BRN Discussion Ongoing

Talking about tidal waves.

Elon Musk said to achieve full autonomous driving the plastic bag blowing across the road problem first needed to be solved.

Peter van der Made suggested about two years ago that AKIDA with LSTM would resolve the plastic bag blowing across the road problem for autonomous driving.

What impact will the new IP have on the Market if both Elon Musk and Peter van der Made are correct???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Strong open and the dust is settling. This is a good chance to get in whilst the inevitable profit taking from yesterday's run is realised.
Would be surprised if we aren't over 75c by the end of the day.
Looking good Damo 🤞

Reactions: 6 users
The smaller you go the hotter you get.

IMEC and every other company INTEL included knows this and they all know what Brainchip can do at 28nm while remaining as cool as a cucumber in a fridge:

Home » News » Business
Add to Bookmarks
By David Manners 12th December 2022

Imec models 3D thermal transport in 5G/6G RF devices​

Imec has presented a Monte Carlo Boltzmann modeling framework that uses microscopic heat carrier distributions to predict 3D thermal transport in advanced RF devices intended for 5G and 6G wireless communication for the first time.

Case studies with GaN high-electron-mobility transistors (HEMTs) and InP heterojunction bipolar transistors (HBTs) revealed peak temperature rises that are up to three times larger than conventional predictions with bulk material properties.
53527A49-A6F8-40F0-986D-668A1E1A4229-300x300.png

Imec’s new tool will be very useful in guiding optimisations of next-gen RF devices toward thermally improved designs.
GaN- and InP-based devices have emerged as interesting candidates for 5G mm-wave and 6G sub-THz mobile front-end applications, respectively, due to their high output power and efficiency.

To optimize these devices for RF applications and make them cost-effective, much attention is paid to upscaling the III/V technologies to a Si platform and making them CMOS compatible.
443B4ADE-E511-40FD-8A8D-27530C516CF4-300x300.png
However, with shrinking feature sizes and rising power levels, self-heating has become a major reliability concern, potentially limiting further RF device scaling.
“Tuning the design of GaN- and InP-based devices for optimal electrical performance often worsens thermal performance at high operating frequencies,” says Imec’s Nadine Collaert, “for GaN-on-Si devices, for example, we recently achieved tremendous progress in electrical performance, bringing the power-added efficiencies and output power for the first time on par with that of GaN-on-silicon carbide (SiC). But further enlarging device operating frequency will require downsizing the existing architectures. In these confined multilayer structures, however, thermal transport is no longer diffusive, challenging accurate self-heating predictions. Our novel simulation framework, yielding good matches with our GaN-on-Si thermal measurements, revealed peak temperature rises up to three times larger than previously predicted. It will provide guidance in optimizing these RF device layouts early in the development phase to ensure the right trade-off between electrical and thermal performance.”
Such guidance also proves very valuable for the novel InP HBTs, where imec’s modeling framework highlights the substantial impact non-diffusive transport has on self-heating in complex scaled architectures.
For these devices, nanoridge engineering (NRE) is an interesting heterogeneous integration approach from an electrical performance point of view.
“While the tapered ridge bottoms enable low defect density within the III-V materials, they, however, induce a thermal bottleneck for heat removal towards the substrate,” explains Imec’s Bjorn Vermeersch “iur 3D Monte Carlo simulations of NRE InP HBTs indicate that the ridge topology raises the thermal resistance by over 20 percent compared to a hypothetical monolithic mesa of the same height. Our analyses furthermore highlight the direct impact of the ridge material (e.g., InP vs. InGaAs) on self-heating, providing an additional knob to improve the designs thermally.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
Let’s have a speeding ticket. I dare you ASX.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
I have not heard from Blind Freddie for a while ??
I wonder what Blind Freddie thinks of the Intel FS partnership?
Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
you know, the more you think about what has occurred with this Intel IFS and addition of Brainchip to the Alliance, stop and think for a moment......

all of a sudden those so familiar with the BIG brands see the likes of little ol' Chippa being added, and curiosity breaks out, who is Brainchip.....

perhaps across the varied platforms, the numbers of views / likes / tweets or whatever may start to steadily increase in volume as to this 'out of the blue' company Brainchip starts to get some serious interest and acknowledgement in its offerings alongside some big hitters......

GLTAH !!

SSC1

Wow ! in less than 24hrs followers on Linked In up from 7894 to 7944, thats big relatively speaking ! ....... spread the gospel people !!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Did we have some tallyman who was keeping track of Christmas 2022 price predictions?
From memory FF came closest last couple of years running?
Or was that just a ho'crapper sort o' thing?
Anyway my stab in the dark is $1.57 for 24 or 31 December 2022, whichever comes soonest and closest! 🤣🤣🤣
I'm innit to winnit! 🤣🤣🤣
Merry Christmas all you beautiful believers out there.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
I have not heard from Blind Freddie for a while ??
I wonder what Blind Freddie thinks of the Intel FS partnership?
Reaction GIF
I asked him if the INTEL announcement was significant and all he said was “Why did they give me such a stupid sighted person.” He then picked up his phone and dialled the local Mercedes Benz dealership to ask about the availability in Australia of the new limited edition Maybach and has not spoken to me since. 😂🤣🤡🤣🤣😎

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

Kachoo

Regular
You crack me up!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
MF was immediate in churning out articles bashing BRN when its quarterly came out and SP plunged, but nary a word into today about its significant partnership (and therefore validation) with Intel

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Did we have some tallyman who was keeping track of Christmas 2022 price predictions?
Anyway my stab in the dark is $1.57 for 24 or 31 December 2022, whichever comes soonest and closest! 🤣🤣🤣
I'm innit to winnit! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm making my prediction on just before open on the 31st :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
MF was immediate in churning out articles bashing BRN when its quarterly came out and SP plunged, but nary a word into today about its significant partnership (and therefore validation) with Intel
...somehow you sound surprised ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I've read a lot about GrAI Matter Labs, let's say roughly.. can't find any competition to BRN on the fly.
They are even linked to each other. But @Diogenese can certainly tell us more about that.

...GrAI Matter Labs introduces GrAI VIP, Vision Inference Processor, a full-stack AI system-on-chip platform driving a significant leap in rapid responsiveness for visual inference capabilities in robotics, industrial automation, AR/VR, and surveillance becomes products and markets. GrAI Matter Labs' proven NeuronFlow event-based dataflow computing technology in GrAI VIP enables industry-leading inference latency that is up to 100x better than competing solutions.......

GML has the potential to revolutionize consumer and enterprise audiovisual experiences with everyday devices with high fidelity while meeting the stringent performance and cost requirements for endpoint content manipulation. We believe GML's unique differentiation could help the company grow rapidly in a segment where it can enjoy a first-mover advantage......

...GML's upcoming hardware concept, GML VIP (not yet available for production), is a SoC (System on Chip) that integrates a neuron engine, GrAICore, with the necessary properties for low-power, ultra-low latency and high-precision inference processing at the endpoint ....
Yes, not in production, but got a million USD preorders... So, there's something there.

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
I'm innit to winnit! 🤣🤣🤣

I would be very happy with 1.57 at the end of the year but might need a decent announcement.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
Might be conservative on my Christmas predictions: $1.05.
I think we'll slowly travel upwards with a small chance of something spicy in the mix

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Might be conservative on my Christmas predictions: $1.05.
I think we'll slowly travel upwards with a small chance of something spicy in the mix
24 Dec .935
31 Jan 2.25

SC

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

VictorG

Would it be presumptuous of me to think Intel is on the phone to their clients -
' forget Loihi, we now have Akida'.
How else could they stop their client attrition?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Onboard21

Xmas Eve $0.90
End of year $1.20 unless there is an announcement then $2.35

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users