BRN Discussion Ongoing

Terroni2105

Founding Member
This is interesting for us as we know we are liked by Tata.
They also have a partnership with Renesas and are also pivoting to electric vehicles.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

stockduck

Regular
Did someone reconize this developement?
I found it in social media like twitter and so on.... and I read that BMW and valeo has relationchips even to quallcom.

"New and current investors also participated in the round, including Knorr-Bremse AG, VinFast, BMW and long-term partner, Continental AG"

google translator:

Sorry if mentioned before.....

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

stockduck

Regular
I found it in social media like twitter and so on.... and I read that BMW and valeo has relationchips even to quallcom.

"New and current investors also participated in the round, including Knorr-Bremse AG, VinFast, BMW and long-term partner, Continental AG"

google translator:

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Proga

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Our Renesas mates will be there as well.

Screenshot_2022-12-09-19-30-37-25_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hi 7of7

Well you can tell the others that AKIDA has the game sown up. It has the highest performance and a dramatically lower price point than Intel's Loihi and IBM's True North.

AKIDA 1.0 with all the bells and whistles is about $25.00 Australian. If you want the IP it is considerably cheaper and it is cheaper again if you do not require all the nodes. Renesas licencing just two nodes paid considerably less than what MegaChips did for the full AKIDA 1.0 IP.

Over the years I have heard various prices for a single 14nm Loihi 1 chip which ranged from $80 to $170 Loihi 2 at 7nm is going to be much more expensive. In addition at least at this stage they do not offer IP and their chip design does not allow for selling of just part of the neural fabric. Indeed to achieve the best performance they seem mostly to offer Loihi 1 and 2 in two chip configurations at least with the latest Loihi 2 offering being a board with eight Loihi 2 chips.

So I am not sure what the discussion is you have been having in Germany but it needs to be reconsidered as Brainchip has cancelled out the opposition in this space on price as well as with Science Fiction performance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Happy Cracking Up GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Proga

Regular

google translator:

It's a bit confusing. BMW will be using Valeo's Domain Controller powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs. The ADAS domain controller will host Valeo’s software platform for low-speed maneuvering (sounds like Valeo's Valet Service), as well as software assets from BMW and Qualcomm for driving automation. BMW “Neue Klasse” will also feature the next generation of Valeo’s ultrasonic sensors, the full set of surround view cameras, as well as a new multifunctional interior camera that will contribute to improved safety and create a new level of user experience.No Lidar 😲

Most of the sensors are Valeo's which will hopefully incorporate Akida IP. Controlling the volume of data from the sensors/cameras etc to the domain controller is the key so you don't overload it with useless data. Valeo said they will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing all data flows from all ADAS sensors (does this include from SNN from their own sensors/cameras) in BMW Group vehicles based on the “Neue Klasse” platform. They seem to be making a point in emphasising all when they could have easily said - Valeo will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing data flows from ADAS sensors

This was an interesting paragraph - "Equipped with some of the most powerful automotive processors in the market (not the most), the system being developed by Valeo, BMW Group and Qualcomm is able to obtain real-time mapping and understanding of the car’s surroundings as well as the interior of the vehicle. New features and upgrades will be added throughout the car’s lifecycle".

I think they are too far down the road in developing Snapdragon to go back and be ready by 2025 which seems to be the date every luxury producing automaker is trying to meet with their new science fiction vehicles. There is an almighty existential race going on with automakers new and old atm to grab EV market share as ICE vehicles in most western countries will soon be banned and they're also worried the dates could be moved forward depending on global warming.

Following on, there was an article in the Automotive News Europe on the 17th of March which said - BMW and Qualcomm have both said that automakers should not develop unique software systems that cannot be shared - I believe they are having a dig at Mercedes-Benz because they're behind the 8-ball. As we know MB are developing their own OS as well. BMW has backed the wrong horse and they know it. Sharing with other automakers sounds like trying to keep them at BMW's level and not surpass them with a superior ADAS like MB. Stellantis haven't fallen for it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users
How nice would it be sneaking a little space in the Vehicle Tech area given last year and these guys are again one of the featured :)

CES 2023
VEHICLE TECH

FEATURED EXHIBITORS

View attachment 23918
I'm also going to keep an eye on continental on media day Jan 4.

https://conti-engineering.com/camera-sensors/

They do mention neural networks in their camera sensors for automotive.
One ould only hope.

SC

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Proga

Regular
Sheesh.. Renesas.. Brainchip @ CES. Some more solid exposure coming up. Excited to see if anything new is revealed.. *cough* Akida 2K plz.
Yeah. I wonder if Braichip plan to do the big 2K reveal @ CES to gain maximum exposure.

Reactions: 9 users

dippY22

Regular
It is a bit sad to see shareholders getting excited about a 2.5c rise in share price. Still remember the glorious days when it jumped 30 or 40c a day. Those happy days will come again, guess we just have to wait.

Pretty good price action based on the extremely low volume, if you ask me. The glorious days you are referencing had 20, 30 or even 40 times yesterday's ASX volume, too. And don't even get me started on the (pathetic - my opinion only) OTC volumes in the USA.
Regards, Mr. Positive (smiley face)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yeah, was checking them out earlier.

Appears Ambarella in as a minimum.

View attachment 23934

Ambarella:
US2022147753A1 METHOD TO IMPROVE ACCURACY OF QUANTIZED MULTI-STAGE OBJECT DETECTION NETWORK

1670593374430.png

RCNN = region-based CNN
region proposal network (RPN)
directed acyclic graph (DAG) memory

The blocks 92 a - 92 n may implement hardware resources (or engines). The block 94 may implement a shared memory circuit. The block 98 may implement a directed acyclic graph (DAG) memory. In an example embodiment, one or more of the circuits 92 a - 92 n may comprise blocks (or circuits) 110 a - 110 n. In the example shown, circuits 110 a and 110 b are implemented.

[006] ... The memory may be configured to store image data of an input image. The processor may be configured to detect one or more objects in the input image using a quantized multi-stage object detection network, where quantization of the quantized multi-stage object detection network includes
(i) generating quantized image data by performing a first data range analysis on the image data of the input image,
(ii) generating a feature map and proposal bounding boxes by applying a region proposal network (RPN) to the quantized image data,
(iii) performing a region of interest pooling operation on the feature map and a plurality of ground truth boxes corresponding to the proposal bounding boxes generated by the RPN,
(iv) generating quantized region of interest pooling results by performing a second data range analysis on results from the region of interest pooling operation, and
(v) applying a region-based convolutional neural network (RCNN) to the quantized region of interest pooling results

[0040] In an example embodiment, the circuit 110 a may implement convolution operations. In another example, the circuit 110 b may be configured to provide pooling operations. The circuit 110 b may be configured to provide ROI pooling operations in accordance with an example embodiment of the invention (e.g., using ground truth inputs as part of a quantization process). The convolution and pooling operations may be used to perform computer (or machine) vision tasks (e.g., as part of an object detection process, etc.). In yet another example, one or more of the circuits 92 c - 92 n may comprise blocks (or circuits) 110 c - 110 n (not shown) to provide convolution calculations in multiple dimensions.

RCNN applies CNN to selected regions of the field of view delineated by bounding boxes (BB), so the RPN first has to identify objects to draw the BBs around.

As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but I don't think tweezers is one of them - that'll just pluck it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love

Diogenese

Top 20
It's a bit confusing. BMW will be using Valeo's Domain Controller powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs. The ADAS domain controller will host Valeo’s software platform for low-speed maneuvering (sounds like Valeo's Valet Service), as well as software assets from BMW and Qualcomm for driving automation. BMW “Neue Klasse” will also feature the next generation of Valeo’s ultrasonic sensors, the full set of surround view cameras, as well as a new multifunctional interior camera that will contribute to improved safety and create a new level of user experience.No Lidar 😲

Most of the sensors are Valeo's which will hopefully incorporate Akida IP. Controlling the volume of data from the sensors/cameras etc to the domain controller is the key so you don't overload it with useless data. Valeo said they will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing all data flows from all ADAS sensors (does this include from SNN from their own sensors/cameras) in BMW Group vehicles based on the “Neue Klasse” platform. They seem to be making a point in emphasising all when they could have easily said - Valeo will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing data flows from ADAS sensors

This was an interesting paragraph - "Equipped with some of the most powerful automotive processors in the market (not the most), the system being developed by Valeo, BMW Group and Qualcomm is able to obtain real-time mapping and understanding of the car’s surroundings as well as the interior of the vehicle. New features and upgrades will be added throughout the car’s lifecycle".

I think they are too far down the road in developing Snapdragon to go back and be ready by 2025 which seems to be the date every luxury producing automaker is trying to meet with their new science fiction vehicles. There is an almighty existential race going on with automakers new and old atm to grab EV market share as ICE vehicles in most western countries will soon be banned and they're also worried the dates could be moved forward depending on global warming.

Following on, there was an article in the Automotive News Europe on the 17th of March which said - BMW and Qualcomm have both said that automakers should not develop unique software systems that cannot be shared - I believe they are having a dig at Mercedes-Benz because they're behind the 8-ball. As we know MB are developing their own OS as well. BMW has backed the wrong horse and they know it. Sharing with other automakers sounds like trying to keep them at BMW's level and not surpass them with a superior ADAS like MB. Stellantis haven't fallen for it.

One thing that manufacturers dabbling with Snapdragon 8 gen 2 will need to be wary of is the ARM/Qualcomm litigation. This could be the fly in the ointment if Qualcomm loses. This adds a little extra piquancy to the BMW/Qualcomm plea for sharing.

• Fire
  • Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Ok, without an explanation you can have mine. Sean has satisfied the incentive requirements by brokering several deals with major companies (probably Apple, Samsung and Dick Smith) and has been awarded a truck load of shares.
I'm always looking for one
verifiable connection from brn to qualcomm as i firmly believe that they are a customer of ours

I know @Diogenese say No:unsure:

Qualcomm
Qualcomm
1 Tag

We're pleased to share that Samsung Mobile is now the official smartphone partner of the Snapdragon Pro Series. Together, we're putting premium #Snapdragon powered Samsung Galaxy devices in the hands of billions of gamers around the world.
1670612761926.png

Qualcomm Announces Samsung as Presenting Partner of the Snapdragon Pro Series​

DEC 7, 2022SAN DIEGO

Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Arm Neoverse momentum continues across China! This week Baidu, Inc. announced Arm-based GR1 instances using the Ampere Altra CPU. Congratulations to Baidu and Ampere on the launch!
1670615118070.png

Baidu Smart Cloud has many years of experience in ARM architecture technology and will continue to participate in the more complete ARM ecosystem to help cloud users create excellent solutions on the more efficient Gr1 platform and achieve better cost performance. At the same time, Baidu Smart Cloud technology allows more small and medium-sized enterprises and software developers to participate in reducing carbon emissions.
1670615149758.png

Reactions: 8 users

JDelekto

Regular
Pretty good price action based on the extremely low volume, if you ask me. The glorious days you are referencing had 20, 30 or even 40 times yesterday's ASX volume, too. And don't even get me started on the (pathetic - my opinion only) OTC volumes in the USA.
Regards, Mr. Positive (smiley face)

If they get on the ball and finally get the DTC eligibility squared away, it might be more enticing to investors who want to take advantage of the currently low stock price but not have to shell out $50 US for every lot they purchase.

I cannot purchase large volumes at once since I only put aside a portion of my paycheck for investing. I have to wait to accumulate enough to make it worth my while. If this DTC eligibility would go through, I wouldn't have to pay a fee for every transaction and I would invest every paycheck.

The way it stands now, It makes sense to have one large transaction instead of several smaller transactions with such a usurious fee. That makes the times that I can purchase the stock few and far between. With that strategy, I usually can't get a price at which I am happy.

I tend to think if other US investors have the same amount of friction investing in BrainChip, they may not consider it worth their while.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
If they get on the ball and finally get the DTC eligibility squared away, it might be more enticing to investors who want to take advantage of the currently low stock price but not have to shell out $50 US for every lot they purchase.

I cannot purchase large volumes at once since I only put aside a portion of my paycheck for investing. I have to wait to accumulate enough to make it worth my while. If this DTC eligibility would go through, I wouldn't have to pay a fee for every transaction and I would invest every paycheck.

The way it stands now, It makes sense to have one large transaction instead of several smaller transactions with such a usurious fee. That makes the times that I can purchase the stock few and far between. With that strategy, I usually can't get a price at which I am happy.

I tend to think if other US investors have the same amount of friction investing in BrainChip, they may not consider it worth their while.
Ameritrade charges $6.95/trade for BRCHF and always has at least for the past 12 months since my first purchase.

(As a completely irrelevant aside I am presently on Waiheke Island until Xmas and have never met anyone else who owns Brainchip...anybody here to say hello).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

JDelekto

Regular
Ameritrade charges $6.95/trade for BRCHF and always has at least for the past 12 months since my first purchase.

(As a completely irrelevant aside I am presently on Waiheke Island until Xmas and have never met anyone else who owns Brainchip...anybody here to say hello).

I wonder if the fee is still the same. I have a co-worker who also uses Ameritrade and says they were also paying a smaller fee. However, they also noted that the fee they had to pay for trades has increased recently.

My company has a Simple IRA plan through Fidelity where I can contribute funds pre-tax dollars, and they have to match up to 3%.

I considered opening an account with Ameritrade, but I was afraid of running into the same hassle I did with WeBull and Robin Hood, specifically those brokers waiting until the last possible minute to make my tax information available, or they didn't have an easy means to electronically transfer the tax information to the company I use for filing.

As I usually tend to get a refund after filing, I like to file as early as possible so that I can get the refund and reinvest that amount.

Maybe in a couple of years, my investment in BrainChip will allow me to hire an accountant to do all of that clerical work for me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom