NASA
NUMEN
NVISO
PROPHESEE
RENESAS
SiFIVE
SOCIONEXT
VALEO

I suspect that this list would please many Board of Directors when considering the first 12 months performance of their Chief Executive Officer.

OF COURSE when considering the performance of Brainchip’s CEO Sean Hehir the Board would not have this list.

They would not have this list because it is incomplete as the list they will judge his performance against will have a further eight NDA covered Fortune 500 and Household named companies the identity of which remain hidden from all.

But even this list will be incomplete as the list will contain the names of those companies which come to Brainchip via MegaChips, Renesas, Valeo, MOSCHIP and via new sales leads such as the yet to be identified large communications company.

I wonder if the full list will be sufficient to ensure the CEO continues to lead Brainchip in 2023.😂🤣😂🤡🤣😂🤡😂😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF, I didn’t realise there were “a further eight NDA covered Fortune 500 and Household named companies the identity of which remain hidden from all.”
That adds extra excitement to the NDA reveals - or lack thereof - because top tier companies who want to remain secret usually means they have higher volume products that may be household names. And if these companies can prove their absolute superiority over their competitors, well, that sounds like revenue revenue revenue and SP takeoff! Exciting times!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy Crew,

I was just flicking through this article published earlier today about Toyota re-considering its roll-out of electric cars and one particular sentence really caught my eye and caused me to start involuntarily drooling. It says " Toyota is considering introducing new technology from its suppliers, and improving the profitability of its electric cars".

If you recall @Makeme 2020 posted an article about Renasas #29,361 and at the end of that article it said "Renesas counts major OEMs including everyone from Toyota to Tesla as key customers, with the former also being a shareholder in the company".

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.53.34 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.55.03 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Haha
Reactions: 26 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
As has been mentioned numerous times before, employing staff that have worldly experience in the technology space
is nonnegotiable, the huge opportunities that open up through their own networks, that have been built up over years
and years of trust and integrity, well this is no different.

With all the chatter about Apple recently and now linking in Sony, well here's a little or maybe large dot that you aren't
aware of, one of our Brainchip staff, whom I won't be naming for privacy reasons, has a son who is a fully qualified engineer,
currently working for Apple as lead manager in San Francisco.

Think about that for a moment, do you think Brainchip's technology has been mentioned in general conversation or not, I
don't know the answer, but if it were me, I'd have repeated the name Akida many times by now, but that's just me putting
on my sales hat.

Lou did pass a comment years ago, not long into his tenure, along the lines of, "if you're dealing with Apple for example, if
you dare mention their name, well, that's it, you won't be dealing with Apple ever again."

Have a thoughtful day.

Cheers for now. Tech ;)(y)
Post verified from my memory though as I say getting old. Nice dot Tech.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS. Can we all now destroy our technology devices so as not to destroy any developing relationships as the CFO has also spoken about customer exposure disasters as well.

Reactions: 13 users

jtardif999

Regular

Scientists Create Brain-Inspired Superconducting Circuits​

In the past, ‘neuromorphic chips’ have been developed that use brain-like software. What are these and what issues with them caused you to look even further?

Neuromorphic chips exist along a spectrum. Some chips are nearly identical to digital computers at the device level, still using silicon transistors and binary digits to represent everything, and only departing from conventional processors at the level of the architecture and the communication protocol. Examples of this approach include IBM’s TrueNorth chip and Intel’s Loihi chip. They’re digital chips, but memory—though still separate from processors—is more broadly distributed across the system. These chips communicate by sending spike events from each processor to many others, more like neurons in the brain that communicate with spikes sent from each neuron to thousands of synapses. So some neuromorphic chips leverage the very same devices, hardware, and fabrication infrastructure as conventional digital computers, but they are processing information in a way that is based on the spiking neurons and distributed architecture of the brain. This is quite a sensible thing to do, because you can get going already. All the infrastructure is already there.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are neuromorphic chips that go even further and use silicon transistors as analog devices, taking another page from the book of the brain. Instead of binary, on-off signals from transistors, these efforts use transistors in what is called the “sub-threshold” regime in which the current through the transistor can take a continuum of values as a function of the applied voltage. This can lead to dramatic energy savings. The problem here is that the functional form of the current through the transistor is exponential, meaning a small change in the applied voltage or a small change in the fabrication of the transistor leads to a large change in the current response.

Thanks @Sirod69 - fascinating read, I recommend everyone take a look at this. It may inadvertently describe some of our secret sauce by way of a current ‘limitation’ in example semi-conductor Neuromorphic architectures. The author is a device physicist who claims to be working on using light with superconductors (instead of electricity with semiconductors) to improve neuron communication.

From the article,

“In the brain, when a neuron spikes, it sends a signal along what is called an axon. This axon branches to deliver the information to thousands of synapses. The signal is able to maintain its strength across the entire branching axon due to the brilliant, self-assembled nanotechnology from which we are all constructed. The signal regenerates as it propagates, and it can do this because the neuron is embedded in the extracellular medium, which continually supplies the needed charge—ions—to regenerate the signal. It is extremely difficult and energetically inefficient to accomplish the same feat with transistors and copper wires.

If the output signal of a neuron is generated by a transistor, it is not possible for that transistor to source enough current to drive a long, branching copper wire up to a voltage that will cause the thousands of recipient synapses to register the event. So instead, the neuromorphic community has come up with a clever workaround. Neurons do not make direct, dedicated connections to their downstream synapses. Instead, each neuron only makes a connection to a node in a communication network. This communication network then handles the spikes sent between all neurons.

This form of communication is much more like packets being sent across the internet than it is like spiking neurons sending messages over axons in the brain. Such a communication method has been a key enabler of existing neuromorphic systems because if you are trying to use the circuits that are fabricated in an existing silicon microelectronics process, there isn’t another option. However, the problem is that this shared communication infrastructure does a reasonable job up to a certain scale—maybe about a million neurons (our brains have 86 billion neurons)—but beyond that, it gets bogged down. It takes too long for a message sent by a neuron to arrive at its synaptic destinations, particularly when many other neurons fire closely in time. The latency to send a message depends on the traffic on the network. This is the primary impediment to scaling existing neuromorphic systems, and this was the starting point that led to our work on photonic communication between spiking neurons.”

The author mentions Loihi and TrueNorth as examples of existing semiconductor Neuromorphic architectures and by the description above describes limits to the number of synapses that will receive an update to the associated synaptic weights after a nueron fires.

Now I’ve suspected for a long time that the quantity of synapses being updated by the firing has a direct affect on whether any actual learning can be done. We know that the Akida spec provides for a far greater number of synapses to nuerons ratio than Loihi (by an order of magnitude and some). If as described in the article the limitation of chips like Loihi is to do with updating synapses then perhaps part of the secret sauce possessed by BrainChip is that they have been able to work out how to solve this problem and allow one nueron firing at a threshold to update ten thousand synapses in the case of Akida and thus enable on chip learning. It’s well worth the read and this is AIMO.

PS. As for light and superconductors replacing existing tech I think we’re pretty safe for a while yet as this would require massive changes to existing infrastructure.

Regards,
jtard

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
I like this quote "Sony is working on a new sensor using semiconductor technologies, letting more light in and reducing the possibility of under or overexposure"

Apple confirms it uses Sony camera sensors for its iPhones​

13 December 2022
gsmarena_000.jpg

Everyone in the smartphone industry knows that Apple keeps a tight lid on its suppliers and a lot the more technical specs of its products, so Tim Cook's visit to Sony's facility for CMOS sensors is kind of a big deal.

Analysts and fans have been suspecting this for a while now and Tim Cook finally admitted that Apple has been working with Sony for over a decade. Apple's CEO posted a photo of Sony's CEO Kenichiro Yoshida showing him around a Sony facility.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The Cupertino-based company isn't very vocal about its battery, chip and display suppliers either, but supply chain analysts have revealed g that Corning is making Apple's front and back glass sheets while Samsung and LG are supplying the majority of OLED panels. Chips, of course, come from TSMC's fabs.

However, the Sony-Apple deal for camera hardware was still largely unconfirmed and by the looks of it, it won't end anytime soon. According to some reports, Sony is working on a new sensor using semiconductor technologies, letting more light in and reducing the possibility of under or overexposure. Of course, that sensor will end up in future generation iPhones.

Learning.
Just on Apple.

Post from early Nov re the Sony connection and the linked article is an interesting read.

One excerpt below lends weight to some of the posts about how Apple deal with partners and how it would be difficult I guess for us to dig for confirmations.

But we will get there...so says the 1000 eyes :LOL:

"Apple has hundreds of major suppliers around the world, and in order to maintain stability, every year, a group of partners is purposefully eliminated, even if these manufacturers have made no mistakes. In the cooperation with Apple, the two sides are not a “win-win” equal relationship, but closer to a master-servant relationship model. Apple has the absolute right to speak, and even top partners Samsung and Foxconn cannot bargain with Apple."

Appears Apples camera CMOS sensor is supplied by Sony.

Now....if we can succeed with Prophesee onto Sony sensors then....who knows hey.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Bom cost exposure: the proportion of parts in the United States has increased significantly, and China has declined – yqqlm
October 8, 2022

Recently, Nikkei Shimbun cooperated with Tokyo research firm Fomalhaut Techno Solutions to dismantle the three models of the iPhone 14 series launched by Apple in September. Models on sale rose by about 20%, setting a new record. In terms of countries/regions, the proportion of US-made parts has made a major leap forward, surpassing the Korean factory, and the proportion of mainland China and Taiwan has shrunk.

The performance of the camera components has also improved, with the main camera CMOS sensor made by Sony Group, the largest of the three rear cameras, 30% larger in size and about 50% more expensive to $15.

Sony’s sensor has a unique layered structure that ensures the area of each pixel through a smaller sensor size, ensures brightness and suppresses noise, you can take high-quality photos.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

JK200SX

Regular
In the attached article below, these 2 sentences are quite interesting:

"Apple is not getting an exclusive on this technology so we could see it used on some Android handsets as well. However, what isn't clear is whether Apple is getting the first crack at these new sensors."

I would interpret the first sentence to mean that the sensors don't have Apple IP or Apple developed neural engine/processor - this then puts more weight on our Prophesee/Sony dot joining that AKIDA is present.
The second sentence could imply that other phone manufacturers may already be planning/starting to use these sensors too.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Lots of small trades going on, bots ? Is someone still keeping the price down, I wonder for what reason

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just on Apple.

Post from early Nov re the Sony connection and the linked article is an interesting read.

One excerpt below lends weight to some of the posts about how Apple deal with partners and how it would be difficult I guess for us to dig for confirmations.

But we will get there...so says the 1000 eyes :LOL:

"Apple has hundreds of major suppliers around the world, and in order to maintain stability, every year, a group of partners is purposefully eliminated, even if these manufacturers have made no mistakes. In the cooperation with Apple, the two sides are not a “win-win” equal relationship, but closer to a master-servant relationship model. Apple has the absolute right to speak, and even top partners Samsung and Foxconn cannot bargain with Apple."

Appears Apples camera CMOS sensor is supplied by Sony.

Now....if we can succeed with Prophesee onto Sony sensors then....who knows hey.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Bom cost exposure: the proportion of parts in the United States has increased significantly, and China has declined – yqqlm
October 8, 2022

Recently, Nikkei Shimbun cooperated with Tokyo research firm Fomalhaut Techno Solutions to dismantle the three models of the iPhone 14 series launched by Apple in September. Models on sale rose by about 20%, setting a new record. In terms of countries/regions, the proportion of US-made parts has made a major leap forward, surpassing the Korean factory, and the proportion of mainland China and Taiwan has shrunk.

The performance of the camera components has also improved, with the main camera CMOS sensor made by Sony Group, the largest of the three rear cameras, 30% larger in size and about 50% more expensive to $15.

Sony’s sensor has a unique layered structure that ensures the area of each pixel through a smaller sensor size, ensures brightness and suppresses noise, you can take high-quality photos.

Great sleuthing Fmf,

Each pixel has a light receptor (photodetector) and a couple of transistors (ADC). In the old layout, the transistors were in the same plane as the CMOS photodetector, so took up a lot of space so some of the incoming light was wasted. As the article mentions, Sony's layered arrangement means the top layer now only has photodetectors, and the transistors are now located on the layer under the photodiodes, meaning almost all the incident light now impinges on the photodetectors.

I posted this Sony patent application a few weeks ago:

WO2021117642A1 EBS/TOF/RGB CAMERA FOR SMART SURVEILLANCE AND INTRUDER DETECTION

1670987731566.png

This one gives detail of the 3D stacking:

WO2022044553A1 SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE

1670986946613.png

Provided is a semiconductor device in which a plurality of semiconductor chips 160, 140, 130) are stacked, the semiconductor device having enhanced functionality while reducing manufacturing cost. The semiconductor chips include a light-receiving chip (130), a redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip (160), an intermediate semiconductor chip (140), a through-electrode (171), and redistribution wiring (141).

The light-receiving chip receives incoming light. A wiring layer is formed on a predetermined wiring surface of the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. One of a pair of joint surfaces of the intermediate semiconductor chip is joined to the light-receiving chip, and the other is joined to the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. The through-electrode extends through a semiconductor substrate of the intermediate semiconductor chip. The redistribution wiring is wired on a wiring surface and connects the through-electrode and the wiring layer

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

toasty

Regular
I was pondering our CEO's remarks that, at the 2023 AGM he is happy to be judged on results rather than activity. This led me to an interesting thought......

The AGM is the shareholders meeting where the results from the previous year are presented, along with any new news that's able to be published. At the 2023 AGM that would be the finances for the year ending December 2022. If Sean is as confident as he sounds about the 2023 AGM then, ergo, he must be confident that the 2022 financial result will show dramatic improvement over the previous year. Which means that a ton of commercial stuff must be happening while I write this..................

Shorts and WANCA's beware!!!

My opinion only but based on some known facts and some sound logic (I think).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Shoota02

Lots of small trades going on, bots ? Is someone still keeping the price down, I wonder for what reason
Sean stated “The share price will do what the share price does” He also stated watch the financials, I read comments weekly regarding this I’ve got a lot of skin in this, I believe in the tech and I just continue to read and research and most importantly continue to work, I’ll wait on the financials 4 times a yr!! I believe we’ve found the 1….

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

VictorG

I was pondering our CEO's remarks that, at the 2023 AGM he is happy to be judged on results rather than activity. This led me to an interesting thought......

The AGM is the shareholders meeting where the results from the previous year are presented, along with any new news that's able to be published. At the 2023 AGM that would be the finances for the year ending December 2022. If Sean is as confident as he sounds about the 2023 AGM then, ergo, he must be confident that the 2022 financial result will show dramatic improvement over the previous year. Which means that a ton of commercial stuff must be happening while I write this..................

I think you think spot on.
Also if there were any cash receipts that didn't make it into the 3rd qtr 4c might make their way into the 4th qtr 4c.

Reactions: 16 users

Damo4

Regular
It could be an effort to close short positions at the lowest price possible.
Takes a lot of effort to close without moving the market

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20

But just a note of caution - in the last 4C Sean did warn of headwinds - chip shortage, recession, trade wars, shooting war - that said, he did say they would be focusing on closing deals despite reduced customer budgets.

I remember the first GSM bandwidth auctions - Telstra spent every penny on airwaves and stopped buying hardware from local manufacturers for a long time. So reduced customer budgets are not to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Great sleuthing Fmf,

Each pixel has a light receptor (photodetector) and a couple of transistors (ADC). In the old layout, the transistors were in the same plane as the CMOS photodetector, so took up a lot of space so some of the incoming light was wasted. As the article mentions, Sony's layered arrangement means the top layer now only has photodetectors, and the transistors are now located on the layer under the photodiodes, meaning almost all the incident light now impinges on the photodetectors.

I posted this Sony patent application a few weeks ago:

WO2021117642A1 EBS/TOF/RGB CAMERA FOR SMART SURVEILLANCE AND INTRUDER DETECTION

View attachment 24330

This one gives detail of the 3D stacking:

WO2022044553A1 SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE

View attachment 24329

Provided is a semiconductor device in which a plurality of semiconductor chips 160, 140, 130) are stacked, the semiconductor device having enhanced functionality while reducing manufacturing cost. The semiconductor chips include a light-receiving chip (130), a redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip (160), an intermediate semiconductor chip (140), a through-electrode (171), and redistribution wiring (141).

The light-receiving chip receives incoming light. A wiring layer is formed on a predetermined wiring surface of the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. One of a pair of joint surfaces of the intermediate semiconductor chip is joined to the light-receiving chip, and the other is joined to the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. The through-electrode extends through a semiconductor substrate of the intermediate semiconductor chip. The redistribution wiring is wired on a wiring surface and connects the through-electrode and the wiring layer
That seems a very shallow way to look at things.😂🤣😂🤡😂🤣

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom