BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
I have a question if someone can help me find an answer.
Before that let me be very clear I am a holder and have no intention to sell.
We launched akida1000 and the total costs were approx 7 million. Then we were unable to recover even that much money from the product leave alone any profits. Looking at the figures each chip may cost us $1000.
Now company if taping out akida 1500 another 7-10 million dollar cost. So where we failed with akida 1000 and what will be the difference this time.
Sorry again does not look like a question from a holder but again assure you the question is out of cuorisity than criticism
Thanks everyone for their time

Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I'm not upset about that not being an announcement but a bit confused as to why it was not and yes have read the email response from Tony so that blanket statement of trading horizon is
pretty wrong in my opinion. We are creating a place where some holders including myself feel like we can't voice a concern. I know I've held back on things that have bothered me so I don't have to deal with the flaming pitchfork crew.
That's right rise, no issues having different trading/investing time line imo also.

Imagine if everyone's holding period is 5 years.
If we all sell after 5 years, ie, on 31/01/2028 can you imagine the SP dive? 😂
I now just learn to mind and manage my own trades rather than worrying about what others do with it, increases my accountability, otherwise I can blame someone else (coping mechanism), but that doesn't help me in any way. But each to their own.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Violin1

Regular
Would I be right to assume, that the 100 million odd outstanding shorts reported, would most probably be lent out from a proportion of the top 20 or so shareholder assembly?
May even be some naked shorts in the mix?o_O
MOO DYOR
Possible @Deadpool - but that's why I said a decent proportion of the top 20, which I assume will include Peter, Anil, Adam and spouses which quickly gets the volume of tightly held up there. Add Lou and I hope Robert Mitro and it gets bigger. The instos will lend and trade of course but my point was about a decent proportion of 45%. Then add retails who hold directly and don't allow lending, then there is potential for a squeeze at some point. Nevertheless, these people still make good money before the potential squeeze comes - and will likely slide out before it does.

I still want to smell the burning butts though!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I assume a new license with revenue attached would need to be announced to the market which is yet to happen 4 weeks into the quarter.

How does it work with Prophesee and Qualcomm? If we are going to be in a prophesee product which is going into a Qualcomm product which is going into a Samsung product (for example) then who pays the license fees and how is this announced on the ASX?
It is possible that our deal with Prophesee (and a couple of other start-ups) is a joint development.

In a JV, the usual thing is that the partners get a share of the end product, usually in proportion to what they put into the project, so there would be no sign-on licence fee, and we may need to wait for sales before we see any money.

On the other hand, the returns from a JV could be higher than from a licence agreement.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I assume a new license with revenue attached would need to be announced to the market which is yet to happen 4 weeks into the quarter.

How does it work with prophesee and Qualcomm? If we are going to be in a prophesee product which is going into a Qualcomm product which is going into a Samsung product (for example) then who pays the license fees and how is this announced on the ASX?
My understanding is if they're using Renesas or Megachips then we won't know about it until we see the balance sheets, even then we won't know it's them who pay us.

I still want to smell the burning butts though!!!

Interesting fetish @Violin1 🤔 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Labsy

Regular
I feel like many others that everything is falling into place. We’ve gone from a 4c of $100k to our latest of approx $1.1m. Roughly a 1000% increase. When our next 4c comes out with $2-3m(?) it will start to show a definite trend and remove all doubt that BRN is making money and will continue to go from strength to strength… full forward another 6-9 months, and everything starts compounding from larger market exposure creating more customers wanting the tech on top of IP revenue starting to pour in…. It’s going to be a very good year indeed …. DYOR. Only my opinion and not a crystal ball.. 😆
I think you are spot on the money ;)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Violin1

Regular
We launched akida1000 and the total costs were approx 7 million. Then we were unable to recover even that much money from the product leave alone any profits. Looking at the figures each chip may cost us $1000.
Now company if taping out akida 1500 another 7-10 million dollar cost. So where we failed with akida 1000 and what will be the difference this time.
Sorry again does not look like a question from a holder but again assure you the question is out of cuorisity than criticism
It's all about investment for the long-term @rgupta - each bit of expenditure isn't supposed to breakeven - the investment is to build what the company and LTHs expect to be "explosive" growth and revenue. Akida 1000 was produced to prove the IP to prospective customers. This was one of Anil's great achievements for us. (I soooooooo hope he attends the next AGM because I really want to meet this guy and thank him). AK1500 is being produced as a reference chip - not for bulk sale - for the same reason - to prove up our IP so major customers can test it, believe in it and then licence it.
Regards
V

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Newk R

Regular
Sorry to say but they the shorters don't need your shares, there are plenty of other shares to short.:(
But not mine:mad:🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JDelekto

Regular
I feel like many others that everything is falling into place. We’ve gone from a 4c of $100k to our latest of approx $1.1m. Roughly a 1000% increase. When our next 4c comes out with $2-3m(?) it will start to show a definite trend and remove all doubt that BRN is making money and will continue to go from strength to strength… full forward another 6-9 months, and everything starts compounding from larger market exposure creating more customers wanting the tech on top of IP revenue starting to pour in…. It’s going to be a very good year indeed …. DYOR. Only my opinion and not a crystal ball.. 😆

We may see more action when the results from the AKD1500 tape-out are ready, and the chips have completed successful testing. If the new processor delivers the previously advertised features using the 22nm FD-SOI technology, it will open more doors.

Given that the FD-SOI gives benefits in performance, reduced power consumption, and lower costs, I would be very keen to see this next iteration of Akida compared to its predecessor in some benchmarks.

As I am already impressed by the performance and power profile of AKD1000, the move to the new technology with improvement in features and performance may be the catalyst to driving more IP sales. It will not surprise me if some customers considering IP deals are waiting to see the results for their specific use cases.

The more options they provide customers, from IP sales partnerships to foundry manufacturers and technology, the wider the audience they will capture.

On an unrelated note, I recall having read about missing income from the MegaChips licensing agreement. After going back and reading the announcement and its clarification on the ASX (released in November of 2021), it states that the payments would be in tranches over two years (not including any royalties from sales of the IP).

For anyone worrying about that, the two-year mark would put their final payments around November 2023, so it wouldn't surprise me to see upcoming quarterly reports also consisting of payments from MegaChips.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

JK200SX

Regular
Has anyone heard of Ambient Intelligence?

This is an interesting one.......

1675154950246.png

"When sensors in the TV detect presence in the room, the TV turns on
and can display useful information through custom widgets, such as
calendars and news."

I guess these sensors would need to be able to differentiate between a person and say a dog, or an adult versus an infant...... that is unless the dog or the infant needs a calendar or the news....

More on Ambient Intelligence here:

What are your thoughts?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Bombersfan

Regular
I'm not upset about that not being an announcement but a bit confused as to why it was not and yes have read the email response from Tony so that blanket statement of trading horizon is
pretty wrong in my opinion. We are creating a place where some holders including myself feel like we can't voice a concern. I know I've held back on things that have bothered me so I don't have to deal with the flaming pitchfork crew.
A place like that was created because most of the shit posted here now IS people voicing their concern. The repetitive whinging about the same issue (that was addressed by the company) over the last 2 days is embarrassing and shows people “say” they have timelines and long term views but also want it now! They completely dismiss all the amazing stuff that’s been happening the last 6-12 months because they didn’t get an Ann that I think wouldn’t have made any difference anyway. Didn’t someone create a thread for the anxiety riddled insecurities about the SP so we don’t have to read it here?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

GpHiggsBoson

Regular
For those that don’t know…

I have owned BRN shares for many many years.

I sold some around the highs and kept plenty too.

I am a true believer in this technology.

This crazy market is very difficult to gauge. Massive volatility. I am happy to ride the thing out, however long it takes.

I do day trade, the adrenaline rush is something I enjoy. I think a lot of people shouldn’t really be in the market especially now, who knows where we will end up.

I am happy with a long term hold on BRN, the share price doesn’t impact me with a long term view but those that bought high with less capital I do feel for you. Might be a patience game, hopefully not?

Fingers crossed we continue to get more validation from corporations signing up for our product in the not too distant future. Until then patience is the key.

I try to read most of the posts here but unfortunately at this stage I am time poor.

Keep up the fantastic research and posts.

To all the brilliant minds, All the best!❤️

AKIDA BALLISTA

No advice, in my opinion, DYOR

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Pappagallo

Regular

You’re forgetting that Akida 1000 IP will generate royalty payments from both Renesas and MegaChips (at the very least) so it might be a bit premature in calling it a failure.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
A place like that was created because most of the shit posted here now IS people voicing their concern. The repetitive whinging about the same issue (that was addressed by the company) over the last 2 days is embarrassing and shows people “say” they have timelines and long term views but also want it now! They completely dismiss all the amazing stuff that’s been happening the last 6-12 months because they didn’t get an Ann that I think wouldn’t have made any difference anyway. Didn’t someone create a thread for the anxiety riddled insecurities about the SP so we don’t have to read it here?
You are correct the thread is https://thestockexchange.com.au/thr...e-bad-and-the-fugly.139152/page-4#post-230300
Also kinda say's something when a lot of people are voicing concern and a bit of it happens in private DMs also. But I'll not be commenting on it anymore as I've discovered this is not the place to express an honest opinion of concern.
Also changed title to add "concern" I think there's is more concerns than share price alone. So changed the title.
Edit.. me personally I have no issue with share price.
Obviously would be wonderful if it was reflecting what I think it should be but that has no bearing on whatever concerns I hold when then they arise.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
A bit too soon to call it a failure mate that journey is just getting started( journey to revenue)

Reactions: 12 users

Bombersfan

Regular
You are correct the thread is https://thestockexchange.com.au/thr...e-bad-and-the-fugly.139152/page-4#post-230300
Also kinda say's something when a lot of people are voicing concern and a bit of it happens in private DMs also. But I'll not be commenting on it anymore as I've discovered this is not the place to express an honest opinion of concern.
Also changed title to add "concern" I think there's is more concerns than share price alone. So changed the title.
What does it kinda say to you? To me it says those people don’t really know what they’re doing, and are constantly looking for reassurance. It’s usually the same handful of people. Some legends here have posted so much reassuring stuff yet it’s still not enough for some.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
What does it kinda say to you? To me it says those people don’t really know what they’re doing, and are constantly looking for reassurance. It’s usually the same handful of people. Some legends here have posted so much reassuring stuff yet it’s still not enough for some.
Not sure mate I'm not into judging people without knowing all their circumstances.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Has anyone heard of Ambient Intelligence?

This is an interesting one.......

View attachment 28337

"When sensors in the TV detect presence in the room, the TV turns on
and can display useful information through custom widgets, such as
calendars and news."

I guess these sensors would need to be able to differentiate between a person and say a dog, or an adult versus an infant...... that is unless the dog or the infant needs a calendar or the news....

More on Ambient Intelligence here:

What are your thoughts?
The Socionext Radar sensors that have akida IP (CES announcement) have this use case .
Below from product spec page Socionext radar sensor
Screenshot_20230131-205349.png
Screenshot_20230131-205252.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/​

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/ ANN

Our client is a leading global technology corporation providing ICT infrastructure and smart devices who are searching for a Neuromorphic Engineer to join their team.
This position is on a full time permanent basis in Cambridge, UK

Key Responsibilities of a Neuromorphic Engineer
  • Develop neuromorphic computing algorithms for event-based processing of various sensor signals based on spiking neural networks, and applying them to challenging customer use-cases
  • Analyzing and profiling AI/ML algorithms, performance analysis and benchmarking of neuromorphic concepts
  • Establish methods to incorporate algorithms in system-wide simulation to evaluate impact on key metrics (latency, power consumption)

Key Requirements
  • PhD in neuromorphic computing field or relevant discipline
  • Experience with ANN models training and development
  • Experience with SNN simulation and training
  • Experience in building and deploying DNN with standard frameworks e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch, PyNN
  • Excellent programming skills- C++, MATLAB, or Python

Anyone know of a leading global technology corporation based in Cambridge who would be looking for a Neuromorphic Engineer? The job has now been closed.
Hopefully BRN are paying our inner circle of neuromorphic superstars enough so they aren't tempted to jump ship
ship it han solo GIF

Reactions: 4 users

The Pope

Regular
I’m waiting for the pitch fork crew on my below comment ( as per RFTA comment today on reserving comment if not positive)

The $1.1m revenue could be from Megachips. A sale made almost 1.5 years ago now.
Unless BRN management can come out and prove me wrong then who knows. Just my thoughts but it’s my understanding there was revenue still to be released from megachips.
Ok, if I’m wrong get Tony Dawe to prove it in a email back to TSE and post it here. This may ease any thoughts from some on TSE with where the $1.1m came from.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom