BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
Yes I agree overall, but what I suppose I was wondering is what people's thoughts were. 1 year low revenue, 2 years? three years? For me I've been holding around 5 years, but if you'd asked me 5 years ago I would've said 5 years :) However I'm happy with the progress to this point as they seem to be "lining up the ducks nicely" but if in 5 years we haven't seen significant revenue, well I'm retiring, so 3 years for me I'd like to see us breaking even at worse.
Ok, gotcha. I’m not (delete swearing) waiting another 5 years to get rich. I’m happy now though.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Ok, gotcha. I’m not (delete swearing) waiting another 5 years to get rich. I’m happy now though.
Extract from the Nixon tapes?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Extract from the Nixon tapes?
richard-nixon-nixon.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

GpHiggsBoson

Regular
G’Day Brainchipers..
I hate to be the bearer of bad News but we may be days away from the start of a slide down in the share market. Hope I am wrong. The market could also edge up from where we are for a few days to suck more liquidity in. Then we go down hard.

I am not in the camp we are at the end of the bear market like some, each to their own.

Obviously opportunities will come from every circumstance.

I never give advice just an opinion. I know as much as the next punter. No doom and gloom just my thoughts and thought I would share tonight.

Wish you all the best. See you on the other side.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
Bad news without the doom and gloom. 😝

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Reasonable sort of commentary @skutza. I'd be happy to see some revenue but not pinning any great hopes on it as I think more likely in the back end of calendar 2023 now. I was hopeful of a bit earlier but strikes me that the job of closing deals is a bit harder than we, and possibly the company, expected. We can blame world conditions and I'm sure that's part of it - but closing deals seems to be tough and then there's long lead time for revenue flows. None of it bothers me that much - there is clearly progress from public comments of partners and the Intel connection really put some extra foundations under my investment thesis. So it's all down to patience.

If the 4c has low revenue, or even modest revenue, I still think there'll be a major push down of the price. We've seen it before and we'll see it again. I just hope we don't see people getting sucked in by it. If only I'd won Powerball I could sit under the funnel and gulp up millions of shares as they are thrown into the hopper!

Again I'll say that we only need $20m per annum to breakeven. Doesn't need too many royalty deals to make that happen over the next year or two. Good luck to all.
Breaking even is not going to justify our market cap. At some point, we will need consistent revenue of $50 million plus to justify our share price. I'm holding out for the explosive growth we were promised but the longer it takes to arrive, the further our price will fall, particularly in this market.

*Puts up flame shield.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Breaking even is not going to justify our market cap. At some point, we will need consistent revenue of $50 million plus to justify our share price. I'm holding out for the explosive growth we were promised but the longer it takes to arrive, the further our price will fall, particularly in this market.

*Puts up flame shield.

Fail Captain America GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

JK200SX

Regular
The more, the merrier!

Since "voice interaction" is such a tremendous part of the focus, it's quite a stroke of luck for us that the BrainChip/Mercedes partnership demonstrated via the "Hey Mercedes” voice control system in the Vision EQXX that our technology is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control technology.🥳

Check out what Sachin Lawande (CEO Visteon) had to say in October 2022 in the extract below about what we can expect from some of Visteon's products in the cockpit that are under development.

View attachment 27922

(Extract Only - Sachin Lawande - CEO Visteon)

If we look maybe three years down the road, what can we expect to get from some of your products in the cockpit that are under development?
What I can say is that you can expect in ... about five years ... a tremendous focus on improving the voice interaction with the car. The car will effectively talk to you. Today, you push buttons, knobs, and have moved to touch, but the next level of interaction will be voice.
Will the technology for voice recognition ever become accent-agnostic and therefore more efficient?
Hundred percent. This is one of the things that we have been working with them on. And Google, of course, does have a tremendous amount of data. So even in India, as you know, there are multiple languages, let alone accents. The voice interaction will be a terrific first step. The second step is using AI to enter cameras around the vehicle and inside the vehicle, you will be able to, for example, see on your phone, how your son or daughter is driving somewhere on the road, and actually interact with them and see what they see outside and be able to help them navigate. So the phone and the car will merge into one.
So, what does that mean for industry regulations with respect to telecom privacy, data and more?
The industry will have to evolve. We are putting the technology underpinnings of it together working with Amazon. If you look at our personal computer devices – we have the phone, the tablet, the computer, and we have the television, right? There's nothing that you can do with a tablet that you cannot do on the phone, except that the tablet gives you a little more convenience when you have more downtime. When you go to the PC, it's more of a content-creation device. And the television is starting to fade away because it's nothing more than a display.
Now the car is an interesting device that's going to evolve along the same trajectory as the phone, tablet, and the car. So, there are certain driving-related restrictions, which means you cannot pay too much attention to the display and read it as you drive or touch all parts of the screen because the screen is going to be very large. So, the modality of interaction is going to be what's changing. But a lot of the content that you have on the phone and the tablet is going to appear on the cover to make that whole experience better and safer. And that's a big change going through the industry.
I would just love to see our name on one of these large collages one day.

• Fire
  • Love

Slade

Top 20

*Puts up flame shield.
Promised? I must have missed that.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
G’Day Brainchipers..
I hate to be the bearer of bad News but we may be days away from the start of a slide down in the share market. Hope I am wrong. The market could also edge up from where we are for a few days to suck more liquidity in. Then we go down hard.

I am not in the camp we are at the end of the bear market like some, each to their own.

Obviously opportunities will come from every circumstance.

I never give advice just an opinion. I know as much as the next punter. No doom and gloom just my thoughts and thought I would share tonight.

Wish you all the best. See you on the other side.
"The market could also edge up" ..... "Then we go down hard."???

We will wait and see!!! How rich we could all be if we could predict 'The market'!! ??

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Violin1

Regular

*Puts up flame shield.
Sure AG, but not what I was saying. My breakeven comment means lower chance of capital raising (other than for major growth opportunities) and that once we are there then the profit margins become pretty cool. Contrast this with some medium and large businesses that need major revenue. I think this means we're looking pretty good over next couple of years.

* replaces rose-coloured glasses, pours another Grosset Nereus 2015, thinks more deep (Ok, shallow) thoughts....

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

FJ-215

Regular
So, I'll stir the pot a little. Reading back the last few days, I've seen discussions on SP, revenue and LDA. So looking at time frames and other bits and pieces, without people getting nasty, what are peoples thoughts?

Here are mine. I'd be very disappointed if the LDA call comes to time and no good news has come forward. (price sensitive ASX ann) If the SP hasn't moved, I'm ok with that, it'll do what it does. I'd just be disappointed they made the call so early without some good news. AKIDA 2000 or decent 4c for example.

Regarding the 4c, IMO should be better than the last one but $500-$1 miil would make me happy. That would show progress. I think the war, covid and financial markets are a good enough reason for slower than expected progress.

Arm, Intel or anyone using our IP without paying a licence fee would be unacceptable. The only way these people should be allowed to use our IP is by buying the licence or using a third party that already has. It was mentioned earlier than someone wouldn't mind if those companies didn't. I can guarantee you that Megachips wouldn't see it the same way!.

Finally, if we don't get another licence deal or lumpy revenue before the AGM, has Sean not "done his job" and should he be judged accordingly after being so bold? I believe he wanted to be judged and using poor markets can't be an excuse as this should be taken into account before making such comments. On the other hand, if we do see another licence and some lumpy revenue before hand he should be judged accordingly with holders singing in the streets holding up signs with God save KING Sean on them. IMO have fun, and be kind.
Hi skutza,

I don't think the 4C will offer much in dollar terms. If there was a major license agreement we probably would of heard about it unless it is a secret squirrel agreement with a DoD contractor in which case the dollars would likely trickle in over years to hide the deal and its pricing. Also a chance that the cash from any sales won't hit our books until this quarter. Not the companys' fault, just accounting. Will likely release it after the market closes on Friday.

The LDA call is my main focus atm. Looking at the announcement I assume that BRN are chasing the full amount available of $28M (give or take a dollar or two). If that is their aim it implies a SP of around 93 cents. I think most holders would be happy with that. The question is what news does the company have up its sleeve to boost the SP to that level (and beyond)? The odd thing about this call is the extended time frame.

• Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi skutza,

I don't think the 4C will offer much in dollar terms. If there was a major license agreement we probably would of heard about it unless it is a secret squirrel agreement with a DoD contractor in which case the dollars would likely trickle in over years to hide the deal and its pricing. Also a chance that the cash from any sales won't hit our books until this quarter. Not the companys' fault, just accounting. Will likely release it after the market closes on Friday.

The LDA call is my main focus atm. Looking at the announcement I assume that BRN are chasing the full amount available of $28M (give or take a dollar or two). If that is their aim it implies a SP of around 93 cents. I think most holders would be happy with that. The question is what news does the company have up its sleeve to boost the SP to that level (and beyond)? The odd thing about this call is the extended time frame.
Then again with everything going on they might just really feel that they need the dollars soon to really get things firing up. LDA get the shares for 91.5% of the larger of the two amounts described in the announcement. It’s certainly not in BrainChip’s interest for the sp to go down. But we don’t know at the moment why they put the call out so early. I see it as a positive and that those millions are going to be put use to some great immediate effect.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Re the 4C.

I simply ask that no matter what the 4C brings, people that have a sudden desire to either explode with joy or anger and share their immediate thoughts with our BRN staff/management or partners maybe take a breath.

The one thing I find particularly interesting in my career is after a particularly stressful or stimulant assisted exchange, people often come back a day or so latter with their tails between their legs apologising profusely after they recognise what they actually did or said. But the damage has been done.

So recalling the last 4c, I remember there was commentary that Tony and co received rather crass calls or emails at Brainchip Hq. How about we try and fashion those, if we have to, into corro likely to result in a wilful and positive response rather than a benign but politely worded response which in all reality means you are a rude prick.

My thoughts . ✌️

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Manoj Raghavan, commenting on the company’s performance, said, "We have delivered a quarter of steady growth in a seasonally weak and challenging quarter for the technology industry and macro-economic uncertainty in our key markets. We are seeing strong and sustained growth in the Automotive and adjacent segments in Transportation, led by our differentiated EV and digital capabilities...
Read more : https://lnkd.in/gnVBKdWh
1674651573259.png

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

FJ-215

Regular
Then again with everything going on they might just really feel that they need the dollars soon to really get things firing up. LDA get the shares for 91.5% of the larger of the two amounts described in the announcement. It’s certainly not in BrainChip’s interest for the sp to go down. But we don’t know at the moment why they put the call out so early. I see it as a positive and that those millions are going to be put use to some great immediate effect.
With all the talk of global growth slowing and recession, being cashed up with $50M plus in the bank has to be good news. Smart move going early imo.

• Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Slade

Top 20
With all the talk of global growth slowing and recession, being cashed up with $50M plus in the bank has to be good news. Smart move going early imo.
Agree

My unqualified and unsolicited prediction of the 4C... Slight increase in revenue due to non-recurring engineering (NRE) fees (presumably paid for meeting certain milestones) which would augur well as an indication of future streams of revenue from recurring sales.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom