BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Sony doing event based photo pranks

Then Apple came up with the floppy d!cks camera.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
Let’s go Mercedes. Apologies if already posted.

Mercedes-Benz world’s first automotive company to certify SAE Level 3 system for U.S. market​

Carson City/Stuttgart, January 27, 2023

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Then Apple came up with the floppy d!cks camera.
They sold out...
1674813917632.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Wags

Regular
It dictates how good my Friday beers taste.

4c Monday morning prior to open is my guess.

Hi AG,
I'm not so sure, as that would be Sunday US time?
I do understand we are ASX, and technically it shouldn't matter, but lots of senior exec's are on US time.
I also understand the Co has until the end of month play, to release the report.

Personally, I don't understand the last minute thing. We are not reporting a last minute material contract where the Co has responsibilities to not delay that information to the marketplace. We are talking financial reporting for a time period essentially 2 months ago, so I would have thought those numbers were pretty much cast in stone some time back, and the Co is choosing the timing.
Given the recent LDA call, I feel comfortable that the timing is strategic.

Maybe I'm just a blind lost soul without a rudder?

A few years ago, information and subject matter was pretty thin on the ground, and though I felt excited and confident, I still felt speculative and not without risk.
Not taking anything away from our marvellous highly skilled 1000 eyes, however these days the information is coming thick and fast. The apparent pace of the technology acceptance, just seems crazy fast. The challenge for those capable is to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Its been a big reminder lesson in patience, and understanding the industry timelines better than I did before.

These days, Im much more relaxed and confident, in my mind we are to a high degree, now derisked, and that the patience will be rewarded.

I just wish we would CHOP CHOP. ha

I also miss @Fact Finder. Wish he would come back CHOP CHOP.

Dont give up your seats on the bus to these manipulators and "bastardoes" Relax, enjoy the weekend.
Im giving myself at least another 2 or 3 qtrs to see what happens, and I reckon by then, there will be no doubt as to where we are going.

There's plenty I don't understand, and this is all just my friday evening, wine effected musings. Definitely not advice.

Be kind.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Let’s go Mercedes. Apologies if already posted.

Mercedes-Benz world’s first automotive company to certify SAE Level 3 system for U.S. market​

Carson City/Stuttgart, January 27, 2023

" D[I]RIVE PILOT will be availab...valeo.com/en/valeo-scala-lidar/']Valeo SCALA®
2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

" DRIVE PILOT will be available in the U.S. market as an option for model year 2024 Mercedes‑Benz S-Class and EQS Sedan models, with the first cars delivered to customers in the second half of 2023."

Scala 2 supports Level 3 ADAS:

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeos-lid...mercedes-benz-drive-pilot-sae-level-3-system/

Valeo SCALA® 2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

It's tantalizingly close:

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeos-thi...lantis-for-its-level-3-automation-capability/

Stellantis has chosen Valeo's third-generation LiDAR to equip multiple models of its different automotive brands from 2024. The Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR will enable these vehicles to be certified for level 3 automation, allowing drivers to safely take their hands off the steering wheel and their eyes off the road.

Marc Vrecko, President of Valeo’s Comfort & Driving Assistance Systems Business Group, commented: “A new chapter in driving assistance systems is being written with our partners at Stellantis. Level 3 vehicle automation can only be achieved with LiDAR technology. Without it, some objects cannot be detected. Yet at this level of autonomy, the system’s perception capabilities must be extremely precise. Our third-generation Valeo SCALA LiDAR offers a resolution nearly 50 times that of the second-generation device. The technology comes with unique data collection features, allowing Stellantis to pave the way for new vehicle experiences.

50 times resolution means 50 times processing, unless ...

So I think it's a given that Stellantis will be using a SNN LiDaR processor in 2024.

Surely, despite the fact that Scala 2 is said to provide Level 3 ADAS, Mercedes will not be selling cars with inferior LiDaRs in the second half of 2023?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

cassip

Regular
off topic, that means not completely as it is about Australia and Germany

Regards
Cassip

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
When driving or doing chores at home I like to listen to the BBC on the radio. The BBC world service claims to have a weekly audience of around 364 million people around the world. They have this programme called CrowdScience (also available in podcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04d42rc/episodes/downloads) which is an approximately 10 minute segment where they cover science-related topics that are suggested by listeners, and break them down in simple terms for listeners to understand. In June they covered "What is a quantum computer?". Recently, I emailed them asking "What's A Neuromorphic Chip Anyway?" quoting their use in drones and the Merc EQXX.

One of the factors affecting stock prices as we know is liquidity, and the more people aware of neuromorphic computing = more buyers for shares (demand increases) ==> higher share price. Perhaps if the programme receives a few more emails (crowdscience@bbc.co.uk) requesting coverage of the same topic (please vary your wording) with various other commercial / near commercial neuromorphic product examples like Prophesee, DVS, NASA, etc, and WITHOUT specifically mentioning BRN exclusively (to avoid looking like a marketing campaign) they might feel compelled to record an episode on it. Inevitably, if they do their research right, they would mention (or even feature) Akida.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Short selling, sure it's a legal investment strategy and there is some argument that it provides liquidity to the market and for those without a conscience, prosper from its perverse allowance in the market, but in most cases besides the company targeted in the attack, the retail investor ultimately is the loser. The sooner this wicked evil practice is outlawed the better.
In the below article, how many poor unsuspecting bastards have just been shafted for no other reason but greed of the instigators.
My opinion only

Reactions: 19 users

Xray1

Regular
It dictates how good my Friday beers taste.

4c Monday morning prior to open is my guess.
Don't think so as USA office will be closed ... most likely Tuesday mid morning

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Unfortunately Hindenburg Research is just one of other prominent short sellers like Citron Research (probably the most infamous) and Kynikos amongst others. They leverage upon their extensive research capabilities to spot irregularities in companies and then do a massive short before releasing news of their concerns. While on the brink of acceptability (should have reported to authorities instead), the kind of shorting that is an affront to retail investors is the kind that attempts to determine the direction of an illiquid stock, not on any negative news but purely by trying to influence sentiment for profit like what has been happening to BRN. We've seen many examples of this (shares being bought / sold in small lots of running numbers / same numbers, etc).

Short selling, sure it's a legal investment strategy and there is some argument that it provides liquidity to the market and for those without a conscience, prosper from its perverse allowance in the market, but in most cases besides the company targeted in the attack, the retail investor ultimately is the loser. The sooner this wicked evil practice is outlawed the better.
In the below article, how many poor unsuspecting bastards have just been shafted for no other reason but greed of the instigators.
My opinion only

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
NASA and DARPA working together on nuclear rocket to get to Mars. Obviously the extreme heat generated would be a problem. Lucky they have Akida and rad hardened chips via Vorago 😉😉
A55AD236-072A-4456-B9D7-CD298FE6ACDE.png
7CE5C06E-D34A-424F-8319-416F27B424F5.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 74 users

charles2

Regular
Only a matter of time

Clic the robot

Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
" D[I]RIVE PILOT will be availab...valeo.com/en/valeo-scala-lidar/']Valeo SCALA®
2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

" DRIVE PILOT will be available in the U.S. market as an option for model year 2024 Mercedes‑Benz S-Class and EQS Sedan models, with the first cars delivered to customers in the second half of 2023."

Scala 2 supports Level 3 ADAS:

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeos-lid...mercedes-benz-drive-pilot-sae-level-3-system/

Valeo SCALA® 2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

It's tantalizingly close:

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeos-thi...lantis-for-its-level-3-automation-capability/

Stellantis has chosen Valeo's third-generation LiDAR to equip multiple models of its different automotive brands from 2024. The Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR will enable these vehicles to be certified for level 3 automation, allowing drivers to safely take their hands off the steering wheel and their eyes off the road.

Marc Vrecko, President of Valeo’s Comfort & Driving Assistance Systems Business Group, commented: “A new chapter in driving assistance systems is being written with our partners at Stellantis. Level 3 vehicle automation can only be achieved with LiDAR technology. Without it, some objects cannot be detected. Yet at this level of autonomy, the system’s perception capabilities must be extremely precise. Our third-generation Valeo SCALA LiDAR offers a resolution nearly 50 times that of the second-generation device. The technology comes with unique data collection features, allowing Stellantis to pave the way for new vehicle experiences.

50 times resolution means 50 times processing, unless ...

So I think it's a given that Stellantis will be using a SNN LiDaR processor in 2024.

Surely, despite the fact that Scala 2 is said to provide Level 3 ADAS, Mercedes will not be selling cars with inferior LiDaRs in the second half of 2023?
The original story of the Brainchip Valeo joint development to refresh the memory.

https://smallcaps.com.au/brainchip-joint-development-agreement-akida-neuromorphic-chip-valeo/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

FJ-215

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Nuclear?????

This guy worked for NASA a while back. Take a look.

Thorium wow, makes you wonder why they stockpiled it back in the 50's, did they have the foresight back in the day that it might become a very valuable future resource??

Loop Power GIF by xponentialdesign

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom