Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Animated GIF

Hopefully this will be inclusive and will cheer everyone up.
Good morning all have a great day.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
I need some help. I want to buy more BrainChip shares but I want them for under 60 cents. I’m trying to write a message that will cast doubt over any progress that BrainChip has been making. I will post it just before the market opens. It needs to distract people from the $1.2 million that BrainChip received from customers over the last three months, to take their minds away from the extra sales and marketing executives that they have hired including the one for Korea, and to hide the new breakthrough partnership with Intel. I want the tapping out the new Akida 1.5 to be a distant memory along with the Akida inspired Renesas chip that will come out later this year. BrainChip have made so much progress that it’s going to be hard to cover it up. I will target the CEO, that always scares people. I don’t want members to think I am downramping so I will write it in a passive way. I tried yesterday by attacking the decision making of the board with regards to what they choose to send to the ASX for announcing 😆 . Will you all help me. I have $130 that I want to invest. I need a really cheap price. I’m worried that the share price bottomed out yesterday and I missed my opportunity.
Nailed it Slade. And the dubious poster to boot.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Everyone complaining about the tape-out not being announced on the asx would also be complaining if we were suspended by the asx due to another "fluff" announcement. People should read through the ASX listing rules. The company is not obliged IMO to release an announcement on the tape-out as it has indicated numerous times that it was developing new IP. This careful approach is what I like about management's direction. At least when a price sensitive announcement drops we know it is "management worthy".

Larry is a LTH

xT0xerue5Mzx0S6RGg.gif

Larry

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

stuart888

Regular
What a difference a year makes. The first tape out, in my mind was "sure hope it works out". That was another milestone Brainchip passed beautifully.

No concern this time, plus+ the portability/flexibility to do this now with Global Foundries is awesome.

The whole Spiking Neural Network trend, slow and steady taking down Von Neumann is also derisked 100%. The SNN BRN blast is at the very beginning. 🦠

The features focused on with AKD1500 have to be focused on "quicker to cash wins". Meaning, perhaps focus on the customers that are ready to hit the market faster. Some of the Brainchip staff mentioned that before, putting resources towards sooner rather than later wins.

Low power edge IoT might be faster to market over LSTM/Transformers, which is likely 2024 as @Diogenese has formulated.

Whatever the staff is doing, I bet it is for faster to market wins. 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♂️

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

VictorG

Time to move on. There is now officially way more whinging about yesterdays whinging then there was whinging originally.
Stop your whining 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

stuart888

Regular
Not exactly the same. I think he added a line about remaining positive because there was no sales activity last quarter. At some point, we need more licenses to be sold. Remaining upbeat is all well and good but businesses live and die by sales.

Last quarter:

View attachment 28285

This quarter:
View attachment 28284

ALso, this quarterly made no mention of "greatest sales activity and engagement" which could be construed as negative but also no mention of the "tough global tech market" which could be seen as a positive.
Yes agreed @alwaysgreen as it is solidly positive.

First, "the Company will focus on key sales targets and converting technical evaluations into paid licenses". This will be in every statement forever, as this is what they do. Cut and Paste, but true forever.

Second, "extend our technological lead". Since customers/employees/leadership at Mercedes/Renesas/Nviso, etc will see these words. I really doubt they are embellishing.

Seems solidly confident for sure, but again NDAs are just part of the deal. Nasa for sure is not going to say anything.

Brainchip keeps winning with the Benchmarks, that is a key thing to keep an eye on.

🔝 I would assume AKD1500 is going to show even better benchmarks (inference\power\machine-learning).

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Animated GIF

Hopefully this will be inclusive and will cheer everyone up.
Good morning all have a great day.
Not yet Bacon Lover, save the thrust mate till the end of the year, I have one last top up to complete and that’s it for my family and I, then just sit back and let the ASX this time to chase BRN for the announcements, WOW! That would be awesome 😎

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

FJ-215

Regular
I'm sure I've said it before, but there's only reason you would be upset about the Tape-out not being an ANN, is if your trading horizon is very short.
I can understand the anxiety if you are over-loaded with BRN, bought at a much higher price/averaged up, or if you wanted to be in and out quickly.
Fortunately though, most here understand the technology and also the company goals, and realise these bits of info spread to those with a finger on the pulse represent fantastic buying opportunities, or de-risking of their long term investment.
If you plan on being here for at least a few years, having the SP held down for longer is just an opportunity.
Morning Damo4,

I don't fit your model. A long term holder, free carried on the back of selling some shares on the back of the MB news last year. No intention of selling any more at this point and no desire to buy either. I'm not upset at the lack of an ANN, I'm disappointed with the presentation of how the news of tape out was conveyed to the market. This at a time where we are asking the market to invest in the company via the LDA call.

Then again, I read a great little piece by Henry Jennings yesterday. Henry covers small cap stocks for Marcus Padley's new letter. Resource stocks are among his favorites. I'll take the name out so as to not cross promote. Anyway, things that make you go Hmmm.....

'So obvious really ??? has some good results, the share price pops and then the company goes to the well of capital and is set to raise some funds this morning. Rinse and repeat for resource companies throughout history. ??? looks to have engaged Canaccord and Shaw for a $20m raising at 10c. Certainly explains why Canaccord has been so positive recently with research.

In a world where institutions have straight-through access to the market, dark pools of liquidity and pricing power to the max on commission rates, then the expensive research has to be paid by someone. That someone is invariably through getting corporate deals. It was always thus. A broker can be paid anywhere up to 6% or even higher in some cases of the money raised. Some brokers even eschew the commission and take the payment as shares instead. As a general rule, the higher the company has to pay in fees (commission), the more risky and maybe opportunistic the raise. The big brokers and the big deals are done at small discounts and small fees. Deal flow is important, and looking after clients on both sides of the transaction is paramount for long-term success.

The key to a successful capital raise is first doing it at a price that everyone is happy with and, secondly, ensuring that there is sufficient news flow to keep everyone interested. For miners, money going into the ground is important. That is where investors want to see it go. Not in corporate expenses. They want bang for buck.'

The thing I like about the POA with LDA is it can take the shady back room deals out of capital raises. LDA sell the shares we give them (for a commission) and they sell them on market, investors both institutional and retail have to fight it out at market prices. At least in theory. It doesn't feel like that is the case with this call..

So who is on the other side of this transaction?

Does anyone have access to broker data so we can see who is buying. Insto or retail.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Greetings Earthlings,

I thought it was a good time to take a peek back at an extract from the Annual General Meeting CEO and Chairman’s Address on the 26 May 2021.

After reading it, I wondered what OEM in their right mind isn't going to want to get their mitts on this piece of technological wizardry that can understand and predict the behaviour of objects and sounds, learning and taking action in real-time, with low power consumption to boot. Who knows, in future it might be mandatory for all new cars to be able to differentiate a rock from a plastic bag. I for one was never expecting that Driver Monitoring would be made mandatory so quickly, which is a taste of things to come I suppose.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 10.05.40 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Have faith and hold tight Pmel ... We are all feeling it!! All will be good! The crawling, walking and jogging sessions are almost over and we are now limbering up for a full on sprint!! 🚀🚀 🚀

As posted before;

“To lose patience is to lose the battle.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Edge Impulse Partners at Electronica 2022: Sony’s Spresense

• Fire
  • Love

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

stuart888

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Pmel

Regular
Have faith and hold tight Pmel ... We are all feeling it!! All will be good! The crawling, walking and jogging sessions are almost over and we are now limbering up for a full on sprint!! 🚀🚀 🚀

As posted before;

“To lose patience is to lose the battle.”
Thanks mate. you know we are all frustrated. But reponses like yours help in this sort of situation. Not like some who will give you S##$S. Holding tight and holding a lot of them.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

ndefries

Regular
3M short taken out yesterday which was as i expected. it's now incredibly interesting how many have been taken out and need to be bought back.

Top Bottom