BRN Discussion Ongoing

The Socionext Radar sensors that have akida IP (CES announcement) have this use case .
Below from product spec page Socionext radar sensor
View attachment 28346 View attachment 28347
Nice find doz, really appreciate your digging.
Hope that has an override function as sometimes I like to leave the TV on when I'm away from home as to give the appearance of someone being home.
LoL and no my dog is only vicious when you try to help him or try take his blanky away when he's being romantic.😱

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
It is possible that our deal with Prophesee (and a couple of other start-ups) is a joint development.

In a JV, the usual thing is that the partners get a share of the end product, usually in proportion to what they put into the project, so there would be no sign-on licence fee, and we may need to wait for sales before we see any money.

On the other hand, the returns from a JV could be higher than from a licence agreement.
So I got thinking about the potential markets of our partners.

NB: The following is just my daydreaming, and not based on sufficient solid information to serve as investment advice.

This is a list of what I think are some of our larger potential partnership markets, ranked in my guess at the relative potential markets.

Happy to have this dissected and forensically examined [substance rather than semantics].

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

The potential market for MorseMicro’s HaLow WiFi gateway is massive.

MorseMicro has the HaLow ultra-low power, ultra-long range, multitude WiFi for IoT.

The creators of HaLow include the inventors of the original WiFi.

HaLow could potentially become the standard for multi-device WiFi gateways.

If HaLow becomes the standard, not only could Akida be used in the gateway, but it may also be required in the connected devices.

The MorseMicro patent for their gateway circuit includes a MAC (multiply accumulate) processor.

Akida can perform MAC operations far more efficiently than a MAC ALU (arithmetic logic unit).

It is also possible that Akida could be used in the communication circuits of IoT devices connected to the HaLow gateway.

MorseMicro is a MegaChips partner, as is BrainChip.

@thelittleshort listed a number of MorseMicro engineers who are following BrainChip. This is significant as MorseMicro does not profess to be an AI company.

Prophesee

Prophesee event-based camera (DVS) and Akida are a hand-and-glove fit.

Akida’s speed and power efficiency surpass alternative technologies previously used with Prophesee.

The potential market for Prophesee is pretty well unlimited, from IoT security through ADAS, to NASA and DoD.

In conjunction with Sony, they have developed a camera blur elimination capability. I don’t know if Akida can be used advantageously with this, but if so, this market alone is huge.

SiFive

SiFive designs processors using RISC-V architecture (RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computer).

RISC-V is a recently developed computing language and the creators have set up SiFive.

RISC-V is a major competitor to ARM, who use RISC-IV.

The SiFive market is in computers.

Valeo

Valeo makes sensors for ADAS.

Valeo are the market leaders in LiDaR.

Akida has a sweet spot for LiDaR.

The EV revolution will see massive demand for LiDaR in the next few years.

Socionext

Socionext is a major fabless chip designer who produced the production layout for Akida 1000.

They made a co-presentation with BrainChip and nViso at CES2023.

nViso

nViso has human emotion recognition software which has been adapted to utilize the image classification capabilities of Akida at greater than 1000 fps.

This may be useful in implementing the recently-mandated DMS (2022) (Driver Monitoring System) in Europe.

Edge Impulse

Edge Impulse provides ML algorithms for edge devices.

Akida is capable of greatly increasing the processing capability and power efficiency of these algorithms.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 92 users
I have a question if someone can help me find an answer.
Before that let me be very clear I am a holder and have no intention to sell.
We launched akida1000 and the total costs were approx 7 million. Then we were unable to recover even that much money from the product leave alone any profits. Looking at the figures each chip may cost us $1000.
Now company if taping out akida 1500 another 7-10 million dollar cost. So where we failed with akida 1000 and what will be the difference this time.
Sorry again does not look like a question from a holder but again assure you the question is out of cuorisity than criticism
Thanks everyone for their time
Hi rgupta, your assumption that AKIDA1000 is a failure is a little premature. The fact that BRN are continuing to develop different versions of our tech only serves to protect and extend our technological lead in the market place.

As each iteration is released it does not make any existing redundant. Rather each new version of AKIDA opens up new opertunities and further extends on the scope of applications that can benefit from AKIDA. Slide 21 "investing in the future" from the 2021 AGM presentation (as attached) outlines this and demonstrates brilliantly the differences between current and future versions of the AKIDA tech along with examples of their potential end product applications.

In short its a bloody good thing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Slade

Top 20

NB: The following is just my daydreaming, and not based on sufficient solid information to serve as investment advice.

This is a list of what I think are some of our larger potential partnership markets, ranked in my guess at the relative potential markets.

Happy to have this dissected and forensically examined.

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

MorseMicro has the HaLow ultra-low power, ultra-long range, multitude WiFi for IoT.

If HaLow becomes the standard, not only could Akida be used in the gateway, but it may also be required in the connected devices.

The MorseMicro patent for their gateway circuit includes a MAC (multiply accumulate) processor.

Akida can perform MAC operations far more efficiently than a MAC ALU (arithmetic logic unit).

It is also possible that Akida could be used in the communication circuits of IoT devices connected to the HaLow gateway.

@thelittleshort listed a number of MorseMicro engineers who are following BrainChip. This is significant as MorseMicro does not profess to be an AI company.

Prophesee

Akida’s speed and power efficiency surpass alternative technologies previously used with Prophesee.

The potential market for Prophesee is pretty well unlimited, from IoT security through ADAS, to NASA and DoD.

In conjunction with Sony, they have developed a camera blur elimination capability. I don’t know if Akida can be used advantageously with this, but if so, this market alone is huge.

SiFive

SiFive designs processors using RISC-V architecture (RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computer).

RISC-V is a recently developed computing language and the creators have set up SiFive.

Valeo

Socionext

Socionext is a major fabless chip designer who produced the production layout for Akida 1000.

nViso

nViso has human emotion recognition software which has been adapted to utilize the image classification capabilities of Akida at greater than 1000 fps.

This may be useful in implementing the recently-mandated DMS (2022) (Driver Monitoring System) in Europe.

Edge Impulse

Akida is capable of greatly increasing the processing capability and power efficiency of these algorithms.
@Diogenese I really appreciate your post. Hands down the best thing I have read on here for quite some time. It provides a focus for the 1000 eyes. Where is RT when you need him to say, “these are exciting times”.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

JK200SX

Regular
Has anyone heard of Ambient Intelligence?

This is an interesting one.......

View attachment 28337

"When sensors in the TV detect presence in the room, the TV turns on
and can display useful information through custom widgets, such as
calendars and news."

I guess these sensors would need to be able to differentiate between a person and say a dog, or an adult versus an infant...... that is unless the dog or the infant needs a calendar or the news....

More on Ambient Intelligence here:

What are your thoughts?
I forgot to mention, in this article:

Ken Washington says:

1675160975851.png

There's only one North Star. How's that for a dot join :)
Here Hehir!

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

Prophesee

SiFive

Valeo

Socionext

nViso

Edge Impulse

The words possible, could, capable, useful, advantageously and sweet spot get used all too often and can mean Jack if no one signs on the dotted line. You can increase your sales staff all you like. If they don’t want it after a year or two or three in some cases then they just don’t want it. All the dots in the world can be joined but if no money flows then it just ain’t so.
We have a chip that is so called science fiction to some yet no money changes hands. No IP deals knocking down doors. Hey Hey has told us twice now the strategy is to convert these NDA customers to paying customers. If Akida is so damn good at everything, why is it so hard to get a signature on a piece of paper?
Taping out a chip is no big deal according to our own management (sic).
Until there is significant revenue, I’ll be sceptical of dots joined.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/​

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/ ANN

Our client is a leading global technology corporation providing ICT infrastructure and smart devices who are searching for a Neuromorphic Engineer to join their team.
This position is on a full time permanent basis in Cambridge, UK

Key Responsibilities of a Neuromorphic Engineer
  • Develop neuromorphic computing algorithms for event-based processing of various sensor signals based on spiking neural networks, and applying them to challenging customer use-cases
  • Analyzing and profiling AI/ML algorithms, performance analysis and benchmarking of neuromorphic concepts
  • Establish methods to incorporate algorithms in system-wide simulation to evaluate impact on key metrics (latency, power consumption)

Key Requirements
  • PhD in neuromorphic computing field or relevant discipline
  • Experience with ANN models training and development
  • Experience with SNN simulation and training
  • Experience in building and deploying DNN with standard frameworks e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch, PyNN
  • Excellent programming skills- C++, MATLAB, or Python

Anyone know of a leading global technology corporation based in Cambridge who would be looking for a Neuromorphic Engineer? The job has now been closed.
@chapman89 already accepted last week 😂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

FJ-215

Regular
Getricho must be over the moon about that..

Im not bothered at all by day to day movements as im here for the long haul. Shorters will have to buy back the stock eventually.

EMOTIONS​

“The investor cannot enter the arena of the stock market with any real hope of success unless he is armed with mental weapons that distinguish him in kind—not in a fancied superior degree—from the trading public.” Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor 1949

“The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the man of inferior
emotional balance, nor for the get-rich- quick adventurer. They will die poor.” Jesse Livermore 1940

“American business, really, has never let investors down as a group, but
investors have done themselves in quite frequently.” Warren Buffett

"It’s an easy game, if you can control your emotions." Warren Buffett

“I don’t think investing is that hard. The hard part of investing, as Warren Buffet said is temperament, you need to have the right temperament.” Chris Hohn

“Investing in public markets isn’t just about intelligence and being a good stock picker. It’s a lot about temperament.” Munib Islam

“Never mark emotions to market.” Nick Sleep

"Emotions are universal and there is no stopping the flow of seasons." Adam Smith, The Money Game

"There is one requirement that is absolute in money management, and you have already learned it with the first Irregular Rule: If you don't know who you are, this is an expensive place to find out. The requirement is emotional maturity. In short, you have to be able to handle any situation without losing your cool, or letting your emotions takeover. You must operate without anxiety." Adam Smith, The Money Game
Hi @equanimous ,

Some wise words there to be sure. Your last quote is the one.

"There is one requirement that is absolute in money management, and you have already learned it with the first Irregular Rule: If you don't know who you are, this is an expensive place to find out. The requirement is emotional maturity. In short, you have to be able to handle any situation without losing your cool, or letting your emotions takeover. You must operate without anxiety." Adam Smith, The Money Game

Don't read to much in to my post. I learnt long ago to trade with emotion, not on emotion. Big difference. Gave trading with no emotion a go and found it a sure fire way to lose money.

I only have a handful of shares atm. BRN & PLS are investments. ANZ, EDV & SYA are trades.

And 88E is me just flat out gambling.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Foxdog

Regular
The words possible, could, capable, useful, advantageously and sweet spot get used all too often and can mean Jack if no one signs on the dotted line. You can increase your sales staff all you like. If they don’t want it after a year or two or three in some cases then they just don’t want it. All the dots in the world can be joined but if no money flows then it just ain’t so.
We have a chip that is so called science fiction to some yet no money changes hands. No IP deals knocking down doors. Hey Hey has told us twice now the strategy is to convert these NDA customers to paying customers. If Akida is so damn good at everything, why is it so hard to get a signature on a piece of paper?
Taping out a chip is no big deal according to our own management (sic).
Until there is significant revenue, I’ll be sceptical of dots joined.
Best post for ages.....by far👌

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

Prophesee

SiFive

Valeo

Socionext

nViso

Edge Impulse

Great post DIO,

I thank you very much for your effort in educating us again about Brainchip’s potential.

Another potential market is also VVDN who went public at CES 2023.

1675161712966.png

They’ve been discussed already but repeating they are a growing company in India which has a massive population and therefore potential. They have also stated they want to enter both the American and Asian markets aiming to be making half billion in sales by 2025.

Suggest those who need comfort take a look at their website.

Really appreciate you sharing your experience, wisdom and often humour with us Dio.

Cheers,

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Slade

Top 20
I can't find the megachips US website, the one where it highlights the Brainchip partnership. It seems to me that www.megachips.com has been offline now for at least a few days. It could be in the process of getting revamped and might be one to keep an eye on. Megachip.com defaults to the Japanese Megachips website, at least it does for me.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

Have not read the last few hours of conversation.... today .

Another day in the wilderness....

The 4C was on par with my expectations , yet nothing to to rejoice over.

Like a few here I am a little bewildered at the mere mention ( in the 4C of our AKIDA 1500 getting the equivalent of a foot note comment.

How can TAPING OUT another, more advanced AKIDA chip (( man power involved , time & $ invested ) , yes Shareholder time and company money invested) not be worthy of a Standalone ASX Announcement????.... to be honest I waited a day , thought it over & still cannot come to a logical reason why the company chose otherwise.

Would have to say I'm disappointed on that judgement call.

It's one thing to engaged 110% behind the scenes achieving and kicking goals, Congratulations, but for Christ sake a little thought to Shareholders and their physical capital, floating down , investments would go a long way .

Absolutely nothing to do with putting fluff on the ASX, this was a MAJOR MILESTONE together with a SERIOUS FOUNDRY.

I seriously hope thay engage..
Shareholder Intelligence Services, LLC - ( Shareintel.)
151 Rowayton Avenue Roway,
CT 06853,
info@shareintel.com
To keep track of who is doing what with our issued stock.

Personaly getting the feelin our Chief & Board are 110% focused on our physical endevours & neglecting the fact this is actually a publicly listed company on three separate countries exchanges.

Most people expect milestones for the companys thay invest into on an exchange to be informed via the exchange .

And yes it was announced on the cover to the 4C , albeit in a very lacklustre fashion.

HUGE MILESTONE ----> SHOUT it out separately on the exchange.

I'm a relatively substantial holder & managements disclosures are starting to wear thin.

Looking foward to the pissle whipping from all and sundry, though I will not reply.

Still holding firm & it's not through the announcements from management to the ASX.

On a lighter note...

- Gioli & Assia - #Diesis Live @ Vulcano, Aeolian Islands ( Handpan Set)
38:21

- and yes , CRANK it -

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
I can't find the megachips US website, the one where it highlights the Brainchip partnership. It seems to me that www.megachips.com has been offline now for at least a few days. It could be in the process of getting revamped and might be one to keep an eye on. Megachip.com defaults to the Japanese Megachips website, at least it does for me.
Your link brings me to this page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-212042.png
    Screenshot_20230131-212042.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70

Slade

Top 20
Reactions: 3 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Evening Chippers,

Have not read the last few hours of conversation.... today .

Another day in the wilderness....

The 4C was on par with my expectations , yet nothing to to rejoice over.

Like a few here I am a little bewildered at the mere mention ( in the 4C of our AKIDA 1500 getting the equivalent of a foot note comment.

How can TAPING OUT another, more advanced AKIDA chip (( man power involved , time & $ invested ) , yes Shareholder time and company money invested) not be worthy of a Standalone ASX Announcement????.... to be honest I waited a day , thought it over & still cannot come to a logical reason why the company chose otherwise.

Would have to say I'm disappointed on that judgement call.

It's one thing to engaged 110% behind the scenes achieving and kicking goals, Congratulations, but for Christ sake a little thought to Shareholders and their physical capital, floating down , investments would go a long way .

Absolutely nothing to do with putting fluff on the ASX, this was a MAJOR MILESTONE together with a SERIOUS FOUNDRY.

I seriously hope thay engage..
Shareholder Intelligence Services, LLC - ( Shareintel.)
151 Rowayton Avenue Roway,
CT 06853,
info@shareintel.com
To keep track of who is doing what with our issued stock.

Personaly getting the feelin our Chief & Board are 110% focused on our physical endevours & neglecting the fact this is actually a publicly listed company on three separate countries exchanges.

Most people expect milestones for the companys thay invest into on an exchange to be informed via the exchange .

And yes it was announced on the cover to the 4C , albeit in a very lacklustre fashion.

HUGE MILESTONE ----> SHOUT it out separately on the exchange.

I'm a relatively substantial holder & managements disclosures are starting to wear thin.

Looking foward to the pissle whipping from all and sundry, though I will not reply.

Still holding firm & it's not through the announcements from management to the ASX.

On a lighter note...

- Gioli & Assia - #Diesis Live @ Vulcano, Aeolian Islands ( Handpan Set)
38:21

- and yes , CRANK it -

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

GStocks123

Regular
It say’s its under construction 😅

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom