BRN Discussion Ongoing

stuart888

Regular
From 1 hour 30 minutes onwards have a listen, it’s where Nickunj touches on radar and Lidar and other products coming out “very soon”

English is his second language so it’s a little hard to understand.

Thanks Mr @chapman89 for many spot-on comments/intellect!

On this first: BrainChip Inc: AI Accelerator Program - Introduction to Neuromorphic Computing

"Let me toss huge praise on this super-sharp Nickunj"!
👑 He was the complete star of this Spiking Neural Network must-watch educational presentation.

I am big fans of our management/sales team, but the secret sauce right below PvdM and Anil are people on the implementation team like Nickunj! Now we start to get a peek inside, and learn more about key personnel.

Likely there are 15 or so more with the same core knowledge level. Then maybe another big chuck of folks just a notch below, gaining product implementation knowledge daily.

Way to perform Nickunj! ✅

Perhaps some folks here know some background and or have met him. Seems spot on for his job.

1673368465041.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

cosors

👀

PROPHESEE Renesas Electronics Edge Impulse VVDN Technologies Socionext US NVISO Mercedes-Benz AG Valeo
These companies showcase Brainchip technology
In my quick cross-search here I did not find UCIe in direct connection with Mercedes-Benz. Whether and what this could mean for us I leave to the more experienced among us.
Further down in the comments Jesse from PROPHESEE leaves a little hint or wink in our direction.

"Markus Schäfer

In my view, hardware and software are two sides of the same coin, which why semiconductors are indispensable to our software-driven future.

That’s why Mercedes-Benz AG just became the first automotive OEM to join the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe). This is an incredibly important move for us, but also for the consortium, which is the gold standard for chiplet interface standardisation.

As the requirements for semiconductor systems become increasingly complex, the industry urgently needs high-performance, energy-efficiency and cost-effective automotive-grade #chiplets to achieve our innovation goals in autonomous driving. I’m certain that our contribution to UCIe will help to bring the automotive computing landscape to the next level.

We join an impressive roster of key industry leaders, including Microsoft, NVIDIA, Intel Corporation, Qualcomm, ASE Global and more. For me, personally, it matters a lot to play a meaningful role in a consortium that is so crucial to the future of our sector.

My team can’t wait to move this forward. And, of course, I’ll be keeping you posted on developments.

1673371287225.png
"
https://hr.linkedin.com/posts/markus-schäfer_chiplets-futureofmobility-leadincarsoftware-activity-7011253968311865346-0wlw

I'm actually looking for the presentation by MB that was first supposed to be about neuromorphic computing and where we won the voting. Does anyone know what happened to it? CES would have been a nice opportunity. Or are we too offensive with the fan community and MB is more cautious now?

And another naive question: MB started their work on neuromorphic computing with Intel and their Loihi and got on the track that this is much more energy efficient. Then they probably chose Akida because of maturity and availability. Since MB is not exactly known for flying a new flag at every new wind, could it be that they told Intel that they would like to continue working with them and that MB is waiting until they could deliver and that's why Intel added Brainchip to their IP program? So first watch up close how the business is going?

Now if this is too crude and weird I will gladly delete my post.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Evening Chippers,

Completely non related...

Chicago Futures Exchange, where every commodity in the world is traded.

This lass has got the vibe....& gives a great overview of Chicago.

Great set.

Korolova - Live @ Chicago, USA, 4c / Melodic Techno & Progressive House Mix. 2021
*Something a little special 44:06 onwards - most historic phone call - Houston- . Snippet.

* Diogenese, some time ago I looked into carrots on the Chicago Futures market , as one dose, knocked my for six.
Even had purple ones , to funny 😁.

Regards,
Esq.
Morning Esq
If I may ask ,
When you say ‘great set ‘ are you referring to
🎼or ( . ) ( . )

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
In my quick cross-search here I did not find UCIe in direct connection with Mercedes-Benz. Whether and what this could mean for us I leave to the more experienced among us.
Further down in the comments Jesse from PROPHESEE leaves a little hint or wink in our direction.

"Markus Schäfer

In my view, hardware and software are two sides of the same coin, which why semiconductors are indispensable to our software-driven future.

That’s why Mercedes-Benz AG just became the first automotive OEM to join the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe). This is an incredibly important move for us, but also for the consortium, which is the gold standard for chiplet interface standardisation.

As the requirements for semiconductor systems become increasingly complex, the industry urgently needs high-performance, energy-efficiency and cost-effective automotive-grade #chiplets to achieve our innovation goals in autonomous driving. I’m certain that our contribution to UCIe will help to bring the automotive computing landscape to the next level.

We join an impressive roster of key industry leaders, including Microsoft, NVIDIA, Intel Corporation, Qualcomm, ASE Global and more. For me, personally, it matters a lot to play a meaningful role in a consortium that is so crucial to the future of our sector.

My team can’t wait to move this forward. And, of course, I’ll be keeping you posted on developments.

View attachment 26708 "
https://hr.linkedin.com/posts/markus-schäfer_chiplets-futureofmobility-leadincarsoftware-activity-7011253968311865346-0wlw

I'm actually looking for the presentation by MB that was first supposed to be about neuromorphic computing and where we won the voting. Does anyone know what happened to it? CES would have been a nice opportunity. Or are we too offensive with the fan community and MB is more cautious now?

And another naive question: MB started their work on neuromorphic computing with Intel and their Loihi and got on the track that this is much more energy efficient. Then they probably chose Akida because of maturity and availability. Since MB is not exactly known for flying a new flag at every new wind, could it be that they told Intel that they would like to continue working with them and that MB is waiting until they could deliver and that's why Intel added Brainchip to their IP program? So first watch up close how the business is going?

Now if this is too crude and weird I will gladly delete my post.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Getupthere

Regular

Intel launches confidential computing solution for virtual machines

Today, Intel announced the launch of its 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and the Intel Max Series CPUs and GPUs, alongside the launch of a virtual machine (VM) isolation solution and an independent trust verification service to help build the “industry’s most comprehensive confidential computing portfolio.”

Intel’s VM isolation solution, Intel Trust Domain Extension (TDX), is designed to protect data stored within the VMs inside a trusted execution environment (TEE) that’s isolated from the underlying hardware. This means data processed within the TEE can’t be accessed by cloud service providers.

The organization also confirmed that Project Amber, its multicloud trust verification and software attestation service will launch in mid-2023, to help enterprises verify the trustworthiness of TEEs, devices and roots of trust.

Through expanding its confidential computing ecosystem, Intel aims to offer organizations a set of solutions to protect data at transit, at rest and in storage, so they can generate insights across on-premises, cloud and edge environments, while verifying the integrity of the components and software delivering those datasets.

Confidential computing and the software supply chain

The announcement comes as more organizations are struggling to balance data accessibility and security, with research showing that enterprises are only using an average of 58% of their data, partly due to challenges in implementing data access controls.

By combining Intel’s TDX VM-level protection alongside solutions like Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX), which uses application isolation technology to protect code and data in-use from modification, organizations will be able to better trust in the integrity of software and insights in the cloud and at the network’s edge.

It’s an approach that Intel claims goes well beyond the capabilities of traditional attestation services.

“Attestation provides cryptographic assurance that the TEE is genuine, that its microcode patches conform to the update policy, and that the TEE is correctly launched using authenticated firmware,” said Amy Santoni, Intel fellow and chief Xeon security architect.

“SGX can go a step beyond that and verify that the application software loaded in that enclave matches the manifest provided by the developer. So the developer may be someone separate from the cloud infrastructure and there’s a way to make sure that that app is exactly the one that was related by the SGX developer,” Santoni said.

Project Amber and the zero-trust journey

At the same time, the upcoming release of Project Amber has the potential to simplify the zero-trust journey.

“If you really think about it, zero-trust practices and principles hold that there should be a division of responsibilities between the infrastructure provider and the attestation provider,” Anil Rao, vice president, systems architecture and engineering, office of the CTO.

“For example, if you’re buying a used car, you don’t take the mechanic’s word saying that everything in the car is good. You generally go and have an independent mechanic check it and then make sure that the car is good,” Rao said.

Project Amber thus acts as an independent entity that organizations can use to verify software components used throughout their environments without having to rely on application vendors or cloud service providers to attest to the security of their own products.

In practice, this means organizations can deploy AI/ML models at the network’s edge to generate insights from trusted sources while ensuring that sensitive data and personally identifiable information (PII) isn’t being stolen or tampered with.

A look at the confidential computing market

Intel’s latest solutions fit within the confidential computing market, which researchers estimate will reach $54 billion by 2026 as cloud and enterprise security initiatives attempt to comply with expanding data privacy regulations.

While other providers like Google Cloud and Fortanix also offer their own confidential computing solutions with data-in-use encryption, with the former offering its own confidential VMs, Intel is attempting to differentiate itself from other vendors through the use of software attestation.

Intel’s combination of confidential computing solutions providing VM and application isolation, alongside its trust verification service that’s compatible with providers including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and IBM Cloud, gives it the potential to stand as the definitive provider in the market.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

JK200SX

Regular

Intel launches confidential computing solution for virtual machines

Today, Intel announced the launch of its 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and the Intel Max Series CPUs and GPUs, alongside the launch of a virtual machine (VM) isolation solution and an independent trust verification service to help build the “industry’s most comprehensive confidential computing portfolio.”

Intel’s VM isolation solution, Intel Trust Domain Extension (TDX), is designed to protect data stored within the VMs inside a trusted execution environment (TEE) that’s isolated from the underlying hardware. This means data processed within the TEE can’t be accessed by cloud service providers.

The organization also confirmed that Project Amber, its multicloud trust verification and software attestation service will launch in mid-2023, to help enterprises verify the trustworthiness of TEEs, devices and roots of trust.

Through expanding its confidential computing ecosystem, Intel aims to offer organizations a set of solutions to protect data at transit, at rest and in storage, so they can generate insights across on-premises, cloud and edge environments, while verifying the integrity of the components and software delivering those datasets.

Confidential computing and the software supply chain

The announcement comes as more organizations are struggling to balance data accessibility and security, with research showing that enterprises are only using an average of 58% of their data, partly due to challenges in implementing data access controls.

By combining Intel’s TDX VM-level protection alongside solutions like Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX), which uses application isolation technology to protect code and data in-use from modification, organizations will be able to better trust in the integrity of software and insights in the cloud and at the network’s edge.

It’s an approach that Intel claims goes well beyond the capabilities of traditional attestation services.

“Attestation provides cryptographic assurance that the TEE is genuine, that its microcode patches conform to the update policy, and that the TEE is correctly launched using authenticated firmware,” said Amy Santoni, Intel fellow and chief Xeon security architect.

“SGX can go a step beyond that and verify that the application software loaded in that enclave matches the manifest provided by the developer. So the developer may be someone separate from the cloud infrastructure and there’s a way to make sure that that app is exactly the one that was related by the SGX developer,” Santoni said.

Project Amber and the zero-trust journey

At the same time, the upcoming release of Project Amber has the potential to simplify the zero-trust journey.

“If you really think about it, zero-trust practices and principles hold that there should be a division of responsibilities between the infrastructure provider and the attestation provider,” Anil Rao, vice president, systems architecture and engineering, office of the CTO.

“For example, if you’re buying a used car, you don’t take the mechanic’s word saying that everything in the car is good. You generally go and have an independent mechanic check it and then make sure that the car is good,” Rao said.

Project Amber thus acts as an independent entity that organizations can use to verify software components used throughout their environments without having to rely on application vendors or cloud service providers to attest to the security of their own products.

In practice, this means organizations can deploy AI/ML models at the network’s edge to generate insights from trusted sources while ensuring that sensitive data and personally identifiable information (PII) isn’t being stolen or tampered with.

A look at the confidential computing market

Intel’s latest solutions fit within the confidential computing market, which researchers estimate will reach $54 billion by 2026 as cloud and enterprise security initiatives attempt to comply with expanding data privacy regulations.

While other providers like Google Cloud and Fortanix also offer their own confidential computing solutions with data-in-use encryption, with the former offering its own confidential VMs, Intel is attempting to differentiate itself from other vendors through the use of software attestation.

Intel’s combination of confidential computing solutions providing VM and application isolation, alongside its trust verification service that’s compatible with providers including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and IBM Cloud, gives it the potential to stand as the definitive provider in the market.
My understanding is that when intel introduce the next gen core series, ie meteor lake, they will have an NPU core, and possibly AKIDA IP (this is only my assumption on the IP added considering BRN have joined IFS).

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
More disappointment to come tell me I'm wrong
Depends on your outlook and circumstances. No one can decide that for you. I'm personally not expecting to see anything i would consider substantial and I am more than ok with that given everything else that has occurred this quarter.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

TopCat

Regular
Edge Computing Rising Star of the Year winner , Precision.AI , selected by John Deere as a 2023 startup collaborator. Precision.AI develop autonomous drones for targeted weed spraying of crops.

030D75AA-94A0-41A3-87A5-C34E5725CC40.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

chapman89

Founding Member

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
A couple of FACTS to ponder:

Market cap: $77.87 Billion
As of January 2023 Mercedes-Benz has a market cap of $77.87 Billion. This makes Mercedes-Benz the world's 175th most valuable company by market cap according to our data

Mercedes Benz issued a press release saying they were working with Brainchip. Brainchip has published that press release on their website.

ARM is owned by Japanese conglomerate Softbank, who's portfolio also includes 400 other companies, such as office-sharing firm WeWork, Uber-competitor Grab and used-car company Auto1. The company has a total market cap of $76.61 billion as of March 2022, making it among the top 200 most valuable companies worldwide.30 June 2022
1673384213523.png

https://www.cityindex.com › en-uk

ARM IPO: Everything you need to know about ARM - City Index

ARM announced via a press release by Brainchip and is extensively covered on ARM partner website.

Market capitalization of Intel (INTC)​

Market cap: $121.49 Billion

As of January 2023 Intel has a market cap of $121.49 Billion. This makes Intel the world's 109th most valuable company by market cap according to our data. The market capitalization, commonly called market cap, is the total market value of a publicly traded company's outstanding shares and is commonly used to measure how much a company is worth

INTEL announced via a press release by Brainchip and the relationship is documented on Intel’s website.

All of the above were not announced on the ASX. All three have no quantifiable economic consequence allowing an announcement on the ASX.

The engagements with ARM and Intel have greater economic potential by a significant margin than the relationship with Mercedes Benz.

In addition to the above at least Renesas, Socionext, VVDN, Prophesee and Nviso are promoting AKIDA technology powered products at CES 2023.

If you have done your own research you will be aware of much more including the quality of people around the globe joining Brainchip and the things like the University program uptake.

If it had been that since Mercedes Benz CES2022 nothing had happened at all there would likely be reasonable cause for complaint.

Clearly and transparently that however is far from the situation that shareholders are presented with today.

To suggest that there is more bad news coming when there has not been objectively any bad news is a blatant untruth.

If there has been any bad news in the last month it was that Rise’s furry friend was unwell but even there that had a happy ending.

I read someone here making a joke of the idea there is manipulation well this is straight from the HC play book. There is no manipulation. Do you really think anything I say here will affect the price. You all know how it works and yet you let these fleas in to play their mind games and erode your confidence.

Quite frankly if you cannot see what amazing progress has been made in the last 12 months because you are fixated on the day to day manipulated share price you should not be investing in the stock market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I cannot turn off the Bold type so do not think I am shouting I am extremely calm but also extremely disappointed that the once strong community here has allowed these fleas to take up residence and flourish.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 99 users

stuart888

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

stuart888

Regular
Was looking at the Jobs posted on Brainchip's Career page, and maybe there are clues here like the ARM knowledge required.

This position reports to "Director of Digital Design"?

Perhaps it is easy for someone to explain what is going on in each location. I am interested, perhaps others. Sorry if this is common knowledge.

"We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia."

https://careers.brainchip.com/PortalViewRequirement.do?reqGK=27662722

1673387724609.png

1673387990426.png

1673388100074.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Morning Chippers,
I agree and share your frustration, it was very disappointing to see us getting hit by the shorters again yesterday and also the previous 3 trading days .. :mad::mad:
But on the positive side we are still up ⬆️ +5.75% since 29/12/2022 (8 trading days!)

It is no doubt a VERY exciting time for us shareholders, with all the News/Reviews/Partnerships that have been disseminated around the Globe about how Brainchip and their awesome Tech Akida are revolutionising the world we live in, and everyone wants a part of it!! I am more confident than ever that 'our time has come' !

These last four trading days of having our SP manipulated and driven down will be just one of 'A Thousand stories to be shared over a bev 🍻🍷🍾 or three at the $5/$10 +++ parties :cool:

Stay patient and instill the beliefs of why you invested in Brainchip in the first place! 🙏

10/01/20230.7300.7300.6650.680-0.055-7.4824,928,288
09/01/20230.7550.7700.7300.735-0.010-1.349,662,175
06/01/20230.7600.7800.7350.745-0.015-1.9712,613,987
05/01/20230.8350.8800.7550.760-0.070-8.4326,597,678
04/01/20230.7600.8300.7500.8300.085+11.4116,264,687
03/01/20230.7550.7850.7200.7450.0000.0011,616,404
30/12/20220.6800.7750.6750.7450.080+12.0317,780,601
29/12/20220.6500.6650.6450.6650.010+1.533,901,429

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Damo4

Regular
Was looking at the Jobs posted on Brainchip's Career page, and maybe there are clues here like the ARM knowledge required.

Perhaps it is easy for someone to explain what is going on in each location. I am interested, perhaps others. Sorry if this is common knowledge.

"We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia."

View attachment 26714

View attachment 26715

View attachment 26716

IMO this is related to the next generation ( or future gens) of Akida.
Arm requirements are due to us licensing their IP and form part of the chip.
Also whilst we would continue to test current gen Akida this appears to be more geared towards verification of Pre Silicon Design.
This is a future generation of Akida role

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Just for some perspective for those who do not know the difference between good news which is Brainchip and bad news which is not Brainchip.

Yesterday other grandparents we know shared that their little ailing granddaughter of 12 months had been finally diagnosed with Cockaynes Syndrome:

This is what bad news looks like.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
A Nasdaq listing would be a death sentence at our size, genuinely the last announcement I want to see. We could hit multiple times our current MC on the ASX if we can demonstrate some sales.
100% correct ... maybe 2025 and then we will enter as Huge well respected company that can stand it's ground with the Big players.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

View attachment 26714

View attachment 26715

View attachment 26716
Hi @stuart888

A simplistic breakdown:

France - software design and development;

India - software design and development;

USA - engineering chip design and software development, sales and marketing, business management and development, customer engineering design support, Corporate HQ, University academic program administration;

AUSTRALIA

Sydney - Registered Office and location of share register and Company Secretary;

Perth - The innovation centre where new technology is invented and developed as IP prior to being sent to engineering in USA. Also location of the Scientific Advisory Board.

Hope this helps.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
Top Bottom