BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ameritrade charges $6.95/trade for BRCHF and always has at least for the past 12 months since my first purchase.

(As a completely irrelevant aside I am presently on Waiheke Island until Xmas and have never met anyone else who owns Brainchip...anybody here to say hello).
Charles
I have a place in surfdale on Waiheke
Wondering could you do me a favour
Send my place a little love while you’re there, it’s a beautiful place Waiheke
Trouble is I just don’t get over there enough, but I am seriously thinking about changing that.
2 Beresford Ave
Cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

mrgds

Regular
Might just be me, but this video with Megachips is something ive not seen/missed, well worth the watch
@RobjHunt ........... great to see Ken the robot, ............... are you Mike Matchett?

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

mrgds

Regular
Another video about Brainchip, ........................ this one from another trusted partner , Edge Impulse

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
This is a Google translation from French to English of an interview in:
Renesas finalizes the design of a pulse neural network chip

Technologies | December 5, 2022

By A Delapalisse, Nick Flaherty

NEURAL NETWORKS MPUS/MCUS IA

Renesas is putting into production a chip using Pulse Neural Network (SNN) technology developed by Brainchip.

This is part of an initiative to improve the peak performance of its chips for the Internet of Things, said Sailesh Chittipeddi, who became Executive Vice President and Executive Director of the IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics and former CEO of IDT (which was acquired by Renesas) to eeNews Europe and ECI News.

This strategy saw the company develop the first silicon for the M85 cores of ARM and RISC-V as well as new capacity and foundry offers.

"We are very happy to be at the forefront of technology and we have now made a quick transition to fill our shortage of ARM-based products, but we are aware of the challenges of the market and have introduced RISC-V products to ensure that we do not fall behind in new architectures," he said.

"Our next step is to use more advanced technological nodes to push microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and this is where they overlap with microprocessors. The way I see it is that the important thing is above all the performance of the system.

"Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22 nm CMOS process, "said Chittipeddi.

Brainchip and Renesas signed an agreement in December 2020 to implement pulse neural network technology. The tools are vital for this new field. "The partner gives us the training tools we need," he said.

The adoption of technology depends on market adoption, he says.

"We want to see where the market reception is highest, this is what determines whether we do things internally or through a third party. ”

He points out that he works with Andes on RISC-V hearts, then moves on to the development of his own hearts. "You will find something similar on the AI side where accelerators will be integrated internally and some not, it will be entirely based on market activity. Our general philosophy is to internalize things - it's very difficult, but that's what dictates where we put our money and investments.

User experience

"Now that we are starting to reconstruct the pieces of the puzzle, how can we dominate the ecosystem? This is how we assemble it - it's the user experience. How to make it transparent so that customer A and client Z can obtain the desired result transparently, from the availability and ease of use of machine learning models to the implementation of the microcontroller with the fewest clicks to access the cloud, "he said.
"For me, the next big step in the trip is the user experience. The ease of use of analytical data is beginning to matter - cloud providers have their own tools, but the question is how easy it is for our customers to use their tools. It is therefore the API and probably a set of things to help them create scripts.

"Ship and forget is the ideal model you want to access," he said. "Dino Arduino reaches 30 million users without being disturbed on a daily basis. This is something we can learn from, "he said.
Renesas had a good year, he says. "It was a story of good things and really difficult things," he said. " 2022 will be a satisfying year for us. I am not saying that we are immune to macroeconomic forces, but given the strengths in the supply chain, most customers have been relatively positive about our ability to supply them. Thus, our manufacturing, supply chain and sales teams have done a very good job to satisfy customers. ”

"Our internal capacity needs are always tight at 40, 55 and 60 nm and some of our products are still there, it's slowing down a little. What we did, what could be different, is that we signed long-term agreements with clients, so we invested in capital with our partners to commit ourselves to capacity for a horizon of three to five years. It's not just an internal discussion. Whether it's new lines or new fabs, there are a bit of both.

There are fabs to come in 2024 and 2025 with a foundry partner and a new 300 mm fab for the MF3 and MF4 process for microcontrollers with integrated flash, as well as a new 200 mm capacity. He also reopens his Kofu fab for power composers.

Old fabs never die – Renesas reopens fab for 300mm power silicon

"In our plans, we see an ongoing need for sustained investment," he said. "The capacity constraint is still there in the world of IoT. This is where the greatest consumption of silicon ends up occurring.

The 40nm RV40F process is used internally and at TSMC and it is being sought to extend it to other foundries as well, he says. "We are working with another partner to use the 40 nm process," he said.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
Might just be me, but this video with Megachips is something ive not seen/missed, well worth the watch
@RobjHunt ........... great to see Ken the robot, ............... are you Mike Matchett?

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi @mrgds

You have proven the value of revisiting as this is an interview that was previously posted but it has been greatly enhanced with new graphics and production techniques so I thank you for posting and suggest it is definitely more entertaining and worth watching again.

Many thanks.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

RobjHunt

Regular

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hehe, nope. But hey………..Pantene Peeps!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Nandan Nayampally
Nandan Nayampally• 1.Technology Executive | ex-Arm | General Management | Product Management | Marketing | Strategy | AI
43 Min

Check out BrainChip #ces2023 https://brainchip.com. Look forward to seeing you there.
Übersetzung anzeigen
Keine alternative Textbeschreibung für dieses Bild vorhanden

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Taproot

Regular

Renesas is putting into production a chip using Pulse Neural Network (SNN) technology developed by Brainchip.

This is part of an initiative to improve the peak performance of its chips for the Internet of Things, said Sailesh Chittipeddi, who became Executive Vice President and Executive Director of the IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics and former CEO of IDT (which was acquired by Renesas) to eeNews Europe and ECI News.

This strategy saw the company develop the first silicon for the M85 cores of ARM and RISC-V as well as new capacity and foundry offers.

"We are very happy to be at the forefront of technology and we have now made a quick transition to fill our shortage of ARM-based products, but we are aware of the challenges of the market and have introduced RISC-V products to ensure that we do not fall behind in new architectures," he said.

"Our next step is to use more advanced technological nodes to push microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and this is where they overlap with microprocessors. The way I see it is that the important thing is above all the performance of the system.

"Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22 nm CMOS process, "said Chittipeddi.

Brainchip and Renesas signed an agreement in December 2020 to implement pulse neural network technology. The tools are vital for this new field. "The partner gives us the training tools we need," he said.

"We want to see where the market reception is highest, this is what determines whether we do things internally or through a third party. ”

He points out that he works with Andes on RISC-V hearts, then moves on to the development of his own hearts. "You will find something similar on the AI side where accelerators will be integrated internally and some not, it will be entirely based on market activity. Our general philosophy is to internalize things - it's very difficult, but that's what dictates where we put our money and investments.

User experience

"Now that we are starting to reconstruct the pieces of the puzzle, how can we dominate the ecosystem? This is how we assemble it - it's the user experience. How to make it transparent so that customer A and client Z can obtain the desired result transparently, from the availability and ease of use of machine learning models to the implementation of the microcontroller with the fewest clicks to access the cloud, "he said.
"For me, the next big step in the trip is the user experience. The ease of use of analytical data is beginning to matter - cloud providers have their own tools, but the question is how easy it is for our customers to use their tools. It is therefore the API and probably a set of things to help them create scripts.

"Ship and forget is the ideal model you want to access," he said. "Dino Arduino reaches 30 million users without being disturbed on a daily basis. This is something we can learn from, "he said.
Renesas had a good year, he says. "It was a story of good things and really difficult things," he said. " 2022 will be a satisfying year for us. I am not saying that we are immune to macroeconomic forces, but given the strengths in the supply chain, most customers have been relatively positive about our ability to supply them. Thus, our manufacturing, supply chain and sales teams have done a very good job to satisfy customers. ”

"Our internal capacity needs are always tight at 40, 55 and 60 nm and some of our products are still there, it's slowing down a little. What we did, what could be different, is that we signed long-term agreements with clients, so we invested in capital with our partners to commit ourselves to capacity for a horizon of three to five years. It's not just an internal discussion. Whether it's new lines or new fabs, there are a bit of both.

There are fabs to come in 2024 and 2025 with a foundry partner and a new 300 mm fab for the MF3 and MF4 process for microcontrollers with integrated flash, as well as a new 200 mm capacity. He also reopens his Kofu fab for power composers.

"In our plans, we see an ongoing need for sustained investment," he said. "The capacity constraint is still there in the world of IoT. This is where the greatest consumption of silicon ends up occurring.

The 40nm RV40F process is used internally and at TSMC and it is being sought to extend it to other foundries as well, he says. "We are working with another partner to use the 40 nm process," he said.
From August 2021

The near-term focus is supplying the Akida IP to 22nm although some customers may go back to 90nm process, Akida executives said.

Rob Telson, vice president of worldwide sales, said BrainChip is drawing up plans for smaller and larger versions of Akida under the names Akida500, Akida1500 and Akida2000. Some of these may well comply to a new generation of the Akida architecture – Akida 2.0 – due to arrive in 2022. It is thought Akida500 could be implemented in 22nm FDSOI manufacturing process, and serve as a demonstrator of the agnostic nature of the Akida architecture.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Ameritrade charges $6.95/trade for BRCHF and always has at least for the past 12 months since my first purchase.

(As a completely irrelevant aside I am presently on Waiheke Island until Xmas and have never met anyone else who owns Brainchip...anybody here to say hello).
Held since 2019. Living in Havelock North

Reactions: 8 users

Taproot

Regular
From August 2021

The near-term focus is supplying the Akida IP to 22nm although some customers may go back to 90nm process, Akida executives said.

Rob Telson, vice president of worldwide sales, said BrainChip is drawing up plans for smaller and larger versions of Akida under the names Akida500, Akida1500 and Akida2000. Some of these may well comply to a new generation of the Akida architecture – Akida 2.0 – due to arrive in 2022. It is thought Akida500 could be implemented in 22nm FDSOI manufacturing process, and serve as a demonstrator of the agnostic nature of the Akida architecture.

Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22 nm CMOS process, "said Chittipeddi.

TSMC ?

22nm ultra-low power (22ULP) technology was developed based on TSMC's industry-leading 28nm technology and completed all process qualifications in the fourth quarter of 2018. Compared to 28nm high-performance compact (28HPC) technology, 22ULP provides 10% area reduction with more than 30% speed gain or more than 30% power reduction for applications including image processing, digital TVs, set-top boxes, smartphones and consumer products.

22nm ultra-low leakage (22ULL) technology development was completed and entered risk production in fourth quarter of 2018 to support IoT and wearable devices applications. New ULL device and ULL SRAM (static random access memory) can provide lower power consumption compared to 40ULP and 55ULP solutions.

• Fire
  • Love

Taproot

Regular
Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22 nm CMOS process, "said Chittipeddi.

TSMC ?

22nm ultra-low power (22ULP) technology was developed based on TSMC's industry-leading 28nm technology and completed all process qualifications in the fourth quarter of 2018. Compared to 28nm high-performance compact (28HPC) technology, 22ULP provides 10% area reduction with more than 30% speed gain or more than 30% power reduction for applications including image processing, digital TVs, set-top boxes, smartphones and consumer products.

22nm ultra-low leakage (22ULL) technology development was completed and entered risk production in fourth quarter of 2018 to support IoT and wearable devices applications. New ULL device and ULL SRAM (static random access memory) can provide lower power consumption compared to 40ULP and 55ULP solutions.

Foundries Prepare For Battle At 22nm ( Nov 2018 )​

After introducing new 22nm processes over the last year or two, foundries are gearing up the technology for production—and preparing for a showdown.

GlobalFoundries, Intel, TSMC and UMC are developing and/or expanding their efforts at 22nm amid signs this node could generate substantial business for applications like automotive, IoT and wireless. But foundry customers face some tough choices because not all 22nm processes are alike. In addition, not all of them have a full complement of EDA tools or IP.

There are three different versions of 22nm being rolled out by different foundries:

• TSMC and UMC are developing a 22nm planar bulk CMOS process.
  • GlobalFoundries is gearing up a 22nm planar FD-SOI technology.
  • Intel is pushing a low-power 22nm finFET technology.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Realinfo

Regular
‘The pen is mightier than the sword’

Many here express their disappointment at the paucity of information we receive. There is endless searching, dot joining, numerous posts hoping…for something, anything to appear…somewhere, anywhere.

As a result, I wrote to our Battler yesterday suggesting that shareholders would greatly appreciate a Christmas message, providing an informative, dare I say comprehensive update on where the company is, as 2022 comes to a close.

I suggested that this should include the current state of play with Akida’s development, patents, staffing, and of course sales and marketing.

I emphasised that such an update could and should be easily provided, without naming names or in any other way jeopardising confidentiality agreements the company has signed…that to suggest otherwise is a nonsense, and an admission that nobody within the company has the ability to put words on paper that summarises where the company currently is, without breaching confidentiality.

I concluded by saying that such an update could take the form of a letter to shareholders via the company website.

It is suggested that people within the company read what is said here, so perhaps a solid show of support for the above may yield a result.

PS…an open bar at The Briars Dead !!

‘The medium is the massage’

Having marshalled the good forces of TSExers, Tony advised that my request for a Christmas message has been sent to Sean.

What puzzles me is, in an age where communication is so easy and the importance of getting one’s message out clearly and concisely has never been greater, our Battler appears to consider itself entrapped by NDA’s. As stated above in last weekend’s post, it is simply a nonsense for our company to say they can’t provide meaningful updates without jeopardising confidentiality.

I’m certainly no Winston Churchill, but here’s my attempt at a Christmas message…

The past year has seen significant progress in all facets of our business. We have and are aggressively addressing our marketplace, which occupies every corner of business activity as we know it today, plus areas we currently don’t. Engagement with partners, EAP’s and customers has been rapidly accelerating, and whilst we cannot mention names of individual companies, or even projects we are participating in, we can say that despite global economic conditions, your company is in a good place.

This rise in activity has made it necessary to increase the number of staff we employ, to ensure we can professionally support our partners, EAP’s and customers. It is said…’one man’s loss is another man’s gain’. The layoffs across the tech world has enabled us to hire many high quality people to work in all our offices. Earlier in the year, we forecast having around 100 employees by year’s end…but a combination of demand across all facets of our business, and the availability of high quality people, has seen this number increase to around 120. As a result, you will see a rise in our outgoings, but we are pleased to advise that our forward estimates suggest we are not only well placed to fund this increase, but to accelerate the ongoing development of our technology.

Speaking of which, Akida is being developed at an ever increasing pace…we will say more about this shortly. Whilst this is important, so is the protection we afford it. Our patent programme is progressing at a compatible rate to Akida’s development, and we are comforted that our growing suite of patents provides the protection necessary in today‘s world.

We understand that many shareholders are frustrated by a lack of specific information, caused by the necessity for us to respect confidentiality agreements. Do not think a paucity of specific information means little is happening. We are genuinely excited by what is unfolding, and we are looking forward to what awaits us in the year ahead, and beyond.

On behalf of everyone here at Brainchip, I wish you all a safe and merry Christmas…SH (aka Realinfo)

P.S…over to Fact and the 1000 eyes, to tell me where I’ve breached confidentiality.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Charles
I have a place in surfdale on Waiheke
Wondering could you do me a favour
Send my place a little love while you’re there, it’s a beautiful place Waiheke
Trouble is I just don’t get over there enough, but I am seriously thinking about changing that.
2 Beresford Ave
Cheers
Nice
Vain Elamaa Smile GIF by NelonenMedia
:giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Taproot

Regular

Foundries Prepare For Battle At 22nm ( Nov 2018 )​

After introducing new 22nm processes over the last year or two, foundries are gearing up the technology for production—and preparing for a showdown.

GlobalFoundries, Intel, TSMC and UMC are developing and/or expanding their efforts at 22nm amid signs this node could generate substantial business for applications like automotive, IoT and wireless. But foundry customers face some tough choices because not all 22nm processes are alike. In addition, not all of them have a full complement of EDA tools or IP.

There are three different versions of 22nm being rolled out by different foundries:

• TSMC and UMC are developing a 22nm planar bulk CMOS process.
  • GlobalFoundries is gearing up a 22nm planar FD-SOI technology.
  • Intel is pushing a low-power 22nm finFET technology.

We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22 nm CMOS process, "said Chittipeddi.
  • TSMC and UMC are developing a 22nm planar bulk CMOS process. ??

• GlobalFoundries is gearing up a 22nm planar FD-SOI technology. ??

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Having marshalled the good forces of TSExers, Tony advised that my request for a Christmas message has been sent to Sean.

What puzzles me is, in an age where communication is so easy and the importance of getting one’s message out clearly and concisely has never been greater, our Battler appears to consider itself entrapped by NDA’s. As stated above in last weekend’s post, it is simply a nonsense for our company to say they can’t provide meaningful updates without jeopardising confidentiality.

I’m certainly no Winston Churchill, but here’s my attempt at a Christmas message…

The past year has seen significant progress in all facets of our business. We have and are aggressively addressing our marketplace, which occupies every corner of business activity as we know it today, plus areas we currently don’t. Engagement with partners, EAP’s and customers has been rapidly accelerating, and whilst we cannot mention names of individual companies, or even projects we are participating in, we can say that despite global economic conditions, your company is in a good place.

This rise in activity has made it necessary to increase the number of staff we employ, to ensure we can professionally support our partners, EAP’s and customers. It is said…’one man’s loss is another man’s gain’. The layoffs across the tech world has enabled us to hire many high quality people to work in all our offices. Earlier in the year, we forecast having around 100 employees by year’s end…but a combination of demand across all facets of our business, and the availability of high quality people, has seen this number increase to around 120. As a result, you will see a rise in our outgoings, but we are pleased to advise that our forward estimates suggest we are not only well placed to fund this increase, but to accelerate the ongoing development of our technology.

Speaking of which, Akida is being developed at an ever increasing pace…we will say more about this shortly. Whilst this is important, so is the protection we afford it. Our patent programme is progressing at a compatible rate to Akida’s development, and we are comforted that our growing suite of patents provides the protection necessary in today‘s world.

We understand that many shareholders are frustrated by a lack of specific information, caused by the necessity for us to respect confidentiality agreements. Do not think a paucity of specific information means little is happening. We are genuinely excited by what is unfolding, and we are looking forward to what awaits us in the year ahead, and beyond.

On behalf of everyone here at Brainchip, I wish you all a safe and merry Christmas…SH (aka Realinfo)

P.S…over to Fact and the 1000 eyes, to tell me where I’ve breached confidentiality.
The problem with your question is that if I knew where you were breaching confidentiality then I would have insider information which I do not so I cannot answer your question. I do hope than none of the 1000 Eyes have insider knowledge and if they do that they are not silly enough to disclose the fact by answering your question. 😁😂🤣😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Slade

Top 20

User experience

I like the sound of this: “What we did, what could be different, is that we signed long-term agreements with clients, so we invested in capital with our partners to commit ourselves to capacity for a horizon of three to five years”

• Fire
  • Love

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thanks @mrgds

I was critical of his previous interview so it’s only fair I acknowledge this one was much better. Explained his service really well and promoted Brainchip.

I hope Megachips is extremely successful which in turn makes Brainchip a great success also!

Cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20

Does BrainChip now have 120 staff members? Has that been confirmed?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Daddy Sean better one up this

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom