am going to go to a venture capitalist or an investor and say, ā€œPlease give me $20 billion to go and build a new fab to make this new thing,ā€ why would they give me this money? I need to show to them that the computational benefits that I claim are achievable with this new structure have been proven.

Very interesting interview. I couldnā€™t copy and paste the whole thing in one post so hereā€™s a snippet.
Thanks for sharing this article. Always interesting to hear/read the views of 'product developers' or what kind of problems they are trying to solve. In this case for me the most interesting statement was:
A human being cannot do this. A computer maybe could do it. Classical computers can do 20 by 20, but they max out a 20 by 20.
A neuromorphic architecture can do 20 by 20 in about two milliseconds. So the capability that you get from the ability to build neuromorphic architectures completely changes the game.

To me that dosen't seem to appear a problem that needs to be solved at the edge. Yes of course, it might have its benefits or use cases there also, and maybe it makes the most sense of starting to verify a new technology at the edge because of its obvious advantages (low energy consumption) and the increasing number of AiOT devices or their use cases.

But I've been wondering for some time now if the kind of problems (van neuman hitting a bottleneck as mentioned by this lady) quantum computers are targeted to solve have some intersections with what neuromorphic/event-based computing could already do now or in the near future if scaled for High Performance Computing (large rendering clusters, lots of akidas inside servers etc.).

Has anybody of you an opinion to that?
I would be happy about food for thought/opinions/articles reagarding similar use cases of neuromorphic and quantum computing or using neuromorphic computing for the area of HPC.

Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its bicepsšŸ’Ŗ!
So I got thinking about the potential markets of our partners.

NB: The following is just my daydreaming, and not based on sufficient solid information to serve as investment advice.

This is a list of what I think are some of our larger potential partnership markets, ranked in my guess at the relative potential markets.

Happy to have this dissected and forensically examined.

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

The potential market for MorseMicroā€™s HaLow WiFi gateway is massive.

MorseMicro has the HaLow ultra-low power, ultra-long range, multitude WiFi for IoT.

The creators of HaLow include the inventors of the original WiFi.

HaLow could potentially become the standard for multi-device WiFi gateways.

If HaLow becomes the standard, not only could Akida be used in the gateway, but it may also be required in the connected devices.

The MorseMicro patent for their gateway circuit includes a MAC (multiply accumulate) processor.

Akida can perform MAC operations far more efficiently than a MAC ALU (arithmetic logic unit).

It is also possible that Akida could be used in the communication circuits of IoT devices connected to the HaLow gateway.

MorseMicro is a MegaChips partner, as is BrainChip.

@thelittleshort listed a number of MorseMicro engineers who are following BrainChip. This is significant as MorseMicro does not profess to be an AI company.

Prophesee

Prophesee event-based camera (DVS) and Akida are a hand-and-glove fit.

Akidaā€™s speed and power efficiency surpass alternative technologies previously used with Prophesee.

The potential market for Prophesee is pretty well unlimited, from IoT security through ADAS, to NASA and DoD.

In conjunction with Sony, they have developed a camera blur elimination capability. I donā€™t know if Akida can be used advantageously with this, but if so, this market alone is huge.

SiFive

SiFive designs processors using RISC-V architecture (RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computer).

RISC-V is a recently developed computing language and the creators have set up SiFive.

RISC-V is a major competitor to ARM, who use RISC-IV.

The SiFive market is in computers.

Valeo

Valeo makes sensors for ADAS.

Valeo are the market leaders in LiDaR.

Akida has a sweet spot for LiDaR.

The EV revolution will see massive demand for LiDaR in the next few years.

Socionext

Socionext is a major fabless chip designer who produced the production layout for Akida 1000.

They made a co-presentation with BrainChip and nViso at CES2023.

nViso

nViso has human emotion recognition software which has been adapted to utilize the image classification capabilities of Akida at greater than 1000 fps.

This may be useful in implementing the recently-mandated DMS (2022) (Driver Monitoring System) in Europe.

Edge Impulse

Edge Impulse provides ML algorithms for edge devices.

Akida is capable of greatly increasing the processing capability and power efficiency of these algorithms.

Dear Dodgy-Knees,

Do you think you could squeeze Cerence onto your list as a special favour to me?

Thanks in advance, Bravo (BFFā€™s 4ever)

• Haha
  • Love

JDelekto

Regular
Thanks for sharing this article. Always interesting to hear/read the views of 'product developers' or what kind of problems they are trying to solve. In this case for me the most interesting statement was:

To me that dosen't seem to appear a problem that needs to be solved at the edge. Yes of course, it might have its benefits or use cases there also, and maybe it makes the most sense of starting to verify a new technology at the edge because of its obvious advantages (low energy consumption) and the increasing number of AiOT devices or their use cases.

But I've been wondering for some time now if the kind of problems (van neuman hitting a bottleneck as mentioned by this lady) quantum computers are targeted to solve have some intersections with what neuromorphic/event-based computing could already do now or in the near future if scaled for High Performance Computing (large rendering clusters, lots of akidas inside servers etc.).

Has anybody of you an opinion to that?
I would be happy about food for thought/opinions/articles reagarding similar use cases of neuromorphic and quantum computing or using neuromorphic computing for the area of HPC.

How about predicting the weather a week in advance with at least 99.98% certainty? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Ok first Akida ballista gets a month subscription to forum.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

White Horse

Regular
Just because ā€œsome legendsā€ have posted ā€œreassuring stuffā€œ that others find comforting, does not necessarily mean it will come true. Nobody on here is a prophet, and nobody who is respectfully posting about their concerns should be shot down in flames or mocked with memes - itā€™s childish lowers this forums credibility.

Investors and traders alike, can only act on the information at hand, and right now that information isnā€™t strong enough to prevent this abysmally poor SP performance. This is why we are being shorted, and this is why shareholders have concerns. Itā€™s justified.

Fact - management are being too coy with announcements. Tony and I have spoke face to face about this, and the company has obvious concerns about ramping, but I believe they are now over correcting. The tape out should have been announced, as should the Intel arrangement. They didnā€™t need to be marked as price sensitive. Other companies are releasing similar announcements without issue, and the company has an obligation for continual disclosure - not by socials, but by the proper platform.

Fact - there has been less commercial adoption than we all expected. Megachips was over two years ago and Renesas was over a year. Two licences in two years is piss poor.

Fact - the company isnā€™t releasing enough information to the shareholders about things that matter. What happened to the EAP? How many are still included in the programme? In fact, is the programme still running? Not everyone has the time to spend all day talking to a bunch of anonymous people on a forum to gain insight, nor should they have to. The company needs to do better here.

Echos of baseless optimism on here are getting old. The company needs to start performing financially - itā€™s not a not for profit, itā€™s a public company with marketable product. Shareholders need and deserve a proper update on what is actually going on, so we can make informed decisions. Seans statement in the 4c was a cop out.
Continuous bleating, feeding the cesspit.

You are not going to change managements resolve.

You and others can keep this up till you are blue in the face.

Take heed of this famous quote.

Albert Einstein:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

• Haha
  • Love

Foxdog

Regular
[

Albert Einstein:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Go back to the crapper Weird Horse. The forum there is much more suited to your style, or distinct lack thereof.....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

robsmark

Regular

Albert Einstein:
Better take my happy pill then and pretend Iā€™m in magic lollipop land.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom