BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

GrAI Matter competition?​

Like others, I came across some impressive numbers from GrAI Matter, so decided to look into what they are and if they are serious competitors.

I can see that it was earlier mentioned that GrAI Matter doesn´t sell IP, which is probably not correct, at least not anymore:

View attachment 24193

Brainchip has four IP Vendors:
  • Rensas
  • Megachips
  • ARM
  • Intel
Where GrAI Matter Labs has listed two:
  • ARM
  • Synopsys
I think it´s very attractive to get into the Synopsys ecosystem and I expect that Synopsys would find it attractive to have Brainchip too, because of the key advantages of Akida.

Key differences​

Diogenese have explained some of the key differences between GrAI Matter and Akida from Brainchip

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-20384

https://semiengineering.com/spiking-neural-networks-research-projects-or-commercial-products/

It seems like Akida is ahead in regards to working independently from the Internet, learning on the edge and can also do recognition with high probability with just 4 bits, where GrAI matter have decided on 8 or 16 bits, which is costing a lot more compute resources and apparently, they are more limited with regards to input and needs to compare pixels from picture to picture. On the other hand, the GrAI VIP has 18 million neurons and it might not matter so much in regards to power consumption that the die is bigger, when it´s a spiking neural network and it´s not using energy while inactive.

Overall I think we have too few details and there are to big differences in how they are working, to really say which chip is the better neuromorphic processor. Most likely they are going to have each their strengths and might both have niches that they’ll dominate and have some areas they overlap. From the few details I have seen, it seems like Akida is much better suited for the edge and that´s the most interesting market to break through in.

I read somewhere that GrAI Matter Labs initially didn´t focus on the edge, but since have changed their focus.

Popularity​

To get a better idea of the popularity of the two chips, I did some searches and it seems like Brainchip is factors more exposed on the web, which can of course partly be explained by a very big and active investor group, which GrAI Matter can´t have as they are a private company.

“GrAI Matter” returns 94 results in Google search engine

View attachment 24194

“Brainchip” returns 286.000 results in Google search engine, but of course some also write about "Brainchip" regarding Neuralink which is a misconception, but I think the result is clear anyway.

View attachment 24195

Google Trends show that GrAI Matter was trending back in Googles infancy, but now it appears that nobody really searches for it, while Brainchip is much more popular.

View attachment 24196

I also looked at domain traffic with Semrush and I don´t know how reliable those data are, but it seems like there are some organic traffic for GrAI Matter. Brainchip has almost 22 times more organic traffic, but this could be explained by a large and active investors group.

View attachment 24197

View attachment 24198

After looking into it, my feeling is that GrAI matter does have something going for it, they are integrated with two IP vendors, but they probably have to do a lot more marketing to really break through and they will probably find it hard to compete with Akida on the edge.
I've read a lot about GrAI Matter Labs, let's say roughly.. can't find any competition to BRN on the fly.
They are even linked to each other. But @Diogenese can certainly tell us more about that.

...GrAI Matter Labs introduces GrAI VIP, Vision Inference Processor, a full-stack AI system-on-chip platform driving a significant leap in rapid responsiveness for visual inference capabilities in robotics, industrial automation, AR/VR, and surveillance becomes products and markets. GrAI Matter Labs' proven NeuronFlow event-based dataflow computing technology in GrAI VIP enables industry-leading inference latency that is up to 100x better than competing solutions.......

GML has the potential to revolutionize consumer and enterprise audiovisual experiences with everyday devices with high fidelity while meeting the stringent performance and cost requirements for endpoint content manipulation. We believe GML's unique differentiation could help the company grow rapidly in a segment where it can enjoy a first-mover advantage......

...GML's upcoming hardware concept, GML VIP (not yet available for production), is a SoC (System on Chip) that integrates a neuron engine, GrAICore, with the necessary properties for low-power, ultra-low latency and high-precision inference processing at the endpoint ....

Reactions: 9 users

Steve10

Regular
FYI

Here is a list of ARM Holdings customers from 2010:

Intel 7.0%
TSMC 5.7%
Samsung 5.7%
TI 4.6%
NEC 3.5%
ST 3.5%
ZTE 2.8%
Broadcom 2.6%
AMD 2.5%
Infineon 2.4%
Apple 2.1%
Qualcomm 2.0%
Fujitsu 1.9%
UMC 1.9%
Lenovo 1.8%

Notice the 3 x foundries, Intel, TSMC & Samsung at the top of the list. In order for the foundries to use another companies IP a licence agreement is required. There will be three licence agreements required for Akida IP for these three foundries.

Similar to Intel licencing ARM Holdings IP.

Intel to license ARM Holdings technology for use in chip-manufacturing business​

Aug. 16, 2016 5:12 PM ETIntel Corporation (INTC)INTC, TSM, ARMH, LGEAFBy: Eric McCaffrey, SA News Editor
  • The move was announced at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco.
  • Intel's (NASDAQ:INTC) foundries will grant external parties access to its 10-nanometer production lines to fabricate Arm-based (NASDAQ:ARMH) semiconductors.
  • LG Electronics (OTC:LGEAF) will use the arrangement to produce mobile-phone components.
  • With this development, Intel's manufacturing segment appears open to additional partnerships with companies looking to outsource semiconductor production. Apple and Qualcomm, for example, currently contract with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (NYSE:TSM) along with other manufacturers and could potentially look to Intel's setup at some point in the future.
And Intel's main customers are:

Hewlett-Packard Company accounted for 17% of our net revenue, Dell Inc. accounted for 15% of our net revenue, and Lenovo Group Limited accounted for 12% of our net revenue. No other customer accounted for more than 10% of our net revenue.

Intel is best known for developing the microprocessors found in most of the world’s personal computers. The multinational technology company is also the world’s largest manufacturer by revenue of semiconductor chips, a product used in most of the world’s electronic devices. Intel’s microprocessors are supplied and used in computers at several large tech companies, including Dell, HP, and Lenovo. Intel also manufactures graphics chips, flash memory, motherboard chipsets, and other computing devices

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Don't mind me. Sirod already posted the above

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I wrote that after a bottle of 2016 Craggy Range Sophia.

Please ignore the post, but don’t ignore a bottle of Sophia if you ever get the opportunity.

Have a good day
2016 Craggy Range Sophia.... On my list FD ... cheers 🍷

Reactions: 4 users
And in Design And Reuse:

“≡ MenuDesign And Reuse
BrainChip Joins Intel Foundry Services to Advance Neuromorphic AI at the Edge
Laguna Hills, Calif. – December 11, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has become a member of the Intel Foundry Services (IFS) ecosystem alliance to help advance innovation on Intel’s foundry manufacturing platform”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Moonshot

Regular
Reactions: 10 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Interesting to see who else commented on her post. Are these people she has been dealing with whilst at Brainchip? :unsure:

1670881328444.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
It seems Germany liked the announcement on higher than usual volumes as well in Frankfurt:
1670881632733.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Steve7777

Regular
Let's hope with the very low numbers on the sell side upto 75cents we have another nice green day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-082418_BT Panorama.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-082418_BT Panorama.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
USA also seemed to pick up on the news on the OTC:

1670882200014.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

JK200SX

Regular
Institutional and Mutual Fund ownership is up again- they now own over 253 million BRN shares!

1670882134419.png

• Fire
  • Wow

JK200SX

Regular
1670882347143.png

1670882382802.png

• Fire

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Interesting to see who else commented on her post. Are these people she has been dealing with whilst at Brainchip? :unsure:

View attachment 24206
you'll see Qualcomm and Brainchip are already in bed together, like you always say, remember my words
1670882727069.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
When I see a staff member leaving to take a promotion at another company I am reminded of that saying “go forth and multiply”.

From previous comments to me I do not believe this would have involved any acrimony on either side and so we now have our ‘woman in Havana’ so to speak over at IMEC fully aware of what AKIDA technology current and future can do to grow and develop a businesses product offering.

Congratulations Kimberly Vaupen.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Not wanting to jinx it, but I feel like the Intel announcement will see us back around the $1 mark before Xmas.

🤞

• Fire
  • Love
Not wanting to jinx it, but I feel like the Intel announcement will see us back around the $1 mark before Xmas.

🤞
I just hope we don't get dumped like we did last year after the Merc spike... The rush getting up there was amazing. The slow decline was not, despite knowing this will be a 3-5 year project for me at least.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
you'll see Qualcomm and Brainchip are already in bed together, like you always say, remember my words
View attachment 24216
I like the way you think Sirod69 ❤️,

I hope the relationship is romantic ❤️, after consummate, we might have a new born 👶📱 in the new year. 😆😅🤣

Learning

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom