BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
We ARE embedding our IP in everything everywhere ... not will be. Nice
Yes the wording here was interesting.

My mother always taught me to tell the truth but in my experience, a lot of people in Sales and Marketing have a slightly different definition of the truth! 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Arm

Constrained Object Detection with FOMO on Microcontrollers [1268]

Image classification has been a core focus of deep learning for many years. However, many computer vision applications require knowing where objects are in an image and the ability to count the number of objects, which goes far beyond simple image classification. This is where object detection comes in.

Object detection models are capable of finding objects of interest in an image and provide us details about those objects, such as their classification, location, size, relative distance from the camera, etc. A handful of object detection models, such as MobileNet V2 SSD and YOLOv5, are optimized for low-power systems, including smartphones and single board computers. However, most microcontrollers are still incapable of running such models due to their processing and memory limitations.

Edge Impulse has developed a new technique named “Faster Objects, More Objects” (FOMO) that performs constrained object detection on low-power devices, such as microcontrollers. FOMO provides the location of target objects in an image, but it does not give arbitrary bounding box information about the size or distance of objects. As a result, it requires up to 30x less processing power and memory than MobileNet V2 SSD or YOLOv5.

In this talk, we will describe object detection, how FOMO works, and provide a live demonstration of constrained object detection on a microcontroller.

Join us for conversations with the experts and the broader Arm Developer community on the
Arm Developers server on Discord

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Damo4

Regular
Anyone else notice about 400k shares being shifted up the line as they are wiped?

• Love

Bloodsy

Regular

Nice to see Brainchip mentioned as part of ‘SiFives transformational year’

Great to see continued recognition from BRNs partners!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

TECH

Regular
As has been mentioned numerous times before, employing staff that have worldly experience in the technology space
is nonnegotiable, the huge opportunities that open up through their own networks, that have been built up over years
and years of trust and integrity, well this is no different.

With all the chatter about Apple recently and now linking in Sony, well here's a little or maybe large dot that you aren't
aware of, one of our Brainchip staff, whom I won't be naming for privacy reasons, has a son who is a fully qualified engineer,
currently working for Apple as lead manager in San Francisco.

Think about that for a moment, do you think Brainchip's technology has been mentioned in general conversation or not, I
don't know the answer, but if it were me, I'd have repeated the name Akida many times by now, but that's just me putting
on my sales hat.

Lou did pass a comment years ago, not long into his tenure, along the lines of, "if you're dealing with Apple for example, if
you dare mention their name, well, that's it, you won't be dealing with Apple ever again."

Have a thoughtful day.

Cheers for now. Tech ;)(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users

MrNick

Regular
Yes the wording here was interesting.

My mother always taught me to tell the truth but in my experience, a lot of people in Sales and Marketing have a slightly different definition of the truth! 😂🤣
A bit like Methane Markle.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Colorado23

Regular
Hold onto your seats chippers. I finally got some time to try out the choiceplus component of Hostplus super. Needless to say, watch the share price jump today. Nothing to do with the word Intel. Hope your all well and have a merry xmas.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hold onto your seats chippers. I finally got some time to try out the choiceplus component of Hostplus super. Needless to say, watch the share price jump today. Nothing to do with the word Intel. Hope your all well and have a merry xmas.
Is it the same as Aussie Super? Max of 20% of your holdings allowed for an individual stock
Go get em tiger

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
As has been mentioned numerous times before, employing staff that have worldly experience in the technology space
is nonnegotiable, the huge opportunities that open up through their own networks, that have been built up over years

With all the chatter about Apple recently and now linking in Sony, well here's a little or maybe large dot that you aren't
aware of, one of our Brainchip staff, whom I won't be naming for privacy reasons, has a son who is a fully qualified engineer,

Think about that for a moment, do you think Brainchip's technology has been mentioned in general conversation or not, I
don't know the answer, but if it were me, I'd have repeated the name Akida many times by now, but that's just me putting
on my sales hat.

Lou did pass a comment years ago, not long into his tenure, along the lines of, "if you're dealing with Apple for example, if
you dare mention their name, well, that's it, you won't be dealing with Apple ever again."

Have a thoughtful day.

@TECH what do you want to tell us, hä?
You're talking in riddles,
and lou is now 12 years old?
If there's this son over there, we'll get him out, you know that
1000 eyes are watching you
1670975053563.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Anyone else notice about 400k shares being shifted up the line as they are wiped?
Yep. It was happening yesterday too. Same bots at play.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Just found this paper that is mentioning Brainchip, I didn´t have time to read it, but it doesn´t mention Brainchip in this sentence: "A recent feature of neuromorphic chips that is especially interesting for space applications is on-chip learning, found in chips like Loihi, BrainScaleS2 and SPOON [63]." which is strange.....

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Interesting that Akida has the next highest (or highest) accuracy in the MNIST test and achives the same level af accuracy as an ANN implemented on a Tesla P100 :D

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
☺️
Dance Hump GIF

• Haha
  • Thinking

Newk R

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
I like this quote "Sony is working on a new sensor using semiconductor technologies, letting more light in and reducing the possibility of under or overexposure"

Apple confirms it uses Sony camera sensors for its iPhones​

13 December 2022
gsmarena_000.jpg

Everyone in the smartphone industry knows that Apple keeps a tight lid on its suppliers and a lot the more technical specs of its products, so Tim Cook's visit to Sony's facility for CMOS sensors is kind of a big deal.

Analysts and fans have been suspecting this for a while now and Tim Cook finally admitted that Apple has been working with Sony for over a decade. Apple's CEO posted a photo of Sony's CEO Kenichiro Yoshida showing him around a Sony facility.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The Cupertino-based company isn't very vocal about its battery, chip and display suppliers either, but supply chain analysts have revealed g that Corning is making Apple's front and back glass sheets while Samsung and LG are supplying the majority of OLED panels. Chips, of course, come from TSMC's fabs.

However, the Sony-Apple deal for camera hardware was still largely unconfirmed and by the looks of it, it won't end anytime soon. According to some reports, Sony is working on a new sensor using semiconductor technologies, letting more light in and reducing the possibility of under or overexposure. Of course, that sensor will end up in future generation iPhones.

Learning.
Sometimes i like to ponder about the technology underlying new developments, so here are my purely speculative thoughts on this announcement on more light without overexposure.

Letting more light in needs a larger lens or longer exposure.

Both of these raise the probability of overexposure.

Longer exposure causes blur for moving objects.

We know Prophesee and Sony have developed a de-blurring system using the Prophesee DVS in conjunction with a "normal" camera. That solution must , a priori, involve some form of processor, which probably isn't Akida because our engagement with Prophesee postdates the Sony/Prophesee development.

Prophesee's DVS camera only acts on changes in light impinging on pixels, and is not tied to exposure times associated with frames, which means that the "event" signals from the DVS are generated almost instantaneously.

So can the DVS be used to control the exposure time for the "normal" camera?

Or, can the DVS be used to control the time of capture of signals from regions of the photoreceptor of the normal camera, or even individual pixels to avoid over-exposure?

Of course, to do this, you would need a processor capable of fully utilizing the almost zero latency capabilities of the Prophesee DVS.

Footnote: Sony has developed a 3D chip stacking manufacturing technique. One of the problems with this is that the embedded transistors generate a disproportionate amount of heat because it is difficult for the heat to escape. So, if they wanted to have a 3D DVS chip with optical sensor (pixel array), pixel processor, and SNN, they would need to use devices which produce minimal heat.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

JK200SX

Regular

on my sales hat.

Have a thoughtful day.

@TECH what do you want to tell us, hä?
You're talking in riddles,
and lou is now 12 years old?
If there's this son over there, we'll get him out, you know that
1000 eyes are watching you
View attachment 24316
I found him, but I won't name him for privacy reasons. 🤣

Looks like he could be a really good connection.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Top Bottom