BRN Discussion Ongoing

Any longtermers or well researched holders remember what presentation had google in attendance it was very early on in the beginnings of BRN Possibly still AZK.? (Several companies were presenting that day)
images.jpeg

BRN HOLDERS CAMPING
OUT FRONT CES 2023

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
How cool is this post on LinkedIn, posted by Edge Impulse Global Director Semi Conductor Business Development, Amir Sherman.

he is tagging in Rob Telson and Chris Stevens saying to them “this year we will start to win big”

1672824351905.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 119 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Hi @Proga
I had not seen this posted.

The interesting point for me arises from the following facts:

1. Edge Impulse referred to millions of developers now having access;

2. At the 2021 Ai Field Day Anil Mankar was asked if AKIDA/Meta TF supported Linux to which he replied no it was something for the future but you could by a bit of compute gymnastics get there from Tensorflow;

3. Your find makes clear that with the announced partnership of today with Edge Impulse Linux is now supported for AKD1000 and other products;

4. Read here about Linux but in particular you will see that close to 40% of the Worlds developers use Linux and over 80% of the Worlds Developers say their preference would be to use Linux: https://webtribunal.net/blog/linux-statistics/

5. From multiple Google searches there are well above 20 million developers in the world and 40% of 20 million is 8 million developers approximately using Linux and 16 million preferring to do so;

Putting this all together it is most likely why Edge Impulse are now speaking about millions of developers not just the current registered 60,000.

The only thing I can think of to say is PANTENE.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 72 users
For a pussy cat, you are the most diligent, optimistic researcher here and this Forum owes you a huge debt of gratitude, my friend. I salute you, Bravo, win, lose or draw.

If you den't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!
In honour of @Bravo

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

White Horse

Regular

Machine learning deal lifts AI group BrainChip’s share price​

BrainChip’s face-scanning software at work. BrainChip’s face-scanning software at work. By MATT BELL

Business reporter

@RealMattBell

• 6:41PM January 4, 2023

Shares in ASX-listed AI engineering group BrainChip rose 11.4 per cent on Wednesday, shortly after the company announced its products would be supported by the Edge Impulse platform.

Despite the rise, the company did not lodge an announcement with the ASX and the news instead was circulated in a press release.

Edge Impulse is a machine learning platform widely used by hardware developers. BrainChip has developed a neuromorphic processor called Akida which it says can mimic the human brain to analyse inputs and process the data efficiently and precisely.

“BrainChip’s goal is to push the limits of on-chip AI compute to extremely energy-constrained sensor devices – the kind of performance that is only available in much higher power systems,” BrainChip chief executive Sean Hehir said of the deal.

“Having our Akida IP supported and implemented into the Edge Impulse platform helps ensure that developers are able to deploy ML solutions quickly and easily to create a much more capable, innovative, and truly intelligent edge.”

BrainChip shares rose 11.4 per cent, or 8.5c, to close at 83c, their highest level since October.

The two groups had last May announced a partnership – but had not spelt out the support for BrainChip’s Akida platform.

Edge Impulse co-founder Zach Shelby on Wednesday said: “This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge.

“We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip’s AI offering.”

In its latest financial update for the three months to the end of September, BrainChip said it had $US24.6m ($36.2m) in cash, down from $US28.4m at the start of the quarter. Operating cash outflows rose to $US3.8m from $US2.8m in the preceding three month period, while receipts from customers fell from $US1.2m to just $US100,000.

New & improved business newsletter. Get the edge with AM and PM briefings, plus breaking news alerts in your inbox.

BrainChip has been questioned by the ASX about fluctuations in its share price in the past – most recently in January 2022 after its shares rose from 88.5c to $1.035 in a brief period of time and amid heightened volume.

The company, at the time, noted it had issued a press release “stating that an ‘Early Access Program’ customer, Information Systems Laboratories, is using BrainChip technology in an (AI) radar research project for the Air Force Research Laboratory”.

But the transaction was “immaterial in nature” and there was no ongoing commercial arrangement, which meant that it was of the opinion that there had not been an announceable event.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
A presentation from 21 April 2016

Well that was bloody simple to attach PDF
Also just looking for an excuse to post another tune😂

@Esq.111 you've ruined me 🤣🤣🥂

Just look at the market opportunities and then the final sentence…de facto standard!!! love the vision from way back in April 2016. This literally blows me away!!!

Attachments

• 31451D49-A87E-4F74-BE36-B5263631454F.jpeg
    31451D49-A87E-4F74-BE36-B5263631454F.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Getupthere

Regular

Sensors and Chips​

The headset will have more than a dozen cameras and sensors, which will capture facial expressions and body movements, including the user's legs. At least one camera will be used to capture eye movements, which can enable battery-saving foveated rendering to be performed.
While cameras were originally thought to track eyebrow and jaw movements, one source claims the headset now uses machine learning to capture facial expressions.
The sensor list will include short and long-range LiDARs, used to track the environment around the user. Those sensors will be hidden as much as possible, with the aluminum and glass construction used to maintain Apple's famed aesthetics.
A pair of chips will be used for processing, with "Bora" being an image signal processor, while "Staten" is a SoC. Produced using a 5-nanometer process, the two will work together for tracking the environment and movements, however Apple had to create more silicon to minimize lag between the two.
Multiple swappable headbands are touted, including one intended for developers and another with speakers for consumers. Rather than using Bluetooth or a physical headphone jack, Apple instead intends for users to use AirPodsand the H2 chip for low-latency communications.
On controls, hand tracking and voice recognition is preferred, however a wand and finger thimble have also been tested. A final control scheme has yet to be decided upon.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

BrainChip’s face-scanning software at work. BrainChip’s face-scanning software at work. By MATT BELL

Business reporter

@RealMattBell

Shares in ASX-listed AI engineering group BrainChip rose 11.4 per cent on Wednesday, shortly after the company announced its products would be supported by the Edge Impulse platform.

Despite the rise, the company did not lodge an announcement with the ASX and the news instead was circulated in a press release.

Edge Impulse is a machine learning platform widely used by hardware developers. BrainChip has developed a neuromorphic processor called Akida which it says can mimic the human brain to analyse inputs and process the data efficiently and precisely.

“BrainChip’s goal is to push the limits of on-chip AI compute to extremely energy-constrained sensor devices – the kind of performance that is only available in much higher power systems,” BrainChip chief executive Sean Hehir said of the deal.

“Having our Akida IP supported and implemented into the Edge Impulse platform helps ensure that developers are able to deploy ML solutions quickly and easily to create a much more capable, innovative, and truly intelligent edge.”

BrainChip shares rose 11.4 per cent, or 8.5c, to close at 83c, their highest level since October.

The two groups had last May announced a partnership – but had not spelt out the support for BrainChip’s Akida platform.

Edge Impulse co-founder Zach Shelby on Wednesday said: “This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge.

“We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip’s AI offering.”

In its latest financial update for the three months to the end of September, BrainChip said it had $US24.6m ($36.2m) in cash, down from $US28.4m at the start of the quarter. Operating cash outflows rose to $US3.8m from $US2.8m in the preceding three month period, while receipts from customers fell from $US1.2m to just $US100,000.

New & improved business newsletter. Get the edge with AM and PM briefings, plus breaking news alerts in your inbox.

BrainChip has been questioned by the ASX about fluctuations in its share price in the past – most recently in January 2022 after its shares rose from 88.5c to $1.035 in a brief period of time and amid heightened volume.

The company, at the time, noted it had issued a press release “stating that an ‘Early Access Program’ customer, Information Systems Laboratories, is using BrainChip technology in an (AI) radar research project for the Air Force Research Laboratory”.

But the transaction was “immaterial in nature” and there was no ongoing commercial arrangement, which meant that it was of the opinion that there had not been an announceable event.
What this article says.
BRN had a fantastic day BUT, beware of past indiscretions.
This guy should be working for the tool brigade.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bigal7425

Regular

Business reporter

@RealMattBell

Legend, thanks @White Horse

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
S

Straw

What this article says.
All they want to do is sell papers. I always find it difficult with any mainstream media to not believe there is some kind of embedded additional motive (although to varying degrees you could say that about most things in life eg, I dont post/read here only to find out about BRN its a community as well).
Not surprising to feel that way after the social media crap most here have endured previously.
PF: *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Just look at the market opportunities and then the final sentence…de facto standard!!! love the vision from way back in April 2016. This literally blows me away!!!
I've been blown to pieces every day with BRN. At the end of each night I scour the floor to pick up the pieces and begin the cycle again the next day.
Yes I love going through the old presentations and news on occasions and take a standing on the outside looking in approach as much as I possibly can. Bit of a rusted on holder supporter though. But will still drop this like a hot potato if something disturbs the force inside me.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
What this article says.
Yes but he has a valid point to make to everyone here particularly if you are new Brainchip has a terrible history over the last about two years of underselling their amazing achievements.

Mark his words all those who are used to the normal ramping and dishonest activities of ASX companies this is a troubling development which he and others need to stamp out.

Who knows where it could lead. Truth in reporting? Ethical independent opinions? Refusal to accept payment for opinion? Even research and verification of stories might be required?

A company like Brainchip left unchecked could cause the ASX house of cards to collapse.

So mark his words left unchecked only good can come of Brainchip’s strict adherence to the ASX disclosure Rules and whose interest will this be in at the end of the day. No one but retail investors. It must be resisted at all costs.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA 🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Boab

I'm lovin these green days.
Shrek.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi @Bravo
Will give you this Chrysler was mentioned multiple times in webinars and updates by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo as an example of the type of US auto maker that might be target by Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Mercedes is bought Chrysler years ago so this is not surprising really.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Kachoo

Regular
Mercedes is bought Chrysler years ago so this is not surprising really.
That would also include the Jeep Brand also basicly Mopar.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

I'm lovin these green days.
View attachment 26159
And this happened last night to the Shrek lookalike.
The most amazing leg of darts ever.
Turn it up loud if if you dont get goosebumps get someone to check your pulse.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom