BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
All those that are bickering and angry over the last couple of days just know you are putting a smile on the shorters face.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Newk R

Regular
All those that are bickering and angry over the last couple of days just know you are putting a smile on the shorters face.
I'm pissed off with the same old rhetoric, but I'm not letting the short fuckers get any of my shares.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

FJ-215

Regular
Have a look at what has happened to Sayona (SYA) today off the back of a positive announcement. Down over 13.5% atm.

That's the F...ed shit that puts a smile on shorters' faces.

No speeding ticket from the ASX.......no......nothing to see here. Good for liquidity...blah...blah...blah

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

FJ-215

Regular
Have a look at what has happened to Sayona (SYA) today off the back of a positive announcement. Down over 13.5% atm.

No speeding ticket from the ASX.......no......nothing to see here. Good for liquidity...blah...blah...blah
Sorry, I know it's not BRN related. But a good example of why I don't use stop losses anymore

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
3M short taken out yesterday which was as i expected. it's now incredibly interesting how many have been taken out and need to be bought back.
We copped a little caning yesterday and are certainly one of the shortee’s darlings, but looks like most of their attentions on IMU today.
Just read an article in the AUS about an apparent short squeeze in the good ole USA.
Apparently Tesla is up 40% in 2023 amongst other tech winners after being hammered most of last year.
Our time will come. Just have to out wait the bastardo’s. 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 24 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
We copped a little caning yesterday and are certainly one of the shortee’s darlings, but looks like most of their attentions on IMU today.
Just read an article in the AUS about an apparent short squeeze in the good ole USA.
Apparently Tesla is up 40% in 2023 amongst other tech winners after being hammered most of last year.
IMU is my 3rd largest holding :(

Between IMU and BRN, my hatred for shorters is growing!

Grateful for WEEBIT's recent run but they are now in suspension! Can't win haha.

Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
IMU is my 3rd largest holding :(

Between IMU and BRN, my hatred for shorters is growing!

Grateful for WEEBIT's recent run but they are now in suspension! Can't win haha.
Yes we can Buddy.
Just not today.
Hang in there. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

VictorG

Support at these levels is unrelenting. With approximately 17 million shares traded since yesterday and the share price only losing 2.5c, I sense it's moved into oversold territory. A reversal in trend is a distinct possibility.
I see BRN closing above .655 cents by Friday close.
The beginning of a 10 year rally 😀

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Pappagallo

Regular

Things won’t change until we get some momentum with the IP licenses. As soon as a couple of these drop in quick succession the shorters will head straight for the exit and the good times will return.

A year ago I honestly thought we would’ve landed an additional 3 or 4 licenses at this point but now it seems that Renesas and MegaChips were just really really early to the neuromorphic party. They’re the trailblazers and I have no doubt that others will follow, I mean we weren’t making partnerships with big tech left, right and centre last year for no reason. Between these partnerships and the remaining EAPs there’s a lot of fruit out there just waiting to ripen.

It’s all just a matter of time. More time than any of us would like of course, but I’m confident it’ll be worth the wait.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
My dot join for the month. This may not have any relation to Prophesee and/or us. But it may be worth keeping an eye on.
Remember this partnership between Prophesee and Datalogic?

Datalogic is joining forces with Paris-based Prophesee, a company that invented advanced neuromorphic vision systems and is working to build the next generation of industrial products.
“We are conducting a very fruitful partnership with Prophesee,” said Michele Benedetti, chief technology officer at Datalogic. “Neuromorphic vision is a fascinating technology inspired by the behavior of the human biological system, exactly like neural networks. We believe that the combination of these technologies will provide innovative solutions to our customers.”

Their newly released product - Magellan 9900i

The Next Generation is Here
The #1 selling ‘in counter’ scanner for assisted and self-checkout scanning just got better. Fresh styling, rugged design, industry-leading scanning performance and new options that enable Artificial Intelligence (AI) at the checkout place the Magellan 9900i portfolio in a class of its own!
In 2013, Datalogic established a unique scanner style with our 2.7 inch / 6.8 cm tower (bonnet), and the 9900i continues to support this popular form factor. The lower height allows customers to better meet ADA compliance and improve the customer experience. Three chassis lengths, multiple check stand mounting options and the addition of a Top Down Reader (TDR) allows customers to customize a solution that best meets their assisted and self-checkout needs.
With basic and advanced configurations, the 9900i scanners and multi-plane imaging scanner/scales are the perfect Point of Sale (POS) companion for all high-volume check-out environments.

Improve the Cashier or Customer Experience
Packed with the latest imaging technology, the 9900i scanners offer the highest scan volume in its class. This ensures the fastest read rates and ease-of-use regardless of 1D, 2D, GS1 or Digimarc symbologies.
The new Magellan scanners feature capacitive touch buttons and smooth surfaces to ensure the above counter areas are easy to clean and sanitize.
The upcoming 9900i TDR option increases scan volume by 20% and adds an industry-unique sixth-side view of items crossing the platter for the ultimate scanning experience. The TDR is available in 3 heights and offers an optional integrated customer facing reader, allowing customers to scan mobile devices and coupons independent of a cashier in assisted lanes, improving efficiency.

Features for Today and the Future
Magellan 9900i is powered by QuadVision™, a multi-core processor and multi-camera system with an embedded Linux operating system to future-proof the platform. ScanSentry™ color camera options and neural processors (available in 2023) will result in a checkout fully capable of supporting Artificial Intelligence (AI) software that will increase customer satisfaction and improve loss prevention.

Unique Features
  • 2.7” / 6.8 cm bonnet height allows for layout flexibility at the POS or SCO.
  • The Magellan 9900i features QuadVision™, a powerful IMX8 multi-core processor with 4 cameras (2 horizontal and 2 vertical) that brings world-class processing power to the scanner. The 9900i delivers multiple high resolution images with each scan. Combine the powerful processors, 5-sided image capture and Datalogic’s legendary software and you have unprecedented performance to decode the most difficult and/or damaged barcodes. In addition, future optional integrated color cameras and color TDRs can be used for machine learning image capture and simultaneous video streaming via USB 3.0 for loss prevention.
  • Optional built-in neural processors and accelerators enable trillions of operations per second inside the scanner, eliminating the need for additional servers or cloud connections at the checkout.
  • Note that performance has already been optimized for the future GS1 Digital Link symbology, which associates valuable manufacturing and health safety details with each transaction. However, the final GS1 decoding will be updated during pilot testing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Gazzafish

Regular
Things won’t change until we get some momentum with the IP licenses. As soon as a couple of these drop in quick succession the shorters will head straight for the exit and the good times will return.

A year ago I honestly thought we would’ve landed an additional 3 or 4 licenses at this point but now it seems that Renesas and MegaChips were just really really early to the neuromorphic party. They’re the trailblazers and I have no doubt that others will follow, I mean we weren’t making partnerships with big tech left, right and centre last year for no reason. Between these partnerships and the remaining EAPs there’s a lot of fruit out there just waiting to ripen.

It’s all just a matter of time. More time than any of us would like of course, but I’m confident it’ll be worth the wait.
I feel like many others that everything is falling into place. We’ve gone from a 4c of $100k to our latest of approx $1.1m. Roughly a 1000% increase. When our next 4c comes out with $2-3m(?) it will start to show a definite trend and remove all doubt that BRN is making money and will continue to go from strength to strength… full forward another 6-9 months, and everything starts compounding from larger market exposure creating more customers wanting the tech on top of IP revenue starting to pour in…. It’s going to be a very good year indeed …. DYOR. Only my opinion and not a crystal ball.. 😆

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Dhm

Regular
I want to remind people of the Prophesee and Qualcomm alliance as demonstrated in the Qualcomm video published here a few weeks ago. In it the speaker strongly endorsed Prophesee’s (and our) innovative swish cancelling photo software. Then the speaker said words to the effect of ‘coming soon to smartphones’. Now that is really exciting and it means - I hope - this quarter.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 38 users
Anyone got any thoughts on who may have taken their "services rendered" in the form of
Ordinary Fully Paid Shares ................... IE 101,494 @ $0.64 .................. $64,956.16 ?
See todays Ann ............. Application for Quotation of +securities

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes it was one of the directors I believe. There was a bit of a hiss and a roar about it when it was announced

I feel like many others that everything is falling into place. We’ve gone from a 4c of $100k to our latest of approx $1.1m. Roughly a 1000% increase. When our next 4c comes out with $2-3m(?) it will start to show a definite trend and remove all doubt that BRN is making money and will continue to go from strength to strength… full forward another 6-9 months, and everything starts compounding from larger market exposure creating more customers wanting the tech on top of IP revenue starting to pour in…. It’s going to be a very good year indeed …. DYOR. Only my opinion and not a crystal ball.. 😆
License money is seasonal, December quarters have been historically higher. I think Safran renew their annual license then

I'm sure I've said it before, but there's only reason you would be upset about the Tape-out not being an ANN, is if your trading horizon is very short.
I can understand the anxiety if you are over-loaded with BRN, bought at a much higher price/averaged up, or if you wanted to be in and out quickly.
Fortunately though, most here understand the technology and also the company goals, and realise these bits of info spread to those with a finger on the pulse represent fantastic buying opportunities, or de-risking of their long term investment.
If you plan on being here for at least a few years, having the SP held down for longer is just an opportunity.
I'm not upset about that not being an announcement but a bit confused as to why it was not and yes have read the email response from Tony so that blanket statement of trading horizon is
pretty wrong in my opinion. We are creating a place where some holders including myself feel like we can't voice a concern. I know I've held back on things that have bothered me so I don't have to deal with the flaming pitchfork crew.
Edit..
Maybe I'm stupid and need some belittling to set me straight that's how it goes here right?
Edit 2.
My above comment is not directed at you Damo.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 36 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Getricho must be over the moon about that..

Im not bothered at all by day to day movements as im here for the long haul. Shorters will have to buy back the stock eventually.

EMOTIONS​

“The investor cannot enter the arena of the stock market with any real hope of success unless he is armed with mental weapons that distinguish him in kind—not in a fancied superior degree—from the trading public.” Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor 1949

“The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the man of inferior
emotional balance, nor for the get-rich- quick adventurer. They will die poor.” Jesse Livermore 1940

“American business, really, has never let investors down as a group, but
investors have done themselves in quite frequently.” Warren Buffett

"It’s an easy game, if you can control your emotions." Warren Buffett

“I don’t think investing is that hard. The hard part of investing, as Warren Buffet said is temperament, you need to have the right temperament.” Chris Hohn

“Investing in public markets isn’t just about intelligence and being a good stock picker. It’s a lot about temperament.” Munib Islam

“Never mark emotions to market.” Nick Sleep

"Emotions are universal and there is no stopping the flow of seasons." Adam Smith, The Money Game

"There is one requirement that is absolute in money management, and you have already learned it with the first Irregular Rule: If you don't know who you are, this is an expensive place to find out. The requirement is emotional maturity. In short, you have to be able to handle any situation without losing your cool, or letting your emotions takeover. You must operate without anxiety." Adam Smith, The Money Game

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

For sure. In terms of time, look how long it has taken renesas to tape out a SNN chip. We signed with them back in 2020 I think?

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I want to remind people of the Prophesee and Qualcomm alliance as demonstrated in the Qualcomm video published here a few weeks ago. In it the speaker strongly endorsed Prophesee’s (and our) innovative swish cancelling photo software. Then the speaker said words to the effect of ‘coming soon to smartphones’. Now that is really exciting and it means - I hope - this quarter.
I assume a new license with revenue attached would need to be announced to the market which is yet to happen 4 weeks into the quarter.

How does it work with prophesee and Qualcomm? If we are going to be in a prophesee product which is going into a Qualcomm product which is going into a Samsung product (for example) then who pays the license fees and how is this announced on the ASX?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I'm not upset about that not being an announcement but a bit confused as to why it was not and yes have read the email response from Tony so that blanket statement of trading horizon is
pretty wrong in my opinion. We are creating a place where some holders including myself feel like we can't voice a concern. I know I've held back on things that have bothered me so I don't have to deal with the flaming pitchfork crew.

mob throwing GIF by BBC

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TopCat

Regular

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/​

Neuromorphic Engineer - Spiking Neural Networks/Algorithms/ SNN/ PhD/ ANN

Our client is a leading global technology corporation providing ICT infrastructure and smart devices who are searching for a Neuromorphic Engineer to join their team.
This position is on a full time permanent basis in Cambridge, UK

Key Responsibilities of a Neuromorphic Engineer
  • Develop neuromorphic computing algorithms for event-based processing of various sensor signals based on spiking neural networks, and applying them to challenging customer use-cases
  • Analyzing and profiling AI/ML algorithms, performance analysis and benchmarking of neuromorphic concepts
  • Establish methods to incorporate algorithms in system-wide simulation to evaluate impact on key metrics (latency, power consumption)

Key Requirements
  • PhD in neuromorphic computing field or relevant discipline
  • Experience with ANN models training and development
  • Experience with SNN simulation and training
  • Experience in building and deploying DNN with standard frameworks e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch, PyNN
  • Excellent programming skills- C++, MATLAB, or Python

Anyone know of a leading global technology corporation based in Cambridge who would be looking for a Neuromorphic Engineer? The job has now been closed.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom