BRN Discussion Ongoing

Build-it

Regular

Screenshot_20230126-064253_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if something has changed (akida) that provides confidence to allow exposure in this predictive maintenance technology.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Australia Aussie GIF by Maytronics

Luckiest country on the planet.
Have a great day everyone ❤

• Love
Reactions: 57 users

stuart888

Regular

tinyML Trailblazers with Luca Verre CEO Prophesee​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Violin1

Regular
Re the 4C.

I simply ask that no matter what the 4C brings, people that have a sudden desire to either explode with joy or anger and share their immediate thoughts with our BRN staff/management or partners maybe take a breath.

The one thing I find particularly interesting in my career is after a particularly stressful or stimulant assisted exchange, people often come back a day or so latter with their tails between their legs apologising profusely after they recognise what they actually did or said. But the damage has been done.

So recalling the last 4c, I remember there was commentary that Tony and co received rather crass calls or emails at Brainchip Hq. How about we try and fashion those, if we have to, into corro likely to result in a wilful and positive response rather than a benign but politely worded response which in all reality means you are a rude prick.

My thoughts . ✌️
Fully agree. The company is doing what it said it would, maybe slightly slower on sales announcements than we'd like, but moving it all forward. We have no promises of massive revenue yet, or of announcements so we should not build up our expectations and then spit the dummy when they don't become reality. Don't be rude - nice motto for life, really.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
1674683150629.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Tuliptrader

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Then again with everything going on they might just really feel that they need the dollars soon to really get things firing up. LDA get the shares for 91.5% of the larger of the two amounts described in the announcement. It’s certainly not in BrainChip’s interest for the sp to go down. But we don’t know at the moment why they put the call out so early. I see it as a positive and that those millions are going to be put use to some great immediate effect.
My theory is that a number of customers saw Akida, loved the potential but said it needed tweaks. Hence, the capital raise to get Akida 2.0 to market asap.

Purely speculation.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
My theory is that a number of customers saw Akida, loved the potential but said it needed tweaks. Hence, the capital raise to get Akida 2.0 to market asap.

Purely speculation.
Agreed.
It must be very difficult selling a product when you know the next version is just around the corner.
I'm guessing whilst talking to potential clients they would be telling them whats in the pipeline and the endless possibilities that Akida II could be used for.
I see the early call for cash as nothing but positive.

• Thinking
  • Fire

Tothemoon24

Top 20
What’s the difference between people from Dubai & people from Abu Dhabi ?

People from Dubai don’t like the Flinstones

People from Abu Dhabi do

Pure speculation DYOR

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Very much looking forward to the Grand Reveal of the next Gen Akida! hopefully very soon!!

I have met and chatted with Peter on a few occasions now, and when we last spoke a few months ago he made the point that Akida1.0 will not be obsolete when Akida 2.0 (Or it's new name?) comes to the market because they all have their own unique functions so they will always have their own place within different applications, thought I would share that so people didn't think that the next Gen Akida's will be superseding previous versions! (They won't be!)

Have a great day whatever you do 🏊‍♂️⛱️🍻 Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 98 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Very much looking forward to the Grand Reveal of the next Gen Akida! hopefully very soon!!

I have met and chatted with Peter on a few occasions now, and when we last spoke a few months ago he made the point that Akida1.0 will not be obsolete when Akida 2.0 (Or it's new name?) comes to the market because they all have their own unique functions so they will always have their own place within different applications, thought I would share that so people didn't think that the next Gen Akida's will be superseding previous versions! (They won't be!)

Interesting. Not being technical I had assumed that Akida 2 would be an enhanced version of Akida 1.
i.e. capable of everything that Akida 1 could do but with some additional capabilities and perhaps improved performance.
So, I could see that Akida 1 wouldn't necessarily become obsolete as certain use cases could be satisfied and you would only opt for Akida 2 if you wanted or needed the extra utility. Similarly you may not need all of the grunt or wide spectrum recognition potentially available in Akida 1 or 2 if your use case is fairly simple or limited such as may be employed by a toy or an appliance which is merely registering some easily defined input or stimulus.
But am I correct then in my reading of your comment that Akida 1 will be capable of activity that Akida 2 is not?

Also curious where you caught up with Peter a few months ago if you're willing to share. 🤣
How was he? In good spirits? Although I know he doesn't partake of alcohol.🤣

When I spoke with him in Sydney last AGM he was in fine form both mentally and apparently physically.
I got the impression he looks after himself and is definitely a man with a mission.
He impressed me a lot and along with the team he has built around him gave me great confidence in our investment.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Realinfo

Regular
There was s/p movement at the station
as the word had past around,
that the 4c had been drafted
and it didn"t bring a frown.

.................................................................mrgdsPatterson ............................................................

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hey @mrgds…you and me should pay Banjo’s Foundation a royalty !!

We’re in the middle of the awards season, with the Oscar’s, the Emmy’s, the Golden Globes, the Grammy’s et al in full nomination mode. Listening to all the Australia Day Awards today, I thought…has Peter been properly recognised for his life changing and transformational achievement?

I recall some pretty obscure gong that he received a couple of years ago, but me myself personally believes what he’s done and is doing, puts him right up there in Nobel Prize territory. I mean even Billy Gates said anyone who could do what Peter’s done, is worth ten times what he did.

No doubt awards are the last thing on his mind, but I believe Peter will eventually be internationally recognised by the wider global community for what he’s achieved and is achieving. For now though, this lack of recognition simply demonstrates that understanding what Akida can and will do, remains locked in the realm of the tech world.

In relation to the next 4C, me thinks that revenue must be higher…I mean surely it couldn’t remain at the paltry level it was last time.

That said…there is no excuse for Hey Hey’s update to not include the current state of play with Akida’s development, patents, staffing, and of course sales and marketing. I say again, this can easily be done without naming names or jeopardising confidentiality agreements our battler has signed. To suggest otherwise is a nonsense, and an admission that nobody within the company has the ability to put words on paper that summarises where the company currently is, without breaching confidentiality.

I feel better now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

dippY22

Regular

tinyML Trailblazers with Luca Verre CEO Prophesee​

Synsense and Loihi mentioned but didn't hear any references to Akida. But I was multitasking so my attention was not totally focused.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

Brilliant, thanks for that clarification.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
When you see a post and you nod your agreeing with what it says but your scratching your head at the same time

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Interesting. Not being technical I had assumed that Akida 2 would be an enhanced version of Akida 1.
i.e. capable of everything that Akida 1 could do but with some additional capabilities and perhaps improved performance.
So, I could see that Akida 1 wouldn't necessarily become obsolete as certain use cases could be satisfied and you would only opt for Akida 2 if you wanted or needed the extra utility. Similarly you may not need all of the grunt or wide spectrum recognition potentially available in Akida 1 or 2 if your use case is fairly simple or limited such as may be employed by a toy or an appliance which is merely registering some easily defined input or stimulus.
But am I correct then in my reading of your comment that Akida 1 will be capable of activity that Akida 2 is not?

Also curious where you caught up with Peter a few months ago if you're willing to share. 🤣
How was he? In good spirits? Although I know he doesn't partake of alcohol.🤣

When I spoke with him in Sydney last AGM he was in fine form both mentally and apparently physically.
I got the impression he looks after himself and is definitely a man with a mission.
He impressed me a lot and along with the team he has built around him gave me great confidence in our investment.
Hi Hoppy.. I think Akida2.0 as I understand it is gearing towards being optimized for LSTM and transformers as there has been a lot of talk about this recently and as I said all Akida versions will all have their own use cases!
as to your comment "Akida 1 will be capable of activity that Akida 2 is not?" Hard to comment on this until the Grand Reveal, maybe @Diogenese can HELP! but I think they are geared for specific applications and manufactures can choose which one best suits their products.

Peter is a very modest man and a great guy to chat to and correct he doesn't drink alcohol he is happy with his sparkling water.
We met in Perth at a few get togethers arranged by @Earlyrelease & TD and have also had the pleasure of meeting Ken & Pia also great people to chat with.

Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 34 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi skutza,

I don't think the 4C will offer much in dollar terms. If there was a major license agreement we probably would of heard about it unless it is a secret squirrel agreement with a DoD contractor in which case the dollars would likely trickle in over years to hide the deal and its pricing. Also a chance that the cash from any sales won't hit our books until this quarter. Not the companys' fault, just accounting. Will likely release it after the market closes on Friday.

The LDA call is my main focus atm. Looking at the announcement I assume that BRN are chasing the full amount available of $28M (give or take a dollar or two). If that is their aim it implies a SP of around 93 cents. I think most holders would be happy with that. The question is what news does the company have up its sleeve to boost the SP to that level (and beyond)? The odd thing about this call is the extended time frame.
Just playing " Devils Advocate " ........... what if the money raised via LDA is partially used towards a Co acquisition or maybe a new start up Co .... who or what could it be ??? !!!

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Synsense and Loihi mentioned but didn't hear any references to Akida. But I was multitasking so my attention was not totally focused.
Something like this mate:LOL:

ball multitasking GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
Just playing " Devils Advocate " ........... what if the money raised via LDA is partially used towards a Co acquisition or maybe a new start up Co .... who or what could it be ??? !!!
I cannot believe our senior management would just out of the blue raise funds (sell shares) at these low prices. There must be an agenda we are not privy to. Just when the reasoning for this is released, who knows? Tomorrow? AGM....probably not then as it will be too late to supercharge the SP. Whatever it is will just drop out of the blue, as the Intel news was. And VVDN. All I know is that our senior management are smart cookies.

Re the Anastasi interview with Mike Davies, it was as though he was talking of the market leader in Loihi 2. We all know this isn't correct as L2 is still a research chip, so just what is going on. I was thinking Intel may abandon L2 for Akida, which in turn would supply reasoning for the share sales in my first point. So much we don't know and are only speculating on.

• Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Might be worth keeping an eye on Mouna ELKHATIB.

She worked for only 6 months at Brainchip. Seems like she is selling edge IP and ASIC. Naming sounds familiar... AON1000... hmmm. Hopefully it's not the only thing she has copied from Brainchip! She was the Director of Design Engineering at Brainchip so would have an intricate knowledge of AKIDA. I wonder if there is any patent infringement?

Ultra low power, always on, event detection etc. Sounds too familiar. The technical details are above my pay grade.

1674693729278.png

1674693711139.png

1674694024716.png

1674693964089.png

1674694002815.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Top Bottom