BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hang on! I think Fact Finder accidentally pressed the sad faced emoji instead of the laughing face on my jokes again. That's OK, its an easy mistake to make. 😂

But on a more serious note, as an early Chrissie treat for everyone I've decided to cease and desist with the bad jokes until the New Year. Merry 🎄 Brain Fam!

View attachment 24824

View attachment 24825
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I use this week to practise my surprised laughter as the grandchildren for their first time but my 65 time read the jokes in the Christmas crackers. You were putting me right off song. This act of charity will definitely be rewarded in this or the next life. 😂🤣😂😇🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Worker122

Regular
You may remember about 5 years ago (approx) when I wrote a post about Peter, the Good Shepherd, and how when he was approaching a fork in the road, around 18 years ago, he had to make a choice, having done so, at times throughout his journey when he hit a blockage on the road, he quietly reflected on the fact that he may have chosen the wrong path, but being someone who never gives in, continued on the lonely path, only passing a few, almost unidentifiable footprints made by a few, wary, early explorers, all searching for the holy grail, that being, Spiking Neural Networks.

I referred to our company as the "Black Sheep", the mob were on one side of the river and the Good Shepherd and all of his early followers on the other, an olive branch was handed out, the founders CNNSNN was the branch that showed how respectful he was towards all on the other side of the river, he was clearly the guiding light who reached out to help others without showing ego or self-importance.

Still very humble today. A great bloke.

After a number of years, we now find ourselves hosting other companies, many have now reached the point where they can finally accept that a little unknown Australian Tech start-up, who started from humble beginnings in the Perth suburb of Belmont, had arrived.

I know that the company's staff are ALL working hard to bring everybody's dream to reality.

Here's to a happy and safe Christmas for all that celebrate this special day with family and loved ones...thanks to ALL posters throughout the year, both positive and negative, a good honest debate on our company is always healthy, with opinions that are simply just that, opinions.

Merry Christmas. Tech 🎅
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well Tech. :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Dhm

Regular
View attachment 24802

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 4.14.15 pm.png

I should get censored for this but the picture of the lady reminds me of Dr. Evil's fembots firing guns from their, ahem, brassieres.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Just because its the week before Christmas and of course @Bravo has made a supreme sacrifice in recognition I thought I would inject two Science Fiction - @TechGirl - uses for AKIDA technology now that the GPU argument has been crushed like an imaginary cockroach in a therapy session aimed at dealing with intrusive thoughts.

Blockchain and Quantum computing the last frontiers for Brainchip's AKIDA technology to conquer or are they already being navigated. In the Alan Kohler interview with the former CEO Mr. Dinardo this is what was asked and said back in 2018. Since then NASA using SNN technology for Quantum Annealing has surfaced and AKIDA is doing regression analysis for vibration monitoring of bridges as well as assisting NASA to eventually achieve the 20 kph target speed for Rover on Mars:

A random thought just popped into my head. Could you mine bitcoins more cost effectively and without using so much energy? Would your chip do that better?

Well, it’s a really good question – and I always hate saying it’s a good question because I know that’s why you asked it. The difference between computing, and even in a GPU or a CPU, because we work like the brain, we’re not doing math. Your brain doesn’t really do 1 plus 1 equals 2. Your brain has a spike math that recognises I learned this when I was a kid, 1 plus 1 equals 2. We don’t do computation. That’s why it’s extremely low power. What we could do in crypto or just blockchain generally, we will never be the solution to calculate the transaction, 1 plus 1 equals 2. What we can do and what the technology is exceptional at is recognising competing patterns.

So as this crypto environment matures or blockchain more generally, because it’s not just with respect to currency, blockchain is being applied to many other avenues as well, is we can recognise repeating patterns. We could do that for Blockchain and we could say, if there was a very high density of transactions with a very similar pattern being executed, we could do it for cyber security where we could recognise patterns for denial of service attacks, malware attacks.

More generally, harkening back to crypto, fintech or financial technology generally. High frequency trading patterns, people want to know what those patterns are so they can forecast what their future transaction should be or they want to intersect somebody else that’s trying to do exactly the same thing. So, the technology is not about compute, it’s about recognising repeating patterns.

Just before we get onto some other matters, another thought that occurs to me is, what if we could combine your technology and Peter’s ideas with quantum computing?

That could be huge. There’s always going to be kind of a side by side environment. Even if we look at today, some of our engagements because of this ability to do vision exceptionally well – we’re being approached by major automobile manufacturers around the world. Detroit, Germany… Again, we’re never going to do the compute, we’re going to recognise very quickly and very efficiently a pattern. So, we likely will sit side by side during the short to mid term, we’ll sit side by side with a CPU or a GPU, they’ll be crunching numbers and we’ll be functioning like a brain doing the thinking…

Ubiquitous will need an expanded definition everywhere just does not seem enough where Brainchip's AKIDA technology family is concerned.

Merry Christmas to all enjoy your time with family and considering the possibilities.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

VictorG

1671427725532.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Dhm

Regular
FF, every time I see that you have posted I get excited to know what extra info, examination, proof, or dot joining you have achieved on the pathway to proving that we are running a one horse race, the other runners are donkeys. Trouble is for them, we are the only punters that can see that one horse.

Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful
vs.
triple crown winner GIF

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
FF, every time I see that you have posted I get excited to know what extra info, examination, proof, or dot joining you have achieved on the pathway to proving that we collectively are running virtually a one horse race, the other runners are donkeys. Trouble is for them, we are the only punters that can see that one horse.

Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful
vs.
triple crown winner GIF
The trouble with lapping the field is that a casual observer has no idea just how far in the lead you are in fact they can even think you are coming last.

It happened to me during a Commonwealth games track cycling event. Turned on the TV and I thought in a team sprint that the Aussies were coming last and I initially urged them to at least try as it was the bell lap and they seemed to be sitting back but they had lapped their competitors and won by a lap to move into the semi finals.

The WANCAs have no official idea and are now just playing dumb according to Blind Freddie .

He claims it is an easy gig for them as they are type cast method actors feeding of each other’s ignorance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Just because its the week before Christmas and of course @Bravo has made a supreme sacrifice in recognition I thought I would inject two Science Fiction - @TechGirl - uses for AKIDA technology now that the GPU argument has been crushed like an imaginary cockroach in a therapy session aimed at dealing with intrusive thoughts.

Blockchain and Quantum computing the last frontiers for Brainchip's AKIDA technology to conquer or are they already being navigated. In the Alan Kohler interview with the former CEO Mr. Dinardo this is what was asked and said back in 2018. Since then NASA using SNN technology for Quantum Annealing has surfaced and AKIDA is doing regression analysis for vibration monitoring of bridges as well as assisting NASA to eventually achieve the 20 kph target speed for Rover on Mars:

A random thought just popped into my head. Could you mine bitcoins more cost effectively and without using so much energy? Would your chip do that better?

Well, it’s a really good question – and I always hate saying it’s a good question because I know that’s why you asked it. The difference between computing, and even in a GPU or a CPU, because we work like the brain, we’re not doing math. Your brain doesn’t really do 1 plus 1 equals 2. Your brain has a spike math that recognises I learned this when I was a kid, 1 plus 1 equals 2. We don’t do computation. That’s why it’s extremely low power. What we could do in crypto or just blockchain generally, we will never be the solution to calculate the transaction, 1 plus 1 equals 2. What we can do and what the technology is exceptional at is recognising competing patterns.

So as this crypto environment matures or blockchain more generally, because it’s not just with respect to currency, blockchain is being applied to many other avenues as well, is we can recognise repeating patterns. We could do that for Blockchain and we could say, if there was a very high density of transactions with a very similar pattern being executed, we could do it for cyber security where we could recognise patterns for denial of service attacks, malware attacks.

More generally, harkening back to crypto, fintech or financial technology generally. High frequency trading patterns, people want to know what those patterns are so they can forecast what their future transaction should be or they want to intersect somebody else that’s trying to do exactly the same thing. So, the technology is not about compute, it’s about recognising repeating patterns.

Just before we get onto some other matters, another thought that occurs to me is, what if we could combine your technology and Peter’s ideas with quantum computing?

That could be huge. There’s always going to be kind of a side by side environment. Even if we look at today, some of our engagements because of this ability to do vision exceptionally well – we’re being approached by major automobile manufacturers around the world. Detroit, Germany… Again, we’re never going to do the compute, we’re going to recognise very quickly and very efficiently a pattern. So, we likely will sit side by side during the short to mid term, we’ll sit side by side with a CPU or a GPU, they’ll be crunching numbers and we’ll be functioning like a brain doing the thinking…

Ubiquitous will need an expanded definition everywhere just does not seem enough where Brainchip's AKIDA technology family is concerned.

Merry Christmas to all enjoy your time with family and considering the possibilities.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
By the way for newer investors the former CEO Mr. Dinardo was playing doggo (Aussie slang for taking one for the team) in this interview by denying vehemently that AKIDA can do maths.

AKIDA does not do maths for the purpose of processing but can do mathematics if required confirmed by Peter van der Made in a question I asked him from the floor at the 2019 AGM and independently by Sandia Labs in a peer reviewed published paper posted here a couple of times now.

Blind Freddie believes these sort of denials by the CEO were aimed at keeping the AKIDA Science Fiction under wraps for as long as possible to reduce unwanted interest.

@TechGirl See how Blind Freddie slipped that one in for me.😇😎🎄

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hang on! I think Fact Finder accidentally pressed the sad faced emoji instead of the laughing face on my jokes again. That's OK, its an easy mistake to make. 😂

But on a more serious note, as an early Chrissie treat for everyone I've decided to cease and desist with the bad jokes until the New Year. Merry 🎄 Brain Fam!

View attachment 24824

View attachment 24825
I think FF just sent you another one 🙁 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Very Merry Christmas to the Guild of Fellow Chippers,

Shall get in early with good will & gratuities, though shall, as always be following avidly, in the background.

Immense gratitude to all for the enduring outflow or reasearch generated & generously shared by all.

Brainchip is truely a beamoth in the making & to say one alone could do all the indepth reasearch & banking of knowledge / understanding on such a company which , in my opinion, no single sole could achieve alone ( short of Fact Finder $ Diogenese) it is with truely humbled appreciation to all that have contributed to this forum, and generously created by
Zebot , AKA LEGEND .

May 2023 be all we wish for & then some.
Wishing all a immensely gratifying year to come & may all our dreams & outcomes in life eventuate.

Truely a unique global gathering of individuals.

Also like to wish Brainchip management & employees all over the world the best for the coming year & all that's to come.

*Cortical columns ( Akida 2000) no good sitting on the test bench, Bring forth. Naturaly once sufficiently patented.

Go forth & be merry all.

😊 .

Humbly,
Esq.

* by the way finnished my olive pepper.

Attachments

• 20221219_182014.jpg
    20221219_182014.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users
This experimental work uses BrainScale 2 but yet again it is obvious the the commercial applications are going to be served best by a Commercial Off the Shelf IP with all the necessary spike converters built in with software simulation and a MegaChips or Edge Impulse engineering design team ready to assist and TSMC and Intel geared up and ready to go.

For those who don’t know reading the following should allow for an understanding of why UBIQUITOUS really is just not big enough for AKIDA technology:

“The equalizer is a device that attempts to reverse the distortion incurred by a signal transmitted through a channel. In digital communication its purpose is to reduce inter symbol interference to allow recovery of the transmit symbols.”

Anyway this is the conclusion reached by the researchers:

V. CONCLUSION
In this work we introduced an equalizer based on an SNN and inspired by the structure of the DFE. Furthermore, we pro- posed ternary encoding, which is a bipolar encoding based on a quantizer. We compared our proposed approach against linear equalizers, the DFE and ANN-based equalizers. Our proposed approach is able to execute equalization for various frequency- selective channels, clearly outperforming linear equalizers and with similar performance than the DFE and ANN-based methods. We furthermore showed that ternary encoding is a robust and fast encoding technique, that can outperform log- scale encoding. This work lays the fundamentals for future energy efficient communication receivers that use neuromor- phic hardware based on spikes that promise significantly lower energy consumption than traditional receiver circuits”

I am starting to sound like I have shares in Brainchip and want others to understand its potential. In fact I do and I do.😂🤣🤡😂🤣🤡😇😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: If it all seems a bit dry the fact that the Global Telecommunications industry is already a multi trillion dollar playground for Brainchip might enliven your enthusiasm:

Surprise, surprise according to the CEO Sean Hehir a large Communications company approached Brainchip out of the blue earlier this year.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 47 users

Shall get in early with good will & gratuities, though shall, as always be following avidly, in the background.

Immense gratitude to all for the enduring outflow or reasearch generated & generously shared by all.

Brainchip is truely a beamoth in the making & to say one alone could do all the indepth reasearch & banking of knowledge / understanding on such a company which , in my opinion, no single sole could achieve alone ( short of Fact Finder $ Diogenese) it is with truely humbled appreciation to all that have contributed to this forum, and generously created by
Zebot , AKA LEGEND .

Wishing all a immensely gratifying year to come & may all our dreams & outcomes in life eventuate.

Also like to wish Brainchip management & employees all over the world the best for the coming year & all that's to come.

*Coital columns ( Akida 2000) no good sitting on the test bench, Bring forth. Naturaly once sufficiently patented.

Go forth & be merry all.

😊 .

Humbly,
Esq.
Might wanna change the type of chip we want next mate.

Coital? :LOL:

relating to the act of having sex:

Though maybe Akida 2.0 might have another target market as well haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Zebot , AKA LEGEND .

*Coital columns ( Akida 2000) no good sitting on the test bench, Bring forth. Naturaly once sufficiently patented.

Go forth & be merry all.

😊 .

Humbly,
Esq.
Can you insert the ‘R & C’ it has a very different meaning at the moment. 😂🤣🤡😂
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Still pinching myself being able to buy more in the 60s with Intel news on top of everything that has happened this year. Keep adding to my "trading parcel" account which is not really a trading parcel account because I can never sell a single share. Not going to get caught with my pants down when that big trading halt announcement lands
xT0xeFqqqhiK0IKQyA.gif

Larry.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Terribly sorry for that all, let that be a lesson for any young whipper snapper without a strong grasp of gamer that leaves education before time.

Normally spell check saves me,
but allas on this occasion...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.

Evening Fullmoonfever,

Yes my mistake, sorry & corrected, although as I've intimated in the past Dilldonics is a massive market no doubt to be exploited by Akida in the future.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

FJ-215

Regular

Watched a Simon Thorpe vid the other week. His usual message that machines are about to take over everything and make humans obsolete.

Seems we are all going to have a lot more time on our hands to be, well, human.

Coital columns sounds like it might finish us off as a species though.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Coital columns probably have more revenue potential than cortical do right now!

$55 a pop!

1671438599307.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Evening Fullmoonfever,

Yes my mistake, sorry & corrected, although as I've intimated in the past Dilldonics is a massive market no doubt to be exploited by Akida in the future.

Regards,
Esq.
Ahh shoulda left Esq....was nice for a laugh :LOL:

And yes...who knows where the world of neuromorphics will take us haha

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Ahh shoulda left Esq....was nice for a laugh :LOL:

And yes...who knows where the world of neuromorphics will take us haha
Brainchip is cancelling their participation at CES to focus on their Sexpo stand.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom